Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Meet Tyler and Sara ❯ Meet Tyler Jones ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Hello, my name is Lewis Joiner. Yes, I gave my real name because it doesn’t matter to me if people find out or not. To start off, I will be introducing two new characters of my own design, as well as their digimon, for the digimon franchise. MAYBE I’ll do a rough sketch on them and put them in the art department. I stressed the word “maybe” because I can’t draw that good. I’m pretty sure there are people out there just as bad as I am, though (no offense). Please do not throw stones at me if my stories come up a little short. I have a lot of ideas that run through my head all of the time, so they tend to mix within themselves. More than likely, I may not write any lemon fics, I’m not writing any yuri, and I’m DEFINITELY not doing any yaoi. As I’ve said in my profile, why anyone would want to see two men go at it is way beyond me. Of course, I will be doing romance stories and other types. I just tend to stay away from the oddness. If any of the words I type down happen to be misspelled, that’s because this is a weird computer and it tends to leave out letters I want to put down. Either that or I didn’t proofread carefully enough. By reading this, I’m pretty sure you think my stories will be a complete bore. Think what you want. If I ever do write a lemon, it will be STRICTLY male-female deal. Plus, I won’t be too explicit, but just enough to whet your brain a little, depending on how you take it. Anyway, I’m taking up too much time here, so on with the biographies!


Disclaimer: I own nothing from Digimon. Tyler, Sara, and their digimon, as well as Asmodaimon, are MINE!




Chapter 1


Meet Tyler Jones




Tyler Jones was born May 30, 1988 to Derek Jones, a black American tea maker and renowned martial artist from Texas who moved to Japan to spread his business, and Nadia Takagawa, a local Japanese farmer’s daughter from Kyoto. They lived in the countryside of Tokyo next to a large craggy mountain. Needless to say, they were very happy, and though they weren’t rich, they had a good amount of money to live on. Derek and Nadia loved each other from the first day they met, which was at an open grocery market. (A/N: I don’t know the exact term for those types of markets that have the goods sitting on the outside.)
That loved continued even when they got married after two years of dating. Nadia’s father liked Derek not only because he was smart enough to come to him first to ask to date his daughter, but also because he was wise enough to wait for the marriage to take his daughter’s innocence. Not only that, in the short time that he was there, Derek learned the full aspects of the Japanese culture. So not only did he speak it like a second language, he could also read and write kanji, katakana, and romanji. So when Tyler was growing up he had no problem fitting in at school.
Daily life at the Jones’ home was pretty interesting. When Tyler was three years old, Derek started training him in the ways of the martial arts, starting at ground level. Derek was renown because he knew almost every martial art style known to man (except Marine Corps martial arts, which he refused to learn when he was in the service). At age five, Tyler had enough experience to move up part of the mountain. Due to the rigors of training, Tyler’s body was well defined for a five-year-old, so he didn’t have too much trouble making it up the first hill of the mountain. The mountain itself was pretty interesting. There were small clearings at certain points, each higher than the next. The very top one nearly scraped the clouds. Derek promised Tyler that their training will end when they reached the very top of the mountain. Tyler, of course, was not disappointed. That meant they could run down the mountain to test each other’s speed like they’ve been doing every level.
Tyler’s whole life wasn’t all about school, chores (every kid hast have those), and training. The family did other things as well, much like a normal family which consisted of going to theme parks, having picnics, seeing movies, and other things. Like I said before, this was a happy family. Nadia was a good housewife, Derek was a hardworking husband, and Tyler, though he wasn’t a perfect kid, he was very obedient. And the family loved each other.
Of course, every story has to have its tragedy. Following the month of Tyler‘s eighth birthday, Nadia contracted a rare disease that infected her heart and was killing her slowly. The doctor said it may have come from something she ate, or from living out in that part of the country that she was in. Derek and Nadia beheld it not to be true, because they would not have been there if it was so. There was a report about mad cow disease going around at the time, and sure enough, through careful examination, that was the cause. It affected her differently than anyone else with the disease. Instead of attacking her stomach, it attacked her heart. In turn, she only had about six months to live. (A/N: I have NO idea what part of the body mad cow disease attacks.) The only reason Derek and Tyler weren’t affected was because of their training. Derek offered to train Nadia, but she politely refused, stating what kind of wife she would be if she was able to beat up her husband.
So for the next six months, Derek and Tyler took the utmost care for Nadia. They did what she wanted to do, which wasn’t much because she didn’t have almost anything she wanted to do. She was happy enough being a housewife. The time for the six month period was slowly approaching. On December 12, at 6:45 pm, Nadia died a happy wife. On her deathbed she stated that she had the best life any woman could have. She had a great father, a great husband, and a great son. With her dying breath, she asked Derek for one last kiss. As Derek kissed her, he felt her lips go cold and still. When he looked up, she was already gone, but she left with a smile on her face. Tyler was there the whole time, crying silently.
Derek and Tyler moved to Odaiba the following year. The house by the mountain was sold, along with the land that Nadia was buried on. Her grave still sits there, since the people who moved into the home were superstitious people, and were afraid of voodoo if her grave were to be removed. Derek, who was having a hard time coping with the fact that his wife was gone, was beginning to become desperate. All of the training that kept him level was slowly slipping out of the window because of his longing for a wife. Tyler noticed this and tried to console his dad, but Derek’s grief was too great.
On the night of the Parrotmon/Greymon fight, Tyler was sitting outside reading a book. His neighbor, Joe Kido, was outside as well trying to talk on his cell phone. Tyler ran over to him to see what was wrong. The phone was acting real funny, because the digits were going haywire. Tyler looked at his digital watch and noticed that it was doing the same thing. He looked down and saw the two monsters going at it, and noticed that a boy named Tai Yagami and his sister Kari were in the middle of it. Tyler silently prayed that they would make it out okay. After that fateful night, Tyler’s life was changed forever.
Two weeks later, Derek came home with a lady Tyler didn’t recognize. His first impression was she was a Japanese gold digger out for his dad’s money. Admittedly, she was friendly with Tyler…perhaps a bit too friendly, especially with the kiss-the-cute-kid bit. Needless to say, they were married the next month. Tyler was a mixture of negative feelings; one that was pretty much apparent was betrayal. Betrayal because he was promised that their training would end on top of the mountain. Betrayal for his dad not loving mom anymore, even though she was dead. Betrayal because Derek was losing his mind and choosing a woman out of nowhere. No matter who Derek picked, there was no one that could match his mom. Tyler’s grief turned into anger slowly, but he never showed it in front of his dad.


Digimon Adventure: Meeting his partner

During his fifth grade summer, Tyler, now age 12, went to summer camp with the other seven original digidestined. There, he met Tachikawa Mimi, who was a year younger than him, and instantly took a liking to her. Tyler was a bit shy to say anything to her, despite being quite muscular. You all know the part about the tidal wave and them going to the digital world. Anyway, once in the digiworld, Tyler met his partner Caimon, a small green reptile that looked like a large baby caiman (A/N: If you don’t know what a caiman looks like, google it). The two shared an immediate bond with each other. In the fight with Kuwagamon, Caimon digivolved to Smilomon, a silver Galapagos lizard with the head and neck of a king cobra and an attack called Venom Blast in which he shoots a spray of venom from his mouth, and helped the other digimon defeat Kuwagamon. Smilomon later digivolved again when the children were separated from each other by Devimon. He and Tyler encountered a Monochromon near the edge of a cliff near Primary Village, which was where T.K. Takashi happened to be. Monochromon was being controlled b a Black Gear from Devimon, which resulted in him attacking the two. When he made a rush for them, Tyler and Smilomon dodged out of the way in two different directions, which Tyler was promptly knocked off of the cliff by Monochromon’s tail. As he was falling, his digivice activated, and Smilomon digivolved to Dracomon, a giant dark silver quadruped dragon with shining silver wings, two long black pointy horns that stuck straight up, and a sharp tail. Despite having a bulky frame, he was quite agile, and was capable of flying at great speeds. He flew down and caught Tyler midway through his fall. Afterwards, he flew back up to Monochromon to face him again. Unlike most dragons that breathe fire, Dracomon had an attack called Missile Wing, in which four missiles from each wing, which were similar to Ikkakumon’s Harpoon Torpedo, would shoot out of openings that would form on the outer rim of the wings. These he used on Monochromon and since they had a semi-homing capability, the Black Gear was easily destroyed.
Dracomon later gained a new power called Armageddon, in which an immensely powerful silver beam erupted from his mouth. At the same time, he also gained the ability to digivolve to his ultimate level, Moondragomon. This time, he was a biped silver dragon with a ninja outfit on that was similar to Ryu Hayabusa, with a few alterations in which the entire uniform was dark blue, but the silver plating was kept. He had a red scarf that covered his mouth, much like Shinobi, and black shin guards and toe boots. His sword was called Moonblade (ironically), a long straight sword that shined silvery blue. This was slung across his back and it had a crescent moon on the hilt as an ornament. His most devastating attack is the Moon Beam, in which he charges his hands with power, and fires a giant bluish white beam. He has other attacks as well, which will be named in different stories.


Tyler’s Power and Dracomon’s Digivolution


Tyler gained a type of superhuman ability himself that day. The digidestined were captured inside a castle next to a beach somewhere on the continent of server after getting their tags and crests, and were on their way to battle Myotismon. The lord of the castle was Asmodaimon, a giant half peacock/half bull monster. Smilomon gained Armageddon when Tyler was lost in the woods fighting off a band of Goblinmon that Asmodaimon sent to find him. During the battle, Tyler started glowing silver, which shined to the point that the Goblinmon had to shield their eyes. This burst of energy caused Smilomon to digivolve to Dracomon, which confused everyone because Tyler wasn’t around. Dracomon gathered the energy and used Armageddon to blast a hole in the side of the castle. With everyone in tow, He set off towards the beach with Asmodaimon in pursuit. Tyler was flying there as well, having dispatched the Goblinmon with his sword. He was now brimming with power to the point that he looked like a silver ball skimming through the air. He met Dracomon and the others at the beach by following Dracomon’s energy signature. Using his energy, he helped Dracomon digivolve to Moondragomon, who defeated Asmodaimon with a Moon Beam attack.
As time went on, Tyler developed his powers more and more from training. Unknown from him though, his life took a drastic turn for the worst while he was at summer camp.


Living by himself


When everyone came back from the digital world in pursuit of Myotismon, Tyler brought Smilomon home to show to his dad. His dad taught him not to keep any secrets from him, or something bad would happen in the future. Tyler didn’t want to take that chance. When he got home, no one was there, not even his supposed step mom. The house, which was usually clean, was in disarray. Clothes were hanging on the couches, dirty dishes overflowed the sink; in the bedrooms the beds were a mess of bed sheets and more clothes, the bathtub had dirty water in it, and the sink had slime dripping out of it. The only room that hadn’t been touched was his room. Tyler didn’t understand what happened at all, until he found a note pinned on his bedroom door which stated that his dad and his step mom got into an argument which resulted in her taking all of the money, and having him kicked out of the country. The step mom never told the authorities about Tyler, though. Since Derek was immediately banned from Japan, he didn’t have time to get his things, so they were still there. This news was the biggest shock to Tyler since his mother died. With tears in his eyes, and a worried Smilomon in tow, Tyler started packing up his belongings, however much he could take, and got ready to move to a foster home. Before leaving the apartment, he searched the place one more time. He went into his dad’s room and looked around. As he did, his eyes fell onto an old tattered book under a pile of clothes. He picked it up and looked at the title. It was his dad’s tea recipe book. A light bulb went off inside his head. By utilizing the recipes for tea, he could make enough money to live off on. So he started creating the various types of tea in the book and sold them in open markets. In time, he made enough money to live on. Before school started back up, he spent a lot of time in the library reading books about finance, tax laws, and product marketing. He asked people about bill paying and money saving; all of this and he still had time for his friends. Tyler became a very smart person by the age of 15, and he was still living by himself, much to his friends’ surprise. He even got the courage to talk to Mimi, and they dated for a while, until she moved to America.


Digimon Adventure 02


Tyler joined the new digidestined along with Kari and TK. Later on, he met Sora’s cousin Sara, who was a digidestined as well. The both of them met the first time between the first and second seasons, but I’ll elaborate on her in the next chapter. Worry none viewers, she’s the same age as Tyler, so don’t get any ideas. In this adventure, Smilomon of course couldn’t digivolve to his champion form. Using the digiegg of Loyalty, he was able to armor digivolve to Weredragomon, who, much like Moondragomon, was a biped but was much smaller than his ultimate form; he was close to 9’ (about 8’11”) with full silver metal armor on that covered him from his chest down to his feet, he had short green hair that was plaited into many braids, an earring in one of his dragon ears, a stout dragon face that showed of many battles, an impressively muscular physique that didn’t slow him down, brown sunburned skin, two strong wings and a strong tail. He carried with him a heavy war hammer with a long handle, along with a short sword by his side. His best attack comes from his awesome strength which is called Ground Buster, in which he either stomps or punches the ground, creating a small earthquake that knocks his opponent onto his back. He has projectile attacks as well, but he’s more of a strength user, so he uses the war hammer in most of his fights.
Tyler and Sara join together for their digimon to DNA digivolve to Stardragomon. Again, I’ll elaborate on this digimon in later stories.


Tyler’s appearances


Age 3-5: Short blond hair neatly braided in six braids, well toned physique, tanned skin, can usually be seen wearing a sea green shirt, brown shorts with many pockets, and brown boots.

Age 8-11(Parrotmon/Greymon fight): Longer blond hair tied back into a ponytail, well toned physique, lighter skin due to being inside most of the time, can usually be seen wearing a red button down shirt, black slacks, and black loafers.

Age 12: Short black hair (he dyed it), slightly muscular physique, most of it being hidden muscle which showed when he got his powers, slightly darker skin, can usually be seen wearing a black skin shirt, beige slacks, and black Sketcher boots.

Age 15: Longer black hair done in many braids, skin still slightly dark, bigger muscular frame due to training with his powers, can usually be seen wearing a light blue button down silk shirt, brown slacks, and white tennis shoes, sometimes has black open finger gloves.

After the defeat of Malomyotismon and up: Long black hair neatly braided and pulled back into a tail, hard muscular physique, dark skin, can usually be seen wearing a gray button down shirt tucked into a pair of black slacks, black boots, and sometimes wears a pair of sunglasses.

Personality: Tyler has a very outgoing personality, but tends o be shy at certain times. He has a bit of dark humor, and gives a lot of sarcasm. Due to training and certain events in his life, he has become more mature than the rest of the children, often being the voice of reason and the muscle of both groups. He rarely grieves over anything anymore, and when he does, it’s not for very long. His crest is the symbol of Loyalty, which is a sort of an S shape with the curving parts being curled in many times. His attribute is silver, as well as his powers, which is based off of his energy. Like his crest, he is very loyal to his friends, and will do anything to see them safe.


Well, this is the end of Tyler’s little biography. I’m not sure how you’ll take to the way I typed this, and I’ll probably get some negative feedback. Next up will be Sara Takenouchi. I haven’t fully developed her yet, so it might be a bit of a wait on her. Plus, since she’s with the new destined, her biography won’t be very long. So ends my speech. Tune in next time when I create pot roast out of fried eggs! Just kidding. See you later!