Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Camp of Love ❯ TK scores ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
The first few days were a lot of fun, and on the third day of camp, right after breakfast things were about to head up Davis' alley when the counselors told everyone to leave their dishes where they were, “Because the one thing you guys need, is a good old fashioned game of soccer.”
 
A lot of the campers cheered and slapped high fives, while a few, preferably TK weren't too enthusiastic. Still, it didn't hurt to participate, and it was also going to be guys against girls. Some of the girls didn't like that too much since they felt there was no way they could win… especially since Davis and Ken were going to be playing, and on the same team just like they did back at home.
 
But a good number of the girls who were going to play up first weren't so worried about that, especially Mina.
 
 
When the game began, Davis and Ken felt honored to have TK on the team, but as the goalie. “I still don't see why I have to stay stuck in this net.” TK groaned. Davis and Ken explained to him again that this wasn't basket-ball, and that TK had great ways of interception. “Take it or leave it, Man.” Davis teased.
 
The rest of the campers were watching from the sidelines, Kari and Yolei were there with Cody, and they got a good view of the field. Soccer wasn't really their thing.
 
“All right guys…” said Captain Davis, “You all know the strategy?”
 
The boys acknowledged, and then they took their positions as Chloe was ready to throw the ball. She shot a wink at Davis before the game began, much to his confusion…
 
…The game was on.
 
During the first half the girls were whooping the boys hard, and it was mostly Mina who scored most of the girls. “Wow!” TK cried, “How did you do that?”
 
Mina smirked at him, “I was co-captain of my junior soccer team for three years, but I love basketball the most.” As she ran back to centerfield, her long hair brushed past TK's face.
 
Cody gazed at TK through his binoculars. “Gee, what's with TK?” he asked. “He looks like he's just seen an angel.”
 
Kari knew what that look was. TK was hooked hard. Too bad poor Yolei was in uproar about Ken. “Come on! What are you guys doing?”
 
All for the first half the boys looked as if they were playing extremely poorly and the score stood 10-3. The girls couldn't believe it, and figured they were actually to win, unaware that this was all part of one of Davis' master strategies.
 
For the next half, some of the players rotated, but Davis, Ken, and TK stayed, and Mina stayed on her team as well. Davis and Ken winked at each other that it was time.
 
Davis and Mina stared each other down while waiting for the ball to be thrown. “I gotta' admit it Tanaka, you sure got mad skills.”
 
Mina smirked at the compliment, “But what are you smirked at me for?” she had to ask. Davis sinister grin widened, “Because I know something you don't.”
 
“Huh…?”
 
The ball was thrown, and Davis zoomed past her, tore across the field and scored a quick goal: 10-4.
 
The girls put up a good fight, but they were no match now. Davis' team had been letting the girls win for the first half to tire them out and make them feel overconfident which slowed them down even more. They're team was weary, while Davis' was fresh.
 
10-6
 
10-8
 
The girls were no longer able to score another goal, not even Mina as TK was blocking their shots like a wall, and as much as he really liked Mina, he didn't let her charm get to him.
 
As the boys continued to clobber the girls, Davis to a glance up at the sidelines and his eyes met Kari's. She smiled at him and he winked at her as he leapt up high roaring like a powerful soldier and kicked the ball so hard in the air that he sent it blazing across the field and into the girls' net!
 
Time was up and the boys had won; 10-11. Yolei went crazy like a horny cheerleader, and she hugged Cody so hard he was begging for air. Kari knew Davis could do it. “He's incredible.” she muttered softly.
 
Chloe noticed this, and realized she probably would have some competition.
 
Suddenly the girls began to fret that Mina was hurt. During the game she had slipped on the ground and fell. It was no one's fault, but she had small bruise on her leg. TK had a first-aid kit and he and Mina went off to the side. Mina was sure tough, and had hurt herself plenty of times. Though this bruise was nothing to her, she thought it was sweet that TK was helping her.
 
They soon found that they were staring into each others eyes…
 
 
As Davis changed back into his camper's clothes, and deodorized his bad odor from the game, he couldn't help but feel he was starting to like it at camp, and he was wondering, “Maybe I should treat Kari to a milkshake or something.” Then he realized what he was thinking, “No I can't…! What am I thinking? Why am I thinking like this?”
 
Kari came to see him. “Davis…?”
 
He almost leapt off his bed. Kari laughed, but then Davis laughed too.
 
“You were incredible out there, Davis.” she said kindly.
 
Davis smiled, “Aren't I always?” he said acting macho and goofily flexing his muscles. Kari giggled. They both left the cabin to take Davis' soccer outfit to the laundry, on their way out. “Whoa…! Do you see--”
 
Kari nodded, and the others joined and saw it too. TK and Mina were… kissing! Davis could hardly believe it more than anyone. Maybe he was starting to feel wrong about the camp and its ways…
 
…still he knew something like that wouldn't happen to him.
 
…or would it?
 
He gazed for a moment at Kari. “What?” she asked. He turned back, “…Nothing.”
 
All Yolei could do was roll her eyes. “Are those two ever going to suck it up and let it out already?”