Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ In The Begining... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1 - In the Beginning…

I wonder how long it's been. Since I… No, WE, began trudging through the wasteland of the digital world?

Looking behind me, I see Guilmon. He cocks his head at me wondering what's wrong.

"It's nothing, boy."

I tried to send him back to the others, Megidramon was my fault, not his (he barely had any recollection of it), but he refused. I know why he stays with me, it's the same reason I became his partner. D-Ark or no D-Ark, we need each other.

Wait… There… in the distance. Is that…? It is. Zhuqiamon's tower. Maybe Calumon's in there. I hope… What was that?

"H…Help, Takato…"

I spun to the direction of the voice and saw… Calumon?

"Calumon? What happened?"

"Big mean birdie tried to delete me. Wanted my data, said something about chaos."

Calumon phased then, his data was becoming harder to hold together.

"Calumon, NO!"

"Bye Takato, I want you to take my data, you were nice to me."

And with that, he disappeared into data.

"Guilmon. Load Calumon's data."

"I thought you said loading data was bad Takatomon."

"I know Guilmon, but Calumon wants us to have it."

"Okie Dokie."

Guilmon did as I asked, then we continued our hike.

"Takatomon, why are we still going to Zhuqiamon's house? We have Calumon, or at least his data."

"Because Guilmon, Zhuqiamon is the 'big mean birdie' that Calumon said tried to delete him. I'm going to teach him a lesson. I'll understand if you don't want…"

Guilmon didn't let me finish.

"NO! Guilmon and Takatomon stick together! Zhuqiamon shouldn't hurt our friends!"

I smiled my first real smile since Megidramon.

"Thanks boy. Let's go."

"Right behind you Takatomon!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So we kept walking. It was a difficult trek, but we made it. Guilmon seemed revitalized by Calumon's data. I think that despite his lack of attacks, Calumon was especially strong for an In-Training class digimon; after all, he survived at least one attack by a digimon sovereign in addition to escaping one before we found him. I think this had a similar effect on Guilmon as well. When we encountered that MarineDevimon, Guilmon made short work of him. And then we were there. Zhuqiamon's Castle. Surrounded by a incredibly deep ravine that seemed to stretch down to nowhere.

"I wonder how you get across?"

Suddenly a translucent pinkish bubble surrounded us and then it shot forward over the gorge. It panicked us at first, but when we realized it was not going to dump us in the chasm below we relaxed. The ride was long, boring, and uneventful. The doors were significantly harder to budge, but we managed. Once in the doors Guilmon guided us with his nose straight to the viral sovereign himself.

"So a lone human dares to come into my domain, delete my servants, and then has the gall to enter MY HOME!? This is my world, human! You will NOT trespass! Or at least you won't live to tell anyone about it…"

"PYRO SPHERE!"

"A rookie dares to attack a sovereign!? Hah! You are amusing little one. Under other circumstances I would have considered you for the title of Deva! But not today! DESOLATION BLAST!"

It was like everything was in slow motion as I watched the incoming attack. I did the only thing I could think of to protect Guilmon. I threw myself in front of him, between Guilmon and the blast. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain and the feeling of my body breaking. The breaking feeling came. The pain did not.

The next thing I knew, I was kneeling, looking down, left arm resting on my knee, right hand fisted and planted on the ground. I looked towards the big bird only to find him staring slack-jawed (at least as much as he can with that beak) at me.

And well he should have. I dropped my own jaw when I looked down at myself. I stood slowly, feeling like I had energy all over my body.

I'm a digimon?

WE'RE a digimon, Takatomon.

Who are we?

We're Gallantmon. ChaosGallantmon.


I looked down at us and like what I saw. A bright white hazard symbol on a burnished black suit of full body armor, sapphire blue shoulder plates with black trim. We also had a cape on which the blue and black were swirled in such a way that it looked like blue flames rising up into a starless night. Our head was covered in a black knight helm complete with a visor that was a blue rendition of Guilmon's face. I looked out through our now blood red eyes and grinned behind the onyx facemask.

Very cool. Let's teach him that lesson now.

Right Takatomon!


"Zhuqiamon… You will face a hellish demise for the horrors you have inflicted upon humans and digimon alike."

As I spoke I formed my arms into weapons. On my right arm formed a black lance trimmed in blue. My left arm became a shield. Its blue rim had ancient characters written glowing black. The rest of the shield had a set of eight blue triangles in a circular pattern and in the center of the circle rested Calumon's symbol in a deep, glowing, red. My voice sounded off as I leapt at Zhuqiamon. Then something came to me. An instinct?

"DEMON'S DISASTER!"

"BLAZING HELIX!"

The fight began. Both of use gave up on attacks early. We were blocking each other far too often for them to be used consistently. He would launch an attack that covered a wide area; I used my smaller size and faster speed to slip through. I used my pinpoint accurate attacks; he used his strength to shrug them off. We literally blew the roof off. So we went at it with the weaponry digital nature had given us. Beak and claw versus lance and shield. As we fought, a way to victory came to me. I charged energy quietly in my shield, but didn't release it. I had to wait for the right moment to strike. It came about thirty seconds later. I bashed Zhuqiamon in the side of the head with the Gorgon (correction by SerpentTreize - Neverwhere) shield. But instead of pulling back…

"JUDECCA PRISON!"

The attack took Zhuqiamon by surprise. Nearly took his head off too. He crashed into the wall and lay there, his data barely holding together.

"Well, finish it hybrid!"

"No."

"What?"

"I said no. I'm only going to delete you if you make me. And you're in no condition to do that."

"I see I was right about you."

A new voice entered our conversation. I looked behind me and up towards where the ceiling used to be. There, in all his majestic glory, looking every bit like the sovereign he was, floated…

"Azulongmon!? What are you doing in my quadrant!?"

"I came to talk to the human here, only to find you trying to kill him. ChaosGallantmon is the only one capable of the task I have in mind."

"And that would be…?" I interrupted.

"Destroying the Chaos. The D-Reaper, as humans refer to it."

"Why me? Why am I the only one? I'm just a fallen tamer."

"You are the one because you hold the Catalyst's data."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"The Catalyst, being the light of digivolution, the very essence of growth, is the only digimon capable of not facing instant deletion by the Chaos."

"So that was why Zhuqiamon tried to delete him…"

"Yes, but I don't doubt that the severe power increase granted tempted him as well."

So that was why it seemed so easy.

"Very well Azulongmon, I accept. How may I be of service?"

"First help me move our fallen friend there to a different quadrant, then I will explain more."

"Very well."

With Azulongmon's help I moved the unconscious Zhuqiamon on to Azulongmon's back before I leapt on myself. Azulongmon rose into the sky and we vanished in a puff of light to the eastern quadrant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was quite a bit later, and Guilmon and I had dedigivolved. We were waiting for Zhuqiamon to awaken. My saurian friend was taking a nap as well to recover his strength when a rather startling change came over him. His coloring reversed.

"Azulongmon! What's happening to Guilmon!? Why is he changing?"

"I thought this might happen. I've been watching you for a while young one. First the Megidramon evolution, then loading Beezlemon's data, and then becoming ChaosGallantmon. Your digimon has shifted permanently to his darker evolutions. Only loading the data of very good digimon would shift him back."

"I see. Will he change?"

"Other than shifting his digivolution line and his coloring I think not. The Catalyst's data protects his personality."

"Oh. One other question Azulongmon, if I may. Does Primary Village exist in this quadrant?"

"Yes… this is indeed the quadrant whose events are depicted in that T.V. program in your quadrant, identical to the smallest event and containing quite a few events beyond what you've seen, though admittedly they happened to other digidestined. Why?"

"If I go there, can you make Leomon, Impmon, and Calumon back into eggs?"

"Not Calumon. There is something about the data of the Catalyst that fuses it into the digimon it is loaded by. That's part of why the Catalyst cannot be deleted instantly by the D-Reaper."

"The other two then?"

"I will do that for you… If you do something else for me."

"What?"

Azulongmon sighed. "Do you see how dark it is?"

"Yeah, so, isn't it night?"

"While that is true young Takato, at this time the final battle with MaloMyotismon is taking place. I want you to get BlackGuilmon here to load his data when he's destroyed."

"Of course! At the end of the series Gennai said that MaloMyotismon wouldn't be reformed at Primary Village and refused to explain why! This must be the reason!"

"Yes, but you have some time before you go. There is something else you'll need."

"What?"

"This."

A digi-gnome appeared then and flew directly through my left hand. Where it passed through the mark of the Catalyst appeared on both sides of my hand and then a black, fingerless glove formed.

"That is a C-Ark, human, your new digivice. It has many capacities above and beyond the D-Ark you know, but you'll have to learn what they are later, we need you in position."

"Right. Show me where to go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

I sat on a ridge watching the fight between Imperialdramon and MaloMyotismon. It was really cool seeing my heroes in the flesh, much better than the phonies at the conventions. Then, when it was time, I pointed my palm at MaloMyotismon, the light of digivolution weakening him. Imperialdramon grabbed the cannon that appeared, took aim, and fired, reducing MaloMyotismon to digi-dust.

"BlackGuilmon…"

"Right Takatomon!"

Azulongmon was right, Calumon's power was protecting him. Despite his darker coloring, BlackGuilmon was still just the same bread-scarfing dufus he used to be.

Not that Jeri would ever believe that.

BlackGuilmon finally finished loading the data. While it would have been cool to talk to the Digidestined, Azulongmon had forbidden it, and besides, I would have been all tongue tied anyways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I laid the eggs and the note at the other tamers campsite I had to suppress a sob. This would probably be the last time I saw any of them again. Even if we all made it out of the D-Reaper mess, and that seemed unlikely, because of the Megidramon incident we would all avoid each other as much as humanly possible. As I finished placing my goggles in Rika's pack, I stopped and did one last thing. I kissed Rika on the cheek.

"Goodbye everyone, goodbye…"

I snuck out of the camp, and then stopped to look up at the world above, and it shined down onto me.

I looked down at my hand. My C-Ark. Black and Red.

Just like Gui… no, it's BlackGuilmon now.

*Are you coming back now Takatomon?*

*Yes, boy, I'm coming back.*


I still wasn't sure why BlackGuilmon and I could communicate this way, but Azulongmon said something about it being natural for two who were able to biomerge without a digivice.

Oh well…

I needed to get back to where Azulongmon and Zhuqiamon were waiting. ChaosGallantmon was good, but we still had a lot to learn.

A heck of a lot.