Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Smile: it confuses teachers ❯ Smile ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimers: Barely owns my own computer, much less Digimon.
Note: This is for Ah-buuh. I have absolutely no idea when in canon this should occur,but the idea was too good top ass on


Hideki Yamamoto entered the class and dumped the graded papers on the front desk with a sigh. This was today's last class and he would be glad when it was over. He looked up at the student and noticed a face he didn't recognize. The blue hair and eyes were awfully familiar, but for the life of him, he couldn't place a name on it.

Surely the management, or at the very least another teacher, would tell him if there was a new student in this class? Oh well, right now wasn't the moment to worry about it. The bell chimed and the class somehow calmed before greeting him. Hideki began calling out the student's name and they rose one by one to collect their graded papers.

When he came to the I's, he wasn't really thinking anymore. He only echoed the name on the sheet without really reading it. Then he looked up and there he was, the new student, looking expectantly at him. Hideki blinked. It couldn't be! he looked back at the sheet for the name. Ichijouji Ken. Then he looked back up and the thought hit him with the force of a bullet train. He had to strain to keep a straight face. That was indeed Ken Ichijouji, and he hadn't recognized him yet because he'd been smiling all along. He smiled back and handed him the paper.

"It's nice to see you with a cheery face," he said.

The boy gave him a short bow.

"You have no idea," Ken answered politely as he took his paper.