Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Koushirou's Search! ❯ Mimi's Close Call! ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi again everyone. The ending was pretty interesting, eh? Something bad happened with Mimi and Koushirou is beating himself up over it. Well, this chapter shows exactly what happened. I guess one could say that this is a PG-13 chapter, compared to the previous ones. This will, like mentioned earlier, explain why Mimi is so down, but it's not going to be all that graphic. I definitely wanted some more conflict and tension between the two and this chapter actually leads up to it. Something interesting to note, I had actually written this chapter before the last one, and as for notes and changes…I don't think there'll be any relevant notes for it. Maybe a slight change here and there.
 
Now, as always, I do not own anything dealing with the Digimon series or franchise. Bandai and Toei have that honor, and as a reminder, here are the ages of the characters once again:
 
Jou: 16-17 (Year 10-11; First/second year of High School)
Taichi/Sora/Yamato: 15-16 (Year 09-10; Last year of Junior High School/First year of high school)
Koushirou/Mimi: 14-15 (Year 08-09; Second/Last year of Junior High School)
Miyako: 13-14 (Year 07-08; First/second year of Junior High School)
Takeru/Hikari/Daisuke/Ken: 12 (Year 06; Final year of Elementary/First year of Junior High School)
Iori: 10-11 (Year 04-05)
 
Chapter 13: Mimi's Close Call!
 
Koushirou and Mimi were still in front of the station, trying to determine the best way of how to get to Odaiba University due to the fact that Tokyo University was a bit far from where they currently were.
 
“We should probably just take the bus,” Koushirou suggested.
 
“But taking a taxi would probably be faster since it'd go straight there. No stops in between.”
 
“That's true, but cab fare is a bit more expensive compared to the bus. At least we can show our student cards for the bus and get a lower price, just like with the trains. We can't do that with a taxi.”
 
“But it'll be faster for us!” Mimi wanted to hurry and get the trip over with. “I'll be happy to put in some money for the fare if you promise to, too.”
 
“Okay, if you insist. It'd only be fair.”
 
“At least it'll be easier than hitching a ride,” laughed Mimi.
 
*Koushirou laughed along, recalling how they, along with the others, were trying to get back to Odaiba from Hikarigaoka years ago due to sleeping through their stop to transfer, and ended up in Shinjuku with no money. This resorted in their hitchhiking. First up was Taichi, who had no luck and was nearly hit. When he and Jou tried, a taxi stopped for them, but realizing they had no money, kept going. Yamato tried, and a pretty woman stopped for him, but was much too shy to get into the car, which was a two-door convertible and lacked the space they needed. When Sora and Mimi tried, by holding up signs, a young man stopped for them due to how cute they were.
 
Koushirou and Mimi made their way to the section of the station where one could either catch a cab or either hop on one of the many buses. There were no taxis parked out front, and most had their “off duty” signs on, but some were driving by, so he put out his arm to try and wave down a taxi, but his efforts seemed to go unnoticed.
 
Mimi giggled playfully. “That's not going to get a taxi to stop for you.”
 
“Okay, what do you suggest then?”
 
She winked. “Just watch me.”
 
The girl walked a little ways into the street. She put out her right arm, her thumb extended, while her left hand rested on her hip. She made herself look as graceful and as beautiful as possible. “Oh taxi, I need a ride,” she said in a cutesy voice, while blowing a kiss.
 
Koushirou rubbed his eyes in disbelief as he saw all of these taxi cab drivers trying their best to stop for Mimi, and that included some the off-duty drivers. All of the men driving looked to have hearts in their eyes and spoke in a love-struck manner.
 
“I'll be happy to take you someplace!” the first driver said.
 
“You don't want to go with that driver, come with me instead!” the second driver said.
 
“I'll drive you around for free and then we can go out sometime!” the fourth, and the youngest looking, driver offered.
 
“I'm the fastest driver!” the third one said. “I'll drive all the way to China for you!”
 
“I'll drive you all the way to England if you would like, and I know that's not possible, but I would find a way!” said the fifth driver.
 
`These drivers are pathetic! It's just Mimi-san, it's no big deal.' He shook his head at the group. “Mimi-san, please choose one. They're starting to block traffic.”
 
Sure enough, there were cars backing up behind them since they'd taken up most of the area to stop for Mimi. Each driver kept giving reasons as to why Mimi should choose him. In the end, Mimi chose randomly, and decided to go with the cab driver who had offered to drive them around for free.
 
The other drivers grumbled in annoyance and drove off. The taxi pulled up closer to the curb so that Mimi could get in. The lanky man, with the clean-cut hair actually stepped out of the car and opened the back passenger door for Mimi and let her in, completely ignoring Koushirou. After Mimi was in, he closed the door and rushed back to the driver's seat.
 
“Where would you like to go?” he asked, love-struck.
 
“Um…you shut the door on my friend.”
 
“Friend, what friend?”
 
She pointed to Koushirou. “That friend!”
 
“Oh…”
 
“Well, *push the button to open the door for him.”
 
“It-it's broken,” he admitted bashfully. “That's why I opened the door personally for you.”
 
Mimi sighed, wondering why the man hadn't gotten back out to let Koushirou in. Realizing the man wasn't going to move, she opened the door for Koushirou from inside and he hopped into the backseat behind the passenger's seat, since Mimi had scooted over for him to get in. He looked annoyed, due to his being so blatantly ignored.
 
“So, where to?” he asked again, as if he'd been struck by one of cupid's arrows.
 
“Odaiba University, please.”
 
“Yes, my beautiful goddess.”
 
“Uh, ehehehe,” the girl nervously laughed. She was used of boys her age acting that way towards her, but not adults.
 
Koushirou rolled his eyes over the way the guy was acting. `Why do guys always act stupid whenever it comes to her? This guy is worse than Sukamon and Chuumon when they were asking Mimi-san for a date…'
 
The driver pulled off in the direction of Odaiba University. He kept smiling and glancing back at Mimi, even though it was a bit difficult since she was now sitting behind him. Either way, Mimi didn't even seem to notice.
 
“I see you're a university student. I've always found intelligent, university girls stimulating.”
 
Koushirou felt a bit disturbed. `What's with this guy? This is getting weird…'
 
“You know, I could drop your younger brother off someplace and then we could have a nice, lovely dinner at a nice, fancy restaurant in the area.”
 
“Erm…no thank you, and Koushirou is not my brother.” Mimi was starting to grow a bit unnerved by the man now. “He's the same age as I am, and we are not university students. We're junior high students!”
 
The man seemed to ignore all Mimi had said and continued trying to get on her good side. As a matter of fact, his smile grew when she said she was in junior high school. “Would you like to listen to some music?”
 
“No thank you.”
 
“Excuse me, sir, but it would be quicker if you were to make a right at the next light,” Koushirou instructed. He wanted to cut this ride as short as possible. He was growing extremely agitated with the man and his attempts. He just felt it would be better to get Mimi away from the guy.
 
“I know what I'm doing,” the man growled.
 
“Hey! If he says that you should turn at the next light, then you should turn at the next light!”
 
“Yes, ma'am!” He promptly turned at the light.
 
“I hope we get there soon, I never cared much for riding around on nice days. Now I'm all for riding around on summer days.” Even though Mimi had grown up and matured over the years, she still preferred to be in a setting where she's comfortable and at times, she still liked being *“dainty”.
 
“It shouldn't take us too much longer,” Koushirou said while looking over the map he'd picked up earlier. While looking at the map, he pulled out a pen, and started to write some calculations on the back of it as a way to check if what he had come up with in mind was correct. “According to the remaining distance we have, and the speed that this driver is going, from what I can see, we should be there in about ten minutes, especially since he turned at the light back there.”
 
“Ugh, distance equations! I never liked that type of math much.”
 
Koushirou could only shrug. Solving distance equations was a breeze for him. He really did seem to enjoy math, and it was definitely one of his best subjects, but Jou had all of them beat. He could do pretty much every kind of math calculation in his head, a skill he'd shown at a very early age.
 
“Hey, Koushirou, did you really mean what you said back at the orphanage?”
 
“Hm, what did I say?”
 
“You said that you would try to visit every week to act as that young girl's older brother.”
 
“You were around for that too?!”
 
“Yeah, and I was also there when you temporarily became a father.” Koushirou turned red while Mimi laughed at his priceless expression. “Okay, okay, I'll stop teasing you. Now, did you really mean what you said to her?”
 
“I suppose so,” Koushirou said while ridding himself of his slight blush. “That was the only thing I could think of at that moment to keep her from crying. A promise is a promise, and it would be very disappointing to her if I broke a promise like that.” He grew quiet and stared out the window. “I would hate having to grow up in a place like that, never having a real home…like my mother…”
 
Mimi thought back to how lonesome Koushirou's birth mother's life had to have been before meeting Koushirou's father, but figured that she had led a happy life once marrying. The car came to a halt in front of the school. The driver, though, kept staring at Mimi through his rear-view mirror, like she was some kind of a prize. Neither Mimi nor Koushirou noticed, as they were looking at the school.
 
“Here you are,” he replied dully, “Odaiba University.”
 
After the man announced the price, Koushirou dug through his pocket to give Mimi his half for the fare. He stepped out of the car, leaving her in it. He walked a little ways away from the taxi cab, staring up at the building and the beautiful school grounds, completely mesmerized. He'd actually never been on a university campus before. He was pretty much wondering what type of computer equipment the place probably had.
 
`Good, they didn't get out together…'
 
After Mimi finished counting out the money, she put the money into the little tray. The taxi driver, on the other hand, remained looking face-forward, and stuck to watching her through the mirror. She smiled to him. “Here you go, sir, and thank you for the ride.”
 
“You don't have to pay. I did promise you a free ride.”
 
“You were serious about that?”
 
“Of course,” he winked to her.
 
“That's very kind of you,” she responded hesitantly.
 
“Yes, it is, so why not stay back there while I join you? My schedule has just opened up.”
 
“Um…that's okay. I'll be happy to pay.”
 
“How about paying me with a little kiss?”
 
`Gross! This old geezer can't be serious! He has to be at least 40 or something!' The girl shuddered at the thought, and was actually starting to fear the man's advances. “Aren't you married or something?”
 
“What's your point? Even if I were married, I would still find something better. I prefer pretty young, school-aged girls. They're so pure and innocent,” he snarled.
 
“I'm getting out of here!”
 
“If you would like, we could find something else to do to compensate for this free ride.”
 
The man turned around, giving Mimi a look. He almost looked like he was a beast ready to pounce his prey. Koushirou was still a little ways off so he didn't know what was going on, and to those walking by, unless close up, it just looked like the two were discussing something. The driver just smiled dementedly as he saw Mimi, frantically trying to open the door on her side. The door wouldn't budge. That particular side had a special lock on it, which Mimi had forgotten. Usually, one would get in and out from the back passenger side, not the driver's.
 
Realizing that getting out on her side wasn't going to work, she tried to go for Koushirou's door, but the man used his free arm to push her back into the seat and pushed the button so that it would close.
 
“Y-y-you said that the button was broken!!”
 
“I lied,” he snarled. “Now, save all of that energy for later,” he told her with an evil smirk. He pulled out a long object, the sun shining off the top part of it. Mimi gasped. He only had the knife out enough for just Mimi to see, so that he wouldn't draw attention to himself. “If you don't want to get hurt, you'll stay put, and don't even attempt to try and get the attention of your friend out there, or I will definitely use this.”
 
She didn't know what to do, and was too frightened to scream out. With the girl too scared to even speak, the man put the car into gear, and took off. He only drove a few blocks and then turned off. Koushirou had heard the car screech and turned to see what it was. He saw the cab make the turn around the corner. He didn't really think much of it. “I wonder why he's in such a hurry.” Realizing that he was speaking to himself, he turned around. “Mimi-san?”
 
He asked a couple of people nearby if they'd seen a girl that fit Mimi's description, but they shook their heads. The girl's not being around, caused slight worry in Koushirou. He was positive that he hadn't done anything to offend her this time, and he couldn't figure out where she could have gone so fast. He thought for a moment, when something hit him. He looked down the road in the direction that the taxi had gone. He thought back to his map, realizing that the taxi had gone down an alleyway with a dead end.
 
“I wonder if she stayed in the car.” He shook his head. “If she did stay in the car, why?”
 
He didn't know why, but he started to get the feeling that something just wasn't right. He decided to head towards where the taxi had gone, but sent a text to Mimi's mobile phone first. When he didn't get a quick response, his sixth sense grew even stronger. He decided to phone the authorities, who of which said that they'd be right there. He was surprised that they'd even agreed to it, given the vague information, but that didn't matter too much to him at the moment. With Mimi on his mind, he continued running towards where the taxi had gone…
****
The lecherous driver was now in the back with Mimi, but he had left the knife in the front seat. He had taken something else out, but he had dropped that when he jumped into the back seat with Mimi. Whatever it was, it made a loud clanking sound. To Mimi, it sounded like something metallic.
 
The man had gotten in on Koushirou's side, leaving the door slightly ajar. He also cut off the engine, so that Mimi wouldn't try to let the powered windows down to escape. Mimi was now trying her hardest to get away from the dark-haired man, but he just wouldn't let her, and she had no way out.
 
“Don't act like that,” he told her gently, as he gingerly dragged her from out of the car, even though she struggled the entire time. “You ought to be glad that I chose you.” He carried her behind the taxi, so that he wouldn't be seen, and laid her on the rough ground. “You have such a radiant beauty that I couldn't wait any longer. I must have you now! It's like I'm staring at Aphrodite!” He stroked her hair. “Please forgive me for these unprepared surroundings. I just want a kiss, my love goddess,” he said while going towards his belt buckle with his free hand.
 
“Let me go!” she screamed and kicked at the man. “Leave me alone!”
 
The man pressed her down onto the ground, holding her arms, and forced a kiss on her. This angered the girl, and she broke one arm free and punched the man in the face after he'd stopped kissing her. He just smiled at her. “I like energetic girls. That makes you even more attractive,” he told her darkly. “The other girls never complained, but they weren't as worthy as you, either. This alleyway is one of many I use when I can't be bothered with going home, but I never expected I would come across such a lovely creature. The gods are blessing me. Your screams won't reach anyone because of all of the commotion at the nearby campus and even if someone did hear, I could always say you agreed to it. You were saving yourself just for me.”
 
Mimi tried to scream again.
 
“My love goddess, just go along with it. It will all be over in just a moment.” His grin grew wider as he started to rip Mimi's blouse open and positioning himself better, while trying to get Mimi positioned in a way he felt comfortable with. She continued to struggle. “You're so nice and pure…you're obviously untainted…and untouched…just what I love…”
 
He kissed her again muffling out her cries. Realizing that she was doomed, the girl closed her eyes, tears streaming down her face. She wanted it to be over and was telling herself that it was all just horrible nightmare and that all she had to do was wake up.
 
After the millionth forced kiss, he was about to try something a bit more daring, but he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head. After the quick pain, it caused him to slump down right on top of Mimi, a small trickle of blood dripping onto Mimi's blouse. The pain had caused the man to black out. Mimi felt very awkward with the older man on top of her, especially with what he was about to do to her, and it was quite obvious that he was definitely “ready”. That's what disturbed her most.
 
She started to push the heavy man from off of her while she felt someone pulling the man. She saw a certain redheaded boy doing the pulling. After pulling the man off of Mimi, he let him roughly drop to the ground.
 
“K-Koushirou!”
 
“Mimi-san, are you all right?” he asked her urgently.
 
She didn't say anything, but accepted the boy's hand as he helped her off of the ground. After doing so, Koushirou turned his head abruptly, his face going partially red. “Um….Mi-Mimi-san…y-your shirt.”
 
She looked down and realized that her pretty blouse was ripped in the front. She tried her best to cover herself by holding the torn blouse closed, but it didn't help. Her underclothing was still visible. Koushirou took off his jacket and handed it to her since her white jacket was a bit ripped as well. It was a little bigger on her, and she was able to close it to cover herself up better. “Thank you,” she murmured. The girl shook as she stared down at the immobilized man. She wasn't sure how to react to the situation she was almost in. What had surprised her even more was that it was only the late afternoon and he just didn't care.
 
Koushirou really wanted to say something to her, but didn't know exactly what given the situation. He didn't know how he should react or approach the situation either. Should he tell her that everything will be okay now? Should he act as if nothing happened at all? Should he hug her? The last thought made him a bit tense…hugging the girl. Either way, he still didn't really know what to do. The two remained standing there in silence until it was broken by police sirens.
 
“Good, the p-police is here.”
 
“The police?”
 
The officers ran down the alley towards the two. “Are you the ones who called us?” the first officer asked.
 
“I was the one who called, sir. I sensed something was wrong and by the look of things, I was right. I noticed that the taxi that my friend and I had taken drove off and went to a deserted area. I then noticed that my friend was missing, so I called it in just in case something had happened.”
 
While Koushirou was telling the story to the first officer, the three other police officers were investigating the scene.
 
“Hey, it's him!” the second officer exclaimed.
 
“Y-you're right! ” Sergeant Manabu confirmed.
 
“It's Doppo Fumio!” the third officer said in surprise. “We've been after him for a while!”
 
“You're looking at a reward,” Sergeant Manabu told the boy.
 
“A reward?”
 
He nodded. “There was a bounty put out on him and a reward offered for his capture. We've been chasing him for months, but he would always get out of our reach. Every time we received a good tip or lead, he would disappear before we could catch him. With what you told our officer over the phone, who then reported it to me, I found it very suspicious, which is why we took your call so seriously.”
 
“He always abducts young girls and attacks them in the most unpleasant of ways,” the first officer explained. “His posing as a taxi driver just to abduct unsuspecting girls sounds like something he'd actually do.”
 
“It's quite sickening if you ask me,” Sergeant Manabu said angrily. `Thank goodness he didn't get the chance to kill this girl. He always kills his victims after he's done with them or when they are `no longer pure'.'
 
“Excuse me, but was this man attacking you?” asked the second officer.
 
She nodded slowly and muttered out a barely audible, “Yes.”
 
“We better take you in to check you over,” the sergeant told her uneasily.
 
“No, no, I'm fine. He didn't do anything to me.” She looked over at Koushirou. “He got here just in time.”
 
“Young man, you should really consider yourself a hero!” the sergeant said proudly. “What you did showed that you are, indeed, a great citizen and asset to our city!”
 
“Um, y-yeah…” he managed to get out, unsure of how to react to the praise.
 
Doppo Fumio began to stir as other officers arrived on the scene to make the arrest. His speech was a bit slurred due to the hit he'd taken. “I-I didn't do anything. She is my love goddess! I was showing her my love! She offered her services to me to get out of paying, but now she's lying!
 
“Anyway, you should arrest that boy for interrupting our love session for battery and assault! He hit me with something!”
 
Hearing this angered Koushirou tremendously. He literally wanted to hit him again. When he first arrived at the alleyway, he heard the girl's muffled screams, and once he saw what was happening to her, Koushirou was literally seeing red. After hitting him that first time, he wanted to continue hitting him, but had to literally stop himself. Seeing Mimi in such a way made him want to protect her, although granted, he figured that most anyone would have in that moment. Mimi during all of this remained quiet, staring out into space.
 
The thing Koushirou had hit him with was a large, metal object, which was on the ground by the car. It was a big, heavy wrench that had fallen out when he'd opened the door earlier.
 
`I'm glad that I managed to go with my gut and I'm glad that I did manage to knock him out, even if it was temporary, but I didn't realize I had the strength to do that. I do know that if he ever touches or harms Mimi-san again, that I won't hesitate to hit him again! I don't usually resort to violence, but it was extremely necessary and what he was about to do was unforgivable!'
 
“You be quiet!” the sergeant told Doppo with a hateful look. He then instructed his officers to search Doppo's car for any other weapons. “I'm going to make sure that you never seen the light of day ever again!”
 
“You liar!” Doppo screamed at Mimi as he was forced into the squad car. He kept shouting obscenities about Mimi and how she'd deceived him.
 
After he was dealt with, the sergeant turned to his second officer. “Lieutenant Tsuya, I want you to take care of that girl over there. It would make more sense for a female officer to deal with this type of situation.”
 
“Yes sir!”
 
She took Mimi aside, who got her statement, and explained how she didn't agree to any of what Doppo had accused her of, and during that time, the sergeant was still speaking with Koushirou. After all had been discussed, Lieutenant Tsuya offered to take both Mimi and Koushirou home, as their statements had already been taken, and that given the situation, it would've been better to talk in a more comfortable atmosphere to ease the tension and to relax the victim. Koushirou figured that given the circumstances of how going home was definitely the best idea suggested. Unfortunately, before they could leave, news reporters had fled to the scene, bombarding them with many questions.
 
A lot of nearby people and Odaiba University staff and students gathered around, curious as to what had happened, but were blocked off by the police, given that it was a crime scene and asked to disperse, although many didn't leave. Mimi was still quiet over the entire incident and didn't give much of a statement outside of “yes” or “no”. Koushirou, on the other hand, gave statements when asked anything, but made it absolutely clear that he wanted to remain anonymous, meaning no photos of him and no mentioning of their names in any of the articles written, and that it would be a good idea to keep Mimi anonymous as well.
 
After they left the crime scene as discreetly as they possibly could, which wasn't easy given the crowd, in a vacant squad car driven by Lieutenant Tsuya, they rode in a deafening silence to the Nishimura home. Koushirou was the one to give her the directions. They all stepped out of the car. Lieutenant Tsuya wanted to speak with Mimi's guardians about what had gone on, but Mimi told the officer that she didn't really want to get them involved and that she would tell them in her own time. That aside, her folks weren't even home since they'd all went to visit her uncle's parents in nearby Saitama. No one seemed to be home in the other houses around either.
 
“I'll be fine, Lieutenant Tsuya. I'll be fine by myself.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
She forced on a smile and nodded. “I'm sure I'll be okay.” Koushirou wasn't very convinced.
 
The woman pulled out a card and handed it to Mimi. “This is my card. If you ever feel the need to talk, please feel free to call.” Mimi nodded. “Now, Mr. Izumi, I'll escort you home.”
 
“I can stay here. I can walk since I don't live too far from here. It's about a 30 minute walk.”
 
“Are you positive?” He nodded. “If you insist,” she finally said, realizing that having a friend around would probably be very helpful to Mimi. “Now, remember, we will have to speak further, Mr. Izumi, so an officer will be sent over to your home either later on today or sometime tomorrow. We have to discuss your reward.”
 
Koushirou glanced over at Mimi, who was, once again, lost in thought. He was wondering if it was actually worth it. “Um, you know, I don't really need any reward.”
 
“Nonsense! You helped to capture a major criminal! Young women and girls can now walk the streets feeling a little bit safer since our main attacker has been caught and put behind bars, and given the evidence, there's no way he'll get away with what he did and will definitely receive some type of a conviction!”
 
“Y-yeah, okay,” he answered her hurriedly. “I'll just go down to the station and speak with you there.”
 
“No need; like I said, we'll come to you since, at your request, you wanted to remain anonymous. We will contact you before coming over to your home with the number you provided.”
 
“My home?”
 
“That is okay, isn't it?”
 
“Yes, that's fine.” He was unable to come up with anything convincing for her not to come by.
 
“Great, we'll see you later then.” With that, the lady returned to her car and pulled off, leaving Mimi and Koushirou in front of the Nishimura home.
 
“Thank you for sticking around,” Mimi softly uttered to Koushirou lifelessly.
 
He didn't argue with her. He couldn't understand what was going through her mind. He wanted to try to comfort her, but didn't know what to do still. He couldn't even give her a pep talk, as it was usually her to give the advice and pep talks.
 
“Well, um…Mimi-san, how about I treat you to that meal now or we could either go catch the rest of the party.”
 
“No thank you. I would rather sit around here for right now, if you don't mind,” she told him sullenly.
 
“Okay, if you really feel that's best.”
 
He reluctantly walked away after Mimi had entered the big, empty house. He hated to leave her in such a state, but it was her wish, and decided that he'd grant her that at least. Koushirou couldn't help but wonder how Mimi would've reacted if the guy had actually gone a lot further with her. `She probably wouldn't be speaking at all…'
 
He, eventually, made it home. His parents were out as well. Since he had plans to go “study”, they decided to have a romantic outing together, given the day. Koushirou went to the living room, and slumped down on the couch, deep in thought over all that had happened that day…
 
Author's Notes
 
Note 1: I just described the hitch-hiking scene, and just thought I'd point out a couple of things. That man wasn't Sora's “cousin” in the original. The man actually picked up “Sora-chan” and “Mimi-chan” because they were cute. The boys he considered to be unnecessary baggage and treated them like crap because of it. He was also nameless for the original version.
 
When the rest of the boys failed at hitching a ride, and the girls put up their signs, the others were talking about how having those two trying to get a ride was a good idea because the guys would be all over them, or something equivalent to that, and I think that Koushirou was the one to say it.
***
Note 2: In the Japan, the taxi drivers can control the back passenger door. The driver has a button he or she pushes which opens and closes the door. The customer isn't supposed to open and close the door.
***
Note 3: This is just something random. In Adventure, in the episode when the children are back home and trying to find the eighth child, and Mimi and Sora were in Shiba Park and went to Tokyo Tower to cool off from the extreme summer heat, Mimi pretty much said that she likes to be “dainty” and relaxed and all that. In other words, she prefers to be comfortable, not “roughing it” if she can help it.
***
 
Fic Chapter Changes
 
No real changes, just changed up the way the cab was set up, the way the assault was done, changed some dialogue, and, like previous chapters, had the characters use their mobile phones.