Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Insomnia ❯ Insomina ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Digimon, the movies.. the sho, or any of the characters. Understand? Alright let's get on to the story..

T.K. was nervous and shaking all over."get a grip on yourself" said T.K."It's only a party." But he couldn't help it. It wasn't any ordinary party, it was Kari's sweet 16..And he had a special gift. He took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. As soon as T.K hand touched the door, a snide voice said
"Hey TI" TK was taken back.
"Hey TC, forget your present? I remembered mine, and Kari's going to like it better."
TK sighed, frowning. "What if Kari does like his better than mine?" TK pondered. Get a grip, TK, yours is from the heart, she'll like it...I hope.
"I got her a gold locket, a soccer ball, a cool shooting computer game, and roses. I bet you forgot!" TK just held his tongue. Suddenly the door flew open, and he heard the music and the party already starting
"Hi TK! Kari yelled over the music,"Come on in! I've been waiting for you!" TK stepped in, and remembering his manners, was going to hold the door for Davis but Kari slammed it shut.
Davis saw TK go in and said "Hey Kari! Guess what! I got you roses and stuff and TF forget his prese-*slam* The door hit Davis square in the face.. Aww..ouch ouch! Kari? Kari?" He tried the door handle. It was locked. "stupid TS " he muttered,"being so tall Kari probably couldn't see me, so he slammed the door. Davis just stood there, pushing the buzzer over and over."The music must be too loud" mumbled Davis.
Tai was showing everyone around. He thought he was doing good for being the adult at the party. Of course all the digi-destined were there too, making Joe the oldest, but still his parents left him in charge.
*ding dingdingding dingdingding dingdingding dingding*
Tai mumble"Gosh..this kid must love ringing doorbells..almost as bad as Davis."
As Tai opened the door he saw Davis run in and immediately start talking to Kari.
"Speak of the Devimon.." he grumbled. He didn't see why she had to invite Davis. but yet again, she one of the kinder digi-destined. And besides, if she didn't invite him, not ALL the digi-destined would be here. But still...
Sora looked around, she wanted to dance with Tai, but she couldn't find him. She saw Izzy and Ken talking to each other about computers, science and etc, while their two dates Mimi and Yolei were talking about hair and fashion. She sighed. "Where is that Tai..owf!"
*****
Arg. He just keeps talking and talking..
...."and then I scored again. Aren't I great Kari?'
"Excuse me Davis, I think its time for cake." She politely but quickly headed fro their kitchen."
"Hey well I love cake Kari! Once I ate 3 slices in 4 minutes, and with my hands tied behind my back! Kari?" huh..Kari most be hungry, she's running to the fridge...I better catch up to her....owff..oouw"
******
Sora looked up to see Davis on top of her. He was just staring at her. She heard it got real Real quiet. Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at them.
Mimi looked up from Yolei. "oh..huh?" Why is Davis on Sora. Who invited Davis...?" Oh what ew! ahh!" Mimi screamed. Izzy finally looked up at from the computer. He stared in horror at what he saw. Davis was on top of Sora, trying to kiss her. He saw Tai run up just in time and throw Davis off.
"What do you think you are doing?" Tai screamed. He was outraged that Davis touched his girlfriend.
Kari turned around to see what was happening, and saw Davis fly across the room and hit his arm on the wall, while Tai was yelling.
"aww....!" Davis was gripping his arm, bending over in pain.
Mimi, Yolei, and Joe went over to Davis.
"Are you alight?" Mimi asked.
"I don't think he is..look at his arm." Yolei said.
"We should get him to a Hospital." said Joe. But I won't be able to stay with him until his parents get there, someone want to come with me?"
Even though everyone was concerned for Davis, they didn't want to meet with the parents or spend time with him. TK saw the look on Kari's face, she was disappointed. Her birthday was ruined. TK sighed and surrendered.
"I'll go."
"Thanks TK, help me get Davis into the car."
******* an hour later*****
The party had died down, Kari was disappointed that TK left. everyone had their presents opened, and ate to their desire and cake. Soon people were leaving slowly. Matt decided to hang back, and wait for TK.
"Wow, TK's been gone quite a while."
"Yeah Matt, I'm wondering if maybe we should call or something."
"Na..it's ok...besides, I don't think Davis' parents are home, so Jun must be late or something."
***** an hour after that*** Everything is cleaned up, all the decorations are put away or thrown away, and Matt and Tai are chatting quietly, while Kari is on the computer.
"Wow" Kari murmured,"It's almost 11:30 and TK been gone for 3 hours..when is he getting back? I wanted to talk to him."
**in the living room**
"Oh man Tai, look at the time. Maybe I should call the hospital to see if he's still there..." TK came in, panting, red and out of breath. Matt got up.
"TK..hey buddy you alight?" Matt let him catch his breath.
"yeah..(breathing) I just wanted to get home quick..(breathing)..I was supposed to be back an hour ago.."
"TK?" Is that you TK?" Kari came running up and hugged TK, and gave him a kiss. Tk blushed hard. Kari always liked it when he blushed. He was so cute, adorable, and so innocent.
"What happened to Davis?" asked Tai guiltily.
"Oh, his arm was bruised not broken, and I told his sister the story. She got kinda made, but she forgives you. I think she doesn't want Matt mad at her for being angry...you got off easy."
"Yeah I did..thanks Matt" while Tai elbowed him.
"No problem..anytime" Matt grinned.
TK was still blushing, kari still had her hands wrapped around him. Matt noticed that a grinned.
"Hey..do we need to surgically remove you two?" Kari giggled, TK blushed more, and she backed away. TK looked at his watch. 11:45, and hour and 15 minutes late already.
"Well ah....I need to get home now.."
"Hey TK wanna sleep over? We can call Mom and tell her you're staying with Dad and I, and that way you won't get in trouble, Dad's lenient"
"Yeah well Mom sure cracks the whip on me! Thanks bro!"
***** that night*********
"Night TK! Are you still sure you're ok with the couch?"
"Yeah" TK yelled back at his brother.
As TK settled down, but realized he couldn't sleep. "It must be because of the party, and running to Tai's house." He mused. After an hour, TK tried reading, but that didn't work either. He realized, it was almost as if he dreaded it. By 6 am in the morning TK realized he probably wouldn't fall asleep.
Matt woke up to finding the living room cleaned and picked up, dishes done, and a table set with breakfast on them.
"Hey what's all this TK?"
"It's called a breakfast Matt, Dad already ate."
"Thanks little brother" Matt messed up TK's hair. "Hey you look tired, you know I would have taken the couch if you couldn't have slept on it..
"No Matt, it wasn't that, I just wasn't tired."
"Wake up sleepy head." Tai gently shook his sister awake.
"Already?"
"Yep. C'mon, I've already ate."
Kari yawned and got up. She quickly changed, she wanted to talk to Tk, since he left the party so soon, she didn't get a chance.
TK cleaned up, and started out the door.
"Where are you going so early squirt?"
"I need to grab my stuff from my place first before I head to school."
"Ok see ya later T.K., and don't fall asleep in class!" Matt added chuckling.
********* at school****
"Hey, TK! Wait up!" TK turned around to see who it was.
"Oh hi Kari!"
"I didn't get a chance to talk to you last night. It was so sweet of you to look after Davis, thanks a lot TK, you were the only person who cared.(really)"
"ah...you're welcome I guess" Kari cuddled up to him.
"That's what I like about you" and gave him a small peck on the cheek."Bye TK ! I gatta go to class! Don't want to be late! Bye!"
"That kiss surely woke me up," thought TK. "Well off to science. I hope I don't fall asleep in class...I'm so tired.."
***late in the day****
TK was at home , ate, finished his homework. He was getting ready for bed, considering it was nearing 11:00 and he needed extra sleep for the test tomorrow. But he just lay there. Something told him it was bad to sleep, that he shouldn't. That there is danger. For some reason his body just wouldn't let him sleep. So he laid awake.
***at school***
"Wow TK are you getting enough sleep?" Yolei pondered.
"Huh?" TK was half dozing off , head drooping dangerously near the cafeteria food. "yeah I'm ok" was his response.
"Yeah you're ok, you're only going to fall asleep in that toxic waste in front of you." Ken replied. TK had to grin. Ken was actually humorous, he's been working on lightening his mood by coaxing of Yolei and Cody.
But TK had to agree with him. It took incredible effort to stay awake for and through the test. But somehow he survived.
"Yeah I'm going to have to get a nap at home or something." Then it hit him. He has basketball practice. How is he going to survive that?
**** at the game***
I noticed TK wasn't himself, and I asked him earlier, and he sad he was ok. But TK seemed kinda sluggish in the game tonight. They still one, but not by much, unlike the usual.
I sighed relief when I got home. Patamon was waiting for me, already curled up on my blankets. After I crawled into bed I realized in despair that i couldn't sleep again. If he didn't fall asleep soon he wasn't sure if he would make it through the next day.
*** morning**
Not a wink of sleep. TK just laid there all night staring at the ceiling. He was too tired to get up, but he got up anyways. patamon flew up and asked
"Are you ok TK?"
"Yeah I'm just tired Patamon."
" Me too(yawn) and hungry"
"You are always hungry."
"Hm-hm,, always."

Tk barely made it through school. He could hardly think, he had a headache, he was clumsy, and dizzy.
Kari noticed this. "TK seems to be getting worse, what's wrong?" she thought to herself. She asked that same question to TK after school.
"Huh?oh. just not getting enough sleep at night I guess." yeah, TK thought, like no sleep at night. I had to lean against the tree, I was getting way to dizzy answering Kari's questions and trying to stand up.
"Well, bye TK see you tomorrow, and try and get some sleep ok?"
"..."
"TK?"
"Huh? oh yeah bye." TK ambled home, surprised to make it t o the apartments. He got on the elevator, but didn't want to take the effort to push the button. So he waited for Yolei and Cody to come.

TK struggled. Something cold had his wrists. They were grasping so tight that his fingers went numb.Though while struggling he wondered if they went numb because the hand was so cold.
It became darker. A Black mist floated above. TK had no idea what it was, but he knew it was evil. He tried running away, but by moving his hands, they were lashed together harder by the cold hands.
He feared it. something in that mist...something..unlikely..surprise, but not a good one, something dark, evil, horrifying.
As the mist came closer, it got less dense, reveling the thing on the inside. Two small eyes were seen close to the ground. TK looked at the forming shape. It was smaller than a teddy bear, and looked just as cuddly. It was a furry cute little dog. But something in it's eyes told him this dog was not friendly.
"Hello dig-destined. I am poodelmon. I am pleased to have met you, Takeru."
How did he know my name?
"Because I have met you before" Huh? TK thought. Did I say that out loud?
"No you didn't Takeru."
"Then how did you know my questi..."
"I read your thoughts. and yes, I am a surprise. Not all things cute and small are the best things to cuddle up with. As I will give you an example of. **Hound's bite*"
TK felt the tear of the skin, his left side burned with pain, hotter than scalding water. TK bit his lip to keep from crying out .
"See what I mean? And I've been waiting. You were able to resist me. But I finally wore you down, so I could draw you near."*Wolf claw*
Tk felt the blood from his lip drip down his face, as the poodelmon's attack continued.
"You see, I feel no threat from any other Digi-destined. You are the only one who is important. Your crest.... of Hope..... helps power all crests, even the Queen"s."
It took TK a while to realize he meant Kari.
"Yes...Queen Kari.." he mocked her title."And...supposedly..you...King Takeru..."
Tk was shocked by this, but with both attacks he was already in a state of shock.
"This is why I brought you here, I..." The digimon's voice faded, as TK heard another one. It was so soft, and so far away. He used all his might to hear it, but then It just disappeared. Now it was just black. He was calm. "no" something said in the back of his mind,"no..this is right, up there.. something up there is right." Tk mustered all his strength, and opened his eyes.
The image was blurred, and he had a slight sensation someone was shaking him. Pulled out he last of his strength to clear his mind.
"Tk..TK!" His mother was saying.
"Yeah..." TK mumbled and groaned.
" Oh TK, I came in, you didn't wake up for school yet and I saw your lip with blood and you weren't waking up."
"Mom, mom, it's ok now, everything will be alight, everything will be alight." TK said in a groggy voice.
"Oh TK what happened?"
I'd like to know the same thing thought TK. "It was just a bad dream, and I must have been scared or something and I bit my lip."
TK looked at his left arm, all of Poodelmon's attack wounds weren't there, only TK's bloody lip.
Kari looked at TK. She noticed dried blood on his lip. By the way he was so tired she was surprised he was alive, yet coming to school.
"TK, maybe you should go home and rest." that kinda startled TK, at he mention of sleep. All day he barely made it down the hall to his classrooms with out passing out. Now he had one last class left, and by the look an his face he was determined to make it through.
"Take care of yourself TK. Why don't you have Matt take you home? you seem in no condition to walk." Kari saw he barely could afford the effort to shrug his shoulders.
He didn't like ignoring anyone, but he couldn't get his mind of that dream. It seemed way to real. Well he had to get it out of his head, He still had one more class.
Kari called Matt in before the last class, asking him to pick up TK.
"Sure, why? needs a ride someplace?"
"Well TK hasn't been feeling well, he says he's fine..." Matt could tell by her voice she was concerned.
"Well Tk likes telling the truth, but he may not be telling he truth this time. I'll be over to pick him up asap after school."
"Thanks Matt."
"Sure thing"
TK kept falling asleep halfway. He could hardly think, his eyes hurt, so did his head, and every time he blinked the possibility of falling asleep became higher.