Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ Gone too far ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The police were gone with the girl, the song finished, and all his neighbors had gone back home to their respective apartments. Davis decided to sit on a bench for bit and relax.
 
He sipped from his water bottle, and even took some pills to help his voice which was getting a little hoarse from all the loud singing and shouting he had been doing. Not to mention his lack of sleep still with him.
 
He lay back on the bench and sighed hard. “So this is my life?” he asked particularly no one. “Well… I suppose things could always get worse.”
 
He suddenly wondered if things actually could get worse. Once in a while he actually thought of how different things would be if Kari had chosen him over TK. They could be together just as he always wanted and he'd never be tormented by his inner pain again.
 
“Who am I kidding?” he muttered out loud. It was bad enough she had to choose TK, but did she have to make things all the more worse for him. Worse than that, nothing had gone right for him ever since.
 
To him, Kari was now nothing but a virus, a deadly illness clouding his life, and the very source of all his pain causing him to become a Rebel Rocker.
 
“I'll show her…” he said as he crumpled a pinecone he had found. “I'll show them all… they had their chances, and they blew it.” he crushed the pinecone to dust and smiled wickedly. “Heh, heh, heh… Yeah, I have the cops on my side, I'm a free man… I can do anything I want!”
 
“Think again!” growled a voice from behind him.
 
Davis looked up and saw TK walking up to him with anger in his eyes. Davis rolled his own eyes up. “Some guys just never learn.” he muttered. “What the heck are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay out of my sight?”
 
“Yeah, well keep talking.” TK said sternly. “Now you're going to listen, and you're going to listen good.”
 
“I don't need to listen to anything coming from you.” Davis snapped. “Haven't you done enough to me already, or have you forgotten to stab me again?”
 
TK's head throbbed. “I've had just about enough of you saying that.” he said. “And that goes double for you and your crazy little stunt.”
 
Davis walked straight up to the other man, “This crazy stunt…” he said with sarcasm. “Is my lifestyle now no thanks to you, and to Kari for ripping out my heart and stepping on it.”
 
“She made her choice and it was me. You'll just have to accept that.” TK snapped with his blood boiling. “Kari still values you as a friend, and you growl at her like a banshee.”
 
“There's lots of other girls out there who'd kill to be with you, and you're brushing them off like crazed maniac!”
 
“A crazed maniac, because of YOU!!” Davis yelled. “Ooh, if only you hadn't shown up made Kari fall for you, and taken away everything that was important to me!”
 
TK was finding it harder to contain his rage building up inside. “Davis… stop it!” he snapped. “You're acting like the spoiled brat we've all come to know. Now, either you stop this craziness now, or I'll…”
 
“You'll do nothing, weakling!” Davis cut in.
 
TK eyes were now burning beat-red. “What… did you… just CALL ME!!”
 
“You heard me, or is you're hat over your ears… WEAKLING!!” Davis snapped. “I got news for you pal… you're not better than me, and never were better than me. You like the other chickened out when I risked my life to save you all.”
 
“You and Kari may have Hope and Light on your sides, but guess what… there is no Hope… There is no Light…. There is no “Let's just be friends. …and there is certainly no forgiveness.”
 
Davis made it quite clear that if he could have Kari, he'd disown her as a friend, keep his distance from her and the others, and never ever dare find someone else.
 
“I have the power… I've always had the power, so you can quite fooling yourself “TA! No one can stop me… least of all, you!” but finally TK had lost all his patience.
 
WHAM!! TK's fist contacted with Davis' face and he fell hard onto the payment as TK started ramming kicks into his body.
 
As Much as Davis wasn't hoping it would come to this… he raised his leg and gave TK and huge BOOT in the gut allowing Davis to get up and give him some payback.
 
He grabbed a hold of TK's head, ands bashed it hard on his knee, but then TK quickly grabbed Davis' arms and whirled him back hard into a lamppost, and then pulled hard on Davis' earrings ripping them right off his ears. “YEEEOOOW!!”
 
His ears throbbing, and bleeding a bit, but Davis was far to pent up with rage to feel the pain, and he elbowed TK's chest hard, and he took off his golden-chain necklace and began choking him with it.
 
TK, gagging managed to take off his hat and blind it over Davis' face confusing the other man, allowing him to hold Davis by the neck against the post, and ram multiple punches into his stomach.
 
Suddenly, the police had returned, responding to one of the neighbors calling to report a disturbance in the peace, and fight going in the street.
 
The police arrived on the scene to see TK still beating Davis up silly, and then Davis had enough strength to fight dirty, and gave TK one huge kick in the nuts. The other and moaned in agony holding himself.
 
Both boys were badly bruised, and stained with blood. Even their outfits were tore. TK began to charge straight towards Davis but was suddenly grabbed from behind. “All right, hold it!!”
 
TK growled and fussed about to break free from the police, but he was thrown against their car, and handcuffed. “Relax!” the officer growled to the crazed man. “Calm down!”
 
Davis also got cuffed, but he decided to just go along quietly. Despite the fact he was only defending himself, he was still taken in for assault, while TK was thrown in for starting the assault, being the cause of the disturbance in the peace, and for resisting arrest.
 
The boys were thrown into separate cars, and taken away, and while on their way to the station they passed by Yolei and Ken were on their way home from a date.
 
“Yolei, look!” cried Ken.
 
Yolei could see the boys in the police cruisers, hand-cuffed and badly bruised. “Oh, no.” she peeped. “We better tell Kari… she's not going to like this.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari had been asleep for a while when her phone rang. “Huh? Yolei… what's going on.” Silence, and more silence followed, and then the silence was broken by Kari dropping the phone and letting it hit the floor.
 
“No.” she peeped, having a sneaky feeling of what happened. “How could he?”