Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Second Thoughts ❯ Adult Minded ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Adult Minded/Second Thoughts
By
CoolMax_Zero
 
~: Hey, hey, hey, I'm back! The author of “Digimon, The Coming Years” and “Black Hole Sun” has return for more angst-ridden fun! (Trumpet plays fanfare) This time my target is…. (Walks over to wheel with the digi-destines faces plastered on them. He then spins the wheel. It lands on Sora) Ah, yes, Sora Taken-something-or-other. Always one of my favorites. Now the problem is… (Sticks his hand in a hat with papers on it. He pulls a few out) “Trouble with parents” unlikely. “Relationships” boring! “Self doubt with a supernatural twist.” Sounds fun. (Drops paper in bowl, and puts on chef hat) Now we add drama. (Sprinkles drama over it) Dark humor. (Pours a cup of humor into it) Now a little bit of me. (Cuts off his finger and yells) AH! Oh, God, I hate that part. All right, now that I've wasted all your time, here is the story! (Smashes bowl and a fog fills the room. Max is heard laughing evilly, until he breaks into a coughing fit) :~
 
(When a sentence that have these * at the beginning and ending mean it's Sora's thoughts. Just thought you should know.)
 
Little children running around in a circle, holding each other's hands and singing.
 
“Rain, rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.”
 
*Dancing and singing in the rain. It was a simpler time, before you had to worry. Children's lives are bright and colorful. But older people's lives are gray and dark. Gray explains it all. Gray. Gray, damn it! Why can't it just all go away? I'm telling it to go away. Now! Don't make me beat you off with a stick! I just wish we could run away and start a new life. ….. Can I get some sleep now?*
 
Sora opened her eyes and saw the ceiling fan. She looked over at the alarm clock. Four in the morning. Great big red numbers looking at her. She couldn't sleep because of the dreams. She didn't like the way those dreams made her feel. Made her feel dirty and unclean. People say it's just normal, but it still made her feel bad. She sat up in bed and looked around. Stuffed animals, C.D. player, and a dresser where just a few of the things she saw. The room looked a dark shade of purple at night. Made her feel nervous, like something would jump out of the shadows and yell `Boo!”
 
*Wow! I hate the color purple. Maybe I should redecorate.*
 
She looked over at the calendar on the wall. It was the first day of the last month of summer. Not much had happened over the past three months. Same old crap. Go to the digital world every week to make sure that an evil wasn't going to destroy the world any time soon. Byomon said she had a crush on Agumon. Sora said that it was “cute”. What she wanted to say was that love was stupid. In the end one person got hurt.
 
*All guys' care about is sex anyway.*
Sure her and Matt where young, but you'd be surprised how many times he tried to make a move on her. Well depending on your age and gender you may not be surprised. There was always Tai.
 
*Why would Tai be any better? I've heard Kari talk about Tai's “collection.” Stupid guys. Stupid Tai. Maybe I should try girls. Mimi always seemed nice. Her body isn't bad either. Wait! What am I saying! Am not gay…. Am I?*
 
Sora lay back down on her bed and closed her eyes.
 
*I'll just have the dreams again. I'm sitting her talking about how guys think about sex to much, yet I don't want to go to sleep because I don't want to have a…. bad dream. I'm messed up. Maybe I need drugs. Drugs and a big bowl of ice cream. A real life wouldn't hurt either. *
 
She couldn't hold her eyes opens any longer. She was too tired to do much of anything any more. Even think. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.
 
The sharp buzzing of the alarm clock filled Sora's ears. She mindlessly slapped her hand around on the bedside counter until she found the snooze button.
 
*Snooze! I need more snooze!*
 
Fifteen minutes later the buzzing filled her ears again. This time she sat up in bed and coherent thoughts filled her head. (Hey that rhymes!) She lifted up the covers and saw that everything was fine. She let out a sigh of relief.
 
*Oh, there is a God, and he likes me!*
 
Sora turned off her alarm clock got dressed and went down stairs. She found the house empty. She walked into the kitchen and saw a note stuck to the fridge. It read: “Went out to the store, be back soon. Water the flowers. Mom”
 
*All alone*
 
Flowers were her mother's life. Sora really didn't mind watering them every now and then, but sometimes she would wishes that her mother would spend more time with her then with her flowers.
 
*She said she would change. She said she would spend more time with me. You know, forget the stupid flowers. Just forget the whole damn thing*
 
(First sign)
 
Sora sat down on the couch and looked up at the ceiling fan.
 
*Those things are in every room. Why can't we just get AC. Wouldn't that be easier? I should just stop trying to figure out everyone, give up on them! No, I shouldn't say things like that. This whole digi-destine thing has taught me that you should never give up hope.*
 
She looked at the ceiling fan again. Spinning and spinning. But no matter how much she focused on the fan her mind kept wondering to what she said. She thought how wrong it is. How stupid it sounded.
 
*There is always hope. Yeah, maybe in fairy tales. But this is real life! Things get fucked up and there's nothing you can do about it. No, that's just not…. Shut up, Sora! Life isn't how you want it to be. Are you just gonna' sit back and let that kill you slowly. I think it's about time you do something about it! Forget em' all! Let em' rot in hell! Why should you care? They're not important anymore! I only need my self.*
 
(Second sign)
 
She ran into her room and locked the door. She looked through her dressing until she found something that work for her mood. She undressed then put on her new outfit. She then threw on some black lipstick and smiled at her reflection in the mirror. She then looked at herself. Things had change. Her hair looked a darker color, her skin looked paler. Everything about her seemed to become darker in mood.
 
(Third sign)
 
She headed for the door, and grabbed some extra cash on the way out.
 
*Under the flowerpot closest to the door. And Mom thought I didn't know where she hid the extra spending money. *
 
Then she was out of the house. She looked to the left and saw no sign of Mom. She then ran down the street, as fast as she could. She knew where she was going. Just a little further up the street.
 
Sora's mom pulled into the driveway and walked into the house. As soon as she entered she could feeling something wrong in the air.
 
“Sora!” She yelled, but no one answered. “Where did she go now?” She muttered to her self.
 
(Stop Sign)
 
Author's note: END OF PART ONE!!! Do you likey? Please tell me so at coolmax_zero@hotmail.com But you already knew that, right? Why two titles you ask? Well, I couldn't decide which I liked more, so I used both! Stay tuned for the sequel, “My Little Goth Girl.” Promise me, the title will make more sense after you read it. Plus, just to say, some people have asked me if “DTCY, Book 8” is really the last one. To answer, it likely is. But, DTCY fans do not fear! I plan on doing a redux on the first four books. Fix some of the spelling, maybe fill in some plot holes (Like how Giga's palm pilot is destroy but fine in the next chapter in Book 4) and just clean it up. But that may be a while, and hell, it may not even get done, but let's hope for the best. That's pretty much every thing. So I'll see you in time.
 
(Wait, Dr. Yorkazemzem has something to say!)
 
Dr. Y: There are no good guys or bad guys here, just the ones who fight, and the ones that dig.
 
Disclaimer: “Digimon” and all related characters are copyright to Toei Animation. Any original ideas presented within are copyright to Zack Clopton, 2004.