Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden confessions ❯ Please stay ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please stay

Daisuke's POV

I followed Osamu into the waiting room. I noticed that the Ichijouji's where talking to a person in a white coat, probably a doctor. My heart stood still for a moment as he saw Ken's mom crying.

Allot of horrible things crossed my mind at that moment. What if he told them that Ken would never be the same anymore because of some kind of brain damage? Our even worse. What if the doctor told Ken's parents Ken had died? What if……….

"Daisuke?"

I pushed my thoughts aside and looked at Osamu. "Yeah?"

"Are you ok?"

I shook my head. "to be honest……….I can't say that I am. The fact that we have no idea how Ken is doing makes me nervous"

Osamu nodded. "I know Daisuke. I feel the same, but we have to keep the hope up until we know more, not only for our sake but also for Ken"

I desperately tried to fight back the tears. He'd never thought that Ken had the strength to do this. Not that Ken was weak our something, but committing suicide was not something he ever expected from the indigo haired boy.

"Daisuke?"

Tears now rolled down Daisuke's cheek and it took Osamu several seconds to react. He took Daisuke into a embrace.

"It'll be ok Daisuke. I'm sure Ken will be ok. He won't give up that easily, I know he won't"

"But what if he dies………….then I will lose the one…………I love so much" Daisuke sobbed.

"Daisuke please have faith in Ken. Please have faith"

Daisuke knew Osamu was right, but on this moment, no one could convince him to have faith.

Osamu noticed the strange look in Daisuke's face, and knew that he wasn't believing him.

"Ken will be ok Daisuke" Osamu said as he shook Daisuke carefully.

Daisuke shook his head firmly . "He's dead"

Osamu had enough of Daisuke's behavior. "If you don't believe me, why don't we go and ask my parents, they'll know"

Daisuke nodded slightly as Osamu dragged him towards his parents

"Mom, dad, Ken is going to be ok, right?"

His mother looked at her oldest son and took him into a embrace and started to sob even louder.

"He's going to be ok, tell me he is" Osamu begged desperately .

Suddenly Osamu felt his father's hand on his shoulder. "Ken lost a lot of blood Osamu, and……."

"What are you saying…..?" Tears where now flowing down his face too.

"The doctor said he…………….he will not make it thought the night"

I felt like I was nailed to the ground. The doctor said he will not make it thought the night. That same sentence kept repeating itself in my head over and over again.

"No………………….No he will make it, He won't die. I know he won't!!! " I suddenly shouted.

Ken's parents looked at me in shock. My sudden outburst was probably heard by a lot of people. But I couldn't care less.

"I want to see him" I said firmly.

"We can't see him yet Daisuke, the doctor said we have to wait a little longer" Ken's mom said.

"I don't care" I shouted again as he ran out of the room, now searching for Ken.

I ran through the hallways searching for him. It took me several minutes but then I saw him. There he was, my love. My sweet little Ken. I slowly walked into the room dark room.

Ken was breathing softly, like he was asleep. Only asleep.

Several wires where attached to his arm.

As I walked closer I noticed how pale he actually was.

"Ken?" I asked with a hoarse voice.

As I received no answer, I sat down on the bed and grabbed Ken's hand.

"Please Ken……..please wake up"

"He's can't hear you" A unfamiliar voice told me

I looked around and saw a man with indigo hair approach me.

"He's dying isn't he?" I asked him

" I don't think so" the voice said softly

A spark of hope flickered inside of me. " So there is still hope?"

The man nodded. "I'm convinced he is strong enough"

"But his parents said that he wouldn't make it though the night"

The man shook his head. "he'll make it"

Now I was confused. Why did Ken's parents say he was going to die? Why?

"When is he waking up?"

The man smiled.

"What do you think of…….now"

I turned around to see Ken open his eyes. His sleepy violet blue eyes gazed at me.

"He's probably very sleepy and dizzy because of all the medications, so don't blame him if he responds a little slow"

I smiled and nodded. "Thanks"

I quickly turned my attention back to Ken.

"Ken can you hear me? Are you ok?"

"Suke?"

I nodded. "Yeah it's me"

"I love you suke" He said with a sleepy, weak voice.

"I love you too, my Ken" I said as I squeezed Ken's hand gently.

"I'm tired suke?" He told me.

Tears where falling down my cheeks. "Then sleep" I told him.

"Just sleep"

"Will you still be here when I wake up?"

I nodded and kissed him on his forehead. "I'll always be there when you wake up" I told him.

He smiled weakly. "I love you" he said as he fell asleep.

"I love you too, forever" I cried as I heard the loud beep of the hart monitor.

Note: NO THIS IS NOT THE END, DEFINITELY NOT, YOU HEAR ME! I WILL PUT UP THE NEXT CHAPTER VERY SOON!