Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ New to Fate ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi! I'm back again! I know you all missed me! Or just very eager to read the next chapter. Well, here it is! And sorry for being repetitive in the story, it was just the way I had to put it. Any ways, enjoy!

Disclaimer: These dumb things. Well, as you all should know, I do not own Digimon, if I did, there would probably be a character in there that's supposed to be me, and then I would get T.K. but I don't own Digimon so there is no character that's me. You really should be relieved, I have an overactive imagination and sometimes conceited AND a little crazy soo…it's for the best this way. I repeat, I don't own Digimon. Just making it clear.

Chapter 2 - New to Fate

2 months, 3 weeks, 6 days and 4 hours has passed since he had gotten the courage to ask Kari out and now she was his girlfriend. He should have felt great, elated even. But he didn't. He felt really guilty. He had never felt this way before. He didn't know why he felt this way.

Actually he did. It was T.K. He felt responsible for causing T.K.'s depression. It wasn't a feeling that he felt comfortable with. Even being with Kari didn't ease his conscience, and he forgot everything when he was with her.

Davis could still remember that day when his complete joy was tainted with a dark cloud. He had waken up early to get ready to ask Kari out. That had been a miracle, considering the fact that he always slept in and basically ignored his alarm clock. He didn't know why he had an alarm clock for that matter. He spent the longest time in front of the mirror making sure his hair was perfect.

He arrived at school and sat on the steps to wait for Kari. After a few minutes, he could see Kari coming towards the school. She had looked so beautiful, like some kind of goddess walking among her people. As she came closer, his courage fled. He felt like running away but he couldn't move a muscle. Taking several breaths, he started down the stairs slowly. He met her at the foot of the steps. "Hi Kari," he said. Then he was quiet. They stood nervously in front of each other for several minutes, when Davis finally spoke up.

"Wosakfhncos?" he mumbled. Kari had to ask him to say it again. * Argh! I sounded like an idiot! I couldn't even say a stupid sentence * he thought. "Wouldyougooutwith me?" Davis asked again. Kari smiled. He almost didn't hear Kari tell him to repeat what he said, yet again. Davis was too busy thinking up terrible scenarios in his head. ~I'm sorry Davis, I can't go out with you. T.K.'s my boyfriend.~ ~Sorry Davis, I'm in love with T.K.~ "Huh? What? Oh right! Would you go out with me?" Davis asked, once again. Kari nodded. "Oh my god! Really? You really want to go out with me? I can't believe it! Am I dreaming?" When he calmed down considerably, he took Kari's hand. "May I kiss you?" Kari nodded and closed her eyes. Davis leaned in and his lips met hers. He didn't know what it was, but fireworks went off in his head and after their kiss, all he could see were stars (A/N: o.k., o.k., this was dumb, but I needed something).

After the stars faded, he noticed Kari blushing and he looked around and saw a whole group of people watching them. "Way to go, Davis!" "Oooo." "Davis and Kari sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N…" "Hey! Stop that! How would you like to get your face punched in? Go away!" yelled Davis.

As the people started to leave, he saw Kari staring at someone. He turned to see what she was looking at. It was T.K., he was just standing there, his accusing eyes on Kari. Then T.K.'s gaze went to him. Davis just smirked at him, daring him to do something. T.K. glanced at Kari one last time and walked away. Davis didn't think it was that important. He thought T.K. would get over it. But he didn't, did he? T.K. was holding a grudge against him and Kari. He hadn't talked to them since that day.

Kari seemed to have forgotten that incident so they had walked to class. But T.K. hadn't been in class, or the day after that. He thought T.K. would understand, so he stopped thinking about it.

That night, he took Kari out to see a movie. She chose a romantic film. He had wanted to watch the new action movie but he decided not to say anything, he wanted to Kari to have the best first date with him. After the movie, they took a walk through the park. Stopping near a river, they had sat down to watch the swans. Kari had then asked him why it took him so long to ask her out. He stumbled through his explanation of how he had thought T.K. was the one she wanted. * Why can't I say something without embarrassing myself? * Standing up, Davis said, "Come on, let's go before Tai comes out to look for us, I don't want to end up dead." They walked to Kari's apartment peacefully, holding hands. At her door, he gave her a kiss and left to go home.

When he got home, he fell in bed and thought about the day. He was truly happy, but yet he still felt something. Something that nagged at his mind like crazy. Jun interrupted his thoughts as she walked into his room. "Don't you know how to knock? I can't get any privacy here." "I can walk anywhere I want." Jun said haughtily. "Not in my room, you can't! Why did you come in here anyway? I thought you said you would never come in here for anything, not even if Matt was in my room." "If Matt was in this room, then he must have gone nuts, no one in their right minds would want to come in here." Said Jun, looking in disgust at the mess in his room. "Then what the heck are you doing in here?!?" "I just thought you would appreciate it if I came to tell you that your girlfriend is on the phone." Jun said snottily. "Like I would ever appreciate anything you do" "I have no respect in this household, none at all," Jun muttered, walking out of his room.

"Well, what did you expect? Everyone to be kissing your feet?" muttered Davis as he looked for his phone. "Found it!" "Hello?"

(A/N: I thought it would be easier for a conversation on the phone to go this way.)

Kari: Hey Davis.

Davis: So, what did you call me for?

Kari: I just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed our date.

Davis: Yeah, I did too.

Kari: And I wanted to talk to you about T.K.

Davis: What about him?

Kari: T.K.'s mom called me and told me that T.K. has been sleeping all day.

Davis: So? What's so wrong about that?

Kari: T.K. isn't the type to sleep all day. He likes to be up and about.

Davis: Maybe he was just tired.

Kari: He's never like this, Davis. I'm really worried about him.

Davis and Kari talked for a while and then hung up. Davis fell back on his bed and thought about what Kari had said. He now understood what that nagging in his mind was about. It was T.K. He sighed, why did his life have to be so complicated?

"Mr. Motomiya. If you would kindly come back to Earth and join the class." Davis looked up. "Huh?" Everyone laughed. He was thinking about his problems so hard, he had spaced out. "Oh sorry." "Alright class. Now that Davis has decided to join our class, let's listen to our new student introduce herself."

Davis looked up and was met with a surprise.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And now, for the part you've all been waiting for…drum roll please…introducing our new character, the new student you've all wondered about, Nasuki Henasako (As you can probably tell, I just made up this name.) And now! On with the story! Oh, and by the way, this new character is NOT me! As much as I would like it to be, now is not the time, maybe my next story, but definitely not now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This sucks. Not only do I move as far away from my friends as I can get, I can't even talk on the phone with them. Dad has a new job that pays more and I can't make long distance calls. And today of all days, why did we have to move in the middle of a school year? Now I have to go to a new school where I don't know anyone. This is just great. How nice.

I can still remember what Mom said. "Wouldn't this be fun, Suki? You can meet new people and make new friends." No body asked me if I wanted to go. No, we just got up and go. Wouldn't it be fun to take Suki away from her friends, her home, everything she knows, and put her in the middle of a place where she knew no one and see how she struggles? They all said. Mom is too optimistic.

Sure, it was great for HER, she used to live her and know people here. And now she decided to take it upon herself to make my life "worthwhile" by setting me up with her friend's son. Yup, this is just great. I can meet a total stranger that I hardly know, who could be an absolute idiot for all I know, and pretend to like him, just to humor my mother. And what's so bad about that? Once I tell her how "great" the so-called date was. She'll have us engaged by the end of the week.

Why do I put up with this anyway? This is causing me more stress then a math test. I'm going to go out there and tell her that I'm not going to be set up like this. You can do this, Nasuki Henasako. You were born a fighter. Just go and get it over with. Go!

"Mom?"

(A/N: As I said before, this is easier to read)

Mom: Yes Honey?

Suki: Umm…about my date…

Mom: Oh! I'm so excited! This is going to be so much fun.

Suki: * This is going to be harder than I thought * Uhhh…Mom? I don't want to go.

Mom: Have you decided what to wear yet? What about your…what did you say?

Suki: I said I don't want to go on this date.

Mom: What? I went to all this trouble to get you this date and you don't want to go?

Suki: I never said I wanted to go in the first place.

Mom: Well, forget it young lady, you are going on this date and that's that!

Suki: Like the way we moved here right? We had to move and I had no choice in that.

Mom: What are you talking about? I thought you wanted to come.

Suki: No, YOU wanted to come. I wanted to stay in Richmond. Where my life was!

Dad: Don't use that voice with your mother.

Suki: You're already on her side. Don't I have any choices? Fine, maybe the move wasn't so bad but I don't need to be set up with anybody. I don't care how cute and nice you say he is, I am not going on that stupid date!

Dad: Nasuki!

Suki: * I'm in trouble now. * I mean it, I'm not going to go.

Dad: You will go on that date and you will enjoy it. Your mother went to all the trouble to do this for you, you should appreciate it.

Suki: See? I'm going to go out with a complete stranger, and you say that's a good thing? What if he was some kind of pervert?

Dad: If he was, your mother wouldn't have set you up on this date.

Suki: How much does she know about him, personally?

Mom: I know he's a nice guy, Suki. His mom said so, and she wouldn't lie to me. I'm just trying to do what's best for you. He's very popular and he can help you meet new friends.

Suki: What's best for me? This is just a step in putting me up the social ladder. I can get my own friends, I don't need anyone to do it for me.

Dad: That's enough, Nasuki! Go to your room until it's time for school! I will not tolerate such behavior in this home.

Suki: Fine! I will!

Mom: I was just trying to help.

Dad: I know, honey, I know.

Well, that was a bust. Now I remember why I don't usually do this too often. I always end up in trouble for having an opinion. And what home is this? It's just a place where we're living. Home was in Richmond, Virginia (A/N: To those who know me, I just couldn't resist putting this in). Where I would probably be with my friends at school right now (A/N: I don't know much about time differences). Slamming my door, I flopped onto my bed. I was really itching to call my friends, at least I would have something to do for the next 10 minutes.

I never have any choice in this family. Nope, it's just Suki, do this, Suki, do that, it's what's best for you. Yeah, right, it's best for making me into what they think is the "ideal" girl/daughter. Nidake (A/N: Another made up name courtesy of me, the author) doesn't have this problem, then again, he's the "perfect" son. At least he was the best older brother ever. I heard a knock on my door. "Suki?" It was Nidake. "Come in."

(A/N: You know the drill)

Nidake: You and Mom at it again?

Suki: As always.

Nidake: Are you alright?

Suki: Yeah, just our usual argument over my freedom of choice.

Nidake: Oh, if you're sure…

Suki: I'm sure. Thanks for worrying though.

Nidake: Anytime, little sis.

(This is the part where you can picture them hugging)

Suki: You know how much I hate it when you call me that. You're only 2 years older.

Nidake: I know, I just use it to annoy you.

Suki: Uh huh. Well, I should get going to school. Bye!

School. Another thing that's going to be a drag. School was only a 5-minute walk away but it was still too fast for me. As the school came closer, I got more nervous. This was after all, my first day of school here. This is the pits, I miss my friends so much. And having that fight with my mom didn't help. I was a little late, I hurried to the office to check in. "Hi, I'm the new student, Nasuki Henasako." "Oh yes! Let me just look for what room you're supposed to be in." Clickety, clickety. This is taking forever. "Here it is, you're in room 5-A." "Where is that?" "Down that hall and around the corner, sweetie." "Thanks a lot."

This is going to be the worst day of my life. Nothing could make this day or the rest of the school year better or worse. Hmm…down the hall, and around the corner. Which corner? The left or the right? Alright, I'll go left, then if it's wrong, I'll come back to go the other way. Yes, that's what I'll do.

Turning to the left, I bumped into someone. "Whoa there. Why aren't you in class? And where are you going?" I looked up and saw that it was a teacher. "Umm…I'm new here and I was looking for my classroom. 5-A." "Well since you're new here, I'll walk you to class, it's the other way." I started to blush. I was wrong, it could get worse. "By the way, I'm Mr. Fujiyama." Mr. Fujiyama walked me to the door of my classroom and suggested I ask someone to escort me for the rest of the day so I wouldn't get lost anymore. After he left, I knocked on the door.

The door opened and the teacher looked at me. "Yes?" "I'm a new student." Boy, how many times have I said that this morning. "I'm supposed to be in your class." "Oh, you most be Nasuki. Come in."

I walked into the classroom, keeping my eyes down. "Class, we have a new student." That phrase again. "Please turn your attention to her, while she introduces herself." I hate when teachers make me do this. I finally looked up and was about to say something when I looked into the bluest eyes that I have ever saw. They were big and bright with a tinge of sadness and despair in them. I was instantly hooked. He had blonde hair but he had on a fisherman's hat. It would have made him look bad but somehow, it looked cute on him. He was cute overall, there is no doubt about it.

"Hi, my name is Nasuki Henasako, but call me Suki." "Hi Suki." I smiled. They sounded like a bunch of robots. "Alright, Nasuki, you can sit next to T.K., the boy in the hat." So, T.K.'s his name. And I'm going to be sitting next to him for the rest of the year. This move wasn't so bad after all.

(A/N: I know it was 2 ppl in a row but let's say the changed the seating plan, and now my new character gets to sit next to T.K.)

So what did you think? Good? Bad? Please r/r!