Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ What to do? ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
The next day, was a Friday before spring break. A lot of the students in school were going on, talking about all the plans they had… only Kari was… miles away already.
 
“Davis still likes me?” she kept saying to herself over and over that day. “I can't believe it. Now look at what's happened.”
 
Davis had had changed far too much over the past couple of years. That sweet guy who always kept going, even under unbeatable odds to save the day… she paused for a moment just realizing something. “Did I just think… sweet?”
 
Whatever he case was, now that Davis was gone, and instead there was this new rebel version of him. A rebel who was going to dangerous limits to keep girls away from him. He was falling apart.
 
She honestly didn't know what to do for him. He was rebelling against other girls, and doing himself great emotional harm, and it was all because she was with TK, and he could accept that.
 
She was still even thinking about it that afternoon at the mall. “Kari?” TK called. “Earth to Kari…”
 
Kari snapped out of it. “Sorry… I have a lot on my mind.” she said. She tried to change the subject to make what said sound believable, but everyone could see right through her.
 
“We're all worried about him, Kari.” Cody said.
 
Ken sighed sadly to himself. His best friend, the one who accepted him, and forgave him after his evil ways, where all others threw him down… he was on the verge of snapping. To Ken, Davis looked like an even darker version of his old and long gone Digimon-Kaiser ways.
 
“I'm really starting to get worried.” Ken said. “There's got to be something we can do to snap him out of it.”
 
Suddenly, they could see Davis walking through the hallway. He was still dressed in his Rebel outfit, only now he even applied black make-up around his eyes and, streaks on his cheeks. He was starting look like a regular Goth than a rebel.
 
“Davis, wait up!” cried Yolei.
 
Davis turned and saw the gang coming towards him. “Will you guys just back off?!” he said with a dark tone.
 
“Stop it, Davis! We need to talk.” Cody said. “You've got to stop this rebelling against girls.”
 
Yolei held her compact-mirror up to Davis. “Just look at yourself… you look like a messed up mime.” she said.
 
Davis got a good look at himself, “W'ever” he said as he gave them all the hand.
 
TK's eyes narrowed. “What did you just say?!” he asked sternly.
 
“You heard me… Wha'… ever.” Davis replied. “I don't want to talk any of you guys. Thanks to you and your little intervention, Serena's put me on suspension without pay until I get my act together.”
 
“Davis…” Kari said. “We just want to help you.”
 
Davis snuffed. “Pah… you guys… especially you and TK?” he mocked. “You guys being the cause of my pain, and freezing me from my job at “Spin-This”, you want to help me?!”
 
He voice seemed to pierce their very souls. “Look Davis!” TK snapped. “You're acting all spoiled and stubborn here, and I can't take much more of this. We just want to help you.”
 
“Then help me… by not helping me!” Davis growled. “Now excuse me while I take this knife out of my back.”
 
TK winced. “I can't believe you just said that.”
 
“Guys, guys… stop this, both of you!” Kari snapped as she came between them both.
 
Davis brushed his shirt. “You know what… W'ever.” he snapped. “You guys just listen, and listen good… I am going to keep this up. I will continue to use my song and scare girls away, and I will never move on… and Nothing and No one CAN STOP ME!!”
 
He stomped off leaving the others to realize… “No wonder Serena suspended him.”
 
Later that night
 
TK and Kari were on their way home from a date to help them cool down, but it just didn't work. TK was still aggravated from what Davis had said, and Kari was still a little petrified at how he had reacted.
 
“What are we going to do?” she cried. “What can we do?” Davis seemed so incredibly unstable, he looked as though he was ready to explode at any moment.
 
“Kari… I'm not so sure we should keep trying anymore.” TK said.
 
Kari winced and turned to face him with sharp eyes.
 
“Look just here me out…” he replied. “If he wants to be this way, and he doesn't want anyone to help him--”
 
“We should give up?! Is that what you're saying?” Kari snapped. “TK I'm shocked. We can't just let Davis go like this. For all we know, he could keep this up and lose what's left of his sanity.”
 
“And what if he keeps this up, and someday does it to someone who won't take it lightly? For all we know, he could kill himself doing this, and you say we should give up?! I don't think so Takeru Takashi.” and she ran off.
 
“Kari… Kari wait, I--” but she was already out if sight. Never feeling so angry in his life before, TK furiously kicked a can halfway up the street. He had a little score to settle now, so he rolled up his sleeves and began heading towards Davis' neighborhood.
 
He got there and he could see Davis was scaring off another girl with his song, and the police were already on their way.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Davis)
 
-Leaned out a little lower,
“Leapin' Lizards” I yell.
“You gotta learn a lesson,
hey it's late, get lost Rebel Girl,
You're wakin' up the neighbors,
please leave us in peace.
 
(Police sirens and lights)
 
Looks like you're outta' luck, Rebel Girl,
here comes the po-luh-luh-lice!”
 
(The police fill out of the cars)
 
(Police-Woman)
 
-Hey little Rebel Girl,
you're too loud, loud, loud.
We know you're lost and lonely,
without a crowd, crowd,
CROWD, CROWD!!
 
(Davis and others run out onto the lawn)
 
But listen Rebel girl,
we got laws, laws, laws!
 
(Others stand on their balconies and through windows)
 
(Girl)
 
I'm just a Rebel Girl,
Without a cause, cause, cause!
 
(EVERYONE)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Music goes REALLY wild as they ALLmoveHARDto the beat!!)
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
The song kept going until the police dragged the girl away and took her home. Then the music ceased and the crowd cheered for joy that they had scared off yet another one.
 
TK, who was hiding behind a shrub nearby, decided enough was enough. “Davis… you're going to stop this one way or the other!” he muttered to himself.