Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rebel Girl ❯ He needs help ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
The next morning…
 
Davis and TK spent the night at the police station… behind bars. At least they were given separate cells to themselves so they could keep away from each other.
 
Not it mattered. Davis was released the next morning on his light punishment. However, he was also expelled from his place on the WOMANS patrol list, so he could no longer use his Rebel Girl song to chase girls away.
 
As for TK… if he hadn't been bailed out by his mother, he'd have to have spent all of spring break locked up as he was the main cause behind the disturbance the other night.
 
Worse than that, Tai, and the others were all coming home for Spring Break and they couldn't be more disappointed when they were told of what happened. Yolei even showed them all Kari's recording of Davis doing the song.
 
“So let me get this straight…” Matt said. “Davis has been using this to scare away girls?”
 
Yolei nodded. “He hasn't slept well in weeks, and he's really been falling apart with all this.” she said.
 
Tai sighed and put a hand to his head. “I had a feeling something like this would happen.” he said.
 
“You mean you knew about this all along?” Cody asked.
 
Tai explained to everyone he and Davis had been emailing each other secretly ever since Tai knew that Davis was emotionally unstable that Kari chose to be with TK over him, but that was about all he knew of. “I never thought he'd even do anything so desperate to keep girls away from him.”
 
“You think maybe he's sick?” asked Sora. “I mean… have you seen the way he's dressed himself?” From what they had all heard, Davis went home in his damage Rebel outfit, and still never took it off.
 
“Hmm… the way Davis is acting….” Izzy said. “I'd say his emotional and mental health are being disoriented due to the lack of joyous feelings, attention span, and a lack of recreation.”
 
Everyone raised their eyebrows. “Uh, yeah… Professor. We didn't understand that…. can you repeat it?” Joe said.
 
Izzy sighed and rephrased himself saying that Davis's lack of sleep, and the fact that he had no romance in his life was the cause of his stress.
 
“Look it's simple… he needs a girlfriend, and fast.” Matt said. “I don't blame him for all this. Even I'd go all nuts like that if I didn't have anyone special.” he smiled at Sora, and she smiled back.
 
“Where is Davis anyway?” asked Mimi. “Maybe we should all go talk to him.”
 
“Oh, Jun went over to check-up on him.” Tai said. “She said he's really been taking this losing his song playing hard. She said he locked himself in his room and didn't come out all morning.”
 
Suddenly, everyone noticed Kari and TK weren't with them either.
 
They knew TK was at home. He was grounded for what he did and he had to do some chores to make up for what he did if he ever wanted to enjoy his Spring Break.
 
Kari had also broken up with TK. Not just for beating Davis up like that, but for acting hostile, and mean towards him.
 
“Until you can decide how you want to act… don't bother calling me.”
 
Suddenly, everyone had a good idea where Kari was. “Oh, no… please don't tell me?!” cried Tai.
 
Meanwhile
 
Jun was sitting with Mom and Dad at the table, unable to figure out what to do about Davis. He had been in his room for hours and hours and he simply just refused to come out. Not even to get any food, but they did leave him his lunch tray in his room.
 
“He's looking a little pale.” Jun said. “And he's got bags under his eyes, but I honestly don't know what to do for him. He didn't say word to me.”
 
In her study to be a doctor, Jun also took the time to study psychology and tried working some of her studies on Davis, but nothing she could do worked.
 
“Poor kid.” Dad said. “He's really taken this bad.”
 
Both Davis' parents had supported him in what he had been doing. They weren't people to force their son to fall in love with a girl against his will. Still, they wish he would beat himself up like this.
 
Some time after mom and dad had gone out, there was knock at the door. Jun answered it. “Kari.”
 
She nodded. “Can I please come in?” she whispered.
 
Jun could tell why she had come, but wasn't so sure if it was a good idea to let her in. “Uh… he's not here.” she said trying to cover it up. “He went out for a breath of air.”
 
Kari could sense Jun was lying and so she found a way to unmask Jun. “Did he say where he was going, or when he was coming back?”
 
Jun knew she was licked. There was nowhere Davis would go, or anything he'd do. “Please Kari… Leave him alone. You're bad news to him.”
 
“Jun please…” Kari begged softly. “I have to talk to him.”
 
Jun sighed. “I know I'm going to regret this.” but she let her in.
 
Kari heard everything of how Davis did call TK a weakling, but still. That didn't give TK the right to do what he did. She also blamed herself for a bit of what happened, as TK went off to Davis after she had yelled at him.
 
Davis may have beaten TK up, and almost even choked him too… but he was only trying to defend himself.
 
Still… because of it, now Davis wasn't allowed to use his Rebel Girl song anymore, and he was really in no mental condition to talk to any girls, which would explain why he locked himself up.
 
She finally made it to Davis' door. She knocked, but here was no answer. She knocked again, still no answer. “Davis?” she called softly. “Davis? Can come in?” still no response.
 
The door wasn't locked, so she just walked right in. Davis' room was all dark with the blinds pulled tightly shut around the doors to the balcony. Not a ounce of sunlight got through.
 
Davis himself was lying flat on his bed, still in Rebel outfit, just staring off at the ceiling. He looked as though he had been there for years. He didn't move, or make a sound. The only hint that he was alive was his soft breathing, and the occasional blinking of his eyes.
 
Kari noticed his lunch tray hadn't even been touched. “Hey… you haven't eaten a thing.” she said to him, but Davis still didn't even move, but he finally spoke up.
 
“Why bother. All the food in the world's not going to help me now.” he said weakly. “What you even doing here anyway?” he asked but then just rolled over turning away from her. “Never mind… I don't want to know.”
 
Kari could see this was going to be tougher than she thought, but she wasn't going to give up. She was just hoping she would be able to get through to him.