Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hearts of the Star ❯ Cherrubymon's Treachery 5 ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hearts of the Star 5 BLUSH!
"That was delicious!" J.P announces as he rubs his stomach.
"Yeah, much better than the rabbit food we've been eating," Tommy agrees.
"I have to agree," Zoe smiles.
I smile back. "It's the least I can do for you helping me to find my friend."
"Speaking of which, we should head out," Koji suggests.
"Hey, since when are you the leader of this group?" Takuya asks.
"Oh, stop bickering, Takuya, we promised that we'd help Sakiko find her friend and it's gonna be kind of hard to do that if we don't get out and start looking," Zoe comments.
"Wanna bet? My idea is that we do stay here. I mean, if her friend was given a spirit by Cherrubymon then he's sure to come find us, so I figure we should get use to these surroundings that way when the battle does arrive, we have the advantage. Kind of like home court," Takuya brags.
"Battle?" I ask, slightly worried.
"Well, yeah, you see, Churrubymon's thugs are the bad guys and we're the good guys. Every time we come in contact with each other we duke it out. The traditional battle of good vs. evil. When your friend comes along we'll beat him and digitize his Digimon form leaving him in his human form and hopefully pure hearted," Takuya blabs.
"You're not going to hurt him, are you?" I ask.
"Well, yeah, I guess it does hurt a little, but once we've purified him he'll be fine," Takuya shrugs.
I gasp as my eyes widen.
"What are you so worried about? Don't you want your friend back?" he asks.
I nod.
"Then we have to purify the evil from him; compared to that, a few bumps and bruises are nothing, don't you think?"
"Kouichi is not evil!" I shout suddenly. "You don't know him like I do, he could never be evil. He doesn't have a single mean cell in his body."
"Sounds like you have a crush on this Kouichi fella," Takuya teases.
My cheeks go hot. "I do not!" I argue.
"Look at her blush, JP, she's so cute," Takuya teases.
My cheeks burn worse. "I am not blushing!"
"Yes you are," Tommy comments, obviously not realizing the situation.
"Your face is red," Koji snickers.
My hands cover my face. "So what if it is? That doesn't mean that I'm blushing. I could just be really warm."
"You're blushing," Takuya and JP tease and nod their heads, Takuya's arms folded over his chest and JP's on his hips.
"You guys shouldn't tease a girl when she's in love, it's not very nice," Zoe comments.
I can tell my entire face turns bright red at the sound of Zoe saying the work 'love.'
"You do love him, don't you?" Zoe asks with a cheery smile.
I look at the ground with a small smile on my face, forfeiting the truth to this group of persistent older kids along with Tommy.
"Yes," I respond, "I do, I have ever since we first met, but . . ."