Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ A powerful Threat ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FOURTEEN
 
Another Digimon city was being attack by Lockhart's forces, and the rangers were called to the rescue. “LET'S GO GUYS!!” Davis cried out as he and the rangers all rushed into action, against the Robo-Cops.
 
“Why can't they ever do this the easy way?” TK asked irritably as both he and Davis pulled out their Digi-Sabers and began to make short work of the Robo's.
 
On another part of the city, two more Robo-Cops were firing their machine guns like crazy, and frightening all the innocent creatures. Suddenly, “Hey, Gun-nut!” called a voice. The Robo looked round, and saw Yolei on her Hawkmon-cycle with its blasters at the ready, “Shoot this one off…” and Yolei fired her shots blowing the Robo-Cop into a pile of scrapheap.
 
“Nicely done, Yolei.” her bike said.
 
Yolei smiled behind her ranger-helmet and patted her bike on the handlebars.
 
In another part of the town, Cody and Ken had successfully managed to help all the little Digimon escape to safety, but when they turned around there were more Robo-Cops poising their guns right at them, but they were out of ammunition.
 
Cody and Ken gave it some thought and decided as they threw down their weapons, “All right… lets make this interesting.” Cody said.
 
“I agree.” added Ken, and he and Cody poised themselves ready for a hand-to-hand combat battle. The Robo cops did the same, and the fight was on. Ken and Cody put up a valiant effort, and who knew they would ever look so good battling side-by-side.
 
In the end, they had succeeding in crushing the robos without much effort. “You lose.” They both said together.
 
Suddenly, all the remaining Robos began to retreat, and they ran like cowards away from the city. “What's eating them?” asked Davis.
 
“Uh… I think we're about to find out. Look!” cried TK.
 
The rangers and their Digimon, now in their regular forms, looked behind and saw him down from the air dropped. “It's… Shadow-Omnimon.” cried Kari.
 
Shadow-Omnimon started down at the humans and their Digimon partners. “I came looking for someone strong to join my legions, and this is what I find?!” he snorted. “I am most displeased.”
 
Davis poised his sword at the evil creature, “Why don't you come down here and say that?!” he growled. “You, overgrown tin can…! You big ugly brute…!”
 
“Uh, Davish?” cried Veemon “Maybe we should make him any madder than he already is.”
 
Shadow-Ominmon's eyes glowed angrily. “It's too late my weak inferior adversary...” he muttered as he readied himself. “HERE I COME!!” and with that he leapt right down towards the rangers.
 
“Hurry guys. It's time to Digivolve.” Davis snapped as he and the others whipped out their D3's, but unfortunately, they weren't able to Digivolve their Digimon fast enough…
 
“DARKNESS-CANNON!!” Shadow-Omnimon roared as he fired a huge energy shot from his right arm, and the impact was pretty rough… So rough, that the virtual-simulation ended.
 
 
Izzy, along with help from Gennai, Azulongmon's power, and the other Digi-destined, had created a new virtual-simulator.
 
It was a type of video-game that would make everything almost seem real when it was all really just happening in the rangers' minds. It was used to help them train for the upcoming battles they'd be facing.
 
Shadow-Omnimon was indeed going to be the toughest Digimon ever faced, and so far all simulations, with hopes of coming up with plans or strategies to beat him had failed miserably.
 
“You guys okay?” Izzy said as he helped them out of their virtual-helmets.
 
“Physically, yes…” TK said.
 
“Emotionally-- that's another thing.” added Yolei. “That was even worse than the last three times.”
 
“I don't think we're getting anywhere with this yet.” TK said. “We've had about ten straight simulations, and we didn't even land a hit.”
 
“But you guys…” Kari said. “You heard what Shadow-Omnimon said; He's going to eliminate those who are weaker than he is.”
 
Gatomon felt a chill run all through her fur. “Just the mention of that makes me want to lose all the tuna-fish I ever ate.” she groaned.
 
The others all thought it through and decided to go for another attempt. “Maybe this time I'll try my golden-armor on him.” Davis suggested as everyone fitted their V-R helmets back on.
 
“Okay guys… away you go.” Izzy said as he through the switch and uploaded another simulation.
 
Meanwhile
 
Slowly yet surely the Digital-world was starting to fall apart…
 
Trees had been cut down, mountains had been blown to dust, and it was all the work of Shadow-Omnimon. Anything that he could cut down, or destroy in one shot was considered weak to him, and therefore by his standards was no to continue on.
 
Even the Red-Ribbon army, who had been trying with all they had in their arsenal to, had been powerless to stop him. All their weapons did him no damage. Even Lockhart's most powerful missiles launched from the base weren't enough.
 
Shadow-Omnimon was just too much!
 
Izzy, and Gennai had sent alerts warning all the inhabitance of the Digital-world about Shadow-Omnimon, and that everyone was to steer clear of him at all costs. Even all the Mega and Ultimate leveled Digimon were to heed the warning, and resist any urges to confront him.
 
Although Shadow-Omnimon defied Lockhart, and all his crazy demands, he was still a Red-Ribbon Digimon created from the Professor's machine; meaning any Digimon attack on him would be useless.
 
With all Digimon avoiding him, Shadow-Omnimon hadn't eliminated any yet, but it was rest assured if he were to come across any, and their standards disappointed him… he would indeed destroy them.
 
Right now, he was sitting in the middle of a forest he had been cutting down, and playing a flute which he had carved out of a tree. As he played his mysterious music, he continued to think deeply about how he pictured everything…
 
“Why must there be some many weaklings in this world?” he wondered “I have more power than anything I have come across, and yet I find no one else who comes even as close to matching my strength.”
 
He stopped playing, and stood up as the winds began to blow his cape around. “I will find those stronger than I am, and purge this and any other world of those who appose me, human and Digimon alike. This world is meant for the strong to survive! Those that are inferior shall be eliminated from all existence!”
 
With an angry glow in his eyes he began to march off again, and knock down or blow-up anything in his path.
 
Meanwhile
 
Sad to say that none of this was helping the Red-Ribbon army…
 
Lockhart had just received reports that many of his soldiers were had returned from the chase, all of them badly injured. The rest of them… didn't make it as they were either blown up in their own vehicles, or Shadow-Omnimon got to them. Either way… Lockhart was raising his voice to the roof.
 
“Professor!” he shouted. “How could you have let this happen?”
 
The Professor was shaking with fear in his lab-coat. “But, but, Sir… I warned you that I wasn't certain of what would happen.”
 
Lockhart, though he didn't want to admit it, knew he was right. Now because of his irresponsible thinking, not only was this new monster of theirs uncontrollable, but the monster machine was completely destroyed, meaning that the army could no longer make any more creatures.
 
Lockhart wanted the perfect weapon, and he got it.
 
At least he knew that the rangers didn't stand much of chance against him, but what did it matter if Shadow-Omnimon didn't even want to destroy the rangers.
 
“Pardon me, Sir.” Black-Gatomon said. “I believe there is a way we can use this to our advantage.”
 
Lockhart looked down at his pet and sneered, “Well! Don't keep it to yourself. OUT WITH IT!!”
 
Black-Gatomon straightened out her fu that had been ruffled from Lockhart's screaming, and explained to the two men that Shadow-Omnimon was on a mission of his own; wanting to destroy all weaker life-forms than he was. “If we know the rangers they won't be ones to let him get away with this.”
 
Lockhart was beginning to see where she was getting at with this; Let the Rangers go after Shadow-Omnimon, and the chances we're they would be horribly destroyed by him.
 
“Excellent, idea…” he said as he stroked his pet. “Perhaps you aren't as useless to me after all.”
 
Black-Gatomon rolled her eyes. “Useless? Hah! You come up with so many failed ideas, I wonder who the bigger loser is?” she thought quietly to herself.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Rangers all met with Tai's gang and their Digimon in the park.
 
So far, no body had yet a single clue of what to do about Shadow-Omnimon. “Even my Golden-Armor might not be enough.” Davis said.
 
Tai's gang really felt concerned about this. “And there's no chance of us being of too much help?” asked Agumon. “Maybe Gabumon and I could become Omnimon and try to talk some sense into Shadow-Omnimon.”
 
“I'm not so sure that'll work this time.” Matt said. “Remember, this goes far beyond anything like Blackwargreymon once was.”
 
“Besides… we're still overlooking the point that our Digimon attacks won't do pretty much anything helpful.” added Tai.
 
Biyomon flapped her wings in anger. “Ooh… I wish we could become zords too, and then maybe we'd stand a chance.” she said while pouting.
 
“Sorry, Biyomon, but you just can't.” said Izzy. “We haven't got the power to make any more ranger devices, and codes. So we're going to have to come up with some other kind of plan.”
 
“And just what plan do you suggest?” snapped Davis “We've tried everything else already.”
 
Everyone gazed directly at him in shock. “Davis, calm down… take it easy.” TK said. “We'll come up with something, but we're just can't do anything right now.”
 
Davis looked like he was about to lose it, but then he quickly calmed down. “Sorry.” he said, “I'm just so mad right now. How could something this huge even exist and leave us with no options?”
 
Izzy's head suddenly perked up. “Huge?” he muttered under his breath. “Huge!” he suddenly said capturing everyone's attention. “That's it! THAT'S IT!!”
 
“What's it?” asked Mimi.
 
“Spit it out, Izzy!” snapped Tai. “What have you got?”
 
Izzy explained to all the others that they hadn't tested using the zords yet. “Use the zords?” asked Cody. “…On a Digimon that hasn't already grown?”
 
The others all began to think, “Why not?” Yolei asked. “It could just work. We've never even tried it before.”
 
“I agree.” said Hawkmon. “With our enormous sizes, and armor to shield us, it just may give us a chance.”
 
“YEE-HA! We have a plan.” Amradilamon cried with joy.
 
Joe however did not seem so convinced. “I don't know about this, you guys. We haven't even tested our theory out yet. How do we even know that Shadow-Omnimon may still win?”
 
“I hate to sound so wimpy and terrified…” said Tentomon, “But he does have a point; shouldn't we head to virtual-simulator and test this out.”
 
Everyone began to agree with Tentomon's idea, but before they could even get up, Davis' D-Terminal beeped. “Aww, man!” he said under his breath when he read the message from Gennai.
 
I hope that's not what I think it is…” cried Yolei.
 
Davis looked up, “Shadow-Omnimon's on the loose. He's attacking one of the Digimon domed-cities.” He was referring to one of the cities that looked like it was inside a giant snow-globe dome.
 
“We've got to do something!” cried Veemon. “We can't jusht let him deshtroy all those Digimon.”
 
Gatomon couldn't believe what she was about to say, but she stood up and, “Veemon's right; we have to do something.”
 
“Guys, hold on a minute here!” TK said. “We can't just rush into battle like this, especially since we haven't tested our theory.”
 
“You're right TK.” Kari said. “W e can't just attack Shadow-Omnimon, he could destroy us.”
 
“But Kari…” Davis said. “Think about the flipside. If we don't do something, he'll destroy both worlds.” Everyone just stood silent for a minute and then Davis got up. “I don't know about you guys, but I'm going for it.”
 
Veemon hopped up onto his partner's shoulder “I'm coming too.”
 
“Davis!” Ken called. “You can't be serious.” But Davis had already rushing up the streets to get to a computer fast. “He's serious all right.” Armadillamon said.
 
It was then that the other rangers decided to go and join him, as they had a feeling that Davis would need help. Even Tai's gang agreed to come as backup support.
 
“I just hope we don't regret this.” Tai said.
 
“Speak for yourself.” Palemon said. “I hope we at least live so we can regret it.”
 
They all raced to Izzy's house, and used his computer to warp to the Digital world, just a few miles from the danger-zone. “All right… ready?” Davis called to his team.
 
“READY!!” the rangers answered.
 
“LET'S GO… DIGITAL!!” they morphed, “KAISER-POWER!!” and Ken morphed. After that, it was the Digimons' turn. “Let's do this!” Davis called out. “It's time to Digivolve.” added Tai.
 
All the Digivices began to glow, as the Digimon changed into their most powerful forms…
 
-Digimon… Digital monsters
Digimon are the champions
Digimon… Digital monsters
Digimon are the champions
 
“Gommaon… Warp-Digivolve too; ZUDOMON!!”
 
“Palemon… Warp-Digivolve too; LILYMON!!”
 
“Biyomon… Warp-Digivolve too; GARUDAMON!!”
 
“Tentomon…Warp- Digivolve too; MEGA-KABUTERIMON!!”
 
“Gabbumon… Warp-Digivolve too; METAL-GARURUMON!!”
 
“Agumon… Warp-Digivolve too; WARGREYMON!!”
 
 
“DIGI-ZORDS… DIGIVOLVE!!”cried the rangers.
 
-Digimon… Digital monsters
Digimon are the champions
 
“VEEMON… Metal-Digivolve to; METAL-EX-VEEMON!!”
 
“HAWKMON… Metal-Digivolve to; ROBO-AQUILAMON!!”
 
“ARMADILLAMON… Metal-Digivolve to; STEEL-ANKYLOMON!!”
 
“PATAMON… Metal-Digivolve to; ANDRO-ANGEMON!!”
 
“GATOMON… Metal-Digivolve to; CYBER-ANGEWOMON!!”
 
“Wormon Warrior… Power up!” cried Ken, and Wormon began to Digivolve too…
 
Digimon… Digital monsters
Digimon are the champions
 
“Wormon… Mega-Growth to; WORMON WARRIOR!”
 
Digimon… Digital monsters
DIGIMON!
 
Meanwhile
 
The domed-city was looking badly beaten, as if ten tornados had ran through it all at once. Buildings were knocked over, and wrecked, fires round and lay about various places. Worse than that, many of the Digimon-Citizens had either been destroyed, or were at this moment on the run from Shadow-Omnimon who was the cause of all this stress.
 
He had been rummaging through the city and weeding out all the creatures he could find, and tested their strengths. If he found that they were weak, he destroyed them, no questions asked; and by this point, he had found the entire city to be filled with weaklings, and in his opinion. “There is no place for a small-town like this.” he said as he prepared his cannon and readied himself to blow the entire town into data-bits…
 
“Hold it right there!”
 
Shadow-Omnimon looked round and saw the ambush coming into view. “Not this again.” he said in disappointment. “What do you all want?”
 
“You know perfectly well what we want.” Davis snapped form inside his Metal-Ex-Veemon. “You're going to pay for what you've done to that city and the Digimon in it if it's the last thing we do.”
 
All the others, including Tai's gang agreed with him. “You want to destroy innocent creatures, just because their weaker than you. That's just sick!” snapped Tai.
 
“Real power isn't always judged by just one individual.” Andro-Angemon said. “Power can also be measure in great numbers, something you don't understand.”
 
“ENOUGH!!” bellowed Shadow-Omnimon. “You're words mean nothing to me. I have all the power, and therefore I shall make the rules of this world, and I say that this world is too small for all of us.”
 
Wargreymon flexed his claws. “Come and get it!”
 
“We'll fix you good!” added Metal-Garurumon as he licked his teeth.
 
With that the battle was on, as all the Digimon and the Digi-Zords charged towards Shadow-Omnimon.
 
“I'm up first.” Metal-Ex-Veemon said.
 
“Let's get him!” added Davis.
 
Shadow-Omnimon, though he was a few sizes smaller than Metal-Ex-Veemon's size, just stood where he was, waited for the right moment…
 
“METAL-PUNCH!!”
 
… And using his two arms, he caught the attack hard in his grip holding the zord at bay. “Your attempts are futile.” he hissed as he threw the zord back hard.
 
“WHOA-AAH!!” cried Davis. “Man… that hurt.”
 
“Davis!” cried Ken. “Okay… that does it. Everyone, get ready!” he called. “Do it now, Wormon!”
 
His zord agreed and fired his, “STICKY-NET!!” and bound Shadow-Omnimon up in his webs which gave the other zords a chance to attack.
 
“EXPLOSIVE-ARROWS!!”
 
“WHIRL-WIND-STAFF!!”
 
“STEEL-CANNON!!”
 
“SKY-ROCKET!!”
 
Not a single shot had missed the target, and the results were incredibly explosive. “Yeah… Give it to him guys!” Davis cheered as he got his zord back on its feet; Tai's group was impressed too, but when the smoke had cleared…
 
…Shadow-Omnimon was covered in dust, and had a few scratches and bruises on him, but according to Izzy's computer-readout. “Oh no… those last attacks barely even did five-percent of damage.”
 
The others were all horrified, and that's When Shadow-Omnimon cocked his head back and forth, flexing his neck. “So you do seem to have some strength within you.” he said with a sneer as he raised his cannon up, “But I am still more than convinced that you are all weak, and therefore must be destroyed.”
 
The zords knew that their armors' wouldn't be able to withstand a shot that powerful, yet they just stood where they was, Davis sent Izzy's computer an email telling the others to get ready. “Okay, wait for it now…” Davis said.
 
“DARKNESS-CANNON!!”
 
“NOW… GO, GO!!”
 
POW!! The Cannon fired and the shot contacted with a massive explosion big enough to have wiped out a small army. “Hmm, mm, mm…!” he seemed to be quite please with himself, believe he had destroyed the rangers and their zords… when suddenly--
 
Wargreymon and Metal Garurumon came zooming through the dust and WHAMMED right into him. “DA-OHH!!” he flew up into the air, where Lilymon, Mega-Kabuterrimon, and Garudamon were waiting to WHAM right into him again, and sent him crashing back down to the ground.
 
Even though Shadow-Ominimon was able to land n his feet, it did him no good. “VULCAN'SHAMMER!!” Zudmon smashed the un-firm ground so hard that it caused the ground near shadow-Omnimon to crumple and burry him in an avalanche.
 
Their plan had worked; they actually had done him a little bit of extra damage, not a lot, but enough to prove one thing…
 
Even though their Digimon special-attacks wouldn't work, at least Shadow-Omnimon could get hurt by normal physical attacks, and as for the zords…
 
Just before the blast had hit them, Ken's zord quickly burrowed underground, while the other five hovered high up into the air and out of harms way.
 
“Give it up, Shadow-Omnimon!” called Davis. “We know your weakness now.”
 
Shadow-Omnimon leapt out from the rubble and stood poised for more. “Whoa!” cried Tai.
 
“This guy just doesn't know when to stay down.” added Matt.
 
Shadow-Omnimon's eyes glowed sinisterly. “You may have learned some things about me, but you all must know one rule about power, and that is always save your best trick for last.”
 
He let out a huge roar, and his body began to glow. “Hey, what's he doing now?” asked Joe.
 
“I don't think I want to find out…” cried Mimi.
 
In almost no time at all, Shadow-Omnimon's began to extend and grow to twice his usual size. “Either we're getting smaller…” Cody stuttered.
 
“Or he's grown bigger!” cried Steel-Anyklomon.
 
Shadow-Omnimon was now the exact size of Megazord, which made him much larger than the smaller zords, and the other Digimon. “Take a good look at me, weak creatures.” he said very deeply. “You had your chances to save yourselves, but you chose to foolish, and now you will feel what true power is all about!”
 
“We're not beaten yet.” Davis said. “Rangers… Megazord-time…”
 
“RIGHT!!”
 
All the zords began to undergo their transformations, but sadly. “Oh, no you don't.” growled Shadow-Omnimon. “DARKNESS-CANNON!!”
 
“Whoa!” cried Tai. “Guys… WATCH OUT!!”
 
“They've got to transform faster.” added Izzy, but it was already too late.
 
BOOM!!
 
KAPOW!!
 
The zords were all hit so hard that two-by-two the rangers feel from their cockpits, crashed to the ground, and their suits deactivated all on their own from taking too much damage at once.
 
Their Digimon were also badly injured but they would be all right. That is, unless they weren't able to escape to safety with their partners. “Hold on! We're coming!” cried Garudamon as she and the other Digimon rushed over to help the fallen fighters.
 
Shadow-Omnimon was glad of this because now he had more of them right where he wanted them. He held up his cannon ready for another shot, “Say goodbye!” he muttered under his breath, but before he could fire, Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon had rammed into him again with the hopes of distracting him long enough.
 
“Don't you dare blast our friends!” snapped Wargreymon as he tried to choke Shadow-Omnimon's neck.
 
“We won't let you!” added Metalgarurumon who was gnawing at the huge metal feet.
 
Shadow-Omnimon's lips curled into a sour sneer. “DOOMSDAY-SWORD.” he simply said, and he bashed them off him like golf-balls causing them to De-Digivolve back to their Rookie levels.
 
Luckily they landed safely in Tai and Matt's arms as they rode with others. “Let's get out of here!” Tai cried, and they all dashed off for the nearest portal, and warped home.
 
Shadow-Omnimon sniggered sinisterly to himself. “I guess I showed them.”
 
Meanwhile
 
All the Digimon were being tending to, so their wounds would heal. That was about all the damage taken, but everyone was still outraged by the fact that they had to retreat.
 
“Somebody tell me… exactly where we lost track?” Davis asked rhetorically.
 
Kari was even starting to feel a little freaked out. “He's so incredibly powerful.” She said. “We we're barley able to even graze him.”
 
Poor Armadillamon was moaning over the many strips of tape that covered his back. “Ow! Look at what that yellow-belly boy did to my beautiful shell.” he cried.
 
Izzy had been going over the status of the battle, so far there was no major damage; the zords would still function, but even with all the results of their proven theories, now that that they all had seen Shadow-Omnimon's hidden power… they were back to square one; not a clue as what to do.
 
Then suddenly, “Hey guys come and look at this.” he said. Everyone gathered around the computer, and saw that Izzy had received an email from Shadow-Omnimon, addressed to everyone.
 
“Power Rangers, Humans, and their Digimon, I warn you all…If you wish to live you will stay out of my way! The next time we should encounter, so help me, I will destroy you all.”
 
This really worried everyone… a whole lot.
 
What were they to do?
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
“I've got it!”
 
“If we can just copy the technology, and program it right, we can gain the upper hand.”
 
The rangers have discover their last possible hopes of defeating Shadow-Omnimon, and rush back to the Digital world to collect bits of Lockhart's old monster machine.
 
But doing that requires a trip to the Digital-world, and persuades Shadow-Omnimon to try and make good with his threat.
 
You chose not to heed my warning.”
 
“We're back, and Ready to take you on again!”
(Big chases)
Will out heroes last hope prove worthy, or will Shadow-Omnimon finally achieve the impossible and destroy the Power Rangers, and the Digi destined?
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”