Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Never Like This ❯ Back To You ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm glad people like this => I actually didn't expect it to be as… celebrated. o_O Hmm. Oh well, I'm certainly not complaining! I hope this chapter is as good as the last few… Daisuke goes off to find Takeru and, er, finds somebody else, too.

I woke up the next morning to sunlight burning in my eyes. The heater was running and the apartment smelled familiar. I snuggled up on the couch for a while before remembering I had to find my boyfriend and find out if he was even still my boyfriend.

Great.

Slinking around the apartment, I found my clothes and got changed. Yamato was still asleep, so I figured I'd be nice and make breakfast. I'll return the favor and thirty times over, man.

Pancakes are on the table and I'm finishing the eggs when Yamato staggers out of his room. He flops down at the table and yawns, giving me one of those dirty 'I know I look like shit because I just woke up, but don't say anything about it' glares. I beam instead and plop a fried egg on his plate.

I haven't cooked anything for a while besides that bland stuff they made me poke at in the shelter. That wasn't really cooking, anyway. This is real cooking, and I'm happy because I like to cook. And it tastes good, too, so that's even better.

"So where was Takeru yesterday?" I idly mention around a mouthful of pancakes.

Yamato swallows and helps himself to a drink of orange juice before responding. "Eh, out with some friend of his… Otayo or something like that.."

I blinked and stop chewing. After a minute, I remember I have food in my mouth, and swallow. "Otayo? I don't know any Otayo."

Yamato nodded and shrugged a bit. "Me neither, I've never met him. I know they've been hanging around a lot lately, though. Right after you left."

Suddenly I feel cold and dizzy and shove my plate away. I have to swallow hard to keep from vomiting up what I just ate, plus all the dinner I had last night. Shakily rising, I head back over to the couch and sit down. I can hear Yamato asking if I'm okay, but it sounds like I'm underwater.

"Fuck," I mumble, sagging onto the couch and raising a shaking hand to my forehead.

Yamato suddenly pulls my hand from my eyes and puts one hand on my forehead and the other on my cheek. "Are you okay? Daisuke? Are you sick?"

"I…" Swallowing hard, I shake my head. "Did Takeru leave me?"

The blonde tilted his head to the side slightly. "For this Otayo guy?"

"For anybody! Yamato, did Takeru leave me? Does he love me anymore?"

"Of course he loves you," Yamato leans back away from me. "Is that what's wrong?"

"God," I mumble, relaxing slightly. He still loves me. "I'm extremely emotional right now for some reason. I've been so damn whiny lately... I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me."

"You're gonna have a nervous breakdown if you don't be careful," Yamato stood up and went to clear off the breakfast dishes. "Trust me, Daisuke… Takeru isn't exactly happy with you, but he does love you."

Sinking back against the couch, I sighed. "I didn't even think when I left. I didn't exactly realize that I would be leaving Takeru. For some reason, that thought just didn't occur to me. Not until yesterday, anyway."

"What happened yesterday?"

"I tried to call him and he wasn't home. And suddenly I realized… that I had no idea where he was, and he had no idea where I was, and neither of us had known for a month. I just… got scared." I grinned. "I burst into tears in the middle of the sidewalk."

"Did you really?"

"Yeah. I don't know. I wanted to cry so bad and I finally just broke. It's kind of funny now, actually."

"No it's not."

"Sure it is. I sound like a damn moron when I cry, and here I was in the middle of the sidewalk surrounded by strangers… heh heh heh."

Yamato shot me a look, but I didn't really pay any attention. I don't know why I bother trying to laugh things off around him anymore… he knows when things really bother me. "So are you going to see Takeru?"

"Yeah… I'm going later today."

"You should go pretty soon, he might have plans."

I glanced at the clock. "Maybe I should just call him…"

"Or maybe you should show up at his door after being gone for a month. I'm sure he'd be very glad to see you."

"I hope he is," I mumbled, standing up and stretching. I found my bag and dumped out all of my clothes, deciding to change into something that would make me look the way Takeru always used to say I was - sexy and cute at the same time, untouchable but tempting to strip.

I tugged on my old soccer shirt over a long sleeved shirt and slid a zip-up hoodie over it. I decided on the tan cords instead of jeans and stepped back, studying myself in the mirror. It wasn't until now that I realized just how much weight I'd lost. My cords didn't fit anymore. I always wore a belt, but now I seriously needed one. Mildly disturbed, I resolved to weigh myself tomorrow morning and get back up to my normal weight by the end of next January.

Faced with the no longer (technically) homeless version of myself echoing back at me in the mirror, I narrowed my eyes critically. I needed a haircut, and I needed to get some serious sleep to get rid of the bags under my eyes… but at least I looked fairly like myself. I felt like myself, anyway. I stopped to wiggle my toes in the carpet before putting on my socks and boots.

Yamato glanced up from the dishes and raised one eyebrow at me. "Going for that sexy, yet cute, untouchable, but tempting look?"

"Gee, how did you know? Did I pull it off?"

He leaned against the sink and tilted his head to the side. "Yeah. You look good, if… well… thin."

"I know," I frowned. "I think I should be careful when Takeru hugs me, I might stab him with my ribs or something."

"You don't look too bad, really… your clothes just kind of hang more than they really should," he scowled. "Oh well, you can gain the weight back now that you're home."

"That's what I figured."

"Good luck," Yamato called after me as I slid out the door.

I needed it.

I paced the hall in front of Takeru's apartment for a full two minutes before growing the balls to knock. (Re-growing, I guess, although I don't know when the hell I was castrated of my courage.) I waited and waited and finally I figured he wasn't home now, either.

Just before I stepped away to leave, I heard the lock sliding back and the door opened.

And there he was. The guy I was in love with was standing in front of me, shirtless and his hair all messed up. He must have just gotten up. Christ, he looks good in the morning. He always has.

And then those beautiful blue eyes blinked at me a few times before his mouth fell open. "Daisuke."

I nodded.

He didn't move, instead grabbing for the door. "What… where did you… where did you come from?"

"Umm. Well, it's a… long story?" I grinned slightly. Why did he have this look of horror on his face? What was wrong? I didn't look that bad, did I?

"Where were you?" his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but the horror didn't go away.

"Er. Tokyo. I went to Tokyo."

And suddenly I realized why that horror didn't go away. Something moved inside the apartment and Takeru shot a nervous glance inside.

"Oh my God." Now it was my turn to look horrified.

He didn't just wake up.

He was just-

"Oh my God. Takeru."

He swallowed. "Daisuke, I'm sorry… but… you were gone and…"

"Takeruuuuu," came a whine from inside. "Who is it?"

"It's, um. Just a second." The blonde turned back to me and shifted uneasily. "Daisuke, I'm really really sorry. I didn't know where you were and I wasn't sure if you'd be coming back or… I don't…"

"Takeru?" that whiny voice floated out, but this time it was followed by the person who owned it.

I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach - repeatedly. This guy was taller than me and he was more built than me… he was hotter than me. He grinned lazily at me and put an arm around Takeru. "Takeru, who's this?" he asked, and I tried really hard not to notice how he trailed his fingers gently across the blonde's bare chest and scraped a nail over his nipple. Too late, I noticed it. Fucking PDA. Just grope him in front of me, why don't you.

"This is, uh, Daisuke. Daisuke, this is Otayo."

I swallowed hard. "I should… go."

"You should," Otayo nodded, wrapping his other arm around Takeru.

If I wasn't numb, I'd have punched him.

I turned and walked off without another word. Takeru was with somebody else now. That's not right. Takeru was mine. Mine. That fucking asshole touched my boyfriend.

Except he isn't my boyfriend anymore.

"Daisuke?"

I turned slowly and looked back at Takeru. Please. Please kick him out and bring me in from the cold and kiss me and tell me it's okay. Please.

"…Happy Birthday."

"My birthday was yesterday, Takeru." He didn't even remember my birthday.

So I left.

Please R&R. Otayo is a bitch! I don't like him. ¬¬