Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ hollow ❯ the shape of shrooms ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
_____The Shapes of Shrooms__________________

"Aw, why the pouty expression, doll face? Not that I'm complaining, it gives you a kind ofcold-hearted bitch look. It's sexy."

Ruki glared at him. half dazed. Her head was feeling a little groggy.

"You've been avoiding me." Ryo said, giving a "pouty" expression of his own." Did I do something wrong?"

It was true, Ruki had been avoiding him since she had signed on to the "team". She had found a hangout in the gym-esque building the boys called home and she made it a point to go there instead of directly home , skewing her normal routine. Not that Ryo had been there much *to* avoid. It wasn't exactly...hard to do.

"I haffnot." Ruki replied, her speech slurred, returning her gaze to the TV.

"Ryo, would you do something about this girl? She's been mooching off our precious resources. Namely my soda." Came a voice in the distance.

"Oh, hey Jen. You've met Ruki right?" Ryo asked, leaning back to shout. "That's the resident vampire, Jenrya." Ryo whispered to Ruki.

"Nah, this is the first I've seen daylight in a week." Jen called back.

"See what I mean?" Ryo gave his cheesy grin. Ruki graced him with a crooked smile, her eyes twinkling, her expression half dazed.

'She's so cute.' Ryo thought, gazing at her.

"Aw dammit, my pie, who the hell stole my pie?"

Ruki kicked an empty pie dish under the sofa, her eyes not leaving the TV. Ryo let out a soft chuckle that made Ruki turn to face him. Their eyes met and she turned away giggling.

"What? Does my laughing amuse you? Hmmm?" asked Ryo.

"Yusss, it sounds kindof....funny."

"That's not very nice."

"whut didjathink I'd say?Im da iceqween..."

"I don't think it was soda that the ice queen drank."

"Huh? Whut? Whuy?"

"Because I do believe she's flirting with me." He said, leaning close. Close enough to feel her breath, and to see her wide eyed ezpression of surprise. He grinned, he could smell the alcohol. Then turned to call out to Jenrya, "Hey, watch what you put in those drinks, we still have a minor on our hands. We're lucky she didn't get into it."

"So it was you, Ryo. You bastard. You went through the whole damn bottle, why aren't you passed out yet? I thought that was premium grade vodka. I bet you stole my pie too. Mother fucker." Jen yelled back absentmindedly, talking to himself.

Ryo turned back to Ruki to see her eyes wide again.

"Ruki, I think it's best if you stay here. I doubt Jen really put anything too strong intot he drinks, you'd be passed in a pool of vomit, but I don't want you to risk anything by going back at home. Do you want to call your mom and say your at a friends'...?"

Ruki looked down in disbelief.

"Hey, Ruki, it's not that big of a deal. Haven't you drank before? This can't have been your first time-"

Ruki cut him off, rushing to the bathroom. At the sound of hurling, Ryo winced.

"Riiight, I'll get on that. Jen, where's your sister?"

"Back at my place, probably."

"Call her up and see if she won't do us a favor."

"Us?"

"Oh fine then. Me. That'll probably get us a better response anyway."

"Since you're so smug, why don't you do it?"

"Shit man, it's your sister."

"It's your pet that's puking," at the word "puking" a loud a "eeerch" fromt he bathroom, causing both boys to wince, "over our toilet." said Jenrya, a bottle of soda in one hand and a plate full of food on the other.

"Aw, man, I have to do everything around here, huh?"

"Ah-yup. I'll have no hand in your dirty little fantasies."

"Fine whatever. I hope you choke." said Ryo, dialing the number. "Hey, where is Takato? I can't keep tabs on any of you."

"He's probably out on a date with his girlfriend." Jen said, going up the stairs.

"Hey, you know what, that's even better. Juri's more believable than a 13 year old." Ryo said, taking care of business.
---

Ruki came out of the bathroom half dazed, a bit numb and very tired.

"Hey, Ruki, I have to leave now to take care of some business, you can stay here. I've got it all set up. Your mom thinks you're at a girl named Juri's house. There's an empty room upstairs, first one on your left."

Ruki rubbed her groggy head. Sleep sounded really good right then.

She felt a soft kiss on her temple and heard a soft voice whisper, "Goodnight". She saw Ryo's blurred form leave before she moved towards the steps.

Somehow or another, she made her way to the bedroom and plopped onto the bed, where she promptly fell asleep.

_____a/n_______________

ohshit, long time, no update, eh? >_@
(pssst, reviews make me feel more inclined to write. Just in case anyone cares. >_>;;; )