Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ Fight between times: Part two ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE EIGHTEEN
 
Part two
 
 
The rangers, still not knowing what to do, were just acting like sitting ducks as the Professor continued to make his way towards them. He certainly was taking his time though; Sakura yawned in boredom.
 
“Hey, guys quit standing around.” said the Gatomon-Bike. “You should split up at least.”
 
“But Gatomon, we won't stand a chance if we all split up.” Kari said. “We need to come up with a plan.”
 
“A plan?” the Hawkmon-bike snapped. “Well this certainly is a good plan; staying in one place and make an easier target for him.”
 
“That's it… I've had it…” snapped the Armadillamon bike, and he automatically fired his lasers. “Armadillamon… No!” cried Cody; too late. The blasts had hit the Professor, but as everyone expected, he wasn't even stunned. This made all the bikes go against the rangers wishes and they all opened fire on him.
 
The Professor just jumped about giggling. “Ah… ooh… ho, ho, ho… Stop that, it tickles.” The bikes stopped firing. “Ha, ha, ah, ah… my turn The Professor sniggered, and he such a small shot from his cannon, which still caused a huge explosion. The Rangers fell off their feet and their suits vanished, and the Digi-Cycles changed back into their normal Digimon forms.
 
This gave all the wax-redcoats a chance to surround them all with their riffles aimed right at them. One false move and they would most likely shoot to kill.
 
“Is everyone okay?” Yolei asked.
 
“Define okay…” Davis groaned.
 
It wasn't bad enough that they were all powered down for a while until things recharged, but if the Professor had done that to them using only a small blast, they didn't even want to think of what could happen if he hit that at… full power!
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… My how the tables have turned.” the Professor sniggered, “Now you insolent pests know what its like to get thrashed about all the time… but fear not, for it won't be lasting much longer.”
 
He armed his cannon ready for the final shot, and the rangers and their Digimon were still stuck with no means of escape. “It's no use guys.” Davis said. “Even I can't find a way out of this.”
 
“Looks like… we're finished.” cried Cody. “And I'm so young.”
 
The cannon was fully charged, “Goodbye, Power Rangers.” Hissed the Professor, but before he could fire…
 
“Past, Present, Power!”
 
“What?” the Professor growled.
 
Everyone looked all around and saw another power ranger leap through the air. “HI-YA… AY-YAAAH!!” as I leapt over the circle of redcoats, I got out my ray-gun and shot all their riffles out of their hands, and shot the Professor too.
 
“Ugh… Not this again!” Sakura growled.
 
“Davis…look.” cried Kari. “It's that Red-Ranger we saw earlier.”
 
Davis and the others looked in amazement as I landed and sheathed my ray-gun. “I thought I'd find you here Sakura.” I growled at the ninja-girl, “But you and your new partner will never triumph over justice and purity.”
 
Sakura chuckled cheekily, “Is that all you have to say?” she asked, and then she told her new partner, “We can deal with the others later. Right now, destroy him!”
 
The Professor nodded, “It will be an honor he said he summoned up some Robo-cops, and the redcoats had recovered their weapons, posing them at me.
 
“Hear me…!” I said with my hand stretched toward the sky. “This time and world are too small for all of us. Now you shall pay.”
 
“We shall see… ATTACK!!” thundered the professor, and the battle commenced. The Redcoats and Robo-Cops surrounded me, but with my martial-art skills I was trickier than I had appeared to be.
 
My kicks and flips tripped many of the fighters right off their feet giving me a great opening to attack the others. “RAH… AY-YAH!! Have a… nice… flight! HAH!!” with a swift boot of my foot I sent two redcoats rolling down the hill.
 
“Whoa… look at that guy go.” TK said.
 
“I've never seen anyone move like that before.” added Cody, “And I've seen a lot of martial-artists in my grandfather's movies.”
 
The Robo-Cops fired their own blasters at me, but I caught glimpse quickly and rolled out of the way. Then, as I sprang to my feet and whirled out my blaster, I fired faster than the Robo-Cops did, and to the other rangers' amazements…
 
My ray-shots flew straight through the blasts from the Robo-Cops' weapons, and continued on until the robots were stuck; their insides were completely shorted out.
 
“WHOA!!” the rangers cried.
 
Already there were only half the Robo-Cops, and Red-Coats left, them as well as the Professor and Sakura. The Professor stepped forward. “Impressive, but not good enough he said with his sword at the ready.
 
“Try me…!” I snapped as I drew my own sword, and the two of us engaged in a fierce sword-battle. “ENGAURDE!!” we shouted as our blades clashes and parried.
 
Now normally, an Omnimon's sword, being made of the strongest chrome-digizoid, would be one of the deadliest of blades in the Digital-World and pierce through almost anything, but my sword actually was withstanding the power and could actually engage in a blade-lock struggle.
 
Everyone watched in amazement as the Professor and I kept pushing each other's sword with such strength, unfortunately there was one thing I hadn't noticed, until it was too late…
 
“You think I shall let… one… impudent… ranger… BEAT ME!!”
 
The Professor still had his cannon-arm free, and he shot a powerful blast at the ground which blasted us both yards away in opposite directions.
 
“AAH!!”
 
“D-OHH!!”
 
We both landed with huge thuds, and both of us looking badly hurt from that close shot. “Awe man-- talk about a big bang…!” Davis snapped.
 
“You pompous oath!” growled Sakura. “How could you be so foolish as to do that? I shall just have to finish him off myself.” and she leapt over towards me, I wasn't beaten, but I was pretty weak from taking such a blast.
 
But before Sakura could move any closer, she was blocked by the other rangers and their Digimon whom had healed. She knew very well that even with their powers gone they outnumbered her immensely.
 
“Very well… I'll bide my time.” She said, “But I'll be back. You haven't heard that lasts of Sakura. AH, HEH, HEH, AH, AH, AH!!” and with her annoying laughter, she vanished, and so did the Professor and the rest of their fighters.
 
No sooner had they gone did my ranger suit power down, and I was lying facedown on the ground struggling to get up. The others ran over to me. “He seems okay.” Gatomon said. “Just a few bruises…”
 
That's when the others came and helped me up. “Hey, buddy… you okay?” Davis asked.
 
I nodded my head weakly as I looked up. “Yes… I'll be fine.”
 
Yolei took a good look at my face and she gasped. “I don't believe it. It really is you.” she said. “You're Mykan Zodiac.”
 
The others all raised their eyebrows, “Yolei… you know this guy?” asked Ken.
 
Yolei admitted she didn't know me directly, but had heard rumors and tales of someone with my name.
 
That's whenever everyone turned back to face me, and saw that my injuries had fully healed. I showed them the small black remote-box in my hand. “It's just a re-animator. It restores things to normal.” I told them.
 
Several questions flooded the minds of the other rangers and their Digimon. So they all took me back to Gennai's palace, where the whole gang, even Tai's group meet me, and told me about their struggles with General Lockhart.
 
Then it came for me to tell them about who I was, where I had come from, and what did I know about the past events and monsters.
 
Using Izzy's laptop… I showed them all the images of a statue at a site in London England, which was where I lived.
 
The statue was a larger than life-sized carving of myself and six others.
 
EST: 1780
 
This Statue has been dedicatedto the six brave Americans who fought with their souls to save the world as they knew it from disaster.
 
Mykan, Zodiac,
Vlad Zodiac,
James Hiller,
Sarah Philips,
Henri Lefebvre,
Moses.
 
May the angelsalwaysbless them!
 
(Yep… it's LIBERTY'S KIDS.)
 
“Whoa, whoa… 1780?” Matt said. “There's no way that they had this kind of stuff you had back then.”
 
“Indeed they didn't…” I said to him. “While I came here from the year 1780… I'm originally and actually from the year 2180.”
 
Everyone exchanged looks of “wow”
 
“You're from the future…?” Cody asked.
 
“Yes, and that's where it all started.” I said, and I told them everything…
 
 
Myself and my younger brother Vlad Zodiac We were two American college geniuses from the 22nd century where technology had been improved. We were orphaned some time ago in our age, but with the power of our genius minds and inventions to help the world, we became rich and moved to England to go to college.
 
It was there that we met Ebenezer; A spoiled young ten year-old college kid, who was just as genius-minded as we were, but jealous of our success, and was angered at the entire world for rejecting his failed inventions.
 
Among some of them was a Viral-Serum. It was originally meant to cure diseases but instead injected powerful materials into anyway objects that changed them into wicked diabolical creatures with devastating powers.
 
One day… determined to get back at everyone, and make them praise him; one of Ebenezer's devices had sent him back through time to the 18th century. I knew that he was up to no good so I followed him.
 
Ebenezer had plans to use his Viruses and his advanced technology from the future to destroy the past so that he may conquer the future and be praised throughout the ages.
 
As for me… with my genius brains, I was able to use the technology I had taken back with me, and with the help of my newfound friends, we used these powers to protect the world from Ebenezer's wrath, and preserve history as it was meant to be.
 
“POWER RANGERS… REVOLUTION!!”
 
 
 
By this point… all the others, even Gennai were so amazed they had nearly forgotten how to move. “Whoa… talk about a major turn of events.” Tai said.
 
“The battle continues in the past… and I'm here to stop Sakura.” I replied. “She's one of Ebenezer's minions; actually a ninja-figurine toy brought to life by viral-injections. If she succeeds in conquering this time and age, then my era is doomed my history in the past may never occur. Ebenezer may win, and then the Earth as we know it will be doomed.”
 
Many of the others gulped hard while others sweat-dropped in fear. “And now the Professor's got some of that viral-power in him…” Sora said. “He's going to be pretty hard to beat.”
 
“Well not entirely.” I said…
 
I told them all that I only them about how in my time the Digital-world and Digimon were only thought to be alleged stories, but I was not only pleased to find out that the rumors were true, but in fact that there were other rangers as well.
 
“Among the stories I heard, you all posses your own special types of power?” I asked. “Well, with my help… and your Digital technologies, we just may able to stand a chance, but we're going to need more help. I'll have to contact my friends and inform them of the situation.”
 
“Great idea…” Joe said, “But where are they now?”
 
“Not where; when.” I replied. That's when everyone remembered that the other five of my team mates were still in the year 1780. “Not to worry… I know what I'm doing.”
 
I asked if I could borrow Izzy's computer for a moment, and I began to work my ways. “Whoa...” Izzy muttered under his breath as he watched me work. “And I thought I knew how to make things.”
 
Before long, I had connected my Morpher to Izzy's computer, and rerouted the Digital systems to send signals back through a time-warp. Hopefully it would reach my brother's Morpher.
 
My message told Vlad about the other rangers, their Digimon, and all that stuff. It also explained that the situation was worse than anticipated and we'd need help. “Gather the other rangers, and come to this age at once.”
 
The message was sent. “And now… we wait, and hope he gets it.” I said, and then in almost no time… I received a new message.
 
“Yo' bro… got the message, but it's going to take a while to get there until I can lock us onto the correct time, and place. Catch ya then; Vlad.”
 
I told everyone to forgive my brother's street-smart words. “He's really a great guy… once you get to know him.” I said.
 
Nevertheless, my message had been answered, and it wouldn't be too long now until my teammates joined us. “So, now that that's done…” Yolei asked. “What do we do now?”
 
“We start by tracking down Sakura.” I answered. “There's no telling what she could be up to with that Professor by her side. Unfortunately, the blast that I took damaged my viral-tracer in my Morpher, and I won't be able to detect her without it.”
 
This was where Izzy decided to step in, “No worries. I can just track down the Professor.” he said. “He still has Shadow-Omnimon's body so I should be able to pinpoint his Digital-code… but it's going to take a while because the Viral-DNA is making it hard.”
 
“Great…” I said with glee. “Now then… while I fix my Morpher, you rangers should start preparing for battle, and the rest of you should begin finding backup.”
 
“Right…” Tai said. “I think I know just what we can do.”
 
The others, and their Digimon warped back to the real world, and began to put their plan into action, but it too was going to take some time.
 
As for the Digital-Rangers… with some extra help from Izzy and Gennai, I programmed the virtual-simulators to run programs of the kinds of monsters I faced.
 
“Gee Mykan… you really are a genius.” Kari said.
 
“Thanks.” I said to her as I worked the keyboard. “You could learn it too if you wanted to.”
 
The virtual-simulation began with the Digital-Rangers and their Digimon fighting off the Redcoats; which were in fact Ebenezer's army consisting of dummies made of a strong wax with a robotic-chip in their brains to give them life and movement.
 
They weren't Digimon, or one of Lockhart's creations, but the Digimons' job was to train in their zord forms. Like Lockhart's monsters, Ebenezer's could grow in size and power too. Without any training they would have lucky to even hope of landing a little damage.
 
As we all worked and trained I found the time to share with them some of the stories from my battles in the past and how I got to meet famous people like… THE Dr Benjamin Franklin… THE General George Washington… and all kinds of famous people.
 
As amazing as the stories were, the rangers and the others had to promise to keep what they heard to themselves, for fear of people getting big heads. “Traveling back in time is very risky.” I said. “Even if you know what you're doing it should still not be toyed with.”
 
Everyone couldn't agree more with me… and then we all carried on with our work.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Professor had some time to heal himself, but he was most aggravated. “Beaten by just one ranger?” he growled. “If I ever figure out who he is
 
“Welcome to my world.” Sakura said. “If I could only get that ranger out of the way, then my master would be able to rule the world more easily.” Then her gazer fell upon the canister of serum, which was still half-full. “And I think I know just how we can do it… Hmm, mm, mm..!”
 
The Professor was more than eager to know what she had planned…
 
Meanwhile
 
After a while, my Morpher was all fixed, and the rangers and their Digimon were finished their training. They even looked much stronger than before, and were ready to take on pretty much anything.
 
So far there hadn't been any word from Tai's group yet, and everyone was most curious as to what they had planned. In the meantime, we all had to keep a sharp watch for Sakura and the Professor.
 
Suddenly, Izzy got an email. “Hey…” he said in disbelief as he read it. “Mykan check this out.”
 
The message read…
 
“If you wish to stop the villains, we can help you do that. Mykan Zodiac, Davis Motomiya… come meet us in the real world, coordinates follow. Come alone…”
 
“Anonymous.”
 
Davis and I gazed at each other with confused looks. “Who sent us this?” Davis asked, “And what do they know about the monsters?” added Kari.
 
I myself did not like the looks of this message, and I could see right though it. “It's got to be a trick.” I said. “No one knows our identities, or about how to stop monsters of these types.”
 
Everyone suddenly began to catch on. “Wait… so you guysh aren't going out there?” Veemon asked.
 
I turned to stare at the little Digimon and said, “We most certainly are going.”
 
“WHAT?” everyone asked with shocked looks on their faces; especially Davis. “Whoa man… hold up here.” he said. “We're going… out there… when we know fully well it's a trap?”
 
I nodded my head, “Yes… however…” I paused sounding a little sneaky. “We're going to go in with a little surprise of our own.” and with that, I explained to the team of what we were going to do…
 
 
Once back in the real world, Davis and I walked down the road by and old abandoned shipping plant just outside the city. We we're surrounded by high huge, rusted, crates, and abandoned buildings. “This is it.” Davis said. “Just like the instructions said.”
 
“All right… stay alert.” I said.
 
As we continued to walk, the other rangers were all taking their places in super-secret hiding places. TK and Kari were hiding behind a series of crates, while Yolei and Cody were hiding in the buildings. Ken however was not with us… for I had sent him off on a special mission, and he would join us later.
 
Davis and I walked a little further, and then suddenly we were being attacked by powerful blasts which nearly flew us off our feet. We looked up, and there they were; Sakura and the Professor.
 
“Eh, heh, heh, ah, ah… Like catching mice with poison cheese.” The professor laughed.
 
“So… we we're right.” I snapped. “This was a set-up.”
 
Sakura smirked wickedly, “You bet that it was.” And with a snap of her fingers, several of the Wax-redcoats leapt out from their own hiding places, and had Davis and I completely surrounded from all directions, and all exits.
 
“All right Sakura… what do you want?” I asked sternly.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… isn't it painfully obvious?” Sakura asked. “We have the both of you right where we want you now, so that you may now be present to witness another little taste of my power.”
 
The Professor held up a small vial of a black fluid. Heh, heh, heh… This contains a few small traces of my DNA, and the DNA of Shadow-Omnimon.” He told us as he slowly poured the liquid onto the pavement.
 
Then Sakura held up the can of her viral-serum, “Now… watch what happens when I add a little of my master's invention to the liquid.” With that, she threw the canister hard on the pavement right into the liquid.
 
The vial had shattered and the two liquids began to bubble and expand before our eyes as it began to rise up in several blobs, growing bigger and bigger every second. Before we knew it… the blobs had burst and changed into miniature versions of the Professor's form. Twelve of them to be exact, and plus the Professor and Sakura that totaled twelve evil villains. “Awe man…! Tell me this isn't happening!” cried Davis.
 
“Oh but it is…” the Professor said. “We hold the upper hand now, and now it's time for you to make a choice.”
 
Sakura nodded in agreement. “The both of you shall now surrender to us, and turn in your ranger powers.” she demanded. “Once you're both out of the way… the other rangers should be easy pickings for us.”
 
The Professor agreed with her, “And if you choose not to surrender, rest assured we shall destroy you both right here and now.” he said. “Either way… victory shall be ours, and if you do not decide in the next five minutes, we shall destroy anyways. Hmm, mm, ah, ah…!”
 
“Five minutes rangers… what shall it be?” Sakura added, followed by her the Professor and their new monsters laughing manically.
 
Davis and I sweated with angry looks on our faces. Five minutes to decide over a losing situation this wasn't going to be good.
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
“Time's running out…make you're choice!”
 
“We'll never surrender.”
 
(A big battle begins)
 
The rangers struggle to put up a valiant effort against the evil viruses, and also gain back up from more power rangers.
 
“Power Rangers… Revolution!!”
 
“Power Rangers… Digital!!”
 
With the help of Mykan's friends, the two ranger teams manage to equalize the number of fighters, but will it be enough to destroy the villains?
 
Don't miss the battle of the century…
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
Author's notes:
 
Just to let everyone know a few things…
 
A: Power Rangers Revolution was the very first Power Ranger series fic I made, for more information and details about it check it out… located in the Cartoon section “LIBERTY'S KIDS”
 
B: Mykan Zodiac is just another one of those little alter egos of myself (Not the real thing, just a character)
 
C: Mykan Zodiac is only my POWER RANGER character; not my Digimon, or TRUE Liberty's Kids characters.