Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Such a Perfect World? ❯ The Graveyard. (Kari Part 1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: The first part of this was written by Phoenix (Flame of) but sadly she's very ill and can't carry on with this story. So I've taken it over.


Such a Perfect World?
Part 2:- The Graveyard. (Kari Part 1)
Written by Sethoz.


'In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)


Kari looked around her. The white fog had lifted and she could see. In front of her were some huge gray gates.

"Where am I?" She asked to the empty air.

"Where you wanted to be, a world where Daisuke Motimiya was never born." came a voice behind her. Mornamon walked up to her. The red robe she was wearing hung loosely around her, it's folds reveling two knee high black boots.

"We are standing in front of the most sacred place in the Digital world. It is the Digidestined grave yard." Mornamon continued.

"The Dig-?" Kari gasped. She turned and pushed at the gray gates. To her surprise she passed right through them. With out stopping to try and work out why she carried on running. As she reached the center of the graveyard she stopped her eyes gazing at what was in front of her in horror.

"No." she muttered as she fell to her knees. With shaking fingers she reached for the gravestone in front of her. Caved on it were a few simple words.


"Digidestined of Courage.
~Tai - He died for us~
'With my last breath I thought of you all,
my only regret that my time was no more.'"


"He was the first to go." Mornamon stated. "He was killed saving you and TK from Skull-Graymon."

"But we stopped Skull-Graymon." Kari screamed her eyes filled with tears. Mornamon shook her head.

"Davis stopped Skull-Graymon. With out him the egg of Friendship was never opened and Skull-Graymon was never saved." Mornamon said. Kari looked down at the grass, not knowing what to say.

"What do you mean he was the first to go?" Kari blurted our. For an answer Mornamon simply pointed at more head stones. Kari shook her head in denial as she moved to them. There was Matt, Mimi, Sora, Joe and Izzy, there graves gray and lifeless. As Kari started she heard limping footsteps behind her. Mornamon grabbed Kari and pulled her behind some trees.

"Watch." Mornamon commandeered. A girl came into view, her clothes torn, her hair muddy. She walked with a limp her head bent down. Even before the girl lifted her head Kari knew who it was. She watched as the girl bent down and began to clear some grass from around Tai's grave.

"What happened to me?" she asked, her gaze locked on her counter part.

"You gained the limp the first time you came back to the digital world. Do you remember when you were attacked. Davis came to your rescue while TK stood there in shock. With out Davis the Digimon attacked you, TK came to your rescue but it was to late to prevent the limp." Mornamon said. She turned and walked away her eyes downcast.

"Stay here." Mornamon commandeered. "Look and learn well child of Light. See what you could become." With that Mornamon was gone. Kari stared at the empty space that a second ago held Mornamon and sighed. She turned back and watched the other Kari lay a few flowers down by Tai's grave.

~@~

"You summoned me?" Mornamon asked, her head bowed. The shadowy figure in front of her nodded.

"Why have you started this course of action." It demanded. "We can not interfere, you know this."

"I know." Mornamon answered calmly. "I am not interfering, I am simply showing them a possible route there lives could go."

"You walk a fine line Mornamon." It chucked.

"I have to walk this path." Mornamon said, her face grave. The creature in front of her nodded.

"Time is running out... on all sides." with that the shadow vanished. Mornamon looked up her eyes filled with worry.

"I only hope I am not to late." she muttered to the now empty room.

~@~

Kari looked at her self, tears burning her eyes. The other her looked so empty.

"The Light is gone from her." a voice said. There was Mornamon, looking deep into Kari, looking for something. She didn't seem to find it though and turned away.

"Come, there is more to see."

TBC...

Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review, Please review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sethoz