Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Revival Of Taichi ❯ Rebirth ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 4: "Rebirth"

Tai slowly awoke from his little faint. He felt the warmth of someone carrying him. When Tai focused, he saw Matt, walking up the stairs to his apartment building. He looked into Matt's eyes and felt some protection within himself. 'why am i feeling this way towards matt? could it be because.. ..'

Matt felt some movement from Tai. As he looked down, he saw Tai, looking at him. "Tai are you alright?"

Tai nodded. "Yeah, just felt dizzy, that's all."

Matt couldn't help but to just stare at Tai as he placed him back to his feet. He just wanted to continue holding the teen like a mother and it's child, protecting him. He shook the thought off and went back to the problem. "Tai, let's go in the apartment. The others must be worried by now."

Tai agreed and opened the door to his apartment. Tai slowly walked in the door, and walked to his room, to find the others staring at him. Tai just did his little wave to everybody. "Hey guys." he said with a little smile. "Sorry about me acting up like that you guys, I'm just so stressed out."

Matt soon followed Tai and walked in the room. "I straightened him out."

The group sighed in relif as they drew silent again.

"What's the matter you guys?" Tai asked them. He was concerned again.

"Gennai E-Mailed us a while ago with bad news." Sora said, not looking at Tai or Matt.

"DarkMyotismon has come to the real world." Ken added. He had to be the bearer of bad news.

Tai clentched his fist, he felt so angered by this action by Myotismon. "I figured that he would do that, since he was the one that opened the gate."

Agumon walked to his partner. "Tai, let's go get him. Otherwise he will come after you."

Tai nodded to him. "Yeah, we should. Agumon, you have to go back to the digital world to get the other digimon. We need to use an all-out attack on the vampire."

Izzy looked at Tai with a concerned look. "Tai, we can't do that."

"Why not Izzy?"

"Well, After DarkMyotismon entered the digital world, the gate closed. He sealed the digital world until he has you on a silver pladder."

Tai looked down. He wasn't about to give up yet. "Well, Izzy we might as well use your idea earlier. We have to try and wake up Taichi if we want to win this thing."

"Tai, but you were right though, you can't possibly just use the crests if they haven't been used for so long. Besides Mimi isn't here." Yolei exclaimed.

Tai knew that Yolei was right, but they had to try anything at this point. "Guys, let's just try it. We have to go to the parking lot and try it out. I don't want to damage the apartment."

The group nodded and walked out of the apartment and down the stairs.

Tai, do you think that it will work?" Davis asked. "I mean, this sounds so cool with you being powerful and all."

"Davis, to tell you the truth, I don't want these powers."

"What?! Why not?"

Tai looked at Davis while walking down the stairs. "Because, they are causing problems and getting the evil digimons' attention, namely Myotismon. If these powers never occured, then none of this never would have happened."

"Oh, sorry I brought it up Tai."

"It's okay Davis. I had to get that off of my chest."

They reached the parking lot of the the Odiaba apartment. "Okay now that we are here, lets see if it would work." Izzy suggested.

They agreed to the proposition. Before they started, Tai looked at his digimon friend. "Agumon, you might want to warp-digivolve. If Myotismon comes while we are doing this, you have to back us up, ok buddy?"

"Sure Tai, I can do that."

Tai held out his digivice. "Go for it Agumon!"

"Agumon, Warp-digivolve too.. .. WarGreymon!"

WarGreymon stood on the ground like a soldier, ready for anything to come his way. "I'll scout in the sky to see if that creep is around here."

Tai nodded. "Just be careful, alright?"

WarGreymon slowly nodded in agreement to Tai's request and flew in the air, to scout around the area. Tai looked back at the others that have already formed the circle with an opening where Mimi was supposed to be. "Well, here goes nothing guys. This is our last shot."

Tai walked in the middle of the circle, with the new team standing aside to watch the magic do its work. They were curious as to what will happen to Tai, and the others for that matter.

The six digidestined surrounding Tai placed one hand on their crests and closed their eyes for the concentration. Tai could sense the power within them starting to wake up in each of them one by one, with them starting to glow the colors of their own crest. The colors of blue, red, pink, yellow, purple, and a navy color began to glow brightly by each minute. They glows retreated from the humans and flew straight to Tai, trying to absorb the powers that once made him what he was 5 years ago. Tai struggled to keep the powers within him, but it was easier said than done. The powers went back to the others, with Tai on his knees, breathing heavily.

"What just happened?" Matt asked. "Why didn't it work?"

Izzy looked at the others. "It didn't work probably because of the fact that Mimi needs to be here."

Tai stood up wiping the sweat off of his face. "Izzy's right. My soul still felt empty inside. It wasn't whole."

The group sighed. "There must be a way to do this without Mimi being here." Joe said. "We have to, otherwise we are all doomed."

Davis' eyed widen. "Hey I might not be as smart as you guys, but why not try it with Ken?" he said as he looked at him.

Ken backed up. "Why me Davis?"

"Because you had a crest remember? The crest of Kindness."

"I hate to admit it, but Davis has a point. Why not try it with Ken?" Kari said feeling preety pathetic saying that.

"It is worth a shot. C'mon Ken, we need you." Matt suggested as he looked at Ken.

Ken slowly nodded. He felt uncomfortable, but he knew it was good for the team and the world as well. Ken joined in the circle where the empty section remained. He looked at the people that were forming the circle, then at Tai, who was just starting to stand. "Tai, can you handle this? You look beat."

Tai nodded to the boy. "I can take it. I did before. Now Ken, concentrate on the crest that you had, in your mind. It will work easier that way."

The group then tried it again, with the colors forming around the team. Ken concentrated hard and soon, he too became engulfed in his crest color. One by one, the colors that held the power engulfed Tai. Tai strained to hold it in since it was stronger with Ken's power. The group opened their eyes to see Tai, glowing all the colors of their crests. Tai floated in the air a little at a time, until he was about a foot off the ground. Sweat dripped off his face as he held in the powers to revive the soul of Taichi.

Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken gasped as they heard Tai's screams of pain. When the lights dimmed around Tai, they gasped, including the original team.

"Tai, you.. .. .your five years younger!" Sora exclaimed.

It was true. Tai looked just like he did when all this crazy nonsense began. The goggles were on his head,, the blue shirt with the yellow shirt underneath, the black wrist band on his arm, and the baggy socks with his sneakers were on the now young Taichi Kamiya.

Tai opened his eyes after hearing Sora's voice. As he looked down at himself, he screamed. "Why am I little again?! I thought that I was supposed to be Taichi! Not my younger self!" he said, in horror.

"Tai relax. You are in this condition because of the fact that your powers were first prouduced in this form of you. They are stonger when in this form, not the form that you were in a few minuets ago." Izzy explained.

"Will I stay like this forever?!"

"No. Once your purpose will be completed, you will turn back to your original self. So just relax about this."

Davis dashed down to Tai, gazing at the appearance. "You do look just like me when you were about my age. Cool!"

Yolei and Cody ran to Tai as well. "You know, you are kind of cute, Tai." Yolei giggled.

Tai blushed a bit. He shook it off and looked at them. "Nevermind about that now, we have to defeat Myotismon before he finds us here. Ok Izzy, how do I use Taichi's powers?"

Izzy sweatdropped. "To tell you the truth, I really don't know about this part."

The group jumped back, in shock. "Izzy!!" they all shouted at once.

Izzy looked nervous at the team. They looked like they were ready to pounce on him. "Guys I have a theory though. What I am thinking is that he needs to build up his courage power to its peak. Once that is done, you have a Taichi to attack the evil."

"And that is your theory, eh?" Joe said. "It better be right or else we're all gonna get it."

With the rest of the group chattering about their next move, Tai walked around the parking lot, to think of his own plan. He was small, powerful, and the leader as well. He knew that they were all depending on him. He stood in the middle of the lot and looked up at the night sky. The stars were shining brightly as the cressent moon hung above. Before Tai looked at the team, something caught his eye in the sky. He saw a dark object flying right towards him. The boy gasped as it got closeer, only for him to realize that it was a dark sphere. He jumped out of the way just in time to dodge the attack. The team screamed as the sphere hit the ground, making a hole in the middle of the lot.

"What's going on?!" Cody hollered.

"It has to be Myotismons' work!" Tai called out to his friends. He stood up after the dodge and found the shadow demon, hovering above the group.

"I finally found you Courage. It seems that you shrunk as well. Anyway, hand over your life or I will take it by force!"

Tai clenched his fist as he ran towards the team. "Never! You will never get me!"

DarkMyotismon laughed. "Oh I will get your powers Courage, count on it!" he shouted as he floated down to the ground, landing with no problem. "You see, you don't have a choice."

"Oh yes he does Myotismon! He will defeat you this time!" Matt hollered at the digimon.

"He can not defeat me. I am like a boomerang. Every time you get rid of me, I just keep comming back, waiting to strike my prey and getting what I want."

Tai knew he was right, but he had to find a way to get rid of him. With his anger and courage rising, his crest started to glow. "Myotismon, you want me come and get me!"

With those words, the aruoea of the crest of Courage shone around Tai, making him glow orange. He accepted the power rising out of him, as he slowly became powerful.

The group watched as the aura around him disappeared and stood the new and improved Tai, with his eyes glowing a blue essence. "Leave now Myotismon."

DarkMyotismon chuckled. "You think that you could actually defeat me Courage, like you did 5 years ago when you used that blasted sword? Try it again I dare you!"

Tai smircked and held out his hands. "I will, but first I have a friend that can help me." he said as he looked up.

DarkMyotismon looked confused. He looked up and saw WarGreymon, looking at the shadow digimon. He smircked an evil smirck at DarkMyotismon. "Games' Over, Myotismon!"

Davis and the others cheered. They never seen this kind of action before. They just wanted to hope that they did all that they could so the human and digimon could defeat him.