Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Magical Girl Mimi ❯ First Digital Assimilation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mimi: Ooh! In the last episode, I had just met Lillymon and learned the truth to the situation when an explosion elsewhere told us trouble had just started!

Lillymon: *nod nod* And who knew the bad guys were making their moves already!

SD-K-chan: *sweatdrop* Uuh, I think you've been around Mimi too long, Lillymon.

SD-Mimi: [too hyper, running in place] We can't worry about that right now! Sora-chan and Tai-chan are in danger!



MAGICAL GIRL MIMI

written by K-chan

Episode Two: First Digital Assimilation



Lillymon peeked out from her hiding place and scanned the inside of the slow moving city bus. Hiding in the girl's long hair, the fairy looked up and saw a frown on Mimi's face. After they had left Mimi's home in a hurry, they boarded the most available thing at the time, and right now, it wasn't very reliable. She noticed her human's face contorted into all sorts of expressions until she figuratively blew up, "STUPID TRAFFIC HOUR!!"

She turned around and hopped out of the bus, looking around frustrated for something to use, but started running down the street. Lillymon spotted something interesting and pointed, "Over there, Mimi!" The girl looked and smiled at the bicycles outside of an arcade.

"Perfect!" she squealed, pulling a bicycle out, but... it was locked safely to a railing. "AAARGH!" she growled and started to gnaw the lock off with her teeth, and Lillymon sweatdropped, noticing strangers staring at the girl oddly. When that didn't work, Mimi surprisingly yanked the transportation from the safety latch with sudden strength that left Lillymon's mouth hanging open and left eye twitching. "LET'S GO GO GO GO~O~!" Mimi sang and sped dangerously down the sidewalk, leaving a trail of smoke behind and sending screaming pedestrians airborne.



Minutes before the explosion at Odaiba Elementary School, a boy and a girl are passing a soccer back and forth to each other like their teammates inside the gym because it had been raining outside. The girl with orange hair looked bored when the bushy-haired boy goofed around with the ball, bouncing it on his foot, his knee, then his head, and finally to his foot again... and repeated the process with a big grin plastered on his face.

"Tai," she growled, hiding a pink on her cheeks, "As interesting as it is to watch you... PASS THE FREAKIN' BALL ALREADY!" Caught off guard by her scream, the ball hit the side of his foot instead and bounce elsewhere.

"I'll get it!" he announced, running after the ball. When he got a hold of it with his hands, he saw a shadow hovering over his form and looked up only to be freaked out by the sight of a teary-eyed man biting on a handkerchief, "TANAKA-SENSEI! WAAAH, YOU'RE DOIN' THAT AGAIN!" [It's a cameo of Tanaka-sensei from "Kodomo no Omocha"!]

"YAGAMI-KUN!" he wailed, weeping on his student's shoulder, "I saw the whole thing! What a distraction! That perfect display of control... all destroyed! HOW COULD YOU LET THAT HAPPEN TO YOU?!! Yagami-kun... we have a game in five days! CONTROL! FOCUS! BREATHE!! TRAIN!! SOCCER IS YOUR LIFE!! YOU GOT THAT, YAGAMI-KUN?!!" When he didn't get an answer, he looked around, but Taichi was gone from his sight, "Yagami-kun?!! Where are you?! Yagami~i~ku~u~n, let's practice practice practice... and PRACTICE!" He twirled on his tippy-toe like a ballerina and danced away in search of his star player.

The girl -- named Sora -- from earlier watched the scene indifferent to it and said, "Taichi Yagami, you are not a man." She glanced over her shoulder at Taichi, who had been hiding behind her and shuddering from Tanaka-sensei's freaky behavior. "What would Mimi say?" she teased.

"MIMI-CHAN?! WHERE?!" he perked up and looked around, "MI~MI~I~CHA~A~N! Where are yo~o~o~u?!"

Her left eye began to twitch as she watched Taichi go through a similar scene that Tanaka-sensei had just displayed to them. "Ta-Tai-chi-i," she grunted. Ten minutes were over, and the explosion occurred, shaking the gym and scaring the kids. All were knocked off their feet and panicking for their lives, which no one could really blame them for. It WAS a life threatening situation!

The ground rumbled again as the group tried to scramble for safety, heading for the lower foundations of the gym because they thought it was an earthquake -- since Japan did get earthquakes every now and then. Taichi helped Sora up, and they were about to follow their teammates when they thought they heard laughter outside. They blinked at each other and then sneaked out of the building to find out what that was about.

They opened the gym door and walked outside, trying to stay on their feet, and noticed that it had stopped raining. The dust and debri clouded their vision, but they could hear a loud voice booming over them, and when the scene cleared, they were faced with a giant, fluttering insect. "GIANT BUG!" they screamed, and Taichi added, "WHERE'S GODZILLA WHEN WE NEED HIM?!!"

"BUG?!" the monster bellowed, scaring the two, "I'M INSULTED! HOW DARE YOU!!" And in a sophisicated manner, he told them gently, "I am Kuwagamon, a high class, winged invertebrate..." His tone then changed to a menacing one, "WITH THE POWER TO DESTROY YOUR PUNY SELVES FOR CALLING ME A 'BUG'!!!"

He raised his huge claw at them, "RAZOR CLAW!" It slammed into the ground, creating a huge energy surge that rushed like a tall tidal wave at the two frighened kids clinging to each other. It never occurred to them that they could just run back inside the gym, but then there wouldn't be that last minute rescue...

Kuwagamon thought he had the kids killed, but after the cloud of rocky debri disappeared, he gasped, not seeing their lifeless bodies there. Then he noticed something had crashed into the dirt nearby the destruction, and it was the two kids along with another girl and a bicycle. The big insect was confused as to how it all happened, but Mimi quickly got on her feet, pointing to the monster, "YOU BIG MEANIE! YOU WERE GOING TO HURT MY FRIENDS!! I AM SO~O~O... LIKE MAD AT YOU!!"

"You tell 'im, Mimi-chan!" Taichi cheered, sitting up with Sora next to him.

"Mimi," she sniffled, "you... saved us?!"

"I don't get it," Kuwagamon scratched his head.

"Really?" Mimi blinked, "Okay, I'll show what happened." She ran off to the side and pulled back a cart with a television and VCR and and pressed the 'rewind' button. It rewound to when Kuwagamon was about to attack Taichi and Sora and played... while Kuwagamon, Sora and Taichi were sitting up front with a giant bowl of popcorn, and watched the explanation with awe.

Mimi paused it after the attack was made and played it in slow motion. "See... right here," she pointed to the screen, "I was rushing to them on the bicycle." And true to her words, she was pedalling like a maniac with this psychotic expression on her face. She sped towards them, holding out her arms to grab them each, and the vehicle continued at high speed until it hit a bump, causing the three to fly forward from the bicycle.



<< EYE-CATCH: Mimi gets knocked out by a soccer ball to her, and Taichi panicks, running to her because he was the one who kicked the ball, while Sora glares at Taichi in the background. >>



"So that's how it happened!" Kuwagamon said amazed at what he had just seen.

"Yep!"

"That was a nice stunt, girl," he commented as he reached for the popcorn bowl but found it completely empty, not even a kernel left. He glared at them, more specifically Taichi who was stuffing the last handful into his mouth. "YOU LITTLE NUSIANCE!!" he shouted, flying into the air.

"I AM NOT A NUSIANCE!" Mimi yelled back, insulted by a remark that wasn't even directed at her, "YOU MEAN BUG!! EEEWE, AND I HATE BUGS!! THEY'RE SO CRAWLY AND ICKY!!" She shuddered, showing him how much she didn't like bugs and not realizing the danger she was in, and her words and actions only added to Kuwagamon's current anger.

"Mimi! Don't get him angry!" Sora warned, but her friend was too preoccuppied with the beast to listen to anyone else.

"Don't worry," came Lillymon's voice, "Mimi'll handle him." Sora looked over to her side and saw the flying fairy. She yelped and ran over to Taichi, who blinked at the small creature. "Hey, don't treat me like that!" she said, fluttering in front of their faces, "I'm here to help me stop that thing." The two of them were gaping at her, and she sighed, "Just sit back and watch." She then flew off to Mimi who was now in a pinch, trying to dodge Kuwagamon's Razor Claw attacks.

And funny, how the panicked girl was escaping those attacks unscathed (overlooking the fact that she was the heroine of the story). "MIMI!" Lillymon cried out, soaring through the air right for her friend. She managed to grab onto the girl's hair and shouted, "Mimi, you have to use the Digital Key!"

"What about it?!" she said hastily since she was a little busy right now. The claw attack sliced down a tree, and the air pressure sent Mimi flying away to the ground.

"Do you still have that coin?!" the fairy asked. Mimi nodded, taking both the key and coin out of her capri pockets. She was about to ask what she was supposed to do, but Lillymon began to glow and soon merged with the Digital Key and in a flash, the key became a decorative rod with a pink heart at the top end. And in the middle of the heart was a circular space that was perfect for... Mimi looked at the coin, and it dawned on her to just stick it in the space, even though Lillymon didn't really explain it to her, but she didn't have a choose.

She inserted the coin just in time when Kuwagamon's claw flew over her head and embedded into a wall behind her. She screamed and ran away, leaving a stuck bug by the wall. While he was trying to get his hand free, Mimi concentrated on the rod. "Okay okay," she whispered, unsure of what to do with it now, but the coin began to pulse with a green light and words slowly entered her mind as she closed her eyes to listen to them carefully.

A moment later, her eyes snapped open, and she stood up confidently, holding the rod with both hands before her. "As Guardian Tamer, I call upon the Digital Monster... LILLYMON! Lend me your powers and guide me into victory! DIGITAL ASSIMILATION!"

Swirls of green light appeared from the rod and spiraled around Mimi's body, changing her outfit into something that was familiar on Lillymon, and when the transformation was complete, Mimi emerged from the light in Lillymon's own outfit that she usually had, including the wings on her back. She wore a confident smile, "You're goin' down!"

Kuwagamon was able to free his hand and was not pleased with the situation. He charged at her, but Mimi flew straight into the air and hovered over him. His beady black eyes glared at her as he summoned his (final) attack... "RAZOR CLAW!" he roared.

Mimi's hand became a cannon just like Lillymon's, and she countered with, "FLOWER CANNON!" The beam shot out, and the two attacks collided. Kuwagamon had been worn out early, so it was unfortunate for him that the power was not enough against her attack, and the beam just blasted through his own and slammed him to the ground on his back.

At this victory, Sora and Taichi ran out from their defense fort of rock and dirt mounds (that Kuwagamon had unintentionally created from his attacks) and cheered, doing a victory dance. "It's not over yet," Mimi said and called forth the Digital Key in rod form (from subspace because she didn't have it in her hand after her Lillymon transformation) to her hand. "DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION!" she commanded, and the weapon became the giant mallet (from last episode). She flew down straight to a helpless Kuwagamon and... BAAM! She struck his head with the mallet, and after the poof, all that was left of him was another silver coin that Mimi quickly pocketed after she detransformed from being Lillymon. The Digital Key returned to its original form, and Lillymon the tiny fairy emerged from it.

"Great job, Mimi!" the pixie smiled, "I shouldn't have doubted you at all!"

The girl was in tears, staring at her small friend sadly, "Lillymo~on! You doubted me~e?!!!" Lillymon sweatdropped, hoping to change the subject, but was soon thankful that Sora and Taichi overwhelmed her with hugs and praise.

"I don't know what's goin' on," Taichi began, swinging Mimi around after Sora pulled back, "but will you marry me!"

With a throbbing vein on her head, Sora bopped him with a mini-mallet and growled, "Tai no baka, you guys are only twelve!" She then chased him around, but they were all friends so it was in fun. Mimi watched her friends, laughing at them, when suddenly they heard a familiar voice that belonged to...

"YAGAMI-KU~U~N!! SORA~A~CHA~AN!!" sang the man as he skipped through the gym doors with open arms. The three kids freaked out while Lillymon watched on with amusement from her place in Mimi's hair. "AND MI~MI~CHA~A~N TO~O~OO~!"

"TANAKA-SENSEI?!!" they screamed and ran off.

Lillymon giggled and remarked, "What an interesting human."



Later that evening, Mimi was snoozing away peacefully in her bed, but who could blame her when she had a long rough day of battles. Lillymon sat on the nightstand, watching the girl drift away in her dreams, with a satisfying smile on her face. Her ears twitched, and she flew over to the ajar door and peeked down the hallway, listening to the phone conversation that Mimi's mother was having with...

"Hi Sora! How are you?" the woman said. "I'm sorry, Mimi's asleep right now. She must be really tired! Of course, I'll tell her you called, dear. Good night, dear." After that Lillymon retreated back into Mimi's room and flew over to a warm spot on the frilly pillows. She made herself comfortable, grabbing an edge of the covers, and pulled it over her small form. She took once glance at the wall that used to have a hole through it and smiled before following Mimi to dreamland.


TO BE CONTINUED...


Mimi: [looks speechless] I'm... so speechless...

SD-K-chan: *sigh* Mimi, you can't be speechless when you just spoke.

Lillymon: [looks thoughtful] I have to say Mimi looks really cool when she assimilates.

Mimi: *LOL* HAHAHA!! I DO, don't I!! *big grin*

SD-Lillymon & SD-K-chan: *sweatdrop* ...

Mimi: [already calmed down, back to her err, normal self -- which is questionable] Well, it looks like everything's back to normal... and what do you know, the weekend's over, and I haven't done ANY shopping!

Lillymon: But don't relax just yet... There's some suspicious guy at your school, and hedoesn't seem to like you very much.

SD-Mimi: [freaking out] WHAT?! THERE'S SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE ME??!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS?!! IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT!! EVERYONE LO~O~OVES MIMI!!

SD-Taichi: [pops into the scene, pointing to his nose, which is at himself] I love Mimi!

SD-Sora: [pops in too, bopping SD-Taichi on the head with a mini-mallet, and grumbles] We ALL know that!