Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Secret Connections ❯ Chapter 2

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any the characters of digimon.

DIGIMON: SECRET CONNECTIONS PART 2

BY Howling Wolf

"Because I think his life might be in danger."

For Rika hearing those words of concern coming from Yamaki was shock. Heading back inside, she only acknowledged Yamaki with "He's here."

Yamaki took one look at Takato and felt the cold knot in his stomach returned. Reaching for his cell phone Yamaki quickly dialed a number. Within minutes he was talking to Riley.

"Riley have you had anymore signals from the target?"

"As a matter of fact sir I just had another one less than five minutes ago. And sir it was right in your area." answered Riley.

"What! That's impossible." Yamaki said when a sudden flash caught his eye.

From where he layed on the floor Takato's body was glowing a bright red. Suddenly Takato's eyes shot opened. Rika, Henry, and Yamaki took one look at his eyes and backed away slowly. Instead of their usual brown color, Takato's eyes were a golden white. Takato looked at them and smiled.

"T..T...Takato?" Rika asked.

Turning towards her Takato grinned. Rika felt a chill run over her entire body. Takato's staring was unnerving her even more than the silly grin he wore.

"Knock it off goggle-brain." Rika growled.

"What's the matter is the digimon queen scared?" sneered Takato.

"Wha." Rika was unprepared for Takato's cold reply.

"You heard me. Digimon queen, hmph. Once I am through with this boy and his 'pet' I will be more powerful than anything you and your digimon could possibly handle." said Takato in a dark and sinister voice.

"Who are you?" demanded Henry.

"I am the brother to the digimon this tamer defeated in order to protect this so called queen of the digimon."

At that Rika paled. Yamaki frowned, it was obvious that the girl knew who the possessed Takato was talking about. 'This has gone on long enough.' Yamaki thought as he quietly snuck behind Takato. Takato didn't even notice as his grin widened.

"Ah. I see that you remember." He said.

"Who are you?" Rika growled.

Takato laughed, "I am Devimon. And this body and your world shall belong to me!"

"I think not." Yamaki said hitting Takato from behind.

Takato fell to the ground with a grunt, Yamaki quickly tied his hands and feet.

"I think we had better take your friends back to Hypnos." said Yamaki.

"Why should we trust you?" asked Rika.

"Because right now I am your only chance of saving your friend." countered Yamaki as he picked up Takato.

Henry clinched his fists. "All right. But we're coming with you as well."

"I thought you might." Yamaki reached for his phone. "Riley I'm coming back. And I'm bringing some guests with me as well."

(Takato's mindscape....)

'Where am I? One minute I'm standing in front of Rika now I'm in this strange fog.'

'Ah, you won't have to wait here long tamer. Soon your mind shall vanish into nothingness and your body will belong to me' a sinister voice said.

Takato looked around confused. The voice seemed to be coming from all around him.

'Who are you? Why do you want my body!'

The voice laughed. 'Your friends asked the same question. They didn't like the answer that I gave them. Especially that girl tamer. But perhaps I should not tell you who I am yet. Yes that would make the situation more entertaining for me.'

Laughing the voice faded. Takato looked around him. Frantically, trying to locate the voice's origin. Again he found nothing. Sighing Takato began to explore his tempory prison. Takato was shocked to find that all around him was a thick grey fog. However Takato noticed that edges of the fog was fading into black.

'Ahh man. this can't be good.' Takato said.

Hypnos

"Riley are we all set?" asked Yamaki.

"We're ready when you are sir." Riley relpied.

"Alright procceed." Yamaki said turning to Rika and Henry. "If this works we should be able to seperate Devimon from Takato's body." "well let's hope so." said Henry.

"Yeah let's." whisbered Rika as she thought back to whene they had first walked into Hypnos.

[Flashback]

Rika and Henry followed Yamaki quietly out of the van and into the building in front of them. They had been there for a minute when two men dressed in white took Takato from Yamaki. Alarmed , Rika whirled on Yamaki.

"Where are they taking him?" she asked.

"They will take care of your friend while we try to figure out hopw to help him." answered Yamaki.

"Help him how? He's got an evil digimon slowly taking over his body." Henry pointed out.

"That's the problem. How do you seperate a digimon from a human being's body? Any ideas Riley?" Yamaki turned to his assistant.

"Just one. What if we use that data anilayzer that we tried on that digimon we captured last month." said Riley.

Yamaki nodded. "It might work. If nothing else it should tell us how Devimon is taking over your friend's body."

[End Flashback]

"Begin." said Yamakki.

Inside the chamber they had placed Takato Several sensors activated. Each one sweeping over Takato's body more than once. Ourtside the chamber information began appearing on Yamaki's terminal. Yamaki frowned as he began reading the information. `This is impossible. According to this, over half of Takato's body has been converted to data. But how?'

"Well?" asked an impatient Rika.

"It's not good. Over half his body is now data." Yamamki sighed.

"But how?" Henry asked.

"That's just it. No digimon should be able to do this to a human being."

"Here's a better question, why is Guilmon being affected as well?" asked Renamon from Guilmon's side.

Yamaki turned to her in surprise. "Both of them are being affected by Devimon's attack?"

Henry nodded. "That's what we think since their connection to each other is pretty strong."

At that moment Guimon's eyes snapped opened. Standing he slowly looked around him. Seeing Renamon near him, Guilmon turned to her.

"Hi Renamon. Where are we? Are we playing another game? Why isn't Takato here?" he asked.

"How are you feeling Guilmon?" asked Terriermon.

"Kinda strange. In fact I…" at that moment the analyizing chamber that Takato was in exploded.

Rika coughed as she tried to see through the smoke. She quickly saw that the others were all right as well. Then she heard it. Laughter. A horrible sinister laughter that she had only heard once before. Rika shuddered as she looked in the direction the laughter had come from. Rika paled. Yamaki and the others turned to where she was facing and gasped.

There, floating inside a dark shadow was Takato. His eyes were open and blood red. The shadow swarmed around Takato's body taking the outline shape of a familiar form. The form of Devimon.

"At last I am free. Now both human and digimon will tremble before me. And you shall be the first to feel my wrath."

"What have you done to Takato?" demanded Rika.

"His body is mine now. A pity really that I could not have both tamer and digimon." Devimon said turning to face Guilmon.

Guilmon growled. He didn't understand completely what was going on, only that his tamer is being controlled by an evil digimon. Devimon merely griined as he swatted the red dinosaur digimon out of his way. He would deal with these human loving digimon in a moment, but Devimon first wanted to take care of his host's little friends. Raising his claws he prepared to strike at Riak.

(Takatos' mindscape)

`No, Rika! You will not harm her. I won't let you harm any of my friends. Not any of them and especially not Rika!' Takato screamed in rage as he began to glow brightly.

The darkness that had began to surround Takato was overwhelmed by the brightness that had once been Takato.

Hypnos

Devimon licked his lips as he brought his claws down on Rika. Rika closed her eyes and waited for the end to come. Then she heard Devimon cry out in pain.

"No, this body is minw! You can't!" cried Devimon.

*Wrong it's my body and I won't let you use it to harm my friends.*

"Do you really think that you can stop me boy. For all your bravo we share this body. Stopping me is stopping yourself." Devimon said.

*As long as my friends are safe it doesn't matter what happens to me.*

Devimon screamed in pain as his body started to glow brighter. Slowly his body began to dissolve into data. Rika and the others watched in confusion as Devimon yelled for his invisible tormentor to stop.

"Okay does anyone know what's going on?" asked Rika.

"I think it is Takato. He nust be forcing Devimon's body to break into data." Said Henry.

"Yes, but isn't Takato inside Devimon. SWo what happens to him when Devimon is fully deleted?" Renamon asked.

"There's nop way to know. Takato could wind up being separated from Devimon or they could both be deleted." Yamaki answered unsteadily.

"Gogglehead you've got to stop. You could be destroying yourself as well." Rika yelled.

*Sorry Rika but I can't let Devimon hurt the ones I love. Forgive me. Goodbye Rika.*

The deletion of Devimon increased drastically. As the last vestiges of the virus digimon floated away Takato's body fell to the ground. Worried for her friend Rika raced over to Takato's side. Just as Rika reached him Takato's body turned into data itself. Rika sunk to her knees tears running down her face. Henry and Renamon were both shocked at what they had just seen. Yamaki clinched his fist in anger, this was not how he had wanted things to go. Not at all.

"Rika don't cry. I'm okay."

"Huh? Takato?" Rika asked looking up.

Guilmon nodded. "Yeah. Although I wish someone could explain what just happened to me."