Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Music's Flame ❯ Part One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Music's Flame
Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon or the Heralds of Valdemar series'.
Warning: Shounen ai, AU, violence, a little OOC, maybe eventually a lemon, I screwed with their ages
Pairings: Taito, Kensuke, Takjun, one-sided Sorato, others to be determined
Summary: Digi/Valdemar fusion. To Yamato, his life seems meaningless. Can something or someone happen in the young Bards life to make him feel differently?
AN: This might be easier to understand if you've read Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar series'. It doesn't actually go along with the actual timeline 'cause I still haven't read a few of the books and it's just the way the plot'll work out.
~*~*~
Music poured from his fingers as Yamato Ishida gave himself over to the music. To anyone who looked at him he was the picture of perfection. Immaculate golden hair falling over half shuttered blue eyes, experienced fingers traveling over the strings of the lute, scarlet robes contrasting with the paleness of his complexion.
Perfection...
Sora Takenouchi couldn't help but sigh over the blonde man. Yes, man. For though the Bard was only 18 he acted much older, like he had the entire world resting on his shoulders. He had been promoted to Master not more than a .month ago, though he was still a bit young and many of the other Bards were quite jealous. He had all three of the qualifications of being Bard. Talent, creativity and the all important Gift.
The court women all made sure to attend his appearances, both to ogle and the young man and to enjoy his considerable skill. Of course Yamato had quite the male following as well. There were those who were openly shaych (AN: slang for shay'a'chern. Means they're gay. I'll use this term latter on in the story so....) and those who had only an interest for his music.
But in all the time that Sora had been at court, not once had she seen the blonde with a love interest. Male or female. Of course this only caused many of his admirers to throw themselves at him harder in hopes that eventually he'd catch them.
Sora herself wasn't one of these creatures. She knew love and it couldn't be forced. So she admired him from afar, waiting for the day when the Bard would finally notice her
"She's watching me again, isn't she?" Yamato sighed as he placed his lute in it's case. He looked up into laughing blue eyes so much like his own as he tried to ignore the numerous giggles and stage whispered praises.
"Yup," the messy haired boy laughed. "At least she isn't always flirting. Remember the time that Lady Latrine snuck into your be and you threw her out totally naked? That was such a scandal. I do believe there are still people talking about that."
Yamato glowered at his brother, not at all amused at the mention of that rather embarrassing situation. "I do not want to think about that right now. I'm going to have enough getting out of here unscathed without having to think about the possibility of finding an unwanted guest in my room." He stood, slinging the case over his shoulder and started toward the door. Takeru trailed beside him and some of the girls stayed away, taking into account his brother was with him and they could have been discussing family matter. But than there were those who were not so considerate. Yamato turned to his brother and said in a low whisper: "Now why don't you return to your duties, Queen's Own. I'm sure that the Queen is in need of your assistance."
"Ah, but Jun is much to busy with a few friends at the moment. Alas, my lady love needs some time away from me," Takeru mocked a miserable expression as he whispered back to his brother. "I may be an all important herald and Queen's Own but I am not always needed in her majesties presence. Besides I am still a trainee. It will still be a couple of months yet before I will be fully able to assist my queen."
The older blonde smirked. "Are you finally admitting that her entire world does not revolve around you?"
"Oh, but I never believed it did."
"Sure, sure," Yamato snickered as they left the room and started down the passageway, towards Bardic Collegium. They had been able to make it out without being mobbed and for that, Yamato was glad. But than it just meant another night spent alone in his rooms with nothing but his music. Which was fine for a little while, but to go on nothing but the loneliness for years was not what he called a fulfilling life. True, Takeru was always visiting, ever since he had been brought to the collegium to train as a Herald.
Yamato had been the first of the pair to come, after a Bard had heard him sing. They had instantly realized his Gift and than when became apparent he had the other two qualifications he had been packed up and brought to Haven. It had been left to Takeru to take up the place of heir, and he had done so with no complaints despite his true wishes. Than while visiting, the slightly younger blonde had been chosen. And that had turned his families lives upside down. After a year of arguing it had been decided that the estates would go to a close cousin since his mother could no longer produce and heir and his father refused to remarry or commit adultery.
At first he had been ecstatic about becoming a Bard. But then he had had troubles. He had the strongest Gift at the Collegium, his ballads were better than average and he had mastered the use of every instrument he had been able to get his hands on. The other trainees had become jealous, even his room mate. Now it seemed that he had only his brother and the girls who fawned over him. And having the Queen's Own as a brother only caused more problems. People thought that his promotion had been favoritism. That he hadn't really deserved it and his brother had asked the Queen to promote him earlier, when in fact he had worked himself to exhaustion to achieve all he had accomplished. And the girls didn't really love him. It was infatuation. Nothing more. They saw a pretty face, not what went on behind it.
Yamato jumped as he felt a hand placed on his shoulder. He looked over to see his brother watching him with a concerned expression. He gave the Heraldic trainee a small smile.
Takeru sighed and shook his head. "You really have to get a life Yama. I know that's asking a lot of you, but you need someone to talk to. You can't be the lone wolf for the rest of your life. Everyone needs someone."
"I'll be fine," he told him. His brother did not look convinced.
"Sure, but listen, I have to get going. I don't even want to think about what Daisuke's done while I was here. I couldn't find anyone to keep an eye on him while I was here. He's probably picked everyone's pocket by now."
Yamato's brows shot up and he smiled slightly. "I was there when he was brought in by his companion. He was practically laying across his saddle because he didn't know how to ride. How was it again that the two of you became friends? I seem to remember when you used to come to me complaining about how he had stolen this or that from your room."
Takeru brightened at his brother change in mood. "It's a long story. He improved his riding skills and now he's as well educated as I am. Though he'll pretend he's not. He's coming up for promotion the same time as me. Would should both have field duty at the same time."
"Where do you think they'll be sending you?" Yamato didn't like the idea of sending the blonde too far away. Takeru had been the only thing keeping him from going insane from the loneliness. He was not looking forward to the time that his brother would be gone.
"Not sure yet," Takeru bit his lip, considering things with the same seriousness he used with everything else. "Probably somewhere near enough to Haven that I can be summoned if there's an emergency and Jun needs me. Daisuke on the other hand.... I have a feeling they're going to send him out near the borders. He's really tough despite what a lot of people think. He's had to deal with violence when he was on the streets. Besides I think some of the Herald's just want to get rid of him for a little while. He's a hand full to deal with for four years strait."
Yamato nodded as they came to a stop at his suit and opened the door. Takeru waved at him as he took off for the Heralds wing. Yamato watched him go, his mood slipping again.
He wished he could be as happy as his brother. It may have been more friendly here than at home, but he's still very alone. There was only so much of the loneliness that Takeru could take away. Everyone was right. He really did need to get a life outside of his music.
With a sigh, he turned into his room, back into the darkness that was his life.
TBC
~*~*~
Shade: Had this on my mind for a couple monthes now, only now just writing it. I've read about three Valdemar/Gundam Wing fushions but never Valdemar/Digi. I'll be screwing around with alot of the timeline for the actual Valdemar series. I also took liberties with their ages. Ken'll actually be about the secound oldest of the group.