Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmare ❯ Chapter 1-Sleep Tight ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This is taking a year after the end of season 02 but before the epilogue and only the digidestined and the kidnapped kids have digimon. So, obviously New York and wherever else in the world the digidestined live thev'e gotten used to the digimon.

Disclaimer: If it doesn't belong to me, it belongs to someone else.

/thoughts/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare

Chapter 1- Sleep Tight

Mimi Tachikawa stared at a window display in a department store almost hungrily.

"Wow, that dress is so beautiful, don't think so Palmon? And it would match your hair perfectly." she said with a giggle, tearing her gaze away from the lily-patterned, strapless dress in the window to look at her best friend.

"Sure would." Palmon replied with a giggle of her own. It most definitely would, for Palmon's 'hair' was actually flowers. In fact, her whole body looked like it would fit on a rose better than on a person. Of course, Palmon wasn't a person. She was a Digimon, Digital Monster, and destined to protect her digidestined partner Mimi as Mimi was destined to take care of her.

"Should I? Or should I not?" Mimi had returned to musing about the dress. "It's on sale this week, so I can afford it, but what would I wear it to? The prom isn't for another two months and by then it might not be in style anymore. No one's throwing a party anytime soon, at least not that I know of and I'm pretty well informed about those kinds of things." she paused "Oh, who am I kidding? I'll throw a party myself if I have to." With that she headed for the door, Palmon in tow. She reached for the handle, but before she could even touch it a young girl lurched into her. "Huh? What-Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" Mimi asked the pale, trembling, blond. She looked about ready to collapse.

"No, but I will be soon." the girl replied.

"What do mean-" Mimi was cut short as the girl looked up at her. Rather than being glazed or bloodshot like Mimi expected, her eyes looked, well, normal. That is, until they turned completely black. "Wha-" is all Mimi managed to gasp out before she felt....something. She wasn't sure exactly but it was almost like, just for a second, there was someone else with them. Someone...or something.

"Mimi? Mimi! Mimi answer me!" Palmon's pleas managed to snap Mimi out of her reverie.

"Huh? Oh, Palmon, sorry. What's wrong?"

"I think she fainted." Palmon said, pointing at the girl, who was now lying on the ground in front of Mimi.

"Omigosh!" Mimi bent down to check on her while pulling out her cell phone in order to call 911.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night found Mimi getting ready for bed. She was going to bed later than usual that night, since she'd been kept up by policemen and detectives investigating the death of that strange girl Mimi had met this morning. It turned out that her name was Sandy and she had been missing for nearly a year before she had been found by Mimi. Her parents were, of course, very distraught over their daughters sudden death, the cause of which is still unkown. Mimi sighed as she stepped out of the shower. /That poor girl./ Palmon looked over at her partner in concern.

"Don't feel guilty Mimi. There was nothing you could do. Even the doctor said she was too far gone by the time you found her."

"I know Palmon. It just doesn't feel that way." Walking over to the bed where her digimon lay, she smiled. "Well, maybe a good night's sleep will help." With that she climbed into bed and lay down next Palmon, who was asleep within minutes. Mimi however, stayed awake for awhile. It wasn't just that she felt guilty about Sandy, though that was part of it. It was almost as though she was...afraid to go to sleep. Finally, after about five minutes of mental debate, she convinced herself that this was silly, turned on her side, and went to sleep. Something she would regret soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, what did you think? It was certainly longer than the prologue and took longer to write too.