Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ How to Write a Digimon Yaoi fic ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Not mine. Toei's, mostly.

A/N: I'm not targetting any fics in specific, but if your fic matches this point for point, you may want to reconsider.

1) Throw all male characters into a sack. Pull out any two.

2) Character A engages in a monologue about how much he loves Character B, but will never have him, as B is straight/taken/a monk. This should last at least a chapter.

3) B notices that A is angsting. He confronts him, ignoring all prior characterization and the male tendency to Not Speak Of Feelings. A then glomps B, who of course flees.

4) A, now a hopeless puddle of angst, slits his wrists. This is very important, it must be wrist slitting. Never by aspirin overdose or by gun or jumping off a very tall object, or any of a thousand other means of suicide. Because slitting one's wrists is apparently the prefered suicide method of gay boys everywhere.

5) A is discovered and taken to a hospital. The rest of the Digidestined, having no life or prior engagements, berate him for his stupidity. They vanish into a conveniant plot hole as B makes his appearance. A engages in near lethal amounts of angst, until B jumps A.

5a) If you forget that A is several pints short of blood, A and B will now engage in wild monkey sex. Possibly with the rest of the Digidestined watching, as we never sorted out that last plot hole.

6) A's parents find out and attempt to keep him apart from B.

7) Remember that there are actual, you know, *Digimon* in Digimon, and have a half-assed chapter featuring the partners of A and B. The partners knew they loved each other all along. For the especially twisted, they may be in a relationship as well.

8) A defies all logic by inviting B over the instant his parents are gone. Wild monkey sex ensues.

9) A's parents return to catch the tail end (uh, bad word choice) of the sex. They condemn the boys, possibly because they are jealous, as they have a rather dismal, unsatisfying love life.

10) B protects A and spouts a moving speech about how much he loves him and all the uncanonically abusive parents in the world won't change it. The parents are so moved/have never heard such drivel and have a change of heart.

11) A and B live in domestic bliss, having wild monkey sex more often than is humanly possible.

12) Post fic on fanfiction.net. Receive twenty thousand reviews telling you what a literay genius you are, and a few dozen flames.

13) Begin planning equally long winded sequel.