Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ New Found Hope ❯ The Unveiling of the Enemy ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey! I FINALLY finished this chapter. Took me long enough. Anyways, this is like introducing the beginning of the battle, I think, and you find out who the evil was. And yeah…oh, chapter nine will have something special and let me tell you something special, like a lil peek to my last chapter, not including the epilogue. That chapter will all be fluffiness, lol, pure and simple. Okiez? Have fun reading!

The stupid yet for some reason necessary disclaimer: Guess what? I don't own Digimon! I mean, you should know by now, so no big deal right? Right! Now go read!

Chapter 8 - The Unveiling of the Enemy

The glowing turned to white mist that wrapped around Suki. She watched in awe as her clothes transformed. The mist disappeared to reveal her new clothing. Suki recognized them as the ones her Princess form had worn.

Suddenly, as if she just gained knowledge of the house, she walked outside. Throughout the house, she noted things that touched her memory, stirring up recognition and longing in her heart.

Stepping out the door, the sea (A.N: Whatever that thing was around Gennai's house…) opened up for her, allowing her a pathway up. Suki walked up the steps to land. When her feet touched the soft grass, a beam of light shined down on her from the sky. Led by instinct, she commanded her Angel wings out. Suki swooped upwards into the bright blue sky, until she reached a patch of clouds. Landing gently, she folded her wings behind her and raised her right hand, and again led by instinct, she voiced a phrase, "The light from my land, the hope of my people, I, your Guardian Angel, am back once again, to keep the faith and peace of time and space. The fate of our worlds will not be decided by evil. Give me the strength to aid all life."

Sparkles appeared everywhere and approached Suki, forming a staff, about half her size, a little bit above her palm. The staff was purple-bluish, matching her dress, at one end of the staff, an enlarged version of the charms on her necklace entwined together and encased in a glass orb, glowing a bluish white. (A.N: Everything is bluish to match her. I couldn't pick something entirely different…) Suki grasped the lightweight staff and closed her eyes, trying to sense something. She opened her eyes again and spoke, "I believe the time of your appearance is now, Satashi."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Weird twist, ne? I dunno, doesn't it seem so Cardcaptorish now, with the staff and all? Oh wells, it makes for an interesting story. Oh, and Satashi has nothing to do with Pokemon, the one in Pokemon is called Satoshi so yeah…just wanted to clear that up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Look at that!" Davis cried, pointing at the figure flying upward to the sky in a beam of light. "Isn't that Suki?"

And so it was. They had been walking around for awhile, looking for TK and Suki. They watched in awe as Suki, in full royalty attire, flew higher and higher, and then disappeared above the clouds.

Without warning, the ground started to shake and they were swallowed under ground. "Kari!" Davis reached for her but his eyes started to close. He forced them open but was fighting a losing battle. He drifted off to sleep, as did the others. Floating underground…or so they believed…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I know, you guys hate cliff hangers but hey, as I've told some of you, they keep you coming back, and it's not like I'm ending it here, I still have more for you to read til the end of this chapter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The once white clouds turned gray and lighting crashed. A funnel of clouds began to form a few feet away from Suki. As if the clouds were melting, the funnel rolled away, leaving a figure in slight shadow.

"You always did sense my presence, didn't you? I could never do anything indecent around you," said the dark figure. It walked forward a few steps, into the light. It was Prince Satashi, Suki's cousin and adopted son of Suki's father, the King.

(A.N: Remember those slightly long convos I have one in awhile? Well, Here's one now.)

Suki: There were too many of those to count.

Satashi: My, my, a little testy aren't we?

Suki: Enough chitchat, Satashi. Why are you causing all this trouble, all this evil?

Satashi: What do you mean, dear cousin?"

Suki: You know very well what I'm talking about. And while we're on the topic of your evil doings, I ask you to free all the Digimon, you've so cruelly locked away.

Satashi: Suki, I believe you've gone out of your mind, I have done no such thing.

Suki: Stop acting so innocent, this isn't a game. I've asked you nicely to free the Digimon you have captive and the next time I ask, it won't be so painless. Why don't you help me understand why you're doing this?

Satashi * his calm, innocent mask, slipping.*: Why? You ask me why? Why don't you ask yourself? Why have I done many things that I have done in the past?

Suki: I…I thought you stopped holding that against me…You were so nice to me before…what happened to me…

Satashi (A.N: This guy seriously needs a shorter name.): Nasuki, do you not remember who it was that took you away from hearth and home, stripped of memory and magic?

(A.N: Don't you think making the names in bold was a good idea? Much easier to read dialogue.)

Suki gasped as old memories broke through a barrier her subconscious put up to help her forget such painful memories.

~*~Flashback….WAY back~*~

"Satashi? What are you doing here?" Suki asked when she opened the door.

"Can't a cousin visit his cousin for no reason?" Satashi said, smiling.

"Oh, well, come in," Suki moved away from the door way, allowing Satashi access to her room. He looked around the gigantic room, noticing the blue and lavender décor. (A.N: Can you tell I like blue and purple by now? Hehe, oh by the way, from now on, author notes are just gonna be in brackets, I hate typing A.N: for some reason…)

"Here. I brought you some hot chocolate," Satashi handed her a mug. (I know they're in a more medieval setting or supposed to be anyhow, but it's the Digital World, it can be as advanced or as old fashioned as I want it to be. Hence the mug in the castle. Just wanted to explain plot holes, just in case, you know?)

Suki smiled and sipped on it. "So, what are you doing here," Suki asked somewhat suspicious.

"Oh, nothing much, just came by for a visit. Nothing more," he watched her eagerly, as if waiting for something to happen. And something did. Suki's eyes started drooping and then the mug fell from her grasp and crashed on the floor. She vaguely remembered seeing Satashi's triumphant grin before she lost consciousness.

When she awoke again, she was strapped to a metal table sort of thing. (Think creepy science lab things we see ppl in movies get strapped to before some crazy scientist does his experiments. And I already explained about the time thing, so dun ask about the metal.) Suki struggled against her constraints, but a cold voice made her freeze (No puns intended) in the middle of her actions.

"So you're finally awake," said the voice from the shadows, "At last, I can finish up my plans."

"What plans?" Suki asked, continuing her task of freeing herself.

"Why, my plans to dispose of you and then take over this world of course (Of course, bad guys always have the same thing in mind, don't they?)," the voice replied.

It was then, that he stepped into a patch of light, revealing the identity of the voice…

"Satashi!"

"Who else could it be? Now hold still while I drain your power and memories…" (Yeah, she would really wanna hold still for you to do that! Sorry for all these notes, I just can't help it. I'll stop them for awhile. I promise.)

Satashi pulled a switch and Suki felt as if her energy was leaving her body. Moments later, Suki fell unconscious again, her body too tired to get used to not having magic.

The next time she woke up, she was in bed somewhere she didn't know.

"Suki?"

She looked up in response and looked at the doctor confusedly. "What am I doing here?"

"You mean you don't remember," the doctor asked. Suki shook her head and listened to the words of the doctor, unknowingly telling her what was to be the new beginning of her life.

~*~End Flashback~*~

"Enough of this," Satashi interrupted her memories imaptiently, "I will destroy you and this world will once again be mine. By defeating you, I will show these worthless creatures who will be their master."

"You cannot have what isn't rightfully yours, Satashi. I will not fight you."

"I thought you would refuse to do so. I suppose my reinforcements were necessary."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well, that flashback helps explain things, I wanted this story to end micely so that I wouldn't need a sequel or anything. And you should tell me what I haven't explained yet but I think I'm almost done here. So there should be no problem =)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kari's eyes opened and noticed that everything was dark. Then she felt the evil and the darkness coming. "No!"

Her cry rang throughout the room, awakening the others. They roused from sleep slowly, shaking off comforting dreams.

"Kari? Are you alright," asked TK.

"I can feel darkness, it's coming to get us," she replied before realizing that after more than two months, TK was finally talking to her.

Without warning, a dark figure, a shadow, appeared. It began gathering the many people that seemed to be in the room. Wrapping them up in little bubbles.

"Hey! Leave these people alone!"

Kari turned around to see Davis standing up for all the people who were unfortunate enough to end up in this place.

"Foolish human, do you think that I, who would soon become ruler of this world, would listen to you," the shadow said menacingly.

"I think it's time you learned a lesson. Ken?"

"Ready when you are," Ken replied.

"Alright, Veemon, digivolve!

"Wormon, digivolve!"

(And then Exveemon and Stingmon DNA-digivolved alright? Let's not waste time on these minor details.)

"Imperialdramon, fighter mode."

"Go kick his butt, Imperialdramon," Davis ordered.

To their surprise, the shadow merely brushed it off and continued its task. Imperialdramon tried to attack again, but to no avail. The shadow finally sighed and threw Imperialdramon against the wall.

"I don't have time for this. No Digimon will ever be strong enough to defeat me so just give up."

They all knew what he said was true and soon enough, they too, were packed into dark bubbles, floating around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That was stupid, I know, I just needed to fulfil the prophecy. I forgot about that part. Anyway, back to regular scheduled programing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Satashi waved his arm and bubbles, dark, clear bubbles, floated in front of them. Inside each was a different person. Some she recognized and others she didn't. Among the few that she knew were Davis, Kari and her adoptive family including…

"Nidake!"

"I see you recognize some of these people. On your left, you'll find your father's chosen, or what we know as the Digidestined. On your right, your adoptive family. Now here, in the middle, we have, whom I am assured you know, he is rumored to be your aide in my downfall. Prince Takeru."

TK banged on the bubble and yelled but Suki wouldn't have heard a thing even if the bubble wasn't sound proofed. Her anger blocked out all sounds and released in a blast of bluish purple energy directed at Satashi. He stepped aside quickly but one of the sleeves still got singed. Satashi stared at his arm for a second, a look of fright in his eyes. The look was quickly replaced with a mask of false calm and fury making one wonder if the fright had really been there.

"Tsk, tsk, Nasuki. Is that anyway for a Princess to act? And you're a Guardian Angel no less, what would your father have said?"

"If he knew what kind of person you are now, he would never have took you in, treating you as if you were his own son," Suki said angrily.

"Ha! He only took me in because he felt guilty for killing my father!"

Suki shook her head, "Your father died of a heart attack!" (I do realize he was data and such but he needed to die somehow.)

"Who do you think triggered it," Satashi asked, looking at her meaningfully.

"No! I don't believe you, I won't," Suki closed her eyes as if to shut herself away from what Satashi was telling her.

An image of her father came into her mind. But this was different, the image was talking to her. (And no, she's not insane)

"Suki, my daughter, you are having doubts about me."

"Daddy, that's not true!"

"You were never a good liar."

"Well, it's just that…you were there…that night…when it happened…"

"Yes, I was there that night. He didn't even die of a heart attack. Here, let me share my memories with you." Visions and images swirled in Suki's mind, drawing her into her father's memories of that day.

Satashi used that moment of vulnerability to attack Suki. The blast of greyish energy came towards her but was met with an invisible force field that turned white blue when it had been hit. Satashi tried again, hitting the force field, this time, it turned silvery blue and the force field cracked. Satashi grinned triumphantly and hurriedly fired another blast. The now blue force field shattered like crystal, scattering the pieces at Suki's feet. Just as Satashi aimed to fire another shot that would leave him the ruler of the Digital World, a yellow light started to shine. He glanced at the origin of the light and his jaw dropped. TK was glowing. The soft yellow light pierced the bubble encasing him and it burst. The light turned into a light yellow mist that wrapped around TK's body. (Sound familiar?) When the mist drifted away, he was no longer TK but Prince Takeru.

Sooo? How was it? And hey, you dun think I would let anyone but TK himself be the Prince, would you? Of course not! Anyway, more stuff coming up! R+R! Please? I'll get ummm…my cutie Quatre and adorable Li to give you a kiss! And if you're a guy, well, I doubt you want kisses from them but I'll find someone to! Anyone you want. Hehe, but remember you only get a kiss cuz Li and Quatre are all mine! Hehe, j/k! Or maybe you'll prefer TK or Matt even! Hehe, I'll shut up now. Byebye!