Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Infernomon ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Infernomon's story

A digimon's life is neither simple nor easy. I, being a mega, didn't have to worry about enemies though didn't mean I was invincible. I had been hired by the four sovereigns to keep an eye on the digital world while the Digidestined were away or if they were in it didn't matter to me.

"The desert," I mumbled kicking some sand with my clawed foot. I am an odd Digimon or so I'm told. I'm the mega version of Flamedramon, which is decidedly rare. I look like Flamedramon but a bit more muscular with a burning flame like cape tied at my neck and flowing like an inferno down to my back. I have four claws instead of three like Flamedramon has and my skin is red with blue and yellow armor. The blade on my forehead is curved back more to almost be level with my armored helmet. My attacks are devastating. Inferno crusher and Flame waves they are called but my speed and agility are my top moves. The wind kicked up around me as I walked through the desert heading for the next town where I am to check in with one of the sovereigns.

"Stupid wind," I mutter as I pull down the face protector to block out the sand and grit. I step to the top of a dune to see the town down below.

"About time," I growl walking to the town. I step into the street and walk down to a resting area. I open the door and step in. The Digimon look at me and then turn away. I walk up to the owner and hit the table.

"I need a phone and a room," I told him as he went off to get a phone. He set the phone down on the desk and started to sign out a room. I dialed a number to bring up the picture of `The rooster' as I have heard him called.

"I'm at the town and I'm checking in. I'll tell you when I have completed the task you want me to do," I said clicking off the screen before he could reply. I never like talking to them.

"Here you go mister," the Digimon behind the counter said handing me a key.

"Thanks," I said grasping the key and walking up the stairs in the back. I felt everyone's eyes on me as I went to the top but I was used to it.

`There aren't many Digimon that look like me and have connections to the sovereigns,' I always told myself. I unlocked the door and closed it locking it from the inside. I put the key on a table and fell asleep on the bed. I woke up later to see sunshine peeking in the window. I picked up the key and walked out of the room locking it. I walked down and grabbed some breakfast. I paid for the room and food giving the Digimon the key back then walked out the door.

`Destroy the disturbance in the area only if it is hostile. Yep just a normal pacifist thing for a warrior Digimon,' I thought walking down the street. I stopped as I felt eyes on me.

"Here comes trouble," I said turning around to see several champion Digimon standing behind me with attacks ready.

"Hand over any money you have champion," the leader a Monochromon told me.

"I'm sorry but I am not a champion. I'm a mega and I can beat you all down if you try to attack me," I replied turning around and walking further on.

"Kill him!" the Digimon cried out. I jumped into the air as a few attacks flew by me. I landed punching a Digimon in the face with my claws vaporizing it. I jumped back and knocked away attacks like they were nothing.

"He…he is a mega!" the Monochromon cried out as I activated my flame shield.

"Inferno Crusher!" I yelled out sending a large ball of pure fire at the Digimon watching as its data was pulled into my body.

"I warned them," I said turning and walking away. I reached the end of the town and started running over the sand. I looked behind me as I ran to see a large wave of sand rising up behind me from my speed. I ran and jumped off a rock that was in front of me to launch myself into the air. I flipped and landed still running. I stopped as I came to some temple ruins.

"Found it," I said smiling a cocky smile. I jumped and surfed down the sandy hill to get to the ruins. I slide to a stop at the entrance and I looked around to see if any evil Digimon were around. I walked up to the door and shoved it open. I walked in and gagged from the dust around the room. I put down the face guard to give myself some fresh air and looked around the room.

"Let me see," I said walking up to the center of the room. I made it to the middle and then froze. Chink…chink…chunk.

`Uh oh,' I thought jumping backwards as arrows flew right where I was before. I knocked them away till they stopped firing. I looked around and saw a doorway. I walked through it and saw a bright light.

"What the?" I asked before the light exploded and something flew into me. I caught it and slid across the ground. I sat up with something quivering in my hands.

"Don't make me go back…I don't want to go back," the child said quivering more.

"Go back where?" I asked standing.

"My home is a nightmare. Mommy doesn't care and daddy hits me," the little child said. It still had its arms wrapped around me.

`Let me guess why I was here at the right moment,' I thought sighing.

"Frankly I don't know how to get you home. But I guess you don't really care," I said lifting the child up and using my cape like a backpack I set the child in and let him…no her rest in the cape. I walked out of the temple and started walking back to the town. I arrived and walked back into the inn.

"Phone," I demanded.

"Yes sir," the Digimon said setting it on the table.

"Enzulongmon! I have no idea what you are pulling but I have a bone to pick with you," I yelled into the phone. I saw the blue Digimon staring back at me.

"You are a chosen Digimon. I can't change that," he replied.

"I was chosen because you sent me there!" I yelled at him.

"I didn't know a digital field was there," he replied evenly.

"What do you mean you didn't know? Like hell you didn't know!" I yelled glaring at him.

"Just return to your home and wait for some friends to come," he replied turning off the phone. I roared and punched the wall.

"Don't be angry," the girl said from my shoulder holding on to me.

"I'm fine now," I said turning to the room. Many Digimon looked at me.

"Any of you have a problem?" I asked extending my claws. They all quickly turned around. I left the building and heard a cough behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see the little girl rubbing her eyes and covering her eyes.

"It's sandy," she said as wind blew more sand into her. I moved my cape around and shielded her from the sand.

`Just till I get home,' I thought running at full speed. I felt little hands grip me hard. I slowed down and jogged across the sand. I stopped at an oasis and set her down. She stretched and washed her face. She looked tenish. Young, harmless and vulnerable.

"Just my luck," I said drinking some water. I heard a splash and looked around the water.

"Where did she go?" I asked looking around. Her head popped up in front of me and I fell backwards.

"Did I scare you?" she asked standing up.

`Correction. She's thirteen,' I thought looking at her. She squeezed her hair out and her shirt as well.

"I can fix that," I sad touching her clothes. The steamed and dried.

"Thank you…um what's your name?" she asked me smiling.

"Infernomon," I replied.

"I'm Kitty," she replied hugging me.

`Named after a harmless creature. Yep my luck is holding out,' I thought bitterly. I stayed put till I heard deep silent breaths. I looked down to see that she had fallen asleep. I lifted her up and created a small shield around her face. I set her in my make shift backpack and put the pedal to the medal. I blew through the desert running till I got to the forest. I made a small bed out of ferns and leaves I gathered. I set her down and started a small fire with some wood and a little fire breath. I sat and looked at the stars. Just up there twinkling with out a care in the world.

"Brrr," I heard behind me. I saw the girl shivering but still sleeping. I got up and sat down next to her. She sighed and continued to sleep peacefully. I looked back at the starry sky and started to hum. I just hummed a little melody that I had picked up along my travels. I couldn't remember where at the time but it didn't matter. The girl rolled and smiled in her sleep.

"Maybe this won't be so bad," I said quietly. I laid down and rested next to her. I fell asleep not worried about protecting her. I woke up to the sound of the fire crackling. I shot up and armed fireballs. I looked around to see that Kitty was up and sitting on a log by the fire. She looked extremely surprised at this and fell down off the back off the log gaping at me. I powered down the fireballs and walked over. I helped her up and sat down.

"Umm is there food anywhere?" she asked. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath threw my nose. I looked up at a tree and jump kicked it. I landed and tossed fruits that I caught. I walked over to hear happy slurping sounds. I saw Kitty eating the fruit with a happy face. I sat down and ate some herbs that I found. Surprisingly enough I eat more veggies then I do meat. I listened carefully and walked to a river. Kitty followed me trying to stay close. I looked at the water and saw fish jumping. Another thing that is surprising. Water has no effect on me. Go figure.

"Like fish?" I asked sliding down the bank.

"Sushi is great!" she called out sliding down beside me. I jumped and landed on a rock. I swiped my hand into the water and knocked one up. I ate it and swallowed it in one bite. I looked over to see Kitty still on the back fastening some vine to a stick. She then leapt rocks till she got near the fish. She tied some fruit on it and put it in the water. The twig jiggled and she pulled the vine out of the water.

"What do you know," I whispered looked at a large fish dangling from the end. She squeezed the side of the fish and it let go. She looked around. She jumped to the river edge and motioned me over. I cleared the river from my rock and landed.

"Could you hold this and not eat it?" she asked handing me the fish.

"I'm not a hungry monster out for blood," I replied holding the fish. She ran around gathering leaves. She sat down and started to weave them together. She finished and held up a basket. I shook my head in amazement.

`Humans have the brains to keep them going. Not the muscle. That is why us Digimon are here. We can help them with the muscle,' I remembered from Enzulongmon. I handed her the fish and she put it in the basket. She grabbed the stick and vine again and jumped back out. She caught seven more fish before she stopped. I sat down and just watched. I smiled a little as she hopped back. She walked back to camp and I walked after her. She stopped and took some breaths. I grabbed the basket from her grasp and carried it the rest of the way. I set it down I picked one up and speared it on my claws. I roasted it and handed it to her.

"Can you take the skin off?" she asked. I frowned and held out my claws. I sheared the skin off the front then switched hands and seared the other side.

"Anything else?" I asked a bit impatient.

"Nope it's good," she said grabbing it and eating it. I did it to two more and she then burped and excused herself. I sat back and closed my eyes. A crashing sound went through the forest. Kitty jumped up and looked around. She grabbed a stick and looked around.

"A stick couldn't stop much in this forest Kitty," I told her.

"Then how do we defend ourselves?" she asked looking at me.

"You stay behind me and I'll take care of it," I told her standing up.

"Well now what?" she asked still holding the stick. I thought a moment.

`Go to your house. Well what ever,' I thought.

"Get in the pack. I'll take you to where my house is," I said kneeling down.

"Can't I walk?" she asked.

"Not fast enough," I replied tartly.

"But my legs fall asleep in that cramped thing. Can't you do something else?" she asked a little frightened. I stood and picked her up. I held her and took off running. I ran to the edge of the forest. A waterfall cut a crevice in front of me. I ran and jumped. Kitty cried out and held on to me. I landed on the other side and kept going over a field. She looked up and me and I grinned.

"No simple hole can stop me," I told her winking. She smiled and looked into the wind. I ran till I got to a tree. I jumped up it and went from branch to branch. I set Kitty down and held a finger to my lips. I looked out the tree to see a monochromon walking around. It looked in a bad mood.

"A triceratops?" Kitty whispered.

"A Monochromon. I can take it no problem," I said jumping down.

"You! What to you want?" the monochromon asked.

"Just leave me alone. I won't hurt you if you do," I said. It snorted and walked around. I looked up to see Kitty trying to climb down. I watched carefully. I heard a snap and looked up. Her grip slipped and she cried out. I caught her and sighed.

"Maybe you should wait for me to get you," I said.

"I am a grown women. I can take care of myself," she replied angrily.

"Like you did when you first came out?" I asked. She glared and looked away.

"Just leave me alone," she said starting to cry.

"Stop the water works. I can't take you back and I was ordered to take you to my home and wait," I told her looking around.

"You'll run faster if I hold on to your back," Kitty said trying to get out of my grip. I set her down and she walked behind me and jumped on my back. I grunted and leaned forward. She wrapped her arms and legs around me and put her head on my shoulder.

"Okay I'm set," she said. I started to jog to make sure she could hold on. She was fine. I then poured on the speed and ran over the field. I felt Kitty look behind her and giggle.

"I have never been moving so fast," she said laughing.

"Call it a normal jog for me," I said back.

"Can you go faster?" she asked eagerly.

"Much," I replied.

"Well do it. It's not like we have all day," Kitty said sounding impatient. I looked over but her smiled made me sigh.

"If you fall off I may not catch you in time," I told her speeding up. I went at a dead run over the last of the field. I saw Kitty's eyes water but she kept them open looking forward. I jumped into the air avoiding a rock. She looked behind her and the shockwave from me running destroyed the rock.

"COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!" Kitty cried out looking around. I smiled and started to run faster. Kitty cried out for the enjoyment and closed her eyes just to fell the wind. I came up to a tree in a clearing of the forest we had just got in. I put of the brakes. Kitty gripped me harder and cried out. I felt her body press against me as I slid. I stopped at the edge of the clearing. I sat down heavily panting.

"Why did we stop? You tired?" she asked.

"Yes I am but (pant) that's not the real reason. We are at my house," I said to her panting like a thirsty dogmon. She got off me and looked around.

"I don't see a house," she stated.

"Well I see the house just fine," I said walking to the tree still panting a little. I opened the door and turned back to her. I waved her over. She looked skeptical but followed me in.

"I thought you would live in a volcano," she said sitting down. I looked around the room.

"Who says we aren't?" I said opening a door. Heat filled the house in seconds. I closed the door.

"What's that?" she asked looking at the door.

"Hot springs," I replied opening a cupboard. I pulled out some herbs and snacked on one.

"Hot springs!" she cried out. I turned to her and saw her running down the stairs to the hot springs. I saw some clothing that she had been wearing on the ground. I sweat dropped and gathered her clothes and I brought them down the stairs and stopped dropping the clothes.

"Infernomon! Who are they?" Kitty asked wearing…a smile and not much more, I guess, but what drew my attention was the three Digimon also sitting in the hot springs.

"Uh…uh," I stammered.

"Hello," one said standing.

"We're back," another said waving.

"And we are here to stay," said the third.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" I cried out running back up the stairs. I blew through the door and out of the tree. I stopped and started taking deep breaths.

`No couldn't be them…no it couldn't. Could it?' I asked myself. I turned around and sat looking at the house. My breath came out ragged and then three female Digimon stepped out in towels.

"Gee honey why so scared?" one asked grinning wildly. I almost passed out falling to the ground. My brain still hadn't gotten over the shock. But it sure started up.

"Honey? What are you talking about?" I asked standing up.

"Well you," An Angiewomon said walking up "did save me from that trouble. But you had said it was orders. I talked to your boss and he gave me the orders you had been given. They didn't include rescuing me. You are so sweet." I gaped at her. I started backing up quickly.

"No seriously those were orders," I stammered backing up. If my helmet hadn't been on I would have been as red as it is.

"Oh come on," a tigeressmon said appearing behind me.

"Huh?" I asked turning around. Then the third, Sakuyamon, dropped in grabbing me around the waist. I scrambled away.

"You got it all wrong. I'm a warrior who fights for the side of good and does it with out mercy. I don't make favors and I certainly don't want any of you near me," I said firmly. They just stared and smiled at me.

"You are just playing hard to get Infernomon!" Kitty called out. I whipped around and glared at her.

"It's the truth!" I cried out. Kitty stood in a towel at the doorway.

`Tell her to get her clothes on so she won't catch a cold. But that will void everything you just said,' I thought.

"Stupid conscious," I muttered, "Kitty get some clothes on so you won't get sick or anything," I told her. I heard some giggles behind me. I whipped around.

"See you're kind and caring," Sakuyamon said grinning.

"She's my tamer! I am required to worry about her," I said firmly not even believing it myself.

"Sure," Tigeressmon said. I took out my claws and went into a fighting stance.

"I'm telling you to leave me alone," I said fiercely. They laughed out loud and started walking towards me. I tried to think of a way out, anything, any little detail. I grinned.

"I didn't want to do this," I said running forward with my claws outstretched. I blew past them and then started walking towards the house.

"You didn't hit us," Angiewomon said.

"Didn't need to," I said turning and grinned evilly.

"What did you do?" Tigeressmon asked cautiously.

"I only noticed that all of you are only wearing towels," I said walking in and dragging Kitty to her clothes. The female digimon looked at them selves when I turned around. Then a loud ripping sound went off and I grinned triumphantly.

`A little snip here and a little snip there,' I thought clicking my claws. I turned around and saw three blurs run downstairs so fast that I didn't know what happened till the door slammed. I stared at the door then whistled walking up to my room. I opened the door and stretched out on my bed.

"Merciless warrior digimon. That's me," I said softly before falling asleep.

The next day I woke up to the sounds of cooking going on. I stood up and stretched. I opened the door without burning it and walked down the stairs. I sat at the table and sniffed. I see Kitty cooking something. I relax thinking the other digimon had left after my trick. I grinned at it and started to whistle a little and put my chair on the back two legs.

"Angiewomon what do I do after the soup comes to a rolling boil?" Kitty called out. I fell backwards and out of my seat in mid whistle. My chair slammed into the ground and I rolled out of it hitting the wall. Three heads look out from a door. I look up at them with a confused look.

"Kitty you just turn off the oven and stir slowly for a minute. Then spoon it out and serve," Angiewomon said walking over in an apron. I looked up gaping at the apron. I roll away and unsheathed my claws.

"I thought I told you three to leave," I growled.

"And you thought we would listen?" Tigeressmon asked smiling over at me.

"I'll burn you out of here!" I growled holding up twin fireballs.

"Infernomon! We don't fire fight in the house!" Sakuyamon shouted at me. I fell down again, extinguishing the flame.

"Time to eat," Kitty said putting a bowl of herb and fish soup in front of five chairs. I grumbled getting up. I sat down and moved as close to Kitty as possible and away from the other digimon. I ate my soup and got refills three times. I then got up and promptly started shoving the three digimon out of the house.

"Out!" I roared shoving them out. I closed the door and turned around. There stood the three digimon fixing Kitty's hair. I sweat dropped and stamped my foot. I growled and opened the door to the hot springs. I walked down the stairs and jumped in the water. I didn't take off my armor because I never did. A water ripple went out from where I was sitting and bounced back. I just relaxed as the water hit me.

`I hope Enzulongmon can give me a reason not to fry him next time I see him,' I thought as the wind moved. I opened one eye and armed a fireball under water.

"Infernomon are you okay?" Kitty asked. I sighed and turned off the fireball.

"Considering my life just got turned upside down, I'm doing alright," I replied leaning my head back.

"Why do you say that?" Kitty asked looking at me.

"…Okay this might destroy any heroic image of me that you have. But I am a rare powerful digimon that the digimon sovereigns higher to take care of any evil activity. I kill most digimon to stop the evil from rising to high. The only thing that made me a normal digimon is this place. I am used to being alone and I rescued digimon because Enzulongmon always told me to rescue the innocent. I got you because Enzulongmon and the turkey, Chuchowmon, set me up for it. That's what I mean," I told her closing my eye. I slipped into the water and tried to think. I heard Kitty leave up the stairs. I started to fall asleep when a scream pierced the air. I was out of the water and up the stairs with claws extended and powered up before I even noticed. I blew through the door and stopped almost destroying the room.

"Someone get the extinguisher!" Tigeressmon cried out waving at fire. I fell over onto the ground cursing my luck. I then got up and tossed a fire extinguisher to her. I walked out the door and started hoping through some trees. I wanted to have some peace for a while. I jumped and landed in a clearing then sat down. I closed my eyes and just breathed. I heard voices and I cocked my head to the direction they came from.

"You think Geeni would have been more precise in where we were heading," a male voice said.

"He was precise as possible," another voice said. I got up and looked into the forest. Eleven kids walked out of the forest with eleven digimon.

"Hey who are you people?" I asked getting into a fighting stance.

"Chill guy!" the short guy with goggles said.

"Get out of my forest," I growled arming fireballs.

"Sorry but we were told to come here by Enzulongmon and Genni," a kid with brown hair and a green coat said.

"Well tell Enzulongmon has to talk to me first and Genni is a pain in my butt," I said back not backing down.

"Vee Head butt!" the little blue digimon said slamming into my gut. I didn't flinch but it fell to the ground rubbing his head. I looked down at it.

"Um heh, heh sorry?" he offered. I pulled back my leg and punted him into the air.

"Veemon! Digivolve!" the short kid with goggles called out holding a Digivice up in the air. I looked at the other digimon as they came at me. I pulled back and extended my claws. Down landed a Flamedramon and aimed at me. I grinned and pulled back as it jumped at me. I swung and it caught my fist.

"Not bad," I said as it grunted. I jumped and kicked it sending it into a tree. A Greymon and Birdramon came after me next and I jumped over the Greymon grabbing its tail. I spun around and threw it into the Birdramon. They fell to the ground. I repelled the shupershocker and side kicked an Ankilomon. An Arquilamon swooped down but I hit it with a fireball and it fell to the ground. I ran forward and gut checked a wolf digimon into a tree. I stopped with the few digimon left eyeing me at a distance.

"I'm telling you all to leave," I growled out not even sweating.

"But we were sent here," one cried out.

"Do I look like I care?" I cried out.

"Infernomon? Where are you?" Kitty called out.

"Kitty go home. I'll be right there," I roared out.

"If you're in trouble I'll help!" she called out running into the clearing. She stopped looking around.

"I thought I told you to go home," I said crossing my arms. Kitty looked up and me and put her hands on her hips.

"You're not the boss of me. I do what I want when I want. Now Sakuyamon wants you back at the house so you can gather some more herbs. Now are you coming?" Kitty asked walking right in my face.

"I will not do what those three witches want me to do!" I roared out flame rising around me.

"They aren't witches!" Kitty yelled back as we stared eye to eye.

"Um you two could we talk?" the short boy with goggles asked.

"No!" we yelled at him. He shrunk back and nodded. I glared back at Kitty.

"Go home. I'll be back soon. Tell the three digimon that I said to get out of the house if you value your lives. No get out of here!" I growled. Kitty turned around and harrumphed then walked towards the tree. I glared at the rest of the digimon.

"If Enzulongmon sent you then you must be the Digidestined. Now I'll let you come with me if you keep silent and make no comments. Comprede?" I asked glaring at all of them.

"Si!" the short kid with goggles said. I glared at him and he laughed nervously. I walked through the forest as the de-digivolved digimon painfully followed. I calmly walked to the tree and slammed the door open. The three girls were sitting in chairs when I walked in.

"Ladies meet the Digidestined," I said walking past them. They looked out the door to see eleven kids and eleven digimon stumble in. I turned and leaned against the door.

"Hello," Kitty said cheerfully. The three other digimon glared at me for my rude behavior. I just shrugged it off.

"There is a few hot springs down stairs through that door," Kitty began pointing to the door, "Food will be ready shortly and there are beds upstairs," Kitty said pointing to the stairs up. The kids broke off heading to different areas.

"No one goes in to the room with burn marks on it," I said firmly. They all nodded and kept walking. I looked at the angry face of the Digigirls.

"Hey I don't care about them. I have no reason to," I said looking at them. The door burst open and a blue digimon flew out the door and head first into a wall.

"Oww. Why are all women painful?" he asked moaning.

"Got me kid," I replied at the angry sounds the other digimon said. I looked over at them not caring. Because I really didn't. The blue digimon looked up at me and held its head.

"My name is Veemon. I'm Davis's digimon," Veemon said walking up to me.

"Well kid you certainly got a ways to go if you want to compete with me," I told him looking down.

"Will you train me?" Veemon asked full of hope.

"Why?" I asked looking down at him.

"Um…because I am a Digimental?" he offered. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"But I really want to be strong like you," Veemon said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I actually want to fight and maybe impress some girls," Veemon said firmly.

"Uh," I started. Veemon looked hopeful.

"No," I finished. That when the girls lost it. Kitty was ticked but didn't do anything. The Digiwomon on the other hand did.

"Now you listen here mister!" Tigeressmon yelled.

"You are staring to act like a grade A jerk!" Sakuyamon said.

"You are not so high and mighty!" Angiewomon said. I just looked at them and turned to walk away.

"Listen. I told you all once I told you all twice. I am a warrior digimon who fights only to repay a debt and no other reason," I said walking up the stairs to my room. I walked past the kid with the goggles and he stepped aside. I turned and went into my room and jumped into bed to relax. I was staring at the ceiling when thunder sounded outside.

"Oh what now?" I asked getting up and jumping out the window. I landed on the ground and looked up to see Enzulongmon looking down at me.

"What is it now?" I roared out.

"Have the Digidestined come?" he asked.

"Yeah and as far as I am concerned the digital world is doomed. Defeated half of them in seconds," I said looking up at him.

"They are strong when the time calls for it. You are to help them-" Enzulongmon.

"Oh no I am not! There is no way that I will go with those guys. I fight for my own purposes. If Kitty goes with them I'll teach her to defend herself, whish her a happy time and send her on her way. You got me into this mess and I am backing out now!" I yelled up at him.

"You are to help them! I command you to do this. You are to help them through the mountains to the ruins of the old Digidestined and fight off the evil that runs the area! Is that clear?" he roared at me.

"No! I will not do that!" I roared back. A beam of light was sent down and hit me full force. My power was twisted but not weakened. I roared in pain and anguish till it stopped I then fell to the ground panting.

"If you refuse I will take away your power but you must do your destiny," Enzulongmon said. I picked myself up from the ground and glared at him with all the hatred I could muster.

"Fine! I'll go with them and protect them. Now retune my power so that we can leave after gathering the supplies!" I roared up at him. The light engulfed me again and my power was set straight. I flicked Enzulongmon off with my claw and walked into the house. Everyone stared at me.

"Rest and eat. I want everyone to be ready for a long hike tomorrow. We leave at noon after eating. I'll gather supplies and pack up stuff for the trip. Now off with the lot of you," I growled grabbing several bags. I walked out the door and took off running. I ran through the forest grabbing roots and herbs as well as special fruits I had been watching. I filled seven bags and then ran back to the house. I dropped off the bags and the Digigirls went through them. I grabbed small containers to get water for. I ran through the forest again and filled them up with water. I hefted them up and looked at the night sky.

`How I would love to be a star…to never have to worry about the problems of others…nor my own destiny,' I thought turning and walking for a little before running. I reached the house and put down the water before leaving just as quickly. I needed to think hard. I ran up to the top of a nearby mountain and stopped sitting on the top most rock.

"I know what will happen when I go. I know what my destiny is but…I," I started before looking away. I looked up at the sky and leaned back.

`My destiny…not something I look forward to,' I thought as I heard something behind me.

"What?" I asked.

"You okay?" Angiewomon asked.

"……Don't ask," I said to her pulling down my facemask to keep any status attacks from affecting me. Powder flew over my face and I didn't blink.

"How about now?" she asked walking up.

"I said no," I replied not moving. She looked at my downed facemask and sighed.

"Okay I tried. You weren't acting your normal self and we all knew it. You don't have to act so tough and immortal. I know as do the other womon who you truly are," she said resting a hand on my shoulder.

"If you do, May I ask you a favor?" I asked quietly.

"Ask away," she replied evenly.

"Keep Kitty safe after this," I said before closing my eyes and shutting her out. She looked shocked before nodding and flying away. I just lay there contemplating my thoughts. I flipped up and landed before powering up to my max and yelling out in rage. I stopped and relaxed letting the fire dim out. I took off running back to the house and quietly jumped and landed inside my room. I lay on my bed as the door knocked. I got up and opened the door. Kitty stood there holding her stick and looking around. I sighed and stepped aside. She walked in afraid but trying not to show it.

"That was me yelling Kitty not to worry," I said walking back over to my bed.

"You sure?" Kitty asked. I rolled my eyes looking over at her and sighed.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked. She looked at me before sliding into bed next to me. I back up till my back was against the wall before she set her stick down and fell asleep. I looked through my window and whished my destiny would go away. I fell asleep wondering what my life would be like after the final battle I was told about. I woke up in the morning early. I got out of the bed and took off my cape. I set it over Kitty and walked down stairs. I bathed in the water and got out heading back up stairs. I started to make a large breakfast. I then gathered the packs and set them by doors with a note on each one. I left one for me and put it by the door. I sat down and started eating some food. I relaxed as more and more people got up from the smell of food and the call of nature. I watched as they stuffed themselves and then washed up in the bath downstairs. I waited till noon then walked down stairs where most of them were.

"Okay everyone get ready. Unless you want to walk through a desert at mid day tomorrow," I said staring at them.

"Oh come on! I just got comfy," the short boy with goggles said. I sighed and touched a button near me. The water got real cold and the kids and digimon were more than happy to get out. I turned and walked back up stairs and got my cape off a ready Kitty. I walked down stairs to see some of the kids carrying bags and others water. I looked them all over.

"Okay I am Infernomon. I will guide you to a place where all of you will get some sort of power boost. Now I don't want to do this and I will not tell you why. My associates are Angiewomon, Sakuyamon and Tigeressmon. If I am not there talk to them. I want all of you to say your names so I can refer to you," I said like talking to tourists.

"Davis,"

"Tai,"

"Sora,"

"Matt no autographs please,"

"Mimi,"

"Joe,"

"Izzy,"

"Ken,"

"Yolie,"

"T.K."

"Kari,"

"Cody," They said in order. I looked them all over then nodded. I turned and walked out the door. They all followed me into the woods. No digimon dared attack us with all the strong digimon about. We made it to the edge of the desert by twilight.

"Everyone pull out the rope that is in the bags. Tie one end around you and another person. Have the other person do the same all up the line. I want all digimon at Champion at least. Sandworms are not a fun thing to deal with," I told them fastening a rope to Kitty and I. We walked through the desert through the night. I heard complaints and moaning of the unfairness of it all. I made no notion to stop. When one tripped I would stop till he or she got up. When one was thirsty or hungry I handed a water bottle or food. When one complained about sleep and feet aching I just ignored them.

"Can we stop Infernomon?" Kitty asked at a cave. I eyed the cave and then turned to them.

"If you all want to sleep with the sand sharks be my guest but let me show you something. Everyone up onto the top of the rock," I said and everyone scrambled up. I took out my hand and lit a fireball. I scanned the darkness before finding a large lizard high on a rock high off the ground. I shot the ball of fire at it then launched a few into the air to illuminate the night. As the dead lizard fell the sand erupted with activity. The lizard fell and was ripped to shreds by the teeth of the sandworms. I looked at the scared looks of the Digidestined but not the digimon.

"You guys want to sleep go right ahead. But if at night you sleep the sandworms pick you off. During the day the heat gets you, but that's easy to beat by staying at caves of in the shade of a rock. Sandworms are only defeated by an extremely high rock or…by a moving target with many powerful friends. They are always hungry but aren't stupid," I said to them. I continued the walk and heard no more complaints about their feet hurting or wanting to sleep. Once we made it to the edge of the desert I untied the rope and stepped aside.

"Sleep now and rest. I'll keep watch but I wouldn't worry. Not many are dumb enough to go after the Digidestined or when there're several strong digimon around," I said as they all fell into a heap on the ground. The digimon all went near their partners and did the same. Sakuyamon and Tigeressmon sat near Kitty and fell asleep. Angiewomon wanted to talk to me.

"Don't ask me. I will not tell you either way you go about it," I told her right off. She stooped before she even started and sighed heavily.

"You know something about it but don't want to say anything. I have an idea what's wrong but…it could be other possibilities," she said trying to get miniscule info.

"Don't bother," I replied looking at her. She frowned and sat down next to me and waited. I stared at the desert and looked towards the forest every time I heard a sound. My facemask had been down for a while but I decided to life it and give myself an unhindered view of the desert. I looked back to see Angiewomon sleeping next to Kitty. I closed my eyes and sighed heavily.

`This just makes me fell worse. All that I will leave behind…' I thought getting up and walking around the area for some clarity.

The next morning everyone woke up groggily and complaining. I just sat in silence and ignored their questions. Kitty even stopped trying when I just shook my head to her.

"Listen. We rest today and re-gather supplies. Tomorrow we take a walk through a valley in-between those two mountains," I said pointing to the two in the distance. I saw everyone nod and star talking amongst them selves. I didn't care I was tired from watching all night so I just found a pile of ferns and used them as a pillow. I fell asleep as they bustled around. My instincts warned me before I was even awake. I bolted up and dove out of eth wave. A large stinger hit the ground behind me. I growled and sent a wave of fire into the air. Three bug like digimon went down and I absorbed their data. I grumbled and went to lay down again when I spotted something. I turned to see the Davis kid holding Kitty's hand. I started to open my mouth but just closed it and grumbled something about kids and went back to sleep. I woke up and sat up to see everyone more or less lying around. The digimon were keeping watch with some of the Digidestined. I looked off towards a small mountain and took off running. I blew up the mountain and sat on the highest rock. I sat there and gazed around me at the view. I shook my head and looked towards the forbidden mountains.

`Such an ominous name I had always said and right now I would have to agree with myself,' I thought looking at the peaks of several tall mountains close together and very steep.

"Infernomon?" a voice asked. I shot out of my skin and spun around with several fireballs and my flame shield up. Kitty stood there with a few Digidestined staring after her. I powered down and looked at the kids all staring at me.

"What are all of you doing up here?" I asked sitting back down.

"Trying to figure out where we are going," Yolie said crossing her arms.

"All of you are going to the Digidestined temple in the forbidden mountains. I don't know any more nor could I tell you. All I know is that in those mountains is an oasis of sorts where the temple sits. Several evil digimon guard the place as a base even though they can't do anything to the area they still are a threat," I replied turning to the mountains. They all listened and then looked to where I was looking.

"Then why are you so against yourself coming with us?" the girl named Kari asked.

"You are very perceptive. Let's just say destiny has me going there," I replied smiling at her.

"What's that mean?" Cody asked.

"You'll see," I replied looking back to the mountains. He seemed to ponder this before shrugging and looking around.

"Well I got one question. How exactly did you get those three digimon to follow you?" T.K. asked. I glared at him before slamming the rock I was sitting on.

"Ask them. I seemed to be misunderstood when I describe it," I replied staring back at the camp.

"He saved us separately from different disasters," Tigeressmon said appearing next to T.K.

"Do you have to do that?" I asked hotly.

"Of course sweaty," she cooed grinning at me. I cringed and shuddered at that smile. I sighed and punched the rock again. I looked to see a waterfall flowing down the mountain and looked at the beauty it possessed before looking back at the smoke rising at the camp.

"Who put the bomb fire up?" I asked still looking at the camp.

"What bomb fire?" Kitty asked looking. I nodded and ran to the waterfall and jumped. I hit a rock and rebounded over the cliff. I jumped form rock to rock near the bottom then ran over the water shooting a plume up behind me. I jumped up into the air, over the trees into the center of camp where a large battle was going on. I fired a few digimon but they tried to run away and hide behind the other digimon. I moved around trying to get them, but the others destroyed some, which showed that they weren't helpless. The last one the Greymon hit with its Nova blast.

`Nova…where does that sound familiar?' I thought watching the Greymon. I watched as the other Digidestined had gotten down the mountain with the help of their digimon. I looked at kitty to see her smiling face and grinned back clicking my claws. Kitty laughed before giving me a hug. I looked up to see the other three digimon smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and just accepted that they knew my kinder side.

"Okay Digidestined. Try to rest because the valley will be dangerous then it's the temple. It shouldn't be too hard once we are in," I told them. The rest of the day was resting and packing. Then to sleep.

The next day I got the team to walk through the rest of the forest to the small gate that signaled the valley.

"Halt who goes there? This is a sacred place and forbidden to those with out business," a scratchy voice said from behind the gate.

"Oh give it a rest Furomon. Just let the Digidestined and I in," I growled.

"Oh geeze! Infernomon I didn't know you were here. Wait you said the Digidestined? Does that mean that-" he started.

"Yes! But keep it down!" I roared out cutting him off. Everyone looked at me.

"Well good luck getting them there. I feel bad for you to get stuck with the kids. But you don't have to get impatient with repaying Enzulongmon," Furomon covered quickly. I nodded as the door opened up. I waved to him and he nodded back and watched my group and I go. I heard Kitty talk to a few of the others and they whispered back. I knew they were starting to sense something up with me. E walked down the path when we finally saw the temple.

"I always wondered how many temples are in the digital world," I said laughing a little.

"How many have you been to?" Davis asked. I laughed out loud before answering, "Believe me kid you would never know." We scooted by a crevice when I heard it. I looked up to see boulders coming down.

"Digimon to your partners! We got trouble!" I cried out jumping up onto the higher cliff. I started shooting the rocks down or kicking them away. I released my Inferno crusher and vaporized most of the rocks. The ones that weren't destroyed turned to molten rocks that made a trail of fire. An Ikkakumon fire its harpoon torpedo to destroy the rest of them. I nodded to Ikkakumon and we continued on. An earthquake went off and Kitty fell over with Davis. I jumped after them and Veemon jumped as well. I heard shouts of encouragement as evil digimon started to attack the ones up there. I reached Davis and Kitty and grabbed onto them. I put them on my stomach and faced my back to the ground. I closed my eyes and felt my back slam into the other side of the crevice. I roared in pain as the rocks ground against my back.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!" I roared out as I bounced away.

"Veemon! Digivolve to Exveemon!" Davis shouted. I barely heard him though as I glanced to see the ground rushing up. Several sharp rocks rested down there. I looked up to see a winged digimon trying to catch up. I nodded and threw the kids up and turned around. I powered up and fired a beam of pure fire at the ground. It slammed into the ground melting the rocks and slowing me down. I hit the lava and felt my wounds heal over.

"Oh yeah," I cooed felling the heat.

"Infernomon! Don't die!" Kitty cried out. I jumped up and out of the lava to star to jump off the walls going up.

"Oh you know me Kitty. Fire is soothing to me," I said passing them going up. I landed on the top of the cliff and feel to one knee.

"Are you okay?" Sakuyamon asked holding me.

"Just a little worn out," I replied wincing as her hand touched my back. I felt her hand peel away the lava rock and gasp.

"It's not that bad," I replied.

"Your back is shredded. You shouldn't even bee moving," she scolded. I laughed and winced as my data was slightly spread out for a second. Angiewomon cast her angel heal on me and I felt better but I wasn't back to full strength.

"So, now that this is all done," I said standing and looking at all the digimon and kids.

"We should get a move on," I finished walking forward. My cape billowed out covering the large scar I now had on my back. We arrived at the temple and the large door loomed over us. I really hadn't been paying attention to the Digidestined. I didn't want to. I looked around trying to figure out the way to get in.

"It looks like the door can only be opened with our digivices," Izzy said looking at the door. I looked down at him and smiled.

"So I take it you are the Digidestined of intelligence?" I asked.

"Yep that's me," he said grinning at me.

"Well what are you Digidestined waiting for? A formal invitation? Get it open," I asked grinning at them. I stepped back and waited. I looked at the ground and saw a mark. The Digidestined put their digivices in the holes that were set in the door. It didn't open. I glanced down at the mark and nodded my head to myself.

"Guys. I'm going to try something. When the door opens go in and keep running. When I do this it may draw some attention," I said walking over. I past Angiewomon and gave her a look.

"Remember the promise," I whispered stepping on the mark. Everyone turned to me as I closed my eyes. I powered up and felt my power explode out. Then it just stopped. I had no power because I had used it all to juice up the digivices. I opened my eyes and fell to the ground as my data fizzed in and out. I could hear gasps as evil digimon started running out. I felt hands lift me. I looked up to see some of the Digidestined pulling me into the door as it closed. They set me on the ground as the door slammed shut. I glared up at Tai and Davis.

"Didn't I say run through?" I asked ticked.

"Well yeah," Davis said.

"Good. Just wanted to make sure none of you were deaf. Now get a move on so I can rest," I replied grinning up at them. I watched as they ran down the hall towards the center. The three-digimon girls that plague me stood before me looking at me.

"We know what you are doing," Tigeressmon said kneeling down.

"But we want to know why," Sakuyamon said leaning on me. Angiewomon sat down in front of me and looked sternly at me, or as much as I could tell. They wear that mask thing.

"Okay I'll spill, but in order to fully understand it talk to the sovereigns. They know the full story. In some legend or something a digimon is described as saving the digital world by increasing the strength of the Digidestined from now until forever. He gives all his power and experience to the digivices and then Digivoles to the next stage. He defeats some evil or something and dies heroically. That's the reason I didn't want to do this. I just didn't want to die," I said the last part quietly.

"But you have no strength left. How can you Digivolve?" Sakuyamon asked.

"You got me," I replied.

"Well stay here," Angiewomon said holding me firmly down.

"Just get out of here you three. Get to the Digidestined. They sure could use the help," I said pushing them up. They took off giving me a last look. Once they were out of viewing range I sighed and closed my eyes.

`Why was I given the destiny of this?' I asked myself as I started to faze out of existence.

-Because. You are the best a voice replied.

"Thanks for telling me," I replied before falling unconscious. I felt like I was floating when I opened my eyes. I looked around to see the data of the digital world.

`What is this?' I thought but it echoed out.

-You are the fist digimon to become the main guider of the data of the digital world-

`Oh. So I am god?' I asked.

--A digital god, yes. But you can only do so much as you are. You aren't strong enough to fully use your power-

`Well I want to save my allies,' I replied firmly.

-Then focus on that thought- I thought calmly as light started to flow into me. Darkness also started to flow around me and then they combined and flew into me. I scream in pure agony as my body was reformed.

`This isn't like digivolving,' I thought before blacking out again. As I fought the darkness a view started to play before me.

The Digidestined had reached the center to see a stone pillar with writing on it. Tai walked up to it with Augumon right beside him. He started to read, "The Digidestined who seek the power to fight the darkness must know one thing. The power you will posses will continue on only for the chosen children. Though with out the chosen digimon the ceremony will not work," Tai paused turning to the group. They all looked around trying to figure out the chosen one. I chose that moment to walk forward out of the wall.

"That would be me Tai," I said walking to the center of the room.

"What? Huh? Hey how did you do that?" Tai asked blinking at me.

"Ask the temple. It was the one that did this to me. But I want all of you to know. There is going to be a large battle after the ceremony. Those digimon outside are massing under one that will kill and absorb them all to grow and become something the digital will only see twice," I said standing in the center of the room.

"So what are we to do?" Sora asked.

"I want all of you to stand around me in a circular fashion but, and this is an important but, do not stand in the circle unless anyone of you want to die," I said Kitty was starting to cry watching me.

"Tigeressmon could you please hold onto Kitty for me?" I asked looking at her. She nodded and grabbed onto Kitty before she could run to me. I looked to the faces of the Digidestined stared at me.

"Just hold out your digivices and hope to god this works. Oh and after this happens Digivolve your digimon and find some cover. All hell is going to break lose," I said crossing my arms in front of my face as the light from the digivices went out. I could hear sniffling and some light crying as the digivices activated and shot their light into me.

"Infernomon Glacticdigivolved to…" I started and I felt myself turn into energy.

(Going to do the digivolution thing)

Out in space Infernomon's energy flew into a collapsing planet making the black hole explode outward. The blinding light inside the explosion rest Infernomon. The arms and legs shoot out and start to change rapidly. Left are goes white with a tint of blue and another claw is added to make five claws. They extend out like knives and glow red. The same happens to the other limb in succession. The head turns the same color and smoothes out. Out of the back shoots out red flaming hair extending to create a new cape. A slit is created in the helmet to let the eyes out. Along the entire body little tips of knives poke out and Infernomon opens his eyes and gets into a fighting stance.

"…Novamon!" A large light burst out of the top of the temple. Out jumps Novamon into the air floating there. The glow around him is like the sovereigns but more blue and white then the others. The only color that isn't like the others is the flaming hair and claws.

"Evil digimon of the forbidden land," Novamon starts looking at the massing growth of the leader as he absorbs the other digimon.

"You are threatening the digital world. Something I can't allow you to do. Digimon of the Digidestined come forth!" Novamon cries out and the Digidestined digivolved their digimon to their top most level. Mega or Ultimate. All stood behind Novamon. Novamon landed on the ground and watched as the plant like evil digimon exploded in growth. Novamon wasn't fazed at the sight.

"You think you can deal with me? You puny digimon I'll kill you all,"

(Back to Infernomon…er…Novamon's view)

I stood there. I was freaked out beyond comprehension.

`I'm going to die. Yet I don't feel so bad about it' I thought looking at the large plant.

"Novamon right?" asked Imperialdramon.

"Yeah," I replied looking over to him.

"Any ideas? Because I would love to hear them," he asked looking a little worried.

"Yeah when I say. Launch all your attacks and keep doing that till it's dead or you can't fight anymore," I replied sounding confident. Even though I didn't believe my confidence.

"You seem awfully calm about this," Wargreymon said.

"I noticed. But I wouldn't think about it. Your job is to protect those kids. My job is to win," I said to them.

"You going to do a pep talk?" Zudamon asked.

"I'll give it a try," I replied turning to them.

"Don't think about the consequences. I can take care of that. Think of destroying him and saving the children. Keep your mind focused on his attacks and watch out for them," I said turning back to the large monster in front of me. Vines launched out at us and thus the battle began. I leapt into the air and fired out several blasts of white-hot fire. The battle raged on till it was down to Metalgururumon, Wargreymon and I versus the monstrosity that was starting to lose.

"Listen I need an opening," I told them.

"We'll try," Wargreymon replied. We leaped into the air and the other two launched their two best attacks. A large hole was created and before it could heal I burst through and turned up the heat from the inside. Thorns on vines came out and scraped me down trying to stop me. But I just ran forward shooting fire everywhere trying to make my way to the center. I finally burst through the final shielded area to see the core.

"You insolent fool! You really think you can beat me!" it cried out launching attacks at me. I knocked them away and then focused all of my being into my attack.

"So long…friends," I whispered and fired the blast.

"NOVA INCENERATION!" I roared shooting the entire blast into the core. It went through the core and out the other side. Light filled the area and it faded to show the evil digimon standing there cursing me as he dissolved. I stood there as my data fizzed in and out.

"Novamon!" Kitty cried out. I turned to her and held up a claw.

"Stop Kitty. I…I knew this was going to happen. Just remember I didn't go down with out a fight," I told her as I started dissolving. I looked to see Davis hold on to her.

"You better take good care of her Davis," I told him before I fully disappeared. As my data flew into the air my final thought was what would happen to them.