Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ The Work of Fate and Angel Wings ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Welps, you guys have been guessing about Suki's date, ne? Well, you FINALLY get to know, great, huh? Hehe, of course now, on with the fic!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything from Digimon, as you well know it. So just leave me alone, it's bad enough I dun have money to get what I want and even if I did have the money, I need to go to Japan for it. Why don't they sell those products here?!? Why? *sob* This means I have no money so don't go and sue me =P

New Found Hope

Chapter 6 - The Work of Fate and Angel Wings

"You what?" TK exclaimed. He had just come home from the park after the Digidestined meeting when his mom told him to get ready for his date. Being the nice and helpful person that Ms. Takaishi is, she had set him up with the daughter of one of her friends.

"My friend just moved back to Japan and she wanted her daughter to meet new friends," Ms. Takaishi rationalized carefully.

"But a date?" TK sputtered. What was his mom trying to do to him?

Somehow, his mother had gotten him to change into khakis and a button down shirt, (I tried to imagine this but I couldn't! Omigosh! What happened to my imagination?) and ended up on his date's doorstep.

He hesitated before ringing the doorbell. From beyond the door, he could hear footsteps and then the doorknob turned. TK stared in awe when the door flung open. His date was…was…Suki!

She was wearing a pale blue skirt with a matching top. Blue platform shoes and around her neck was a necklace with charms he had never seen before. The charms looked kinda familiar to him but he couldn't quite place what it was. Realizing he was just staring at her, he started to blush and looked away.

Suki coughed and started to stammer, "TK? Are you…are you supposed to be my date?" TK nodded and tried to speak but there seemed to be something stuck in his throat. Suki seemed to recompose herself and yelled over her shoulder that she was going out and quickly walked out and shut the door.

"So…umm…where are we going?" Suki asked nervously. TK hadn't thought of that. In fact, he didn't even know about the date.

"I didn't know about this date until an hour ago," he admitted.

"You should be glad, I've dreaded this since before I got here," Suki answered. They walked along in silence until a passing bird broke the quietness. They looked up and watched as the bird flew out of sight.

"You know, this doesn't have to be a date date, it can be just two friends hanging out, yeah…that's it…two friends hanging out," Suki started to say. TK nodded my agreement and asked about her brother. The moment the words came out of his mouth, he knew it had been a mistake to ask. Her eyes darkened with sorrow and the life seemed to drain out of her, leaving her looking exhausted.

"He's…he's still in that coma. After calling out my name, he hasn't responded. Oh, TK, what if he's gotten worse? What if something terrible happens?" And she started to cry, tears rolled down her cheeks and without notice, she laid her head on his shoulder and cried harder. After a few minutes, her sobs subsided to quiet hiccups and she looked up with a sheepish look, "Thanks," she whispered and walked along the path towards the park. TK followed, having no intention of doing otherwise.

Suki stopped near a lake with a beautiful waterfall backdrop. It was one of the highlights of this particular park but for some reason, this area was deserted. TK watched as Suki knelt down beside the lake a dipped her fingers into the rippling water. (A/N: Is it just me or does this fic involve a lot of water? Or words that people could use to describe movement of water?)

"Nidake used to tell me that magical creatures lived near waterfalls. He used to tell me stories about fairies and pixies. But I stopped believing in them. Now I wish they were real. Maybe they could help save Nidake," her voice ring out over the silence.

TK didn't know what to say. He heard a splash and then saw Suki reaching into the water. And then it happened. Suki lost her balance and was about to fall in when TK grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her back up. Suki stumbled into him, which made him lose his balance, he grabbed on to Suki but ended up pulling Suki down with him. She landed on top of him. (A/N: This is strictly a PG fic, remember? It could probably be G but I put PG just in case, so no hentai thoughts, any thought over the PG rating is not what was intended.) Laughing, Suki braced herself on her arms, her neck hovering just above TK's face. He gasped when he got a closer look at the charms. "You're Her. You're the Angel!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh my goodness! What a lovely little cliffhanger! Aren't I soooo nice? Lol, don't worry, you'll solve this one in a jiffy. Unless you have a very intelligent mind, you'll get it now! Guessed it yet? I'm not gonna tell, you're going to have to read to find out!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Thanks, Ms, Takaishi," Kari said in a daze, before she put down the phone, not even realizing that it wasn't put down properly. TK went out. On a date, no less. With who? She faintly remembered her conversation with TK's mother. "Who is he out with? A daughter of my friend, I believe her name was Suki, yes, that's it."

Suki. The name echoed in her head. This couldn't be any lucky coincidence, could it? "I mean, what are the chances of you meeting someone new at school then finding out your parents are friends and they've sent you up?" Kari asked herself out loud, in an attempt to convince herself.

She still couldn't understand her new feelings. Ever since Suki arrived, these feelings seemed to come from nowhere, yet…yet it seemed like it was there all along. Kari didn't understand this.

Kari had Davis now, but lost TK for her love. Was it because she had wanted a change? She thought she wanted Davis but TK was starting to show emotion towards the new girl. And his reaction was stirring up jealousy in Kari's mind.

What was wrong with her? She had Davis. That was what she had wanted all along…right?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ahhh…jealousy. What crazy weird havoc, that causes. Kari sounds like one confused gal, ne?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Davis tried calling Kari again. Her line was still busy. Who could she be talking to? TK had better not be calling his girl.

Davis sighed. How could it be TK? He hasn't talked to Davis or Kari for the past two months and a half. He wouldn't be starting now. Could he?

He was still so confused. Where did his thought about Suki come from? Sure, he thought Suki was a great soccer player but that didn't mean he liked her…because he loved Kari. Or was it love?

Davis had noticed changes in himself and Kari but it meant his feelings were deepening for Kari and not changing. His feelings definitely could not be changing. He was positive about that. He could almost bet on it. Almost.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Don't I give you crazy cliffhangers all the time? I know, I do. Here's your mystery…solved. The solution to the cliffhanger to POVs before.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Angel? What in the world are you talking about?" I asked TK as I got up and brushed myself off. I looked back into the lake to search for my bracelet. It had dropped into the lake. The clasp must have gave out again, she really should have gotten that fixed.

"You're the Angel, the prophecy was talking about," TK just said, slightly amazed. I didn't have the slightest idea what he was talking about.

"TK. What are you trying to say? What prophecy? Are you daydreaming or something?" I gave up hope finding my bracelet, it probably fell to the bottom of the lake, with my luck.

TK started to explain to me what he was trying to say. I sat there listening. What he was saying was unbelievable, yet, he wouldn't make this up, would he?

"Digital World? Digimon? Do you have any idea what you're saying?" This was starting to freak me out. Here I was, talking to some guy who was telling me about some crazy world made from data. Definitely something not right here.

"Listen, TK. I really think I should go now," I said, backing away from him. I could tell he knew I didn't believe him. It showed in his eyes.

"Wait! I have proof of this," he cried out. He then proceeded to take out some electronic toy and grabbed my hand. Dragging me along, he started to tell me that I would believe him once he showed me this so-called Digital world.

Did I say he was crazy before? Well, I change my mind. He's insane, I tell you. What's more insane? I'm actually allowing him to bring me there. What is wrong with me?

I mean I thought he was cute. Then he was a cutie with problems, which made him more attractive. Then he was an understanding, interesting, in some ways, misunderstood and sensitive cutie. And I had thought I was falling for him. Have my views ever changed now. I might like him but what the heck am I doing, allowing some lunatic I've only known for a day drag me somewhere? Didn't I protest to being forced to do something? I must be sick, maybe I had a fever. I felt my forehead. Nope, I was cool. I know! This is all a dream and I'll be waking up soon.

We stopped when my cell phone started to ring. I quickly snatched my hand from his grasp and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Is this Nasuki Henasako?" A voice droned on the other side of the line.

"This is she," I answered.

"We're calling from the hospital. I'm afraid we have some bad news for you and we couldn't reach anyone at your home." This didn't sound good. My thoughts jumped immediately to one person.

"Nidake?" I almost shouted.

There was silence. Then, "Yes, that's who we're calling about. I'm afraid he's in a more critical condition from before."

Those were the last words I heard before my world fell apart. Nidake was worse. It was just as she feared. The phone slipped from my hand, unnoticed as it fell, breaking into many parts. I stared at nothing. Everything seemed to turn black. How was I going to live without him?

Ignoring the voice calling me, seemingly from a distance, I started back to the park and stood near the lake again. I dropped onto the grass and stared into the water. Wishing now, more than ever, that fairies were real, and they could get Nidake back to normal.

Then I had no idea what was happening. It seemed like my body had a mind of it's own. I couldn't seem to control myself, my mind still in my sadness. I started to get up and walk up to a ledge near by. I noticed the edge, I really did. But I couldn't stop myself and I stepped over it. I dropped faster and faster, I went. And then I stopped. I looked down. The ground was still a few feet away, so I couldn't have fallen to my death yet. I looked up and saw bright blue eyes, staring at me off the ledge I had just abandoned. What was going on?

I heard swooshing noises behind me, I turned my head and to my surprise, I found a pair of wings on my back. Angel Wings.

This was one short chapter. And another great cliffhanger. I know you hate them but man do I like writing them. Anyways…review! I take all types of payment, criticism, comments, flames, whatever! Just review!

Coming next time:

"They started to bring me towards the sky. The world blurred around me. I grabbed for the closest thing I could reach. A warm hand grasped mine. It was TK."

I love torturing you guys, hehe, I'll try to get my next chapter up ASAP.