Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ Meeting Destiny ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey again! I finally finished writing this chapter. It took me forever! And it's so ugh! I can't begin to describe how much I think this chapter sucks. The first two were SO much better than this but that's just what I think. If I have the time this summer, I might re -write this whole darn chapter. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this and I promise that the next chapter will be better. Oh, and in this chapter, my fav new character, Suki seems a lil too pushy but please, don't hate her, it's my fault and I like her this way, she's like me! But she's not supposed to be me. Armm..yeah. Read on!

Disclaimer - You know this, that regular old disclaimer. Blahblah, I don't own Digimon, so and so does so don't sue. Alright all done. Disclaimers just waste my time.

Chapter 3 - Meeting Destiny

T.K.'s eyes widened when he saw the new student. She didn't look any different from the other girls he knew, yet there was something that made her seem more different, more interesting. She had the kind of image that made her seem innocent. Long chestnut brown hair flowing down her back, large, bright blue eyes that radiated warmth and sweetness and a pretty, playful smile. But looks can be deceiving. Her eyes had a devilish glint to it that told him that she wasn't all sugar and spice and everything nice. In fact, that reminded him of Kari.

Kari was the kind of girl you felt you needed to protect, but she could stand on her own and fight her own battles. T.K. sighed. Almost everything reminded him of Kari. The school, anybody who had remotely the same hair colour, everything. Kari, the sweet child of light, his keeper of hope. He liked to think of her that way, but he knew he was being delusional. She wasn't the keeper of hope, never was, never will be. And there was nothing he could do about it. Nothing to hope for.

*Everyone's hope is my hope. *

Was he ever wrong. Other people's hope wasn't yours if you didn't know how to hope anymore. Nothing he hoped for ever came true. He had hoped that his parents would get back together. Now he knew how much time he wasted hoping for something that would never happen. They would never get back together. They were just too different.

(A/N: From now on, convos will be going like this.)

Suki: Hey!

T.K.: Wha..?

Suki: It's lunchtime, dreamer boy.

T.K.: Oh! Was I out for that long?

Suki: Take a look-see.

He looked around, everyone had left already, except her, the new student, Suki. She was standing in front of him, looking slightly amused.

T.K.: What are you still doing here?

Suki: Well, someone had to wake you up, or you would have been here all day. Besides, I need you to walk me to the cafeteria.

T.K.: Why me?

She rolled her eyes.

Suki: Duh! You're going to be my guide for the next few days.

T.K.: Can't you get someone else?

He really didn't feel up to it.

Suki: Nope, there's no one else here, is there?

T.K. sighed and got up reluctantly.

Suki: Oh come on, don't be like that, I don't bite.

T.K. smiled for the first time in weeks.

Suki: Now there's the guy I've heard so much about. Now let's get going, you don't want to miss any Monday Mystery Meat.

T.K. grinned.

T.K.: Alright, alright, you've convinced me, I'll go.

Suki: Great, come on then. I never knew a person could like Mystery Meat so much.

He laughed. It sounded rusty, like he hasn't laughed in months, but he hadn't. It felt good to start laughing again. Even though she reminded him of Kari in some ways, she was starting to help him heal.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I sat at the cafeteria table staring at the creation known as Mystery Meat. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. It looked like meat loaf with green lumps in it. My appetite left faster than speeding train. I decided not to risk contaminating myself. One thing good about the school's food though, it had the best desserts ever…or the best looking ones anyway. I haven't actually eaten it yet. I took a bite of my chocolate cake. Mmmm…pure chocolate heaven. What the food lacks in taste and appearance, they made up for it with desserts.

I looked up at T.K. He was staring at someone behind me. I turned around and saw that he was staring at Kari. She was nice enough. But rumor had it that she broke T.K.'s heart. I waved my hand in front of his face. "Stop moping about it." "I don't know what you're talking about," T.K. said, looking confused. "Don't play dumb with me, T.K. I know what's going on. There may be a hundred different rumors going on about you two, but I can pick out the truth." "So? I can mope all I want. It doesn't involve you." "As long as I know you, it does involve me." I said, getting up. "I may not know you that well, but I know enough to know that you should have gotten over it already. You're not even 14 yet. There are many more opportunities for you. Get over it already!" With that, I turned around and walked out the room. I knew that in ten seconds flat, there would be gossip about me. Probably about how I like T.K. or from the girls, how stupid I could be, yelling at the cutest, most popular guy in school. Well, have your fun people, it's for his own good.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kari sat there, frozen. She had just heard Suki's great speech. T.K. did like her, and he still did. She felt guiltier than she did before. She was breaking his heart and rubbing her relationship with Davis in his face. She didn't even realize that she was hurting him.

What was she going to do? She liked her relationship with Davis but it was ruining her bond with T.K. And T.K. was a great friend. She needed a break from this. Thank goodness tomorrow is a Saturday. She needed time to think.

"Hey, Kari!" She turned around. "Hey, Davis."

"What's wrong, Kari? You seem upset." Kari groaned inwardly, she didn't want to discuss this with Davis, he would definitely overreact. "I'm not upset over anything, why don't you sit down? Why are you so late for lunch today?"

After lunch, Kari was walking towards her classroom, when she noticed Suki, the new girl walking ahead of her. "Hey Suki! Wait up!" Suki turned around and waited for her. "What do you want?"

Kari: I just wanted to ask you about T.K. That's all.

Suki: Why don't you talk to him? You guys were best friends.

Kari: Well, we haven't said a word to each other since…forever!

Suki: You do know why, don't you?

Kari sighed.

Kari: I do now. I just feel so guilty, it's all my fault.

Suki: Did you ever tell him that you don't like him that way?

Kari: Well, actually, ummm… no.

Suki: Why not?

Kari: Well, because…because I always figured he knew what I felt.

Suki: You should never assume these things. He's not psychic and being the kind of guy he is, he has been holding on to a dream that won't come true for too long. You've got to let him know that even though you don't like him in that way, you still want to be friends.

Kari: When you put it that way, I guess. But he won't even look me in the eye, let alone talk to me.

Suki: Oh, don't worry about that, I can help you with that. Why don't we meet after school at the park around the corner. I'm sure I can convince him to come.

Kari: Alright. Thanks!

Suki: No problems, I don't want two best friends to stop talking altogether.

Kari sat at her desk and glanced at T.K. He was talking to Suki. She really missed T.K. She wasn't the jealous type but she was beginning to feel like Suki was taking her place in T.K.'s life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Davis knew something was bothering Kari, even if she won't admit it. It probably had something to do with that jerk, T.A. (A/N: I made him sensitive during a few times but come on, he still can't remember T.K.'s name. I don't think he ever will). T.H. was always ruining everything. Always like a shadow, spoiling all the good things in his life. Always making Kari worry. If T.B. was around right now, he would punch his face in. But he had promised Kari that he wouldn't get so violent.

It was a nice day today and they were having phys. ed. outside. It was the beginning of soccer season, so they were using this period to practice before tryouts. "Hey Davis! Pass me the ball!" Davis passed the ball to a player on his team but he missed and it flew all the way over to the girls' side. "Watch out!"

The ball was flying towards a dark haired girl. Davis started running towards her thinking that it might be Kari, and he didn't want her to get hurt. But as he got closer, he saw that it wasn't Kari, her hair was too long. The ball stopped in front of her, what was her name again? Sudi? Saki? Suki…yeah, that's it. Suki. She took a step back and then kicked the ball. Davis stopped short. Everyone watched as the ball flew across the field and landed right in the net.

"Whoa" "Impressive" "Cool" "Hey, she's better than Davis." Davis turned around swiftly. "She is not better than me!" But secretly he thought that she was the best girl soccer player he ever saw. He had never met a girl who could play that well. Even Sora couldn't measure up to her. Davis walked up to Suki. "Nice to know I have a challenge now," said Davis.

Gym period had ended and Davis was walking back to the classroom with Kari. "Did you see how Suki kicked that ball into the net? She is so good at it. I have never seen anyone do that before. Besides Ken, of course but he's a guy. And Suki's a girl. I think she's great, don't you?" Davis rambled on and on about Suki. He wasn't afraid to tell Kari what he thought because she was probably the only person who wouldn't laugh at what he thought or hurt his feelings. He didn't what he would do without her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Math class is the most boring class ever. T.K. was half asleep (A/N: T.K. is a great guy but he can still be bored in class) listening to Mr. Kishi explain why C equals X (A/N: I dun remember what the heck I learned in grade seven so….I'm taking typical math examples.). "So C equals Y divided by Z multiplied by 2 subtract M and you'll get X (A/N: ????)." T.K. yawned. This is going to be one of the longest classes in history. "Psst!" T.K. looked beside him and Suki slid a piece of paper over to his desk. He opened it and read.

~Hey T.K. Can you meet me at the park nearby after school today? There's something that has to be resolved. Alright? ~

T.K. glanced at Suki. Wasn't she just mad at him at lunch? Girls can be so hard to figure out. He picked up his pencil and wrote back.

~Hey Suki. Sure I can meet you. What has to be resolved? If this is about Kari, forget it. I don't want to talk about it. ~

T.K. passed back the note to Suki. For the next half hour or so, this continued on. Several times they almost got caught because T.K. got upset over what Suki said and Suki got frustrated.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Their note….(not including the first two entries)

Suki: Why are you being so stubborn? You guys were best friends! You can't just stop talking to her. She picked who was right for her. Did she ever say, at anytime, that you were who she wanted?

T.K.: I am not being stubborn, I just don't want to talk about it, that's all. No, but she knew I liked her and she was always flirting with me. I assumed that meant she liked me.

Suki: You guys are more alike then you know. You can't just assume things like that. I can say right now that I assume you like me because so far, I'm the only one you've been talking to since your big "break-up" And am I right? No, because you're still hung up over Kari.

T.K.: Fine! What do you want me to do?

Suki: Meet Kari at the park after school and TALK to her, alright?

T.K.: Do I have to?

Suki: Yes!

T.K.: Fine, I will. You are the most persistent and pushiest person ever.

Suki: I know.

(A/N: Uhhh…I dun think they spent half an hour doing this but umm….yeah….)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

T.K. is so stubborn. So ignorant. So dumb. So darn cute. So great. So perfect. I don't know about you but I would have chosen T.K. over Davis any day. And I haven't even known either one for more than 10 hours. And I'm just trying to hand him over to Kari. * sigh * I am such an idiot. I'm such a sucker is more like it. I have to be so nice and free them of their misery. This is just like being at home. Smile and bear it, Suki. That's what you do at home, why not practice?

*Knock Knock* I watched as Mr. Bore box aka Mr. Kishi answered the door. He is the most boring teacher I have ever met. We spent half an hour listening to him explain why C = X.

"Miss Henasako, please go to the office with Ms. Nitashi. You have a phone call." I looked up and saw that lady from the office. I got up and followed her. T.K. raised his hand and asked to come with me. What? I don't get this. Why is he coming with me? And why is the teacher agreeing?

"Why are you coming with me?" "Didn't you see Ms. Nitashi's face? Something's wrong. I just thought you should have someone with you (A/N: How sweet is that? Of course I wrote it but I'm sure these are the things he would do.)."

At the office I picked up the phone. "Hello?" "Suki! Something * sob * something horrible has hap.. happened! You're * sniff * brother * hiccup* is inn…in…the hospital! He was…was..wa..in a car acci…accident!" I dropped the phone. The words ringing in my ears, hoping I had heard wrong. My brother could not be in the hospital. He was perfectly fine this morning. There was no way he was in a car accident. There was no way this is happening to me.

That sucked right? I told you! I'm very disappointed in myself and lots of things happened today, which is pissing me off. Argh! Anyways, on a happier note, I hoped you like it and I hope I don't lose my readers. You guys are great!