Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Revival Of Taichi ❯ Realization and Confession ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6:"Realizaion and Confession"

The digidestined now had a hard time seeing the fight since it was being held on the ground. All they could see was the light that was reflecting in the sky.

"I wish I knew what was going on. I am worried about Tai." Matt said to himself without any one of them hearing his conversation by himself.

"Man! I want to know what is going on! A fight needs to be seen, not heard by others that seen it!" Yolei hollered.

"I hope that Tai is win-" Ken paused in the middle of his sentence as he felt somewhat different.

"Ken are you alright?" Davis asked him.

"Ken, you feel it too?" Izzy gasped as he felt the same as Ken.

Ken slowly nodded as he gazed at the older digidestined. They all must have looked just like Ken.

Cody noticed the same thing. "What is wrong with you guys. I feel no different."

"Me neither." Davis and Yolei said in unison.

Joe's eyes widened at the feeling that he was recieving. "I know what it is guys. It must mean that Tai is in serious trouble."

"How do you know that?!" Cody asked nervously.

Izzy looked at the sky. "We gave our crests powers to Tai so we are kind of in tune with Tai. We can sense if his power is weakening now, unlike last time. Tai's energy is being drained. Myotismon has the upper hand now!"

They were all speechless. They had no way of helping their friend and live. Matt felt even worse. He knew that he had to at least do something. He didn't care if he would die for Tai, as long as he was okay. Without telling the group, he slid in the shadows and dashed off, hoping that Tai is still with the living, and that no one saw him leave the team. "I hate to not tell them, but this is something that I got to do by myself, for Tai." he said to himself. As he was running to the battle that was being held, he felt the rain touching his body, and getting no better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Taichi squermed in pain as he was on the tar ground, in a puddle from the pouring down rain and in a bit of his own blood. He laid in that position, not moving in that spot. Myotismon's attack really took alot of energy out of him; too much in fact that he barely moved his head to see Myotismon in front of him, staring down at him in a victory smile.

"Well, I thought that you would be a better challange than last time. At least that you got the final swing last time." he smircked as he floated down to the ground, kicking Taichi in his side.

He yelped in pain as the kick made his body feel worse than it already did. 'i can't believe how weak i am. i am always in trouble. at least that my friends don't have to see me like this.' he thought as the rain poured down his face, to not let Myotismon know that he was crying in his mid as the tears fall.

Myotismon picked up the boy in his hand by the collar of his shirt. "Finally, I can get what I desired for so long. And I owe it all to your weakness for helping me out."

Taichi closed his eyes as his powers soon disappeared and left his body to go to the other digidestined. He just couldn't hold them in any longer with his energy so low and his body in this condition.

"So, the warrior is no more? That makes things easier for me" he laughed. "Enjoy the last minuet of life that you have and savor it. Once you are with me, life wouldn't mean a thing."

Tai closed his eyes and braced himself for the final blow. Hoever, he felt nothing coming at him; nothing at all. Did I merge with Myotismon already, he wondered. He wanted to make sure so he began to slowly open one of his eyes. When he focused on what he was seeing, he opened both of his eyes as they went wide. A human hand was holding Myotismon's fist that was near Tai's face. As he looked up at the one who had the human arm, he almost cried. "Matt. . ."

It was Matt. He pulled away the fist, leaving Myotismon clueless as to what happened. He took that opportunity to pull Tai away from Myotismon before he found out. Tai fell on his back as he gazed up at his hero. "Matt. . .why are you here?"

Matt saw Tai's body. Even though it was raining, he saw that his blood was dripping down his face and arm. A bruise was forming on his right cheek. He knelt down by Tai and gazed at his brown eyes with concern in his own icy blue eyes, that were about to melt before Tai. "I am sorry Tai, I just couldn't stand around again to watch you die. You don't deserve to."

Tai smiled down at his friend. He felt a sort of emotion towards the blonde, the feeling that made him feel confident and safe at the same time. "Thanks Matt, for being there for me."

Matt slowly nodded as he touched Tai's bruise on his cheek. Tai squermed in pain as he felt Matt's skin rubbed against his injured cheek. Matt felt better knowing that he was alive and that was all that really mattered to him. 'Tai, if only you knew. . .'

Myotismon growled at the sight of the two humans. "You make me sick!"

The two digidestineds gasped to one another and turned around to see the evil digimon, laughing under his breath. Their faces towards the creature was filled with anger and tiredness. They just didn't know what to do. "I can't believe that Courage's power is no longer in him. Ha! What a pathetic excuse for a reincarnation, wouldn't you say, Friendship? A powerful spirit that once roamed the digital world, defeating every evil digimon, and yet, he cannot defeat me." he laughed outloud, since he couldn't hold it in any longer.

Matt grew angry. "Tai can pass any obstacle that is in his way! He defeated Etemon and joined us back together. He helped defeat you in the encounter. He even destroyed Puppetmon, and Machinedramon and to top it off, he even destroyed Piedmon with everyone else on the team. He can do anything Myotismon, because we all believe in him!" Matt had to get it out of him. He just couldn't stand around and let Myotismon talk to Tai like that; not if he had anything to say about it. Before Matt continued, he felt Tai's hand hold onto Matt's hand that held his sore cheek. Matt turned around and saw Tai, trying to stand up. "Tai, what are you doing?"

"I have to. . .. I have to try and become Taichi again Matt. It is the only way." he answered weakly. "Like you said Matt, there is no obtacle that can stand in my way." he smiled.

Matt nodded and helped Tai to his feet, with him holding his chest and keeping him up. "Tai, you can do it. It isn't over yet."

"How touching. I think I am going to cry, boo, hoo, hoo. You think you will defeat me?! Lightning Whip!" he shouted as a dark whip appeared in his hand.

"Tai, go ahead and be Taichi!" Matt hollered to him through the clap of thunder.

Tai nodded. He just had to try. He closed his eyes and concentrated of the powers of the digidestined. He sensed each of their powers and trying to absorb them for the final attempt.

Myotismon saw this and flew his whip above his head to strike at Tai. "Now you will feel my wrath!" he shouted as the whip flew down like a jet.

Matt saw this. He didn't want Tai to become weaker then he already was, or even die. He ran in front of Tai and made his back face Myotismon. He closed his eyes as he felt the pain and the harsh whip hit his clothes and made his flesh tingle with pain. He knelt down, feeling the blood drip off of his back. As he looked up in pain, he saw Tai, gazing down at him.

"Matt! Are you crazy?! Why did you do it?!" he yelled as he knelt down beside Matt.

Matt leaned on Tai as another hit came on him, with another scream from him. "Tai--it-it is because I love you." he said as he let his body fall on Tai's.

Tai's eyes grew wide as he hugged Matt. 'he really does care for me. after all of the fights that we have been through, after traveling about the digital world, and even trying to bash in my brains, he still cares for me, and loves me.' he thought as he realized something. "I feel the same way Matt. I didn't know what the feeling was that I had for you, until now. I do love you Matt." Tai replied to the blonde as he hugged him tighter, embracing him in his arms.

Matt knew that he was crying. He felt the warm tears fall from Tai's blood stained and bruised face.

Myotismon grinned from the scene that he was watching. "This is really making me sick. It is time to end your pathetic lives Courage and Friendship! Now!" he held up the whip to show that he was to strike another time.

"Tai--you can't do this alone. I'll help you in your quest." Matt said weakly as he stood up, still hugging the teen that he loved. "I will never let you die on me again. Promise."

Myotismon flew the whip down and grabbed Matt by the throat with it. Tai felt Matt choking on his own saliva as he was being pulled by Myotismon's harsh grip on the whip. "Not so tough now, eh Friendship? You are in my way of getting what I want, and you nor anyone else will stop me!"

Tai was angered and upset. He saw Matt's face turning blue, almost purple. He knew that he had to do something. He pulled on the whip that was holding Matt's breath. "Let him go, Myotismon!!" he shouted, with the crest of Courage growing stronger and stronger.

Matt tried to focus on the situation, but all was worthless as he passed out and landed on the ground, looking lifeless.

"Matt, no!"

Myotismon laughed as he made Matt go towards him. "It seems to me that all is lost to you boy. You have nothing left except the air you breathe. You will lose this fight so surrender to me now, or I will use force to." he commanded Tai as he held Matt in one of his arms.

Tai growled under his breath. "I will never surrender to you Myotismon! You may act tough, but you still have a weak spot, just like you did last time! And once we find it, we will use that to our advantage!"

"Oh really? Well, as you can see, I have no weakness once so ever. My power is my own, no one else's. " he started as he threw Matt down in a mud puddle. He walked to Tai, with a big smirck on his face. "And also, I have the advantage, so get ready to taste the ground, Courage!"

Tai was furious. He leapt at the digimon, fist first, while DarkMyotismon smircked and caught his fist, and threw him back on the ground.

"Is that all ou can do? Where is that power of Courage boy?!"

Tai stood up weakly. He knew that he wouldn't give up without a fight. "I don't have it right now, so I will fight you any way I can!" he shouted as he extended his leg out, tripping the vampire to his knees.

Myotismon almost lost his balance, but managed to land on his knees. As he looked up to look at Tai, he wasn't there. He heard a voice coming from up in the air. As Myotismon looked up, he was already too late. Tai whacked him on the back which made him fall on his stomache.

"Man, for being a few years younger, I was preety agile. Did I get him?" he asked as he looked at the body that was laying before him.

Matt slowly opened his eyes as he saw Tai, looking down at Myotismon's body. 'what happened? i remember being chocked by darkmyotismon. then what?' as he coughed a bit and got to his knees, he heard voices coming form the direction of where the group was supposed to stay. "Sounds like the calvery has arrived." he coughed out, holding his throat.

Tai looked in the direction and saw the whole gang approaching the battle field. He waved at them. "Hey Guys!" he called out, not caring about the pain that he seemed to have.

"Hey Tai!" Yolei hollered to him.

As Tai saw them running to him, he felt a pull on his feet. He gasped as he saw DarkMyotismon's hand pull him off of the ground from hid leg.

"Oh no, Tai!" Izzy exclaimed as they all ran towards the scene.

Myotismon looked at the boy, and slapped him across the head. "You fool! How dare you attack me!"

Tai felt completely useless as he got changed into a position where Myotismon was holding him by the neck. "Well, I did Myotismon."

DarkMyotismon grew ferious as he punched Tai in the stomache with full force. Tai's eyes grew wide as he screamed in pain as loud as he could. Myotismon then punched him in the face. "You are just lucky that I am letting you live, for now."

Tai's bruise got bigger and ached just as bad as it did before. He felt more blood leak out of him and joining the rain as it hit the tar ground. He strained to stay awake as he just stared at Myotismon's face, filled with pain and suffering and anger.

"Tai, no!!" Matt hollered out as he stood up.

Myotismon ignored the yell from the blonde as he just kept his focus in Tai. "Now, I will get what I want. No digimon to help you, or even your powers either now."

"C'mon guys, we have to do something!" Davis yelled. "We can't just let Tai die again!"

"I am with you Davis!" Ken exclaimed. "We have to give him Taichi's powers before he is finished!"

"We can't Ken. If the powers left him, that means that he's to weak to sustain them any longer until he is back at full strength." Izzy replied. Suddenly he had a small smile on his face. "Maybe we can help him after all."

"How Izzy? You were right about the powers leaving him." Joe commented. "There is no way of him getting his powers back for a while."

"I know a way, but first, I have say that we have to give up our crests as well as Taichi's powers if we want to save him."

"Where are you getting at Izzy?! We need Taichi and our crests to get Taichi!" Sora exclaimed. "How do you plan to get rid of DarkMyotismon?"

"We can enseal him with the combinations of our crests. All we have to do is concentrate on them and they will work."

"How did you plan on figuring that out now Izzy?" T.K. asked.

Izzy looked at them. "I don't think that I have the time to explain it. RIght now, you just have to trust me on this one."

"Yeah we don't have that much time." Kari hollered. "Tai doesn't seem to be holding out much longer."

The group nodded and the original digidestined took off their crests and held it high. The slowly concentrated on the crests powers as they all began to glow the colors of their own crests. Matt as well held up his crest to join the others.

Tai felt the powers of the crests, as well as his own glowing a bright orange. "We--we will prevail DarkMyotismon. C--ount on it." he whispered to the digimon as the crest began to float off of his neck. He gazed at it as it hovered in the air, and landing about 3 feet from the ground.

"What is going on?!" DarkMyotismon hollered as he looked at the crest as it glowed brighter and the glow started to make a shape.

When the glow surrounding the form vanquished, Tai and the others gasped and grew wide-eyed. "I--it. ..It's"

"Taichi!!" DarkMyotismon shuddered.

The form was indeed Taichi. He looked about 15 years old. He was wearing an outfit that made him look like he was on fire. He also had the hairdo of Tai, with a few streaks of orange, plus his bangs had some orange in it.plus the blue headband around his head. His blue eyes gazed at DarkMyotismon, with hatred towards him.

"DarkMyotismon, you will be punished for your hainess crimes. And the punishment will be at my hand. Are you ready to face the consequences?!" Taichi hollered to the shadow vampire.

DarkMyotismon growled at the teen boy before him. His eyes went from wide-eyed, to a case of reassurence. "Oh, but you see, Taichi, I have Courage over here as my hostage. You cannot harm me since I have him in my clutches." he smircked as he hit Tai on the face.

Taichi looked at the digimon. "Perhaps DarkMyotismon, however, that isn't the kins of punishment that I have in mind." he said as turned his gaze to the digidestined that held the crests, and astounished. "You humans, you are the digidestined, are you not? If you are, hand me your crests."

The group nodded as Joe, Sora, Izzy, Kari, and T.K. walked up to him and gave them their crests with no words said in the process. Davis, Yolei, Cody, and Ken just stared at the being, wide-eyed.

"Reliability, Love, Knowledge, Light, and Hope. I need Sincereity and Friendship."

Sora walked up to Taichi. "Matt has Friendship, and our friend has Sincereity, but she moved to America."

Taichi gazed at Matt, who looked preety bad on his account. "Do you have Friendship?"

Matt nodded as he held it out. "Yes, I do."

Taichi held up his hand as the crest of Friendship slowly flew towards the warrior. "I will get the crest of Sincerity." he said.

He closed his eyes as he held out his hand in front of him. He concentrated slowly as he slowly meteralized the crest of Sincerity in his hands. "I now have what I need to punish the evil here." he said as he placed the crests around his neck.

Izzy took a step forward. "WHat about the crest of Courage Taichi?"

"I am the crest of Courage Izzy. Once when Tai placed the tag and the crest on his neck, I grew within him."

"Is that why Tai died when the crest shaddered? Because you transferred your sprit into Tai's?" T.K. asked him.

Taichi nodded as he gazed back at DarkMyotismon.

"What do you think you are gonna do to me? Kill me?! HAHAHAHA!!" Myotismon laughed as he placed his hands around Tai's neck. "I will let Courage have it Taichi!"

"What a cowardly act DarkMyotismon." Taichi protested, his glowing blue eyes staring at the vampire. "I call upon the powers of Friendship, Love, SIncerity, Knowledge, Reliability, Light, and Hope. Combine into one!!"

THe crests around Taichi's neck began to glow a white color. The digidestined just stared at the process as they saw that the crests became united. It looked like the crest of Courage, only it was transparent and no tag was holding it. "Now you will pay for your crimes. Ensealment Hold!"

The crest formed a glow surrounding Taichi. Tai gazed at this. 'i tried to do that move earlier in the fight. can he really do it before myotismon does anything to him?' he thought as he saw a beam slowly forming.

"You think this puny attack can destroy me! Think again! I have a shield!" Myotismon laughed as he held Tai in front of him. "Courage here will let that beam not hit me!"

Matt's eyes grew wide. 'taichi wouldn't think of killing tai in the process, does he? please no.. .. ..'

The digidestined gasped as the beam threw itself outward towards Tai and Myotismon. Tai closed his eyes as he felt a source go right threw him. Threw the screaming of Matt and the rain, he heard another scream; Myotismon's.

Myotismon screamed in pain. "It H..it me. H--How?"

"It only hits those who are pure evil. If one with a pure heart is in the way, it will go through their heart and to the other." Taichi explained.

Myotismon knelt down, dropping Tai in the process. As Tai fell to the ground, the vampire slowly turned into data. The data of DarkMyotismon was absorbed by the beam as it slowly went back to the crest, holding the data in it.

"He will never return again." Taichi announced as he sighed in relif.

The group cheered and jumped for joy. THey never been so happy. Cheers like "It's finally over" and, "We won!" were heard as the rain began to slowly disappear after the fight.

Matt smiled and sighed a relif sigh. Suddenly, he knew that he wasn't out of the woods. "Tai!" he shouted. He almost forgot about Tai. He ran to Tai's body that was laying in a puddle, with blood and water dripping off of his face. "Tai, you okay? Tai talk to me, say something please!" he pleaded as he knelt by Tai's side.

Tai slowly opened his eyes. "Matt?"

Matt smiled and hugged Tai. "I thought I was gonna loose you again." he cried. "I wouldn't know how to live if you--"

Tai placed a finger on Matt's lips to silence him. "Don't talk Matt. I know."

Matt and Tai's eyes connected. "I love you too much to die again Matt." Tai explained to the blonde that was holding him in his arms.

Matt smiled as he slowly pushed Tai up and kissed. Their lips pressed against each others. Even though it was only a few seconds, it felt like minuets for them as the let go to get some breath back into them. "Tai, i will protect you, no matter what." Matt whispered in Tai's ear.

Tai hugged Matt, felling safe in Matt's arms. Soon, Tai's grip on Matt slowly faded as Tai fainted. Matt held the boy in his arms. "I will let no one hurt you again, my love" Matt said to himself as he looked at Tai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tai woke up in his bed, looking back to what he looked like instead of a kid again. He moaned as he looked around his room. "Hey Tai." a voice was heard in the room

Tai made his eyes focused as he saw the whole crew in his room, including Taichi, leaning on the door. "How do you feel?" Joe asked.

Tai figured that Joe took care of his wounds that he got from the battle. He smiled. "I am feeling alright Joe. Where's Matt? Is he here?" he asked as he looked around. As he moved around, he noticed that he had a bandage around his forehead and on his right wrist and right leg.

"Matt went for a walk. He said that he had to think about a few things." Izzy said as he looked at Tai.

"Man, that was awesome you guys!" Davis cheered. "I never thought that I would see the original digidestined fight an enemy from the past again!"

Taichi looked up at the team. "Since the fight is over with, I must leave now."

"Where are you going Taichi? Are you going to return inside Tai?" Sora asked.

Taichi shook his head. "I am not. Tai can now live without my presence within him and it is time for me to go. I caused enough trouble for you for 5 long years now."

"then, where will you go then, Taichi?" Cody asked the warrior.

"I shall wander the digital world once again and get rid of the evil that appears."

"That reminds me, where is Agumon?!" Tai asked in worry.

"Do not fret Tai Kamiya. Agumon is in the digital world, healing himself and taking a good rest afterwords." Taichi answered. "Now, I too must go to the digital world. Farewell, and thank you. You humans are truly the warriors."

And with those final words, Taichi disolved into data and dissapeared into the air. The digidestined hollered their good-byes as Tai stood up. "I have to go find Matt you guys. Can you let yourselves out?"

"Sure Tai. I will see you tommorow, to see if you need anymore medicine." Joe said.

Tai hated the sound of that and nodded slowly. "It better not taste nasty Joe, or I'll shove it down your throat."

The group laughed at his statement as Tai ran out of the apartment. 'i know where he is."