Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Feelings ❯ Greatest Fears ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Mixed Feelings 9

Greatest Fears

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon and if I did, this is how season 2 ended.

"Cody!" Noriko shouted, pressing her palms on his chest trying to stir him. "Cody! Cody, please speak to me! Cody!"

Cody's eyes opened half way and he stared at her blankly. Though he tried, he couldn't say anything.

Noriko bit her lip. She didn't want to do. Should she call the police? What would she say? My friend has been attacked by a kid who changed into an evil digimon? Who would believe her story? Soon she came to a panic.

'Think, Noriko,' she told herself mentally, 'think! Cody's going to die unless you do something!'

"What do I do?" she demanded herself out loud. "I don't know what to do!" She pulled her hands to her head. "It's Christmas…I can't believe this is happening! Some holiday this hand turned out to be!" She remembered about Cody's cell phone in the car. "Cody's cell phone…" she stood up and bolted for the car as fast she could. She tore open the passenger door and fumbled for Cody's cell phone. She thought of someone to call. "Darn…who do I call? Joe, yes…oh, what's the number?" she checked his speed dial to see if on was there and fortunately it was. She pressed the button and waited for Joe to pick up. It was his cell phone and he had to have it with him.

Good Ol' Reliable Joe answered it on the first ring. "Hello?"

"Joe!" she cried. "Thank goodness…I need your help! Cody's hurt!"

"Noriko?"

"Yes…this is Noriko! Someone has been following me and when we left TK and Kari's party Cody and I went to find him." She started to explain her plight quickly without making much sense. "Cody had me wired and my stalker turned out to be one of the other kids with the dark spores! He changed into an evil digimon and attacked Cody! You've got to get over here!"

"Calm down, Noriko," Joe said. "I can't understand what you're saying. Can you tell me what happened again more slowly?"

"I can't explain it all right now. Cody's hurt bad. Just get over here and I'll explain it later!"

"Okay, where are you?"

****

Joe and Gwen showed up within ten minutes. Gwen comforted a crying Noriko as Joe checked Cody's vitals and did first aid.

"Is he going to be okay, Joe?" Gwen questioned.

"I'd better take him to my office," Joe said. "I have more supplies there."

"Joe?" Cody blinked.

"Don't move, Cody." Advised Joe. "You have a couple of broken ribs."

Cody winced, "it was one of the kids with the dark spores. They're changing. You have to protect Noriko and warn Ken. Don't let them get to the digital world."

"What?" Joe asked.

"It's happening all over again," Cody said, squeezing his eyes shut. "Another Christmas of evil digimon and chaos…all over again…it's never going to end…we--"

Cody passed out. Joe took him to his clinic to give him injections for the pain. He called the rest of the team over and told them to bring their digimon. Matt and TK were unreachable for they were already on their way to France.

"The evil digimon used to be one of the kids with the dark spores?" Davis asked, quite disgusted.

Joe nodded, "That's what Cody said before he passed out."

Ken bit his lip, "and as if being the digimon emperor wasn't bad enough."

"Ken, don't say that," Yolei said.

"I can't help thinking about it," Ken moaned. "That's been my greatest fear. I don't want to turn into something like that."

"How did they get like this?" Sora asked.

Joe shrugged. "Maybe it was a side effect of the dark spores."

"The digiworld," Nuriko whispered.

"Huh?" everyone turned to her as if they forgot she was even there.

"Noriko?" Kari said.

"Robby--that's why he's been following me all the time."

{Author's Note--We don't know who all their names are, so made one of them up. Picture the boy who looked up at his parents and thought insects when they were saying what a genius he was. My memory of 02 is fading.}

"He told me to stay away from the Digiworld," Noriko explained. "If I go to the digiworld I'd become like him. He--he was crazy. He followed me and I ran away. Cody stopped him and he told me to hide in the car. I don't know what they talked about. Then the kid changed into a monster and attacked him!"

"Stay away from the Digiworld, huh?" Davis asked. "Well that's easy enough."

"But it's the other kids we have to worry about," Tai said. "WE gotta make sure they don't go over there."

"Why would he say those with the dark spores can't go there?" Izzy inquired.

"He must've told Cody about it," Noriko said. "He wouldn't let me stay. Robby kept saying it was coming. Like he said in my dream. It's coming…it's coming and no one can stop it."

"I don't believe that," Davis said. "We're the digidestined and we ARE going to stop it!"

Kari grinned, "oh, Davis, I didn't know you had it in you!"

He blushed, "yeah…well, I did it before and I can do it again." He looked up at his digimon on his head. "Right, Demi Veemon?
"Right, Davith!"

"We'll get to the bottom of this," Davis said.

As always, Izzy had his laptop on him. "I can probably see where the children are now with my laptop."

"Izzy, you can do anything with your laptop," Tai said dryly.

Izzy chuckled, making him cough phlegm unto his screen. "Oh no! There's evil--oh nevermind…" he used the sleeve of his shirt to clean the screen. "Gross."

"We'll have to wait until Cody wakes up so we know what we're dealing with here," Mimi said.

"We can't just hang around here!" Davis exclaimed, "We've got to stop that thing!"

"But that thing is a kid!" Noriko shouted. "You have to find a way to change him back without killing him."

Davis groaned. "Man…this…this stinks!"

"This probably isn't what you want to hear," Ken began, "but if it was me, I'd rather you kill me that let me kill everybody."

"You're right," Yolei said, "we didn't want to hear that."
Cody groaned and tried to sit up. "Cody!" Noriko exclaimed. She put her arms around him. "Be careful."

"Where's Upamon?" he asked.

"I'm right here, Cody," Upamon said, jumping.

"You have to digivolve," he said. "We have work to do."

"Izzy, don't be silly!" Noriko told him. "You can't go anywhere in your condition."

"The others could be changing right now," Cody said. "Or going to the digital world. There's no telling what will happen to the city. It would be like fighting a bunch of Black War Greymons at once!"

"Cody, what did that guy say to you?" Ken asked.

"All the kids with the dark spores have to stay from the digital world. When we destroyed Malomyotismon his data remained in the digital world. It infected other digimon and it will infect anyone with a dark spore if they're exposed to it. The data is searching for hosts. We'll have to get as much help as we can."

"Fine, but let someone else do it," Noriko told him. "You're already hurt."

"We'll see what we can do," Tai said. "Let's go everyone!" Everyone besides Cody and Joe started to follow him. "Uh, Izzy, maybe you should stay here."

"What?!"
"You really don't look too good," Tai explained.

"But I--oh I hate being sick!" Izzy roared and started to have a coughing fit.

***

TK and Matt arrived in France and went to check on their grandfather. He was beat up pretty bad. He had bandages wrapped around his head and arms. The blanket was pulled up to his throat.

"Grandma," TK whispered when they walked into the room.

"Boys, you're here," she said.

Matt took one look at him and cringed, "I never saw Grandpa look so bad."

"What happened?" TK asked.

"He was driving his motorcycle to see the lights while I was making dinner," she explained, "he ran over some black ice and lost control. He ended up with a few broken bones. When the ambulance found him he was pinned over his motorcycle. I told him he should wear his helmet!"

As Matt patted her back, TK was ever so positive.

"Grandpa will be all right," TK said. "I know he is."

"Mademoiselle I got you some--" said a familiar young French voice, "oh, hello."

"Catherine?" TK asked, his eyes wide.

"Monsieur TK?" she said, blinking. She had a Styrofoam cup of coffee in her hand and wearing a long sleeved green velvet dress, matching beret and her blond hair fell around her shoulders. Matt noticed his little brother couldn't stop staring. He didn't even blinked. His mouth was even partly opened and his cheeks turned pink.

'This is sweet,' Matt thought.

"Catherine found Grandpa and called the ambulance," Grandma Ishida said.

{Author's Note: I really don't know which side their French grandfather is on. Does anyone know? Is it their mom or dad? They both have Japanese names! How could they have French grandparents? I'm guessing it's their dad…maybe he was adopted or something.}

"Really?" TK asked.

"Yes," she said. "He was just down the my street. You see, he was also coming to drop off a few Christmas gifts. I saw him crash outside my front window."

"How do you know each other, TK?" Matt asked.

"Uh, she's a digidestined," TK said shyly. "Tai and I met her when we met the digidestined around the world, remember?"

'And I got sent to Mexico while my kid brother went to Paris?' Matt thought.

"Oh, thank you, dear," Grandma Ishida said, reaching for the coffee. "French Roast with sugar?"

"Just the way you like it, ma'am," Catherine said.

"You should go home now."

"But--"

"Really, Catherine, it's been a long day and you've done so much already." Grandma Ishida explained. "I'll just stay here for the night."

She sighed, "all right. I'll come back tomorrow."

"Thank you, dear."

"I'll just get my coat," Catherine went to the closet to get her coat. Matt nudged TK, making him blush. As Catherine reached for his coat, TK took it.

"Allow me, mademoiselle," TK said, holding it out for her.

"Thank you," she sighed and she put her arms through the sleeves. "Care to escort me outside?"

"Sure."

She put her arm through his and left the room. TK looked over his shoulder to Matt with an unreadable expression.

'Ah, I see he takes over me,' Matt thought.

*****

"It's been so long, TK," Catherine said as they walked to the elevator. "How are you?"

"Oh, I'm good," TK replied. "How are you?"

"Quite good. What do you do?" They came to the elevator and TK pressed the button.

"I'm in college now, studying to become a novelist."

"A novelist? Why, how wonderful! I'll look for your name in our book stores."

"Thanks. What about you?"

"I'm in college too," she replied. "I'm not sure what I want to do yet. I think I'll become a seamstress. I made the dress I'm wearing."

"No way!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, it was an assignment for class," she explained. "I didn't expect it to come out so good. I must have a knack for sewing."

"Matt's girlfriend a fashion designer," TK stated when the doors opened and they walked onto the elevator. "She could send you a few of her designs and you can make them."

"Sounds good." she said.

There was a small moment of silence.

"How's your friend you came with? Monsieur Tai?"

"He's doing very good. He's in politics."

"Oh my. Interesting. Tell him I said hello."

"I will."

The doors opened and they stepped onto the floor, chatting a bit as they headed for the doors. Catherine stayed close to TK when the cold air greeted them.

"What a chilly night," Catherine said, buttoning up her coat, wrapping her scarf around her neck and pulling on her gloves. She grabbed his arm again and they resumed walking.

"How did you get to the hospital?" he asked. "Taxi?"

"Oh no, my father is a car salesman," she explained. "I own a Lamborghini."

"Man!" TK exclaimed.

They reached her car and TK looked it over. The car was just prefect. Good snow tires, a personalized listened plate that read 'BEAUTIFUL', some bumper stickers and tinted windows.

"Sweetness!" TK cried. "Can I check under the hood?"

"Sure."

She opened her door and pulled the lever and TK opened the hood to see inside it. "Wow, seems like it's in good condition."

"The best."

"Can you turn it on?"

She nodded and started the engine. TK loved how that baby purred. Catherine rolled down the window and giggled. "TK, you act like you've never seen a car before. Don't they have cars in Japan?"

"Yeah," he put down the hood. "But not like this. A lot of people use the subway."

"Do you own a car?" she asked.

He shook his head. "Nah. I don't have the money. It's not easy being in college learning to become a novelist."

"Don't worry, TK. I'm sure you'll become a great novelist." She smiled. "And you won't have to use the subway again."

"You think so?" he bent down and rested his arms on the door.

"Absolutely," she told him. "You're amazing, Monsieur TK."
TK blushed at the compliment. That's something Kari would tell him. "Thank you."

"If you'd like," she started, "We can go for a ride around Paris tomorrow evening."

"Seriously?" he sounded excited. An evening ride around Paris in a red Lamborghini with a beautiful French girl, he'd be crazy to pass it up.

"Of course," Catherine replied.

"Okay then. Let's do it." He stood up right and put his hands in his coat pockets.

"Tomorrow."

"Yeah."

She rolled up the windows, turned on the music and pulled out of her parking space. TK watched her leave in the hot sports car. "I gotta tell Matt!" He hurried back to the hospital to tell Matt.

"So, who's the girl?" Matt demanded when TK came back to the room. They left their grandma with grandpa.

"I told you," TK said, "She's another digidestined."

"That's all?" they were walking around the hall.

"Yeah. Her digimon is Floramon."

"You remember anything else about her?"

"Like what? We didn't get much time to get to know her. She was kidnapped in a big palace."

"How come you didn't tell me about her?" Matt asked.

"I didn't go to France to meet girls," TK said. "We had jobs to do."

"Did ya kiss her?"

"What?"

"Just answer the question, TK."

He blushed, "Okay, I did…but only because Tai did!"

"Tai kissed her too? And he had problems accepting me and Sora?"

"Hey," TK said, "we were just saying goodbye. I didn't expect to see her again. And it was on the cheek, not the lips!"

"Would you kiss her again?"

"Matt! I'm dating Kari!" TK bit his lip.

"What were you two talking about?"

He shrugged, "this and that. What we're doing now, how were are…then she showed me her car. It's a Lamborghini! She's taking me out for a ride tomorrow evening."

"Oooh! How romantic!" Matt laughed.

"It's not a date, Matt!" TK grumbled. "Just…a…well…an experiment."

"An experiment?"

"Yeah. I want just want to know what it's like to ride around in a Lamborghini."

"Okay, sure. And how will Kari act when you tell her that?"

"The only thing she'd be jealous was that she didn't get to ride in it too," TK said. "But I'll get her some post cards."

"You're so thoughtful, TK."

"Be quiet!" TK exclaimed. His face was red from both embarrassment and anger. "Honestly, do you have to treat me like I'm still a kid?"

****

As the digidestined were on the evil digimon's trail, Izzy picked up on something. "That weird place between the real world and the Digiworld."

"Huh?" Joe asked.

"Cody, do you remember how you got in that place between the real world and Digiworld?" Izzy questioned.

Cody shook his head. "It happened when Malomyotismon left Mr. Owikawa's body. That place was weird. Everything we wanted to happen…just happened. It grants wishes."

"I think that's where everyone should go," Izzy said. "They've got to make a wish."

"What kinda wish?" Joe asked.

"A wish to save the kids with the dark spores," Izzy replied. "If I can just find it, then we could win."

TBC