Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ Prophecy to the Future ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey again! Finally back online. Just to warn you guys, this isn't as good as my other chapters, I know I've said that before but this is even worse than before. Actually, besides the cliffhanger, this seems a little…bland…that doesn't mean you shouldn't come back next time, alright? Because I'm going to come back with great stuff. Have fun, and please R/R!

Disclaimer: If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, I do NOT own any of these characters from Digimon, and if I did, would I be bothering to write fanfics? Think about it for a second. * a second passes* There, now read the darn story already!

Chapter 5 - Prophecy To The Future

How can knowing someone for less than 24 hours change his life? T.K. had known from the beginning that Suki was someone special. But he didn't expect her to occupy his mind so much and help try to make things better for him. He never expected anyone, least of all Suki, to bring back some hope into his life. Suki was truly a unique person.

When Suki had disappeared into her brother's hospital room, T.K. had sat down on one of the many chairs lining the hallway to think. He thought about what Suki had said in the cafeteria. He now realized that after the distressing scene he had seen more than 2 months ago, he had shut himself up in a dark, gloomy world, and had pushed the people who tried to bring him back away. T.K. decided that it was time to make peace with the world again.

When T.K. solved his problems somewhat, his mind wandered off and he began to think about Suki. She was a strong person and believed in herself. But like any other person had her weaknesses. Her faith in life and trust in people were other great qualities about her. Those were the things he had lost.

His faith in life had gone down the drain ever since that day. The trust he had for his friends and family had been taken away, leaving him to think the worst of people. Ever since meeting Suki, he started to really live again. Not just moving through a regular routine but seeing that life was worth living. That made the world seem brighter some how.

T.K. looked up in time to see Suki come out the door. She looked relieved but worn out, as if drained of energy. That frightened him a bit. Suki was so full of energy it was hard to see her without it. But here before his eyes, she looked tired. He went over to support her and sat her down on the chair he had recently occupied.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kari just arrived home when Tai opened the door.

"Kari, where have you been? We've been looking all over for you. You were supposed to be home hours ago."

That was when Kari noticed how late it was. After she had left the park, she had taken a walk. A long walk it seems. Unknowingly, her walk had led her to many places where she had been with T.K.

She had passed the beach where she got pulled into another dimension by Scubamon. She remembered how T.K. had come to save her. How she had depended on T.K. How she had called (A.N: We all know she did, even though I never got to hear it. Stupid American dubs.), hoped, and wished for T.K. to save her, instead of Davis. She hadn't even thought about Davis throughout the whole experience.

Was that a sign? Kari had never thought of T.K. in any way other than her friend. Sure, her friends all thought he would be a great boyfriend. But she had been infatuated with Davis. Come to think of it, T.K. was the one she ran to for help and comfort. He was just the first person to come to mind. She wondered why.

"Kari! Are you listening to me?" Tai asked.

"Sorry, I wasn't listening to you. There's a lot on my mind right now," she replied.

Right now, what really nagged at her mind were the fortuneteller's words. Allow the beach, there had been some event. And Kari had visited the fortuneteller. She didn't believe in them but it was for some kind of charity. But this time, it was different. When she stepped into the little tent. The woman in there knew her name and her life, even about the Digimon. And her words for the future to Kari were:

"When darkness descends on the world of data,

Friendship, Courage and Kindness alone will not prevail.

The source of this darkness would not be from evil,

But from a saddened Guardian Angel,

A descendant from the Royal Digital Gods,

Sent to protect and keep the balance of all worlds.

Evil will feed on this darkness,

Taking advantage of this Angel's weakness.

Only Hope and the Angel's Fate aided by her Life,

Will alter our darkening destiny.

Their love will be our only means of survival.

In the end, the light will shine through."

Kari just couldn't forget those words. It was like the prophecy in their battle with Myotismon. She had wondered if she should take those words seriously. She decided to e-mail Izzy and ask. Kari waited for an answer.

Kari

I think it's time for our team to meet.

Izzy

Kari sighed. She knew this day would come.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Davis received the e-mail to meet at the Odaiba Central Park. He was getting ready when Jun came into his room once again, and like always, never knocked.

"What are you doing?" Jun asked.

"What does it look like? I'm going to the park!" Davis replied.

"Will the others be there?"

"I don't remember."

"Will Matt be there?"

"I forgot."

"Well, if the others will be there and Matt will be there, can I come too?"

"NO!"

(A.N: Now where have we heard this before? Hehe…)

~At the park…~

At the park, everyone gathered under a big oak tree. They were in the middle of a serious conversation.

(A/N: Since this part was mostly convo, I changed it to this format, there was just so many quotation marks and the word "said" was used way too many times.)

Izzy: I've printed out a copy for each of us and while I was waiting for you guys, I've figured out parts of it.

Yolei: Which parts?

Izzy: Well, the world of data is undoubtedly the digital world. I'm pretty sure that the first line refers to some kind of evil that's going to happen in the digital world.

Tai: Is this supposed to be some kind of prophecy?

Izzy: That's my theory. Kari got this from a fortuneteller and although it's against all laws of science, I think that she may have predicted something that is very vital to our future.

Tai: Just as long as an arrow doesn't shoot me again, I'm fine.

Matt: Yeah, I don't want to hold Tai's hand again.

Tai: Hey! I was just holding your hand because you were scared.

Matt: I was scared? That's not the way I remember it. YOU were the one who was scared.

Tai: You wanna bet-

Sora: Stop it, you two, we're here to find out what this prophecy is about, not listen to you guys bicker.

Tai/Matt: Sorry.

Izzy: As I was saying, I have figured out parts of this prophecy. Friendship, Courage and Kindness must be Davis and Ken, which probably refer to Paildramon or Imperialdramon.

Davis: Yeah, we can kick whatever kind of evil in the butt.

Ken: But it says we won't prevail, which means this evil will be greater than we can handle.

Izzy: I was just getting to that. We can't defeat this evil alone because the source of the darkness isn't directly from evil but from good. You see how it says "The source of this darkness would not be from evil, But from a saddened Guardian Angel, A descendant from the Royal Digital Gods, Sent to protect and keep the balance of all worlds."

TK: The Royal Digital Gods?

Izzy: My theory is that they're like our ancient myths.

Joe: Like in Greek Mythology?

Izzy: Precisely. This Angel should be part Digital God, and the darkness is coming from her.

Cody: How do you know it's a her?

Izzy: It says on the 9th line, "her Life."

Kari: Does light in "the light will shine through" mean me?

Izzy: I don't think so. All the other crests have their first letter capitalized. And light isn't.

Kari: How do you know if they are? I just sent you one without capitals and stuff.

Izzy: Gennai sent me the exact thing with proper grammar and spelling, right after you did. Anyway, I think we should all be getting home now. It's getting late and we can't do anything right now until we find the Angel.

TK: Izzy, what are these symbols. *points at the paper *

Izzy: Oh yes, I forgot. Those symbols are the crests of Fate and Life.

Ken: Is that a crucial fact for us to know?

Izzy: According to Gennai, she holds these things close to her source to live.

Everyone packed up and left, puzzling over what Izzy had told them. Davis was walking home, thinking it over. "Angel, Angel. How will we be able to find her?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oh Nidake, I wish you'd wake up," I kept hoping for him to wake up but ever since he whispered my name, he hadn't given any other responses.

"Suki? I know you're worried about your brother and everything but you still have a date to go to."

A date. Nidake, their own son, is in the hospital, in a coma, and all they care about is that I get to the date they set up for me. What is wrong with them? Maybe they're thinking a miracle will happen or putting too much faith in medical science, but just because they're acting as if everything is alright, doesn't mean, I have to.

"I'm not going to go on that date."

"Nasuki, you will go on this date even if I have to drag you there myself. We know you're worried about your brother but he'll want you to get some fresh air and have fun."

When my dad used that tone of voice, I knew I couldn't change his mind. I got up wearily and followed him to his car. As he drove home, I thought about cutting my date short. I had no idea what my "date" had planned for me but I might as well go to say I showed up, start blubbering, make up some excuse and leave. Then I can come back to the hospital to watch over Nidake. Satisfied with my plan, I looked up in time to see that we had just arrived home.

I got out of the car and hurried inside. I wanted this to go as smoothly and quickly as possible. Up in my room, I dressed in a blue skirt and a tank top with a white heart on the front. I might as well dress as if I planned to have fun. To top that outfit off, I put up my hair and put on my favorite necklace with personal charms of mine.

Walking down the stairs, while putting on a bracelet, my mom stood at the foot of the stairs. "You aren't possibly thinking of wearing THAT on your date, are you?"

"What's wrong with it?" I challenged, "I'm going on this stupid date so let me choose what I'm going to wear, or am I not allowed to choose what I wear now?" She pursed her lips and walked away.

There was only 5 minutes before he should be here. I sat on the bottom step of the stairs and my mind drifted. Why did Nidake, of all people, have to get hit? He was one of the nicest, most sensitive people, I've ever known. The doorbell broke into my thoughts. Wiping away tears that had unknowingly slipped out, I want to answer the door.

I had expected not to give any reaction at all, but when I opened the door, I was greeted with the most shocking, yet amazing thing, I've ever seen. I was just standing there, with my jaw hanging open, staring at my blind date.

Sooooo, long time I haven't written, I know. Since Fanfiction.net is finally working again, I have something to read, and post. O.k. you don't have to agree with me but this chapter wasn't one of the most well written thing I could have written. To me, this seemed a little…rushed and…I dunno, I just can't explain it. So anyway, the next chapter should be better, trust me on this.

Note: For those of you who knew about my version of season three, you know, the one where I was gonna introduce new digidestined and stuff. Well, I've kinda lost interest in it, it's just that, I dun really care as much anymore, sure, I'm still obsessed but I'm not as crazy-obsessed over it as I used to be. It really doesn't matter that Season three has a slight Pokemon sense to it and even tho I used to be SOOOO against it, I'm actually started to look forward to it. And so my written version season three will be postponed until further notice, 'k? Sorry to all those people who spent so much time inventing stuff. OK, back to the story. As always, there were cliffhangers, really little compared to the rest of the chapters. What do you think Suki thought that was so shocking? Find out next time, on New Found Hope.