Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Final Destinies, New Beginnings ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Authors Notes at end but just in case: 1) WARNING--Two different DigiDestined say the "F" word and (2) this story takes place around three years after the end of 02. Everyone is about to hit their 20's but T.K. and Kari are close to/if not 17.



Final Destinies, New Beginnings

The eight Digimon stood there, eyes filled with unwanted tears as the last
of their human friends' strength gave out and each one slumped to the floor. Trapped underneath the glass dome, the normal sparkle of life in their eyes was reduced to a dull glaze as the machine above drained them of their very souls. Pounding on their own prison, each Digimon called out to their human friend and partner in a desperate attempt to stir them awake.

"Mimi!!" shouted Palamon, the tears and anguish in her voice tangible enough to touch.

"Come on Joe! Don't lie down on the job now!" yelled Gomamon, unable to keep the fear from creeping into his last ditch taunt.

"Kari, please. You can't leave me..not after all we've been through..." muttered Gatomon, her normal confident tone replaced by something mournful and resigned.

"T.K. please. Wake up!" cried Patamon as he was too overwhelmed to hover and stood on the floor unable to-no matter how hard the tried otherwise-take his eyes from the peaceful form of T.K. as the young man rested against his brother.

"Matt..please. You've got to try to wake up. Your friends are counting on
you!"

"Tai. Listen to Gabumon. You and Matt have to wake up!" demanded Agumon as Tai's body collapsed to the floor, eyes closed in unconsciousness

"Sora! Please..you have to get up now!" cried Biyomon as Sora's hat-worn this once for old times' sake- fell off her still form and rolled to a stop several feet away.

"Come on Izzy! There's got to be a logical way out of this!" Tentamon
shouted, but the challenge to his friend went unanswered.

"SILENCE!"

Falling quiet, the Digimon looked around at Myotismon, and if looks could
kill the Dark Digimon would be de-complied before he knew what had happened.

"You miserable fools are in no position to help! I and I alone hold
the fate of your friends in my hands and I have decided that they must die!

"I don't know how your alive Myotismon, but I swear you'll pay for this even if it takes all my nine lives!!"

Kneeling down, Myotismon sneered at Gatomon, the look on her face brought an evil smile to his own. "Oh..is this the point where I am supposed to be scared?" he teased, laughing at her scornful appearance. "It was really too easy Gatomon, to trap you and your pitiful DigiDestined like this. All it took was a simple faked message from Genni, wanting to see you once more in his final hours. And as I predicted you rushed back to the Digital World. But you did not expect to end up here in my new castle did you?" Tapping the glass in front of Gatomon, the Dark Lord smirked and continued.."Separated from your friends, their Digivices out of reach, and with my anti-Digivolving dome in place, you don't seem to have a very good hand to play do you Gatomon?" and with that last taunt he laughed, the sound akin to fingernails on a chalkboard.

Myotismon stood and took another glance at the large pair of globes suspended over the umbrella-like dome that held the unconscious humans. One was full of white binary energy, drained from the captive Digimon behind him. Beside that, another globe pulsed with rainbow colored energy stolen from the bodies of the human children who had saved the Digital World so long ago as the DigiDestined. Turning, he again faced the captive Digimon.. "It was so easy to steal your digivolving energy, and when I combine that with the life force of the humans, I will reach a level of power greater than Apocalmon himself! And you.." he glared right at Gatomon, her betrayal still fresh in the forefront of his mind even after all this time...."you will have to stand by and watch her die, just like you did Wizardmon!" and with the he laughed long and hard as the bitter sound filled the room and seemed to echo everywhere at once. Slowly the evil Digimon turned back to watch the DigiDestined in their final minutes of life.

Smiling ever so smugly, Myotismon walked over to a control panel and with a
flick of a switch began to mix and blend the digital and life force energies
captured from his foes. It would only take a few moments then...he would
rule all.

Eternally.

Gabumon blinked as he saw a mix of emotions rush across Gatomon's face and none of them were something he ever wanted to experience firsthand. Anger, rage, loss, sadness..all of these feelings welt up from the feline Digimon's heart and consumed her. But, beyond all the others, one emotion stood out from everything else: hate. Pure..unwavering.. hate. He was about to reach out a paw to calm Gatomon down when he smelled the first whiff of ozone as the scent started to grow in intensity. Distracted by the odor, Gabumon missed Patamons' shocked look as he heard the faint crackle of energy as an aura of golden color pulsed around the feline Digimon.

"Get down!" yelled the small Digimon as he plowed into Gabumon and the two
tumbled into the others, shoving them as far away as they could to keep them
safe from what was about to happen.

"LIGHTING PAW!!"

Screaming her attack, Gatomon unleashed the most powerful surge of energy she had ever created as her fist slammed into the dome, shattering the
material into a thousand pieces flying in every direction at once. Some of
the shards flew into the back of Myotismon, caught completely off guard by
the hate-fueled attack. Crumpling in pain, the dark Digimon struggled to pull
the objects from his body as each successful attempt made even such a
powerful Digimon as himself wince.

More p ieces flew upwards, shattering the globe that held the combined
energies that was to bathe Myotismon in their merged power. Now freed of
their confinement, the life energies flowed back to the prone humans
lying on the cold stone floor below. However, as a side effect, the digital energy
was dragged along as well infusing the DigiDestined with energies they never expected to possess.

"KARI!" shouted Gatomon as she and the other Digimon rushed over to their
fallen friends and tried to comfort them as they shuddered somewhere between
life and death. Each of their chests glowed, then flickered, with the sign
of their crests.

"No..I won't let you..stop me again!" shouted Myotismon as he slowly rose to his feet. "Crimson Lighting!!" Upon command, the deadly attack arced out, sweeping the standing Digimon away from their prone human friends.

Impacting against the far wall of the enclosure, the Digimon slumped to the
ground, stunned by the attack. Shaken, each began to rise, trying to form some manner of counterattack against Myotismon in the desperate hope to give their human friends time to recover.

Laughing, Myotismon stood and slowly advanced on the still-rattled Digimon, his fists glowing with power. "Now it ends Digimon.It ends for you and for me..the beginning!" and with a smirk of confidence he raised his hand to deliver the final blow. "Crimson...."

But so focused was Myotismon, he failed to notice one DigiDestioned open
his eyes and with a gesture of pure instinct robbed the Dark Lord of his
victory.

"Shield of Friendship!"

"Lighting!" finished Myotismon but it was too late; a shield erected itself
between Myotismon and the Digimon, blocking the attack and causing both Dark
Lord and Digimon to turn and stare agape at the sight before them.

Matt staggered to his feet, keeping one hand in the gesture he used to
create the shield as the other helped T.K. to his feet as well. Seconds
later, Mimi helped Joe as Tai and Sora helped Izzy to his feet as well. Kari
was a bit slower to respond but with Tai's help was able to get on her feet
if still a bit unsteady.

"Matt..how did you..?"

"Beats me Joe! I just saw Myotismon going to attack and I..I heard these
words in my head and I just..reacted.."

"This is scientifically impossible!"

"I don't know Izzy. If Matt's doing it then maybe someone should discuss
redoing the definition of impossible!"

Nodding in agreement with Sora's observation, T.K. held onto Kari gently as
Myotismon glared at those who dared to oppose him.

"This is...you can not be doing this!"

Sneering, it was T.K. who answered. "Well, we are you bastard and we're going
to stop you from hurting our friends and the Digital World ever again"

"Foolish child! Grisly Wing!!"

As the swarm of bats flew towards T.K., it was Joe's voice that rang out
now.

"Cross of Reliability!!"

Erupting from within Joe, the glowing white cross shot forth, plowing
through the swarm and destroyed them utterly and then it plunged into
Myotismon's skin, searing him with the image of the attack as he stumbled
back.

"AAARUGH!!"

Staggering, Myotismon clutched at his chest as the searing image of
Joe's Cross burned there for long seconds until finally dissipating. It was
hard to tell who was more surprised; Joe for having this new ability or
Myotismon at how powerful it was."This..is..impossible..." stammered the Dark Lord as he had to use the wall to hold himself up for the moment.

"J..Joe..?"

Glancing over at the stunned Mimi, Joe looked at the young woman he loved
with a sad expression as he noticed her shying back from him with a look of
fear cast deep in her eyes.

"What....how..." she mummered softly, trying so very hard to not be scared
but failing more with each passing moment.

Joe sadly kept from reaching out to her knowing full well that his touch
would only frighten her more. He was about to say something when a blast of
crimson lighting slammed him into a support column with a horrendous thud.

Cries of "Joe!" sprang up but it was Mimi who reached the young man first.
With all her fears of Joe's new abilities shoved aside by her need to comfort the man she loved, Mimi gently cradled her friend.

"I'm sorry Joe..I'm so sorry.." she sobbed as she rocked him gently back
and forth. She could feel his pulse faintly through her touches against his
skin so he was alive..for now.

"Comfort him all you want girl but he, then ALL of you, shall fall before
me!"

"Would you /please/ shut the FUCK up?!"

All commotion stopped dead still as every head turned and looked in the
direction of the profanity-laced statement as it ripped through the air.
"I have HAD it! I have had IT with your plots, and schemes, and hurting our
friends and family just because you thinks it's your DESTINY?! AND.. and
most of all..I am still so FUCKING sick of that damm laugh and I will take
GREAT personal pleasure on shoving it down your DAMM throat!!"

"S..Sora...?" meekly whispered Tai as he looked on stunned, along with the
other DigiDestined and Digimon, as Sora began to advance on Myotismon step
by measured step. He reached out to calm her, but the look of pure venom
that filled her reply made even Tai shy away from the young woman he loved
and let her pass unobstructed.

"You are a child, what do you understand of destines!" sneered the villain
as he charged up another attack of Crimson Lighting. Worse for wear, the
Dark Lord was not about to lose again to these children, wondrous powers or
not.

"Destines.. DESTINES?! What do /I/ know about them?! I know they have
ruined our lives..made our parents worry, taken from us any hope of a happy
normal childhood and gave us nightmares that will haunt us for the rest of
our lives! They twist your dreams and destroy your hopes and then tell you
it's all because of some prophecy. A prophecy?! Some crap wrote a billion
years ago suddenly means we have to give up EVERYTHING just because someone
says so?!" Sobbing softly she still advanced on the Digimon, each step as
heavy as her heart as long years of pain, and loss, and grief boiled over.
How could she love anymore when it hurt so much each time one of them got
hurt. She couldn't; not until the source of the hurt went away..

Forever.

"Crimson.."

Tears flowing freely, Sora flung her hands forward, willing to do
everything it took to end this nightmare once and for all.

"Chain of Love!"

Swirling up from her feet, over her legs, across her bosom and around her
arms, a golden colored chain appeared for a brief second then twirled around
the Dark Lord with an near-unbreakable grip.

Myotismon blinked as faster than his eyes could follow, the chain wrapped
around him tightly and as if a fly in an spiders' web, he collapsed to the
floor.

Sora stared ahead blankly, as if lost in some kind of terrible fog only she could see and feel. Her knees began to shake as her words and actions overwhelmed her and she began to fall, only to be caught solidly by Tai.

Cradling her as tenderly as Mimi held Joe, Tai sank to his knees and
pulled Sora into his shoulder as her tears escaped without fear or stop.

"It's okay Sora..let it all out.." urged Tai as his fingers flowed through
her soft hair.

Slowly, T.K, Kari, Izzy walked towards the bound Myotismon. Slumping
against a wall, Matt was able to finally drop the shield around their Digimon who still looked stunned beyond belief at the events of the past few moments. Panting slightly, Matt walked over to Mimi and smiled, kneeling down beside Joe as each Digimon raced to their human partner.

"Matt..I can't leave him..."

"You've got to Mimi. Look..me and Sora and Joe have used....our..well..powers. I'm think I'm tapped and Joe's out of it. Sora's not up to it and right now she needs Tai so if Myotismon breaks free..."

Sniffling, Mimi wanted to shake her head and deny Matt's logic but she
truly couldn't. He was right. If he broke free then whatever abilities she
possessed might be able to help stop Myotismon. Giving her friend a gentle hug,
Mimi then looked at Joe softly and with a gentleness all her own, kissed him
on the lips with tenderness and a promise for the future.

Standing, Mimi walked over to the others as they watched Myotismon struggle against the chain as out of the corner of her eye she saw Matt hold his
friend carefully.

Glaring up at the DigiDestined, Myotismon almost snarled, then actually
smiled. "Well..since you are so righteous in your cause children, finish me
as you thought you did once before! I am helpless before you and since you
are so just in your actions do what must be done..if you have the stomach!"

"With pleasure you..." growled Gatomon as she prepared another Lighting
Paw.

A comforting hand settled on her shoulder and Gatomon gasped, turning
sharply to view a sad Kari, fully recovered but with an expression that
caused the anger and hatred in the feline Digimon's heart to evaporate.
"Please Gatomon..don't do it. Your better than that..." begged Kari as she
knew in her soul that if Gatomon did such a deed, she would forever be
darkened by it.

"But Kari..we have to stop this. He keeps coming back over and over and
over again! He'll never stop..never let us be happy!"

Izzy gently laid a hand on Mimi's shoulder, his own gaze as reflective as
ever. "I know Mimi, but logically even if we destroy him he will eventually
become corporeal again, just like before. And to stop him in battle is one
thing..but this..this would be considered murder."

"How can you say that Izzy?!" exclaimed Matt as he glared at the still-bound Digimon. "How many times has he tried to kill us..ourn families..our entire world was threatened and your staying we just let him go?!" Gently Matt helped the now-semiconscious Joe to his feet and helped him over to Gomamon who took care of his friend as Matt used his long strides and soon was beside Izzy.

"Of course not Matt! There are several good places we could imprison him
for a very very long time! But to just stand here and..destroy a Digimon in
cold blood..."

Matt's reply was cut off by the sound of Myotimon's laugh as it once again
filled the room with it's awful sound. Even Sora was pulled from the depths
of her misery to numbly stare at him. "Oh this is just so precious! The
heroic DigiDestined, so righteous and pure in their thoughts, arguing like
the children they are over concepts so far removed from their safe,
meaningless lives. I wish I had this on tape to remember it!"

Fists balling up in anger, Matt began to step forward but was stopped by
T.K. who gently but with no room for argument pushed him back towards the
others. Slowly the young man turned to face Myotismon, missing the look of
shock on his older brothers' face.

"Shut...up...now. One more word and I will personally make you regret being
born...compiled...whatever!".

And to everyone's surprise, Myotismon's snide reply was stopped in
mid-thought and he nodded ever-so-slightly.

But it was not T.K.'s threat that gave pause to Myotismon. Rather it was
something...or someone...he saw reflected in T.K.'s eyes. A glinting of
power waiting to be unleashed; power from a being he had faced in battle
before and could defeat. But now..that being, fueled by this boy's heart...

The realization hit Myotismon like a ton of digibricks. He knew; in the
deepest part of his black heart, he /knew/ the truth.

And for the first time in uncounted years, Myotismon knew true fear.

*I have no choice now! I must destroy them before they realize the truth!*
Myotismon thought as he knew that he had to bring one of his last two trump
cards into play.

"Vilemon...attack!!"

As over a dozen heads jerked their way towards Myotismon, the walls of the
room quickly lifted to reveal nearly two dozen of the evil Digimon. Seconds
later the room was filled with their screeches and cries as the DigiDestined
ducked and swerved the incoming attacks.

"Blue Blaster!"
"Marching Fishes!"
"Spiral Twister!"
"Lighting Paw!"
"Boom Bubble!"
"Poison Ivy!"
"Pepper Breath!"
"Electro Shocker!"

By twos and threes the Vilemon were de-compiled as the Digimon attacks hit
home. Suddenly, two veered towards Joe while another pair dove for Tai.

"Shield of Fri..." began Matt but was cut off by a forceful attack cry from
across the room.

"Shurikin of Sincerity!"

Even though being a good 20 feet away Matt could see the look on
determination on Mimi's face as she shouted the words her mind brought
fourth. Glancing down at her hands, Matt blinked as they started to glow a
soft green and with but a moments passing, they were filled with two
like-colored throwing stars. With an ease as if she had been using such
weapons all her life, Mimi let them go with uncanny accuracy. They struck
the two Vilemon and the Digimon disappeared into the air, no trace left of
their existence.

Matt watched as the Vilemon disappeared, but suddenly remember the attack on Tai.
"Tai..look out!!!"

Glancing up, Tai saw the two Vilemon seconds away from shredding him with
their claws, but was saved from such a horrible fate with only inches to
spare.

"Lasso of Light!"

Kari's attack rang out over the din of battle, the white glowing lasso
forming in much the same way Sora's attack had. Tossing the stream of light,
Kari entangled the Vilemon attacking Tai and with a firm tug slammed them
into the closest wall and watched as the Digimon collapsed back into their
component code.

Blinking at the save, Tai grinned and gave his little sister a big smile
and nod, which Kari gratefully returned.

However, unnoticed by the DigiDestined or their Digimon, two Vilemon had
managed to loosen the chain that bound Myotismon and with a surge of evil
strength shattered the bonds and rose to his feet.

"Myotismon's free!" shouted Izzy as he dodged a blast of crimson lighting,
just missing his body but singing his soles to a burnt crisp.

"Swords of Courage!"

Turning at the sound of another attack cry, Myotismon blinked as Tai
began to call forth two glistening swords. Gold hilts and blades of the clearest diamond formed on his back and with a two-handed toss sent the two projectiles towards him.

"Grisly Wing!"

Again the bats flew out, but as against Joe's Cross they were no match for
the new powers of the DigiDestined. Wiping out his attack, the swords reached Myotismon who was able to dodge one weapon (and the rather large hole it made in the castle wall) but not the other as it grazed deeply into his side, causing him to stagger and clutch the wound. Gasping for breath he reached a small console and smiled darkly.

"I shall not let you win children. I'll destroy you and then I will rule forever. That is MY destiny...." and with a fist started to activate the castle self-destruct mechanism. He had to stop these accursed children before they discovered the truth he had seen in that boy's eyes.

"Mind of Knowledge!

Suddenly, Myotismon's fist stopped falling as one by one the DigiDestined
and their Digimon friends looked at Izzy.

Saying the words that had so abruptly exploded in his head, Izzy gestured
with one finger towards the Dark Lord as he could feel himself actually
stopping the neural impulses that created the patterns of thought in
Myotimon's head. But something more horrific pulled him from the fascinating
thoughts this ability had to more immediate concerns.

"Quick! Someone get him away from that console. It's a self-destruct switch! I'm sure of it!" Izzy warned even as he could feel himself already starting to tire from the mental drain his new power was causing.

By either fate or luck it was T.K. who was closest to the Dark Digimon and
as he rushed forward to shove Myotismon away, the words for his new ability sounded in his head. Moments later, those words played over his lips as he summoned his power for the first time.

"Halo of Hope!"

Watching, the other DigiDestined saw this bright aura form around T.K. as
with a resounding thud, the young man slammed a fist into Myotismon sending him reeling from the blow.

Over and over, T.K.'s punches-augmented by his power- landed against
Myotismon's stomach, forcing him back away from the deadly switch and closer
to the hole made by Tai's attack not a minute ago.

"T.K. watch out!" screamed Kari as Gatomon's Lighting Paw dispatched the
last of the Vilemon.

Unable to stop himself in mid-swing, T.K.'s final punch shoved the Dark
Digimon fully through the hole in the wall and his momentum carried him
along as he watched Myotismon plummet three stories to the barren desert floor below.

Awaiting the same fate, T.K. felt his power fade as the open air loomed
before him. Suddenly a cry of 'Poison Ivy!" and a quick jerk around his gut
found the young man short of breath and starting at the ceiling of the
castle instead of an up close and personal view of the ground below.

"Did..did.we..." he began as Kari slowly helped him up.

"I..think..so..." mummered Izzy as he tried to ignore the pounding in his
head.

"Is he..." asked Sora to Tai as he held her close; still needing his
support for the moment but unable to look out the hole at the sight below.

Nodding, Tai glanced down at the sight and turned to the woman he loved in his arms. "Yea Sora. He's not going to bother us again..."

"Good..so can we get our Digivices and get out of here??" squeaked Mimi who
had latched onto Joe the moment the fighting stopped and was still holding the young man, though for her ease of mind or his it wasn't easy to tell.

"Over here guys!" yelled Agumon who had just finished burning a hole in the metal safe that Myotismon had put their captured Digivices.

"That's great Agumon!" praised Kari, who gave the dinosaur Digimon a hug.
With a sad glance at T.K. she saw the young man standing at the hole he nearly fell out of looking down at the form of Myotismon.

Tentamon had just finished pulling the last Digivice from the safe when a
gasp from Biyomon caused the insect Digimon to look back over his shoulder
and blink in wonder.

Floating above their heads was the other Digivices, which the eighth quickly
joined. Just out of reach, the devices floated around each of their
respective holders. Glowing in unison, the Digivices swirled around almost in
a dance of their own above their heads and suddenly flew towards the
Digimon. With a flash of light, each Digivice had affixed itself by either
rope, sash or band to the Digimon that the they had been made to interact with!

"What are they doing Tai?"


"I wish I knew Sora..they've never done that before. Heya T.K...come look
at this..."

There was no reply.

Matt realized this first and jerked his head over to find an ashen T.K.
backing up from the hole, his fists clenched. But judging from the pale look
on the young man's face it wasn't good. "T.K....what is it.."

"Matt..?"

"Yea little bro.?"

"Remember a long time ago you said I should only cuss when I was really mad
or their wasn't any other good words to use?"

Matt blinked, along with the others at the strangeness of the question. Slowly he nodded. "Uhm..yea. Why..?"

Looking over, T.K. gulped and shook his head. "We're fucked..."

As a collective group, both humans and Digimon rushed over and looked out
the window and saw exactly why T.K. chose that moment to engage in such colorful language.

Myotismon was standing up. And laughing.

"You are fools DigiDestined! And I shall grant you a fools fate with the
utmost pleasure!"

Grabbing Tai's telescope, Joe expanded the tube and paled a little.

"What is it Joe..what do you see...?"

"Oh no..Kari. It's bad.."

"Let me see.." asked Izzy as he grabbed the 'scope and looked.

"This is bad. This is very bad..."

"What..what is it Izzy?"

"Myotismon has a piece of Devimons' cloak in one hand along with a piece of
Etamon's Dark Network Sora. The other hand has a black gear!"

"But..what's he going to do with them?"

Myotismon answered as he brought his final trump card into play. Crushing
the objects into their basic code, the Dark Lord absorbed their evil and laughed..and laughed..and laughed.

"Myotismon...digivolve to....VENOM MYOTISMON!!!"

Gasping collectively, the group watched in horror as the Digimon once again
assumed the form that had plagued their nightmares for so many years. The
mixed-match horror that had nearly destroyed their city and their families
grew to horrendous proportions.

"Get back everyone!" shouted Tai as he and the others, along with their
Digimon, ran for the stairs but the sounds of the roof being torn off the
castle made it all too clear there was no place to run as the debris blocked the only door to the stairway.

"At last!" shouted the monster as he reached from the DigiDestined.

"Stop him guys!"

Nodding in agreement with Agumon, the Digimon launched their attacks only to watch then bounce off VenomMyotismon's skin with no effect.

"Pathetic! You are finished!"
"NOOOOO!" shouted Patamon as he and the other Digimon rushed forward to protect their friends, even if it cost them their lives.

Clutching their loved ones close, each DigiDestined watched as the hand drew closer and closer. Izzy and Matt, being the only unattached DigiDestined, simply shared a look that held the utmost respect for the other.

In a precious second, it would all be over.

A lot can happen in a second.

Unseen by the eyes of the Digimon, the Digivices that had affixed
themselves to them began to glow and vibrate. The bars of power began to rise and looked as if to explode off the screen itself as the vibrations grew in need until that fateful moment when Myotismon's hidden fear became stark reality.

A surge of enlightenment washed over each DigiDestined and now they knew, beyond a shadow of doubt, that this was their time to fight for their friends and loved ones; their final destiny to embrace.

They remembered who they were when they were first chosen

They know full well who they are. Protectors of the Digital World.

Now..it was time to embrace who they were always meant to be.

In a burst of light, each called out the words that erupted from within their soul...

"Tai Kamiya................Digivolve to...........KNIGHTMON!!"
"Matt Ishida.............Digivolve to.................LUPISMON!!"
"Sora Takenouchi....Digivolve to...............VENUSMON!!"
"Mimi Tachikawa......Digivolve to................ELITAMON!!"
"Joe Kido....................Digivolve to.............MEDAMON!!"
"Izzy Izumi...............Digivolve to................PENTAMON!!"
"T.K. Takaishi............Digivolve to.................ANGEMON!!"
"Kari Kamiya..............Digivolve to..........ANGEWOMON!!"

Shielding his eyes from the torrential glow before him, VenomMyotismon was unable to see what had happened until the light faded and the sight before him confirmed his worse fears. Snarling in defiance of the beings before him, VenomMyotismon glared at the new forms of the DigiDestined.

"That's right, you son of a bitch!" laughed Knightmon, in a voice a strange mixture of Tai's and..someone else. As his golden armor dispelled the gloom of the castle, a crystal sword was drawn and he fixed the Dark Lord with a confident gaze.

"It's our turn at last!"

( To be continued...)

Authors Notes!
1) I don't own Digimon. Wish I did, but I don't. So don't sue.
2) There are several Digimon especially created for this work. Sketches for these Digimon are available at the following links: (ps-when I did this story I did not know there was a Knightmon card & I thought it was original--silly me! So apologizes all around but I'm keeping the name!)

http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/transformers/images/knight_lup is.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/transformers/images/venus_elita.jpg
http://www.angelfire.com/tx4/transformers/images/medi_rama.jpg

NOTE: These sketches are not mine! I can't draw a straight line with a ruler! These were done by Chris McFeely who is one of the most dedicated Digimon fans I know! Check out his page at

http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/digipedia/ .

Thanks Chris!!

3) Thanks for reading! Please let me know what you think!
Fortress