Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ Why Davis, Why?! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
The next day, Kari had a hard time convincing herself what happened last night really happened, but she did have the whole thing tapped on her camera, and it was true.
 
Davis was dressed like a Gothic-Rebel, and using a heavy-metal song that the whole neighborhood, and even the police were in on, to scare away Cassie.
 
When she and the others showed it to Cody at the mall that day, Cody was speechless. “This is just nuts.” he said.
 
“Tell me about it.” said Yolei. “And dig this… I passed Cassie in school today, and she had mug-shots. Just like Charmaine and Kagura.”
 
So it was starting to come together. It explained a lot if things… The girl weren't Dating Davis because he had obviously been using this little set up of his to scare them all away. Which also explained why Davis wasn't getting a lot of sleep.
 
Anyone who went that wild late at night would have a hard time sleeping.
 
“But, I still don't get it.” Cody said. “We know what's going on… but why is Davis doing this?”
 
That's what they all wanted to know. Davis had been chasing away a lot of girls, and no one could tell who was next to get caught in his trap. “He's doing this for some reason… and I think we should have a little intervention with him.” Kari suggested.
 
 
They walked into “Spin-This” and Serena was really glad to see them. “Davis has been acting really weird lately.” she said. “Just have a look.”
 
They could all see Davis was dressed in the same Rebel-Outfit he wore during the song last night. He was manning the DJ's post for the day and playing tunes for everyone.
 
“This next tune's going to all you dudes out there who love to fly solo, and carefree.” he said over a microphone. He played the song, and lots of the single teenage boys liked it a lot.
 
Davis even moved to the beat a bit, until Serena called him to ask him about something. Davis went with her, and he was lead into the recording studio where he was confronted by the others, and they didn't have happy expressions on their faces… not even Serena did.
 
“Okay Davis… start talking.” TK said. “We know what you've been really up to.”
 
Davis put on a fake smile and tried to weasel his way out if it. “Up to? I'm not up to anything.” he said.
 
“Don't lie to us, Davis!” Kari snapped. “We saw what you did to Cassie. We were there.” She showed him what she tapped last night, much to Davis' disgust.
 
“You guys were spying on me?!” he asked irritated.
 
The others nodded. “I can't believe you, Davis.” Serena said. “No wonder Charmaine hasn't been the same. How could you do this to her?”
 
“Not just her…” Yolei cut in. “But every girl who's ever liked you.”
 
Davis, realizing he was caught red handed, decided to come clean. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a police pan-flit about the latest stunt being performed.
 
Davis told them it was called, “WOMANS” Women Or Men Against Night Stalkers. It was a little thing the police had started to help reduce the cases of love-stalking.
 
Anyone who was being troubled, bothered, by stalkers, either men or women was allowed to sign up, provided they pay for their fees. “Hey, working in the Heavy-Metal section sure does help.” Davis joked.
 
Then, by the police's permission, the member of WOMANS was allowed to organize a stunt, or event to help trap the stalkers where the police could come and inform the stalkers not to go bothering the victim again.
 
Provided of course the stunt was neither violent, sexual-harassment, nor resulted in theft.
 
So what Davis did was, he spoke to the people in his neighborhood about his stunt which was performing the Rebel Girl song late at night. Those who didn't wish to participate just slept with earplugs to tone down the loud music.
 
Davis, whenever he was being bothered by girls who kept on bothering him, asking him for a date, he would accept, then slip the girl a piece of paper with song lyrics on it that the girl would be required to memorize for the song.
 
Davis would then send a warning to the police, who were also in on the song idea, and they were to come and party along until up to the point when they would take the girl home and warn her not to bother Davis again.
 
Even though Davis' stunt was disturbing the piece, because the police were in on it as well, and issued it as part of their plans, then no one could report or press charges against it.
 
“So any time a girl tries to get on my nerves I just lead her right into my trap and scare her off.” Davis said. “That's why I don't get a lot of sleep at night.”
 
Well, that explained a lot. “But Davis… Why?” Ken asked irritably. “Why are you doing this. You're hurting a lot of girls who really like you.”
 
“And more importantly…” Cody cut in. “Why are you doing this to yourself? All this lack of sleep, and this rocking every night isn't good for you.”
 
Davis remained silent, and took off his shades. He looked as though his mind was in another dimension, and his eyes seemed empty.
 
“Davis.” Kari asked calmly. “Why are you doing this? If there's something really bothering you, why didn't you talk to me like you used to.”
 
Davis and Kari, before TK ever showed up, they always made a pack to tell each other if something was bothering them, and they always tried their best to help each other out, but they hadn't done that in years in since TK ever came to school.
 
Davis's face twisted into a painful struggle. “I couldn't go you for help.” he said softly yet deeply. “You're the reason I'm this way now.”
 
 
The others winced in confusion.
 
“What, Me?” Kari asked. “But, why?”
 
Davis stood up, and walked a little bit away from her with his fists clenched tight. “Because of you and TK. That's why!” he answered angrily.
 
“What do you mean us?” TK asked. “You're mad because were dating? We thought you got over your crush of Kari.”
 
“Yeah… you even gave us your support in our dating.” Kari added.
 
Davis snuffed. “Pah… and you actually went for that? It was a lie… A LIE!!!”
 
His voice captured everyone's attention outside the recording studio, as they were all staring through the glass. Serena quickly pulled up the privacy curtains. “Davis, what's the matter with you.” she asked. “You're not the sweet kid I hired a couple of years back.”
 
“You're right… I'm not.” Davis said. “That guy's gone, and he's never coming back.”
 
He went on with his next tale…
 
Girls never really liked Davis, and always treated him as a Dork, or a Geek. He became Captain of the Soccer team, he changed his ways a little, and he even showed everyone he could be real sweet and kind…
 
Still, no girls ever liked him. If anything they only saw him even worse than before. “A Freak… nothing to them I was but freak!” he said as he gritted his teeth.
 
Kari was the only girl who ever showed any respect and kindness for him as much as he dreamed of. She was everything he hoped for in life, and he was sworn they were meant to be.
 
Then TK came to school, and Kari began to turn away from Davis…
 
Flirting with TK for the sole-purpose of making Davis feel Jealous. Getting him stuck in all the lousy jobs. Now they were even dating and it became official that Davis had lost everything.
 
So he decided that was it… if be couldn't be with Kari, and he couldn't ever find happiness with anyone else. Then he decided to fly solo right to the end. Which is why he stopped hanging out with the gang.
 
He couldn't be near TK and Kari, or any other couples, because of all the great pain it brought on him. Then girls started to bother him, harassing him for a date. “They had their chance and they blew it… but they didn't want to take “No” for an answer.”
 
“So I started project Rebel Girl with WOMANS, and here I am today.” He breathed a much needed sight of air. “Now if you'll excuse me.” and he got up and left leaving the others speechless, and utterly concerned.