Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Rejoin the Past ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rejoin the Past

Chapter 2: Sense

By shadowpoet

A/n: [Jeri/Takato]
-----
Jeri's POV
It's nice to know that my friends are back. Ever since Leomon died I haven't really interacted with anything. Takato told me that he wanted to be an author. On our way to my house I toldhim that I wanted to be a nurse. My dad doesn't really know, but Takato reacted much more supporting than I thought.

--flashback---
"Watcha been up to?" Jeri started a conversation.
"Heh. I'm thinking of becoming an author." Takato admitted.
"Not to bea downer, but why?"
"Well, I know that Takeru already did it after Digimon zero, but I think that's cool."
"I see."
"How about you?"
"Me.."
"Ya." Takato pushed the button to cross the street.
"...I want to be a nurse." Jeri moved her glasses.
"That's cool."
"I like to help people. Like my family or others." Jeri added.
"Don't worry about it. I'm not telling you not to." Takato stopped at a split walk. "Jeri, whatever you chose is cool."
-EnD-

Jeri stepped out of her new house. It was a quiet neighborhood with houses similar to hers. Her brother had gone to the nearby elementary where he claimed he saw Suzie Wong. Jeri began walking to her school. On the way, Rika bikes the opposite way. None of them really see each other though.

Jeri brought along a book with her. She covered the book so that her dad wouldn't see. Jeri's dad was over protective after the whole digimon thing. She wasn't sure if he's let her into the bussines. As she walked across the busy crosswalk, Kazu and Kenta are five people behind her.

Now that we've gotten together again, I don't feel alone anymore. Takato and the others are back. At least I could trust them again. Leomon made me realize that giving up wouldn't do any good. So I'll try to be a nurse and pass my science classes!

She entered the school gates. Takato was sitting on a bench under a tree. The dark-brownbrick walls led her to him.

"Hi."
"Good Morning." Jeri sat down beside him.
"Has your D-arc responded to anything?" Takato brought up.
"Oh.."

--flashback--
It was night and Jeri's little brother had just gone to bed. She made her way to her room and closed the lights. Right when she was about to go to bed, she heard a faint beeping in her backpack.

'My d-arc..?'Jeri got her digivice out. A shadow quickly passed her window. Jeri sensed it and turned around to find nothing.
-EnD-

"..ya, it did." Jeri realized.
"Mine did too."Takato sighed."Do you think the digimon are coming back?"
"Well..maybe." Jeri watched a soccer game currently being played.
"Hey Jeri, waiting for me?" Kazu smiled.
"What?"
"Nothing. I'm just playing okay Takato?" Kazu nervously responded.
"Ah.."

Jeri shrugged and got up. She checked her homework and went for class. Takato followed and Kazu went to his own class. Once Takato and Jeri got to their seats, Kenta also had his D-arc activated. So, they met at the park.

"Could it mean that digimon are coming?" Ryo played with a card.
"The digimob aren't even here." Takato stared at the hole.
"I think it's just because we found each other." Rika contuned to do something on a paper."After all, it did stop when we departed."
"There was anothersense. Something was there." Takato recalled. He heard something out his window and checked it.
"It was like something waswatching me." Kazu remembered. Everytime he had moved, it felt like something was there.
"Ok, maybe I had an eerie feeling." Rika stopped her pencil. She was going to enter her room, but the darkness felt like something was going to jump at her.
"I don't get it. Digimon haven't shown up for 2 years." Henry tried to think back."My dad's studies don't have anything on it."
"But Rika has a point." Jeri brought up." Our D-arcs can sense both digimon and humans."
"That still doesn't explain the weird sense." Kazu opened his jacket.
"Maybe we're becoming paranoid." Ryo leaned against the gate.
"All right let's settle something." Rika stood up and put her stuff away."What time did your events happen?"
"10:03." Takato answered.
"10:05." Henry thought.
"10:06." Jeri replied.
"10:07." Kazu recalled.
"10:08." Kenta concluded.
"Mine was around 10:04." Rika ended.
"So, it was meant to be consecutive." Jeri fixed her hair.
"For a person to be at our house every minute would be impossible." Kazu sat down.
"Duh genius." Rika sat back down near Ryo.
"So, could be it be a digimon?" Kenta wondered.
"I don't know."

Few hours passed and they had to go home. They all wondered if something would happen again.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I had a club meeting." Jeri took off her shoes."I'll start my homework now!"

Jeri went upstairs and noticed something. Moving trucks were going past her neighborhood. A new yet old person was moving in. After they dissapered, Jeri started her homework. The next day the student was present.

"Everyone, this is Alice McCoy."

We met the "new" student during break. The thing was that she doesn't know anything about being a tamer. Why was it upsetting to Takato? He claims that she had helped them. Takato, Henry, and Rika remembered a gothic-like girl with a digimon. Could she be the same person?

Weeks passed and Alice had gotten used to everyone but Ryo and Rika. Seeing that she didn't know digimon, they didn't bring it up. But once she did get fond of Ryo and Rika, that's when it came out.

"We've got a digimon card game to play." Ryo absentmindedly brought up.
"Y-yeah..Just that Ryo and I still play." Rika answered.
"Don't worry about it. That'sjust why the four of us might not come." Ryo waived. "Well..it depends if Kazu and Kenta are into it."
"Cool!"
"We're in!"

Alice was now exposed to the topic. No one knew if it brought anything back. Their question was soon to be answered.

'Why are we even scared to bring it up? It's not like she'd die if wedid.' Jeri walked home.
"Something on your mind?" Takato caught up with her.
"Why are we afraid of bringing up our digimon in front of her?"
"Wow...I'm...not sure." Takato realized.
"There's something about that girl." Jeri stopped at the light.
"You're right."
"I...am?" Jeri asked.
"C'mon now. If you were saying that out of jealousy, then that'd mean you're really crushing on Henry." Takato went onto the road. Then he turned and smiled at the red Jeri."But I can tell that you aren't."

He waived and walked to the direction of his house. Jeri went her way. When he dissapeared, Kazu and Kenta came up. They walked Jeri home since it was on the way.

So Alice is creepy. It's not like Rika isn't nowadays. What is up with her? I rarely see her talking much now. Just look at the sky, trees, or do something on paper. Hmm...still. Alice seems like she does know digimon. How would she guess it right so quickly?

'I'll sleep on it.' Jeri lay on her bed. She took off her glasses and put it on her bedside table.
---TBC---

I looked it up and Alice's last name is McCoy....I think