Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Merry Christmas ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The clock stroke twelve and it was officially Christmas day. In most houses, there were trees with lights, and presents rested neatly under waiting to be opened when the family awoke that morning. In one house though, there was no tree or presents. There was no sign that it was Christmas time. Nor was there a sign that the family who lived there celebrated any other winter holiday like Chanukah or Kwanza. Two children stirred from their sleep, each in their own rooms.

They awoke and laid still in their beds, listening for a sound. A sound telling them whether the parents who slept just down the hall were awake at all. After minutes of waiting and listening, they both found it safe to come out. Under their beds, in secret, lay one present for the other. They quietly remove the present from the under-bed and left the room in which they had slept. The sneaked down the hall, where they met and only nodded to each other as the continued walking to the dining area. The farthest from the parents layer.

The two children sat by the chimney. Each whispered to the other and giggled at the others jokes. They told each other of how they wish Christmas was like. They kept in a whisper, for they feared their parents. The two children never feared anything but their parents. For if the two adults caught them here, in the middle of the night, on Christmas day, death would be, but a blessing. They sang a soft Christmas carol. How they wish that Christmas was better. But, they had the night…and the night they would have.

And when the clock stroke five, the children's smiles vanished. Their parents would wake soon and start every other day. Their Christmas was coming to an end before their friends had even began. They would go back to pretending to have a family and to be like all other siblings. Life would go on like it had every Christmas before. Yet…they saved the best for last.

They switched the presents they had hid under their beds for days. And the eldest opened first. In the box, was a Christmas tree made of popsicle sticks, paint, little colored cotton balls, and beads. On the top was a silver star made from a piece of aluminum foil. On the back was written the words 'Happy Holidays'. She smiled at the younger one and nodded. It was his turn now

In the box, laid a little snow-globe. When he shook it, snow fell on the little plastic people that lived in side. Two were throwing snowballs at each other, another was building a snowmen, and the last with an ax in hand was cutting down a tree. He then turned it upside down, and turned the knob. The snow-globe played a carol. The music from the globe was still playing when the two siblings hugged and walked back to their rooms. But not before saying:

"Merry Christmas Dai…"
"Merry Christmas Jun…"

***************************************

Author Notes: Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon.