Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sillie: Hello there… Yes, I'm still alive… >_< Writers block had me in his grip… *glares at writers block*

Yama: That's such a lame excuse…

Sillie: *glares at Yama * It isn't an excuse… Every time I grabbed my notebook, I drew a blanc…. Really frustrating you know…

Taichi: I can imagine…

Yama: *stares at Tai *

Taichi: What?

Sillie: *grins * Thanks Tai… anyway, I want to thank my reviewers, who urged me to go on:

takuya, Az-Strawberry, Lil Yaten Fae, Beta 4 Hire, kellyQ, nEo-cHaN, SillyJilly, Redvind, riviera, The sad Blue Demon, Sanura-sama, PrincessSwifty, kaizer-sama, absolute Tai lover, Lar-lar and Catgirl Rahen. And from Mediaminer: Ruddykitty and Taito4eva.

Taichi: O.o That many people are reading this? Wow…

Yama: *roles eyes * Great…

Sillie: Yama, stop whining about it. *pokes Taichi * Do your job.

Taichi: Right… the disclaimer: Sillie does not own Digimon and its characters.

Sillie: Good boy.

Yama: I'm not whining!

Soccer freak (chapter 5)

That afternoon, Tai and his dad went to a small field for the soccer training. Tai felt nervous, and he didn't dare look his dad in the eye. When they reached the field, his dad turned to him.

"Okay…we start with a warming up. Just run laps till I tell you to stop." Tai grimaced. He hated running laps…

Three hours later, Tai's dad called it a day, and ended the training session. Tai lay on the ground, panting. He was so tired… It felt like he couldn't move a muscle (a/n: I almost typed mussel… XD).

Normal trainings took about an hour and a half. He could handle that… but 3 hours… He didn't dare tell his dad though.

He dragged himself home, and collapsed on his bed, where he fell asleep almost immediately…

~*~

It went that way every evening, and Taichi became more tired by the day. On the fourth day, Matt started to notice that something wasn't right. Tai zoned out in class and during lunch break, blinking stupidly as Matt snapped him out of it.

At the end of the day Matt pulled Tai into an empty classroom. "Yama… what are you doing? I have to get going! My dad…"

"This won't take long." Matt interrupted him. Tai sighed, and looked up at Matt.

"Okay Taichi. You're acting strange again… You've zoned out 5 times today…" He looked at Tai with a worried expression. Tai smiled softly. Matt was so sweet…

The smile vanished quickly though, and he sat on one of the chairs with a sigh. "I just feel so tired…" he confessed. Matt raised his eyebrows. "How come? Don't you get enough sleep? You don't look very tired…"

Tai shook his head. "That's not what I meant. I do get enough sleep. But even so, I still feel tired… I can't concentrate…" Tai trailed of, and for a moment, Matt thought he'd zoned out again. Then Tai looked up, a smile on his face.

"It'll be alright Matt… really." Matt smiled back, but he still felt worried. Something was nagging at his mind that wouldn't go away… that something bad was gonna happen… He couldn't put his finger on it, and it was irritating him to no end.

He'd have a talk with Kari tomorrow…

Tai stood, and turned to the door. "I have to go now… see you tomorrow." Tai wanted to open the door, but Matt was to quick. He grabbed Tai around the waist and whirled him around.

"Not so fast…"He whispered in Tai's ear, before he claimed the boy's lips. He never could get enough of this… When they parted, he grinned at Tai. Tai grinned back, and licked his lips. "Yum…" Matt blushed, and Tai laughed.

"You said you had to go right?" Matt said, turning even redder. Tai blinked. "Oh yeah… bye Yama! Love you!" Matt smiled. "Love you too… be careful!" Tai waved, and then he was off.

~*~

The next day at lunch break, Matt looked around for Kari. He hoped she would know what made Tai so tired. Suddenly, he spotted her. She was walking with T.K., Davis and Yolie. He made his way towards her.

"Hikari!" Kari turned, and smiled when she saw him. "He Yamato. Why aren't you with my brother?" Matt shuffled his feet nervously. "Because I wanted to ask you something… in privet…" He eyed the rest, and Kari nodded.

"Alright…" She turned towards T.K, Davis and Yolie. "I'll be right there… You go on, and keep a spot at the table for me." They nodded, while looking curious at Matt. "Come on, follow me." Kari said, and started to walk towards an empty classroom. It was the same he and Taichi where in yesterday.

Kari closed the door and turned to Matt. "Okay… what was it you wanted to ask?" Matt sighed and raked a hand through his hair. "It's about Taichi… He's acting weird.. zoning out and stuff. I asked what was wrong, and he said he was tired, but that he did get enough sleep… I was just wondering… if you noticed something…"

Matt trailed of, and it was silent for a while. Kari frowned. "Yeah…" she said, "I noticed that too…" She looked up at Matt. "I don't really know what's going on, but dad's acting really weird lately… he's giving Taichi some extra training… dunno why though…"

Kari sighed. "Taichi used to tell me everything… but now we almost don't talk at all…When he gets home, he quickly grabs something to eat. Then my dad and he disappear for almost 4 hours, and when they get back, Taichi's so tired, he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow…"

Matt frowned. "Really?" Kari nodded. "Yeah… we haven't seen Taichi during diner since those trainings started…"

"And what about your mom? Doesn't she say anything?" Kari's face turned sad. "I've heard them arguing about it, but my dad just won't stop. I'm glad that stupid game is in 3 days…"

It stayed silent after that. After a few minutes Kari grabbed the handle of the door. "I have to go now… keep an eye on my brother will you?" Matt nodded and then she was off.

Matt didn't like what he'd heard. His face hardened. He would follow Tai and his dad this evening. He wanted to know what that 'personal training' was all about…

~*~

That evening, Matt stood hidden behind a tree in front of Tai's apartment building, waiting for them to come out. He saw the door open, and Tai and his dad come out. Matt frowned. Tai wasn't acting like his normal self at all…

He walked behind his dad, head down. Matt shook his head. He shouldn't be surprised. Hadn't Tai said he was afraid of his dad? Matt couldn't believe it though… Mr. Yagami was a really nice man. He couldn't imagine him being angry.

He followed them silently, till they reached a small field, surrounded by trees and at one side a fence. Matt hid behind a tree, and watched as the scene unfolded before his eyes.

He saw Tai running lap after lap, practising his skills with the ball, doing sit-ups and push-ups, running some more laps… It was tiring to look at, and Matt didn't want to know how Tai was feeling. But what astonished Matt the most, was Mr. Yagami…

He was yelling at Tai every time something went wrong. That Tai was stupid, and that he couldn't do anything right. And every time Tai flinched at the words. It made Matt want to run up to him, hug him, tell him it wasn't true.

This wasn't the Mr. Yagami he knew… The Mr. Yagami he knew would never yell such things at his son….

After 3 hours, Tai's dad ended the training session, and Tai flopped down in the grass, exhausted. Mr. Yagami grabbed the stuff they'd been using, and put it in a bag. Then he yelled at Tai to get a move on. Tai stood up, and walked after his dad, dragging his feet.

Matt stayed behind, amazed at what he'd just seen. He realised that there was nothing he could do. He could just hope everything would go all right, but he was dreading the game.

The feeling that something would go wrong hadn't left him. It had become even stronger. He slowly walked home, deep in thought. It took a while before sleep claimed him that night….

~*~

t.b.c.

Sillie: -__- '' Sorry for the lame chapter… Next chapter, the game! ^__^

Taichi: * looks scared * What are you going to do to me?

Sillie: Who says I'm going to do something to you? *grins *

Taichi: … * stares at me*

Yama: *roles eyes and hugs Tai * Let her be… she's insane…

Sillie: …what did you say Yama?

Yama: Euh… nothing! Really! ^__^;;

Sillie: Right…. *suspicious glare * Until next time…