Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ The True meaning of Power ( Chapter 17 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE SIXTEEN
 
Izzy had been up all night studying as much as he could about the parts of Lockhart's monster machine. So far, he already had determined how the process worked. The only problem was fitting it all back together. That was going to take some time, and it almost seemed unthinkable to even attempt, but with Gennai to help him there was still hope.
 
They spent as much possible time as they could work, and with Azulongmon's power, most of the machine was already put back together instantly. Now it was simply the case of reconfiguring all the systems and charge up its power again.
 
The rangers and Tai's group were all getting a little anxious. “Anything yet…?” Tai asked for had had to be the tenth time.
 
Izzy looked up, “I can't even tell which wires are even connected properly.” he said. “If I don't hook this up right we could end up making a bigger mess of things.”
 
“Yeah, as if things couldn't be in a bigger mess already?” Davis said.
 
“Davis!” Kari said in shock.
 
“Actually… for once I agree with Davis.” TK said. “Shadow-Omnimon's already laid a great deal of waste to the Digital-world, and so many innocent creatures had been lost.”
 
Yolei knew how TK felt and she grunted angrily. “Right now, I could just grab General Lockhart's neck and strangle him until he was blue in the face.” She was so busy in her pent-up rage that hadn't realized she was squeezing Ken's hand. “Oh… sorry.” she said all embarrassed.”
 
Ken laughed nervously. “It's alright.” he said. “But first we should deal with Shadow-Omnimon… then we can work on the army.”
 
Speaking of the army…
 
Meanwhile
 
The Professor had not a single clue as to how to deal with Shadow-Omnimon, and he had been pondering over it so much, that finally Lockhart had lost all his patiences. He was brought before Lockhart in his private office, and being held at gunpoint by five armed guards.
 
“Monster's worthless… devices worthless, and now you can't even come up one simple plan?!” he thundered. “Have you anything to say in your defense?”
 
The Professor barley opened his mouth to say a word, “I did not think so…” replied Lockhart. “You are fired! GOODBYE!!”
 
He reached and pressed a hidden switch under his desk, “But sir… wait!” cried the Professor, but it was too late as a large tube came down from the ceiling, sucked him through it, and fired him off the island and way out to sea.
 
As he swam to for the nearest shore, he couldn't help but lament over his loss. “Banished from my job, how horrible… Ooh, hoo, hoo…”
 
 
Some the soldiers sweated a little in fear as Lockhart stared at them all. “Let this be a reminder that I have little patiences for failure.” he said. “Anyone who disappoints me further shall receive a fate far worse than the Professor. Now back to your posts.”
 
The guards saluted and marched out of the office…
 
“Uh, pardon me sir, but don't you think you were a little rough on the man?” Black-Gatomon asked.
 
“ROUGH…!?” Lockhart screamed at his pet, “He's just lucky I didn't cover him in gasoline and open fire on him with a flamethrower.” He took a sip of the liquor on his desk, “Right now, I need to think. There must be a way to get rid of that monster, and the rangers.”
 
Black-Gatomon sighed to herself. “Here we go again.”
 
“What was that?!” Lockhart suddenly said.
 
“Oh, uh-- nothing, nothing at all…”
 
Meanwhile
 
At the site of the avalanche, the fallen rocks were now scattered all over the place instead of being all piled up together where they had fallen, and some had made a trail that lead all the way to where Shadow-Omnimon was walking. He wasn't hurt too badly, unfortunately, but he was raging mad. “I cannot believe I was so careless to letting those power punks deceive Me.” he growled angrily. “They will pay… and dearly!”
 
He continued to press on across all the wastelands and sorry sites that once was the Digital world, before he took his rage on it that is. Suddenly… something bright caught his eye…
 
It was a TV with a picture of the real-world on it, and it was even showing pictures of Obadia, the rangers' hometown. “This device…” he said to himself. “I remember seeing the rangers and their friends use it to escape from me.”
 
Now normally, only those with a Digivice were able to enter through Digital-Portals, but on rare occasions super-powerful Digimon were able to access the portals simply by touching the screen…. This was exactly what Shadow-Omnimon did.
 
Then, POOF… he was gone.
 
Meanwhile
 
Gennai suddenly looked confused…
 
“Hey, Gennai… what's the matter?” asked Matt.
 
Gennai looked up at everyone, “I cannot be sure, but just now I have lost Shadow-Omnimon's signal.” The others ran towards Gennai's console at once, and they found it was true.
 
“Are you sure about this?” asked Tai. “Maybe the console's got some sort of fault on it.”
 
Tentomon didn't think so, “We checked all the systems before starting to work on the machine, and it wasn't easy.” he said “Everything's working just fine.”
 
Suddenly, Sora had a sneaky feeling. “Hey, hold on…” she said. “If Shadow-Omnimon's can't be detected, then that could mean he's not in the Digital-World.” she said.
 
The others were starting to get the same thought she had. Joe thought it over, “But, waits!” he suddenly said. “If he's not in the Digital-World, then… that… means--”
 
Their was a long moment of silence as everyone exchanged looks of deep concern with one another, and it was Izzy who broke the silence when he checked his computer, and detected the signal coming from their hometown… “He's in our world.”
 
“Shadow-Omnimon… in our world?!” Davis snapped.
 
Meanwhile
 
Life was still going on as usual in the real world, and all the citizens of Obadia had no need to fear of enemy invasions; not with the power rangers and the Digi Destined around.
 
Or so they thought…
 
In the middle of a busy street, lost of cars going by, and lots of people walking along the sidewalks, several large flashes of light began flare up in the middle of the road, and suddenly a large Digimon appeared out of nowhere.
 
A lot of girls screamed of fright… and some of the men all stared with wide eyes, and asking, “What-- What's that?!”
 
Shadow-Omnimon rolled his eyes to the left, and then to the right. Everywhere he looked; people were acting all cowardly and running for their lives. “Just as the weaklings they are.” he thought to himself. “I could destroy them all, but I have something much better in mind…”
 
Meanwhile
 
The teams were finding it really hard to think straight. With Shadow-Omnimon in their world, who knew what sort of mess and chaos he'd make, but there wasn't too much they could do at the moment.
 
“The last time we after that guy, we nearly got crushed like peeled grapes in a barrel.” Armadillamon said.
 
Cody agreed with his Digimon, “He even has the power to grow and increase his strength. I doubt even the Megazords at full-power would be able to beat him.”
 
Izzy thought of that too, and Cody was right about that, but he also left one important detail out. “But maybe you guys can outsmart him again.”
 
The rangers and their Digimon looked confused. “Wait a minute. Are you suggesting we go out there and face him again, and after what just happened last time?” TK asked.
 
“Look just here me out, okay.” Izzy snapped…
 
He told everyone how he had been researching a little more on the Megazords, and according to his calculations their power-levels changed during every transformation. This meant that if the zords started to look pretty weak, all they had to do was combine and transform which would reset the powers and functions. “Shadow-Omnimon only has one transformation, so if I'm right, you guys should be able to hold him down enough so I can finish this machine, and get the others to join you.”
 
The rangers, with their arms folded, and boring pouts on their faces, stared awkwardly at Izzy and Yolei had to ask, “Uh-huh… and supposing you don't make it in time, then what?”
 
“Oh we'll be there all right.” Tai said. Matt nodded his head in agreement, “We've never let anyone on the team down before, and we're not about to start.” he added
 
Gennai urged the rangers and their Digimon to hurry, “I have just detected that Shadow-Omnimon has already begun to stir up havoc in your hometown. He must be stopped.”
 
The rangers decided they had no choice. “Come on guys, we got a job to do.” Davis said, and the other rangers nodded in agreement, and as they transported through the Digital-portal, Davis' voice echoed, “You get working, and move it!”
 
“You heard him…” Agumon said as he picked up a wrench, “Let's get to it.” and with that, everyone started working.
 
Meanwhile
 
In the shortest time since he had arrived, the city of Obadiah was already looking sorry. Many of the buildings were on fire, while others had huge holes busted right through them.
 
The city even called the armed forces to try and help them deal with Shadow-Omnimon, but to no avail. Their missiles didn't even faze him, and he was able to completely over power an entire army, one to thousands.
 
“I am the new ruler of this world.” Shadow-Omnimon shouted, his voice boomed for miles. “The master of Humans, and Digimon alike. You have already witness the great power that is me, and unless you wish for your world to be reduced to a pile of ash, you will do exactly as I say.”
 
The poor citizens just kept on running for dear life. “Man, where are the Digi destined, and the Power Rangers?!” cried a young man.
 
Suddenly, Shadow-Omnimon had leapt down right in front of the man, and poised his sword straight to him. “If you are speaking of those underhanded weaklings, they certainly will not save the day this time and certainly NOT YOU!!”
 
He drew back his blade ready for the kill… when suddenly he was shot at from behind. “Huh? What?!” he snarled as he turned round and saw the Digi-Zords behind him.
 
“You might want to take back that last statement Pal.” snapped Davis.
 
“We will lay waste to you and your wicked ways, if it's the last thing we do.” added Andro-Angemon.
 
Shadow-Omnimon chuckled sarcastically. “Do you expect me to feel concerned about that, because I'm not!” he growled.
 
“Whatever…” Davis said. “Let's go guys!” and the zords all rushed into battle.
 
It was a good thing they had the experience of their previous battle to outsmart Shadow-Omnimon in this battle. They were able to evade his attacks and catch him if he tried to maneuver himself.
 
Shadow-Omnimon swung his sword, but Metal-Ex-Veemon ducked out of the way and found his opening, “ARMOUR-KICK!!”
 
WHAM, Right in the gut. Shadow-Omnimon wasn't hurt too much, but he did lose a little of his balance, which allowed the other Zords to attack him.
 
Robo-Aquilamon used his “SKY-ROCKET!!” and gave him a huge bash in the back. This finally knocked him off his feet and left him open in the line of fire.
 
“Get him guys!” cried Davis.
 
“STEEL-CANNON!!”
 
“ANDRO-STAFF!!”
 
“EXPLOSIVE ARROWS!!”
 
Powerful explosions flared up as Shadow-Omnimon got hit, but when the dust had cleared, he did have a few bruises on him, but he still seemed raring to go. “Nott good enough, fools!” he snarled. “DARKNESS-CANNON!!”
 
“LOOK OUT!!” cried Kari, and the zords were barley able to get out of the way, and the shockwaves rocked the rangers in their cockpits. “Everyone split up.” Cyber-Angewomon called. “He can't follow us all at once.”
 
The others all agreed and then they all rushed off in different directions. “Splitting up will avail you but not as you shall soon find out.” Shadow-Omnimon sneered.
 
Meanwhile
 
The machine was starting to near its completion, but it still wasn't ready yet. It was all structurally intact, but the systems were not yet fully connected nor fully charged. It would take a little more time.
 
Tai never even thought Izzy could handle such a complicated project. “Izzy, you're the smartest guy I've ever met.” he said.
 
Izzy smiled at the compliment, but carried on with his work. “One thing though.” asked Palemon. “Which two Digimon are we going to send through the machine?”
 
This was a question all the Digimon had been pondering over, but their partners already knew who they were going to send. “Agumon, and Gabbumon, of course.” Matt said. “If we Digivolve them to Mega, and then fuse them, we can match Shadow-Omnimon's power.”
 
Agumon and Gabbumon seemed to agree with the idea. Ever since they had first became Omnimon in the battles with Diaboromon, they had been long since wanting to try it again, but sadly, Tai and Matt's old-styled Digivices couldn't support DNA Digivolution.
 
“Well no need to worry about that now…” Izzy said from under the machine, “If this works it may just give us the edge we need.”
 
Still, they all had to work fast keeping well in mind that the rangers were in desperate need for their help, and they couldn't hold against shadow-Omnimon by themselves for too long.
 
Meanwhile
 
The battle was growing fiercer than ever…
 
As unbelievable as it was, Shadow-Omnimon wasn't only powerful, but he was fast too. Even if the zords were all scattered around, he was able to lunge after them all, one at a time.
 
His “DOOMSDAY-SWORD!!” and “DARKNESS-CANNON!!” really began to do damage. Sparks and shockwaves flew everywhere, and the power levels were dropping fast.
 
“We have to try and transform now!” Steel-Anyklomon called.
 
The other zords began to agree, but the rangers pointed out to them that their transformation sequence was too slow. “We could leave ourselves wide open again.” Yolei said.
 
“No we won't.” Ken said over the radio, “I have an idea. You guys just transform first.” and with that he and his Zord burrowed under the ground without even explaining their idea.
 
“What do you think they could be up to?” asked Metal-Ex-Veemon. “Never mind that...” Davis said. “Let's do it!”
 
RIGHT!!” the others all shouted. “DIGI-MEGAZORD… ENERGIZE!!” and with that, their Zords began to shape-shift and combine.
 
“Oh please…!” Shadow-Omnimon grunted as he pulled out his sword, and began to charge toward the zords, but as he got closer, Ken's zord burst though the ground right up in front of him. “What's this?!”
 
“Oh, no you don't. Not this time!” Ken said. “Give it to him, Wormon-Warrior!”
 
“Right… STICKY-NET!!” shouted his Zord, and blasted Shadow-Omnimon in his webs. This distracted him long enough for the other zords to finish transforming without trouble.
 
“Okay, Ken… we're done.” Davis called.
 
Ken nodded. “Right, my turn.” he said as he activated the transformation-sequence. “Wormon-Warrior… Transform!” and his zord had just changed in the nick of time as Shadow-Omnimon broke free from the webs.
 
He stared gruesomely at the two Megazords and sneered, “You seem to have forgotten that you are not the only ones who can transform.” and with that, he made his body grow bigger again. “Now we shall see who will triumph over whom!”
 
“You got that right…” Davis said.
 
“Let's get him, guys!” added Ken.
 
“RIGHT!!” the rangers and the zords all shouted. The two Megazord withdrew their weapons, and the battle was on again. This time, with the Megazords transformed, Shadow-Omnimon's large form wasn't too much of a problem to handle. Especially seeing as how after the transformation all their power had been restored to full.
 
Swords clanged and parried… staffs blocked cannon shots. Shadow-Omnimon got hit a few times, and so did the zords. Sadly some of their shots missed, and they ended up blowing up more of the evacuated buildings in the city… but at least no one was left in town to get hurt.
 
Meanwhile
 
Izzy threw the switch, and the machine roared to life. “It works!” he cried. “We've done it!” The others all cheered and cheered for joy. The machine was finished and fully operational.
 
They had even done some tests and there was no risk involved sending any of their Digimon through it. There was however only one design flaw with it according to Gennai…
 
“Once the process is complete, the fusion will only last for thirty minutes. You will not have much time.”
 
Agumon and Gabbumon nodded. Tai and Matt pulled out their Digivices and Warp-Digivolved the Digimon to their Mega forms. Then loaded them into the machine.
 
“Here we go…” Wargreymon chuckled.
 
“This is going to feel great.” added Metal-Garurumon.
 
Once they were safely inside, Izzy threw the switch and the machine began to do its work. It sure was taking its time however to fuse the two Digimon. Tai was getting a little anxious.
 
The battle then suddenly seemed to be taking place high up in the air. (I'm pretty sure Omnimon can levitate) however, as strong as the two Megazords were together, they still didn't seem strong enough.
 
So far… Shadow-Omnimon was still fresh with more power but the zords were starting to grow weak again. “Power levels are dropping fast.” cried Kari.
 
“We can't hold out much longer like this.” added Cody.
 
“We will. We have to!” snapped Davis. “Switch to emergency override.”
 
Shadow-Omnimon however was not willing to let them get the upper hand anymore. “You dare to continue conflicting with me?!” he shouted. “Then conflict with this… DARKNESS CANNON!!”
 
POW!!
 
POW!!
 
His two cannon shots actually the zords really hard, the controls in the cockpits began to spark, and buzz as the poor Rangers were rocked about!
 
The Megazords chest began leaking with sparks; “WHOA-AAH!!” and the Wormon-Warrior's legs got blasted well, “D-AAH-OW!!” Then the two Megazords lost their lift and crashed hard into the ground.
 
“Come on guys!” cried TK to the Megazord, “You got get back up.” The Megazord zord struggled, and stirred, but it could barley even move. “I… I don't think I can.” it groaned.
 
Ken's zord was the only one standing, but it too looked like it was ready to drop. “Ken… I don't have a lot of power left.” Wormon-Warrior said. I don't think I can't take another powerful attack.”
 
Ken tried to channel as much power as he could into the systems, but it was no good. Then it got worse as he heard Yolei's voice cry over the radio “Ken, look out!”
 
“Huh?!” Ken looked up through the view-port just in time to see Shadow-Omnimon firing his “DARKNESS-CANNON!!”straight at his zord.
 
“KEN!!” Davis called. “GET OUT OF THERE!!”
 
“He's going to be blown to bits!” cried Cody.
 
Unable to pull his zord out of the line of fire, Ken got hit full force, “AAA-AAAHH!!” and the blast shot him and his zords away like a comet, and out of sight.
 
Shadow-Omnimon lowered his cannon with great confidence that he had succeeded “Hmm-Hmm…”
 
The rangers all had their mouths hung wide open inside their helmets, and Yolei could feel her eyes swelling with tears. “Ken! No!” she peeped very softly.
 
Suddenly there was a huge banging sound and a large flash that appeared in the distance where Ken's zord had flown off, only it was another shot, which flew at an incredibly speed and hit Shadow-Omnimon hard…“GAA-UGH!!”… And sent him crashing down to the ground.
 
The Rangers were really surprised. “What the heck was that?” Davis asked.
 
“Look!” Kari said. The others and their Megazord looked up. “Is that who I think it is?” TK asked with excitement.
 
“Yeah…” Yolei cried “It's… IT'S--”
 
It was Omnimon, the one that they all knew and loved. Tai and Matt were sitting on his shoulders waving to the rangers, and there, right beside him was Wormon-Warrior, unharmed by the blast. “Hey guys!” Ken called. “I made it!”
 
The rangers all slapped high-fives as Omimon lay Ken's unharmed, yet tired Zord down near the there Megazord. “You scarred us half to death.” The Megazord said. “Yeah… I scared myself a little too.” Wormon-Warrior complied.
 
Tai called down to the others, “You guys take a rest. We'll take it from here.”
 
Shadow-Omnimon got up from being shot down. That last blast really hit him hard, “Insignificant insects!” he growled, “I'll make ashes out of you all yet! DARKNESS CANNON!!”
 
Omnimon stood where he was and pulled out his “TRANCENDENT-SWORD!!” He swung his arm and literally sliced the blast up, negating it entirely. “What?!” Shadow-Omnimon grunted unable to believe what just happened.
 
“Your dirty tricks will avail you no more.” Omnimon said as he prepared his other weapon. “Now let's see how you like a taste of your own medicine.”
 
“Go Omnimon!” cried Matt.
 
“Wipe him out!” added Tai.
 
SUPREME-CANNON!!”
 
KAPOW!! The shot had hit Shadow-Omnimon and really did him a good deal of damage. “I don't believe it.” Cody said. “Their doing it.”
 
The others all nodded in agreement with dropped jaws.
 
Shadow-Omnimon was ever so pissed. “This… this cannot be.” he panted. “I will not accept this. I will not be defeated… I am the strongest being ever! I will smash you all into bits, ONCE AND FOR ALL!!” The two Omnimon drew out their swords, and the fight commenced.
 
Although Shadow-Omnimon was slightly larger than Omnimon, he had lost a lot of his power battling with the rangers and it was slowing him down. This gave Tai and Matt a hue upper hand to show off their new acquired gift from the machine.
 
For the first time ever, Shadow-Omnimon was the one being beaten up brutally, and having a taste of what power was really about. “Power is never always measured as one.” Omnimon said as he gave Shadow-Omnimon a big punch in the face.
 
“Power can be based in numbers.” Tai said as they kicked Shadow-Omnimon's side.
 
“Power is never always the answer.” Matt said as they shot Shadow-Omnimon with her cannon.
 
“You on the other hand continue to abuse power, and decide to kill all those weaker than you are.” Omnimon said. “For this… we cannot let you continue anymore.”
 
Shadow-Omnimon was cowering in fear for the first time. “No… no… this can't be happening!” he cried.
 
“Oh but it is.” called a familiar voice as Megamon himself joined Omnimon by his side. “We're back and fully charged.” Davis said.
 
During their rest period, the Megazords built up enough power to combine together, and just as Izzy promised, their power was back to full capacity.
 
“Ready, Tai?” Davis called out.
 
“You bet…” Tai answered.
 
 
 
Megamon began to fly up into the air, and his body began to flare up in flames. Then it bombed right for Shadow-Omnimon like a burning-missile. “MEGA… FLARE STRIKE!!”
 
KAPOW!! Right through him. “GAAAAAAAAH…!”
 
Then Omnimon delivered one final, really big, “SUPREME-CANNON!!”
 
KABOOM!!
 
Shadow-Omnimon was shrouded in explosions. He fell over, but he did not explode just yet. “All right… we got him on the ropes.” Matt said.
 
“Yeah…” TK added. “Now… let's finish him.”
 
They prepared their weapons to fire again as Shadow-Omnimon, weakly, stood up, but then strangely he got down on one knee and bowed. “Enough!” he said almost as if he were begging for mercy, “You have won… I admit defeat.”
 
The others were all very shocked. “Did he just say what I think he said?” Davis asked.
 
“What if it's a trick?” added Ken.
 
“I play no trick…” replied Shadow-Omnimon. “I have never truly understood what real power is, until I have suffered as the foot of what lies before me. I only now realize that I have been letting my powers blind me to the truth, and that I am not all that powerful at all… but alas… I do not know what to do. I have caused so much chaos.”
 
“Just leave it to us.” Megamon said to him. “We can take care of all the damage you've done, but you have a lot to learn.”
 
The Rangers all nodded in agreement. “You need to realize that even weak creatures can becomes strong and powerful, and that they don't deserve to be beaten just because they're weak.”
 
“Power works in many ways… but if underestimated, and taken too lightly, it can only be rendered as an empty threat.” added Cody.
 
Kari nodded. “Just try to make better choice with yourself. Instead of using you powers to destroy, why use your powers to help people instead.”
 
Everyone else nodded in agreement, and Shadow-Omnimon turned on heel, “I shall think about.” He said as he began to walk off.
 
“Hey, wait… where are you going?” Yolei called.
 
“Somewhere to gather my thoughts, and consider the events of our conflicts.” With those words he continued to walk until he was out of sight.
 
No one knew exactly where he was going, but one thing was certain. The worst seemed to be over. Now they could use Azulongmon's power to revive and restore all the damage and lost lives back to normal.
 
Once it was done… the rangers and the Digidestined had all gone back to their normal lives. It felt so good to have things back to normal… yet how long would it last?
 
“NEXTTIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL
 
The professor is still determined to make both he rangers and Lockhart pay, and he meets someone extraordinary.
 
“I am Sakura… and I can help you, but only if you're willing to help me.”
 
Taking the strange creatures advice, the professor gets what he bargained for and ends up unleashing several evil viral-creatures, and all worse beyond that, he manages to take over Shadow-Omnimon's body.
 
“The ultimate power is MINE!!”
 
The rangers not only find themselves trapped in the middle of all this conflict, but also in the presence of a stranger whom they soon find to be quite mystery.
 
(Another Red-Ranger runs away)
 
“Don't follow me… you're all in danger.”
 
“Was that a… Red Ranger.”
 
“But Davis is the Red Ranger.”
 
What are these viral creatures, who is this mysterious stranger in a ranger suit, and will rangers prevail against the new threat?
 
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”