Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Power Rangers: Digital ❯ Showdown witht he Red-Ribbon Army ( Chapter 22 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE TWENTY-ONE
 
More and more Digimon were being captured, and taken away from their habitats and brought to Red-Ribbon army base where the evil soldiers planned to execute them all, unbeknownst to them all that somewhere over the open sea the Power Rangers and their Digimon are now racing towards the base to rescue all the captive Digimon and engage in a long awaited confrontation with General Conan Lockhart himself.
 
After defeating all his diabolical monsters, and thwarting all of his plans, the stage is now set as the rangers and their Digimon head deeper into the jaws of the enemy, with the fate of the Digital-world resting on their shoulders…
 
…It's time… for a showdown with the Red-Ribbon Army!
 
At his base, General Lockhart, and his pet, Black-Gatomon, we're in the main control room as the other soldiers continued to monitor the current activity outside and incoming toward the base.
 
“Don't forget to keep the missile defense systems deactivated for our incoming soldiers.” He said to his group.
 
A female solder turned and saluted to him, “All precautions have been attended to, General.” she said with seriousness in her eyes.
 
“I would not want anything to happen to my soldiers, or my powerful machines. Nor would I want any of the Digimon we've captured to escape.” replied Lockhart.
 
“No, sir…”
 
Lockhart sat in his chain stroking Black-Gatomon, “Just imagine it, my pet…” he said to her, “Soon there will be no more Digimon in this world who will defy me, and I shall reign supreme to spread my perfection everywhere.”
 
“It's wonderful honor, sir.” Black-Gatomon said, “A long dream of ours finally coming to pass.”
 
Lockhart's evil smile widened, and then he turned in his chair to face some more of his soldiers. “How sooner before the dungeons are completely filled?”
 
One of the soldiers saluted to him and said, “Just a few more captives, and we can begin the executing process… on your orders, sir.”
 
“Hmm, mm, mm-- excellent…”
 
Meanwhile
 
Halfway across to their destination, the rangers were still flying over the sea. “Can't you go any faster?” Ex-Veemon complained.
 
“You should talk…” argued Steel-Anyklomon, “You try being a super-ton tank with a heavy cargo on his back.”
 
“All right that's enough.” TK said. “We're going as fast as we can and we'll be there soon. I don't want to hear anymore complaints.”
 
There was a long hush of silence as everyone felt a little scared and shocked by TK's outburst. Angemon put a comforting arm around his partner, “Calm yourself TK…” he said to him. “We will make the army pay in due time, but we must wait.”
 
“He's got a point…” Cody said from inside the cockpit, “We'll be there in about ten minutes from now, but remember, Lockhart could start tracking us any minute.”
 
TK calmed down a little. “I'm sorry guys.” He said, “I'll try and keep calm but I'm not making promises.”
 
As they continued their journey, Davis noticed Kari was sitting at the end of hull all by herself, starring far out to sea. He walked over towards her, “Hey… you okay?” he asked her comfortingly as he sat next to her.
 
“I was just wondering… what if some of us really don't make it out alive?” she asked. “I mean… what would happen if we lost someone special to us?”
 
Davis put his hand on her shoulder and they both starred into the visors on each other's helmets. “Hey look, we're going to make it...” he said to her. “I won't let Lockhart win… and I won't let him hurt anyone anymore… especially not you.”
 
Even though he couldn't see through her helmet, Davis knew Kari was smiling at him.
 
Everyone else, even Cody could see them in their, what looked like, romantic moment, and they all felt happy for them both, but they were still waiting patiently for them to admit their feelings for one another.
 
 
While the rangers continued on their journey to the base, there was more action taking place elsewhere as several choppers from the army, carrying Digimon in nets on wires below them, were heading straight towards the sea.
 
When suddenly…
 
“WING-BLADE!!
 
Sora came ridding in on Garudamon, and used her fire powers to snap the wires and break the nets loose, allowing Mega-Kabuterrimon and Lillymon to catch the nets safely and set the Digimon free.
 
The soldiers were most furious. “You out there!” one of them called, “Surrender or be shot down.”
 
“Yeah right…!” Matt yelled back at them. “Get them, Metal-Garurumon!”
 
His Digimon agreed, and leapt up high, “ICE-WOLF-SPIKE!!” and fired his ice-bombs straight at the choppers, freezing the propellers. The solders had no choice but to eject themselves out, but there soon came reinforcements as huge tanks began to drive up towards the battle-zone.
 
“Gun-men… prepare to fire!” growled the leader, but before they could get any closer…
 
“Do it!” Joe shouted.
 
“Wipe them out!” added Tai
 
Zudomon and Wargreymon came rushing into action.
 
“VULCAN'S-HAMMER!!”Zudomon's hammer slammed the ground so hard that the ground gave way causing the tanks to tip over and be put out of action, and as for the other charging soldiers…
 
“TERRA-FORCE!!”
 
KAPOW!! Wargreymon fired his shot, not at the soldiers, but close enough for them all to be knocked off their feet and roll down the hills.
 
“Yeah! That's what I'm talking about.” Tai cheered.
 
The others couldn't help but think, “Typical Tai.”
 
Meanwhile
 
At the base, one of the soldier's computer screens began to track one of their units returning. “General… I have unit-84 in contact range.”
 
“Good…” said Lockhart, “Open audio contact. I want details.”
 
 
Over the sea, a jet fighter-craft was soaring towards the base, carrying a Seadramon in the net below the craft. “Roger that base…” he said into the radio, “Have captured targeted Seadramon, will rendezvous with base in five minutes.”
 
“Roger, and out.”
 
The pilot closed off his radio, and sat back in his seat continuing on course towards the island. Suddenly his radar began to detect a signal from right behind him. “Huh… what the--”
 
He looked round, behind him, and he could see Steel-Ankylomon with the rangers riding on him. “No… it can't be… not them?!”
 
Cody used his Zord's megaphone speakers to call out to the pilot, “You there… release hat Digimon!”
 
The pilot didn't obey, but instead made his jet go full speed in an attempt to get away. “He's not listening.” Steel-Ankylomon said,
 
“He had his chance…” growled Aquillamon as he prepared for attack.
 
“Wait…” cried Angewomon, “We have to free that Sedramon first.”
 
“Right… lets go.” added Angemon. They both flew off of Steel-Ankylomon and were barley able to catch up to the jet.
 
“CELESTIAL-ARROW!!”
 
The net was sliced…
 
“HAND-OF-FAITH!!”
 
…and with careful aim, Angemon vaporized the net, ultimately freeing the Seadramon. The pilot was most furious, and he turned on his radio, “Red-Alert… Red-alert!” he cried.
 
The two angels could hear him trying to relay a message back to the base, “Oh no you don't!” growled Angemon and he moved along side the plane, causing the pilot to freak out. “I'm out of here!” he cried as he ejected over the ocean just before…
 
“HAND-OF-FAITH!!”
 
BOOM!! Angemon thrust his fist right into the plane causing it to explode, giving the others a clear way to proceed forward.
 
Meanwhile
 
The signal faded, and the soldier didn't understand it. “Unit-84… I did not get that last message.” He called into the radio but there was no response “Come in, Unit-84!”
 
“What is wrong?” Lockhart asked.
 
“I think 84 has bee intercepted, sir.” replied the soldier.
 
“Intercepted…?” Lockhart asked all baffled, “By what…?”
 
Suddenly one of the other soldiers screamed as if he saw a ghost, “GAAAH!! General… I have some bad news, we're being invaded!”
 
“By What…?” Lockhart snapped in impatience. The soldier activated the big screen, and everyone could see the rangers riding on Steel-Ankylomon with their Digimon, and heading straight for the island.
 
Lockhart leapt out of his seat and gasped, “NO…!” he thundered, “What are those punks think they are doing?!”
 
That's when everyone noticed the rangers and their Digimon began to hold up a huge banner they had brought along with them which read; “Surrender, Lockhart!”
 
“I don't believe it myself, sir…” Black-Gatomon said, “But I those guys planning to attack us full force.”
 
Lockhart clenched his fists a tight as they would go, and gritting his teeth so fiercely. If it was a fight they wanted, then that was exactly what he was going to give them. “Turn the defense-systems back on… and call out the entire army!” he thundered, “We're going to need every soldier we have!”
 
The soldiers all began to man their stations, reactivating all the missile-defenses. “All systems are locked on, sir.”
 
“GRR! Alright punks… we are ready for you now!” Lockhart sneered.
 
 
Over the sea, Steel-Ankylomon was getting closer and closer, but then Cody's radar began to lock onto strange activities occurring under the sea. “Guys… I think they've spotted us.” he called up to the others.
 
That's when huge guns began to rise out from the water, “No, Cody…” cried Yolei. “They have spotted us!”
 
The guns began to fire from several different directions, “Look out!” cried Ex-Veemon.
 
Cody began to tug and pull on his controls as Steel-Ankylomon began to take evasive action. “Whoa! Everybody, hang on!” he called to the others.
 
The rangers and their Digimon held onto the steel-spikes on his back as Steel-Ankylomon began to twist, turn, dive, and climb… anything to avoid those blasts.
 
“Whoa… this isn't easy on the stomach!” cried Stingmon.
 
Then it got way worse, as missiles began to launch straight from the water, “Oh, man… they're everywhere!” cried Davis.
 
Missiles from the left, more from the right… it was getting harder to dodge them. Especially seeing as how some of the missiles had homing devices and wouldn't stop until they hit their targets.
 
 
“There're three on our tail.” cried Angewomon.
 
Cody tried to make his zord fly faster, “It's no good… they're gaining on us!” he cried.
 
Ex-Veemon and Aquilamon suddenly had an idea. “What are you guys doing?” asked TK.
 
“If we can't out fly them…” said Ex-Veemon.
 
“We'll blast them down.” added Aquilamon. “BLAST-WINGS!!”
 
“VEE-LASER!!”
 
The missile exploded when the attacks had hit them. This made it much easier to dodge and evade more attacks, and finally, “Hey… look!” cried Angemon.
 
There in the distance up ahead was a small island, that housed all the many Castles, Palaces, and all types of buildings, each with a red flag with white R-R's on them; the army base.
 
“Uh-oh… here comes the welcome wagon.” Steel-Ankylomon said as he motioned everyone to look at all the many fighter-planes gathering and heading towards them.
 
“Die, punks… DIE!!” shouted a pilot as all the planes began to fire their machine-guns at the team.
 
“CELESTIAL-ARROW!”
 
“HAND OF FAITH!!”
 
The Digimon were being careful not to attack to kill, and merely shot the planes so they began to crash, and the pilots had to eject. If however some were to in fact explode, it couldn't be helped and the creeps deserved it.
 
Finally, the base was wide open. “This is it...” Davis said. “Weapons, ready?” The rangers all pulled out their guns that Izzy had given them, and cocked the bolts. “All right… let's go!”
 
“RIGHT!!” the others all yelled.
 
 
In the main control room, Lockhart was getting angrier by the minute. “What is the point of having missiles if they can't even shoot down those pesky rangers!” he growled. “Listen! Make sure they stay outside of the base.”
 
But one of the soldiers turned to face him and said, “I'm afraid it's too late for that, sir. Sensors indicate that they're already in sector-12.”
 
Lockhart screamed as loud as he could, “SOUND THE ALARM!! LAUCH ALL FORCES!! NOW, NOW!!”
 
“Yes, Sir!”
 
The Red-alert began whir from all over the base as soldiers began rushing with their weapons armed, and a voice over the intercom cried out the orders…
 
“Attention… Attention all personal. Code-red sector-12. Find and destroy the intruders! Repeat; Find and destroy the intruders!”
 
Steel-Ankylomon CRASHED right through the wall, frightening the solders nearby. The rangers leapt off him, their Digimon took flight, and the BATTLE WAS ON!!
 
The Rangers fired their stun-guns, which knocked every soldier they hit out-cold. “FIGHT BACK!!” Davis shouted to his team.
 
There's a man who leads a life of danger
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger
With every move he makes another chance he takes
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.
 
Secret agent man, secret agent man
They've given you a number and taken away your name
 
 
The rangers even used some of their fighting skills to hit the soldiers hard.
 
Steel-Ankylomon even fired his “STEEL-CANNON!!” at two rooftops which knocked down all the soldiers from up high.
 
“We got to split up!” Davis said, “We'll cover more ground that way.”
 
“RIGHT!!” everyone agreed and took off in separate directions.
 
Beware of pretty faces that you find
A pretty face can hide an evil mind
Ah, be careful what you say
Or you'll give yourself away
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow.
 
TK and Cody ran off in one direction. “Gee the streets are sure empty for such a big place.” he said to Cody, but as they turned the corner, “Whoa… Look out!” cried Cody as another swat team began to fire their machine-guns like crazy.
 
Luckily Cody and TK's suit protected them, just as Izzy promised allowing them to stand a little ways in the open firing their stun-guns.
 
“DROP YOUR WEAPONS!!” TK shouted.
 
The soldiers didn't obey him, and foolishly continued to try and killing. “COME ON… DIE ALREADY!!” But in the end it was the soldiers who got conked out letting the boys get away.
 
 
Secret agent man, secret agent man
They've given you a number and taken away your name
 
More soldiers were still in their jets, or in high-places armed heavily, but Yolei and Ken wasted no effort in making short work of the soldiers.
 
Yolei even continuously rammed kicks into a male-soldier's gut, “You guys make me sick… sick… SICK!!” until he slammed into the wall.
 
Many more soldiers were running down the metal-stairs, giving Ken the upper hand with his electo-whip. “ELECTRO-CURRENT!!”
 
The soldiers were shocked and knocked out cold.
 
Secret agent man, secret agent man
They've given you a number and taken away your name
 
 
The Digimon and Steel-Ankylomon were maintaining an aerial battle with all the jets; blowing them down before they could attack the rangers from overhead.
 
HORN-BUSTER!!” Aquilamon's horns glowed brightly as he sped right past two jets, blowing them up in an instant.
 
“SPIKING-STRIKE!!” Stingmon slashed his stinger at a large tall pillar casing it to fall over and crush more planes that came along its way.
 
Ex-Veemon however did a load of damage. “VEE-LASER!!” Not only did his laser attack blow out three jets in a row, but it even continued along and hit the main building.
 
Lockhart and his soldiers were all being rocked about as the room trembled and shook as control panels burst. “What is happening!” Lockhart screamed!
 
With the jets shot down, Davis and Kari had a feeling they were getting closer to the dungeons, because the number of swat-teams were growing larger as they tore through them.
 
“Over here, men!”
 
Swingin' on the Riviera one day
And then layin' in the Bombay alley next day
Oh no, you let the wrong word slip
While kissing persuasive lips
The odds are you won't live to see tomorrow.
 
“There's too many of them!” Kari cried.
 
“You try and make it to the dungeon… I'll cover you.” said Davis
 
Kari nodded and rushed off leaving Davis to deal with the soldiers.
 
Secret agent man, secret agent man
They've given you a number and taken away your name
 
In the main control-room, despite most of the consoles being damaged, the tracking-equipment could still detect the rangers' positions. “General… the Pink ranger seems to be heading right for the dungeons.”
 
Lockhart growled angrily, “I should have guessed; she is going to try and free all of the Digimon we caught!”
 
Black-Gatomon hopped down from Lockhart's chair, “Sir… you should evacuate to a safer place.” she said with concern.
 
“What?!” snapped Lockhart, “I run from no one, Black-Gatomon… and that includes those pesky rangers.”
 
“But General… just look at where we stand.” replied Black-Gatomon, “We tried as best as we could but those kids are just too much for us to handle. They took out all the best monsters we created, and their tearing the army like their made of paper.”
 
 
Lockhart opened his mouth to argue, but then suddenly, he had an idea. “Yes… it may work.” he sniggered. “Come, my pet… to the dungeons!”
 
Black-Gatomon had no clue of what Lockhart was planning, but she followed him in any case…
 
Secret agent man
 
“You little punk…! We got you now!” growled a solider.
 
“Oh yeah… think again!” Davis snapped, and quickly dodging their bullets and whipping out his Digi-saber, he sliced all their guns in half.
 
“Whoa… forget this… I quit!” and some of the soldiers began to retreat while others lay unconscious all over the place.
 
 
As for Kari, she fought her way past any guards she came across and found the dungeon where so many poor Digimon were being held prisoner. “Hang on, I'll get you all out.” she said.
 
She then whipped out her sword and smashed the controls which burst the cages wide open. “All right go… everyone out, quick!” she shouted, and with her words all the Digimon began to fly and make their way out safely, all returning safely to their natural homes.
 
Kari jumped for joy that the Digimon were set free, but suddenly without warning, a large steel cage dropped down on her. “Hey! What's happening?” she cried.
 
That's when Lockhart and Black-Gatomon leapt out from the shadowy-corners, “Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah! Well done, Pink Ranger.” Lockhart said wickedly.
 
Kari's face began to turn red with anger behind her helmet, “Lockhart…”
 
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… yes.” replied Lockhart, “I commend you, and all the others for making it this far, but I can assure you, the tables are about to turn!”
 
Kari tried to slash the bars with her saber, but the moment the energy-blade made contact did an electrical current shock her badly.
 
“Ah-ah-ah…No-no-no… mustn't touch.” Black-Gatomon giggled evilly. Those bars have super-absorbing currents flowing through them. Nothing goes in… and nothing comes out.”
 
“What are you going to do with me?” Kari asked all worried.
 
 
Outside… the last of the soldiers began to make their retreat off the island, while all the rest were laying flat on the ground, half-tipped over railings, or even dead from being shot at.
 
All the rangers, their Digimon, and Steel-Anyklomon met in the center of the base, all of them slapping high-fives, hugging, and cheering for joy, and who could blame them. They had just single-handedly wiped out an entire elite force.
 
“Hey… wait a minute.” Davis said as he looked around, “Where's Kari?”
 
“We thought she was with you.” cried Angewomon.
 
There was suddenly an outburst of panic, and worrisome, but then suddenly, Aquilamon could see a helicopter rising up above the base. “Hey guys… look there.” he called.
 
Everyone looked up, and they saw the helicopter. “And what's that underneath it?” Yolei asked.
 
Cody got a good view of what appeared to be a cage, using Steel-Ankylomon's view-scope, “It's-- it's Kari!” he cried out.
 
Everyone winced, but as they began to make a move, Lockhart called down to them from the chopper's megaphone, “Stay where you are… or the ranger dies!”
 
“LOCKHART!!” Davis screamed, “LET HER GO!!” but the chopper began to fly away over the ocean taking poor Kari along, “Help me!” Kari cried, “HELP!!”
 
Davis ran along the pathways keeping his eye on the chopper, until her reached the shoreline and could go no further. “No… No!” he cried, “KARI!!!”
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”
 
“If you ever want to see you're precious Pink Ranger again, come meet me Iguazu Fallsriver tonight, and surrender your powers to me.”
 
Lockhart blackmails the rangers into a final confrontation that decides their fate, as well as Kari's.
 
“I have to go. I have to save Kari!”
 
“We're with you all the way.”
 
As the rangers travel to the river, Lockhart plans to raise the stakes a little by feeding Kari to the Crocodiles, and has his new Lady-Devimon deal with the other rangers.
 
(A battle peruses)
 
(Kari is being swept towards the falls)
 
“HELP… HELP!!”
 
“KARI!!”
 
Is this truly Kari's final scene? Will Black Gatomon have her revenge on Lockhart? Don't miss the exciting final episode…
 
“NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS DIGITAL”