Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ First Champion ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A few hours later, the DigiDestined and their Digimon are fully rested and have eaten lunch. They discuss how to find Vilemon and the easiest and least dangerous way to get tow here he is.

"Vilemon lives in the palace atop Infinity Mountain, which is that giant mountain in the distance," Centarumon says.

"There are many dangerous Digimon that have fallen under Vilemon's control between here and Infinity Mountain," Leomon tells them, "but I am sure you can handle it. You are, after all, the DigiDestined."

"And the most dangerous of his minion's is a Digimon named Ogremon," Centarumon says, "a very nasty and rude Digimon. Before Vilemon came, he was the top baddie on File Island. But now he's playing toady to Vilemon."

"And even if you come across Ogremon on your way to Infinity Mountain and are able to defeat him, do not underestimate Vilemon," Leomon says, "he has been emporered by the powers of Darkness and is quite strong. Don't take any unnecessary risks."

"We won't" Jesse promises," we've already discovered how dangerous this place can be."

"Kuwagamon was just a wild Digimon," Centarumon says, "he was just being himself. Ogremon will hunt you down and try to destroy you before you make it to Vilemon. The more hurt you are before making it to Vilemon, the better his chances will be of defeating you."

"Well guys, lets go," Brian says as he sits up, "the sooner we find those tags, the sooner we can start looking for the Crests. And the sooner we do that, the sooner we can go home."

"I wonder if they have noticed we're gone yet?" Jesse wonders out loud.

"Who knows?" James asks, sighing, "they'll definitely know we're gone before the day is up. And who knows how long this will take? We may have to travel all over this world!"

"Calm down James," Brian says, "everything will be fine. We'll get back home before they really miss us. You'll see."

"There's only one way to find out," Jesse says, "so lets go and do this!" He starts walking in the direction of Infinity Mountain.

~On the top of Infinity Mountain~

"Ogremon, come forth," a despicably vile looking Digimon says in a raspy voice. He looks kinda like a giant bat, but is quite hairy in an icky sort of way and has a rather large mouth full of teeth dripping with acidic venom. His eyes are blood red. A large, green, horned Digimon walks out of the shadows.

"Yes, Lord Vilemon?" he asks.

"Ogremon is a physically strong Evil Digimon. His brutality in battle is incredible. His Pummel Whack and Bone Cudgel attacks are only outdone by his foul odor."

"Ogremon, the DigiDestined have arrived," Vilemon says.

"Vilemon is an Evil Digimon born out of total Darkness. His Nightmare Shocker attack destroys good Digimon," Ogremon says. "They have?" Ogremon asks.

"Yes, and I want you to take some of my slaves to take care of them," Vilemon says.

"Oh goody, I get to torture some humans and Digimon," Ogremon says.

"Be sure to bring me their Digivices, Ogremon," Vilemon commands. "Why, oh great

and totally vile one?" Ogremon asks.

"Because I can use the power of their Digivices to further the plans of the forces of Darkness!" Vilemon says with an evil laugh. Ogremon leaves with a very big Digimon in tow.

~Back with the DigiDestined~

"Come on gang, we gotta hurry!" Brian calls out to the other behind him.

"Should we wait till we get back home to tar and feather him?" Samantha asks.

"I say we do it now," James says, "he's getting on my nerves."

"I could use my Egg Pelter on him," Eggmon suggests.

"Nah, too dangerous," Jesse says, panting.

"You okay Jesse?" Daniel asks.

"I'm okay," Jesse says, still panting, "I'm just not used to all of this physical activity."

"Then why did you go to summer camp?" James asks.

"I'll take any excuse I can get my hands on to get away from my family," Jesse retorts.

"That bad, huh?" Daniel asks.

"Worse than you can imagine," Jesse says, "Vilemon can't be any worse than some of my cousins."

"Hey, we've reached the foot of Infinity Mountain!" Brian calls out. The group looks ahead of them and see that this is true: they were at the foot of Infinity Mountain.

"Surprise!" Ogremon cries out, falling down among the DigiDestined, "Pummel Whack!" He hits Magimon and Hermon with his bone club in a vertical direction. "Bone Cudgel!" he calls out, this time hitting Tapirmon.

"Spiral Twister!" Biyomon calls out, hitting Ogremon's back with the spiraling green flame.

"Egg Pelter!" Eggmon calls out, hitting Ogremon's face with a half dozen eggs.

Ogremon shrugs off the attacks and hits Eggmon with his Bone Cudgel attack. "Hey Deltamon, we're not paying you by the hour!" Ogremon calls out, "take care of them!" Ogremon jumps away, leaving the giant Digimon that had accompanied him.

"Oh no, its Deltamon!" Biyomon cries out when Deltamon walks into view. Instead of hands, this dinosaur-like Digimon had two more heads where its hands should be, only one was more like a skull and the other was cybernetic. "Deltamon is a Composition Digimon of great strength," Biyomon explains, "his Triplex Forces and Serpent Bite attacks are deadly."

"That's one mean looking dinosaur!" James cries out as he tries to hide behind a tree. Deltamon's left hand, the skull head, comes lunging at Biyomon. Biymon dodges the attack and fires off her Spiral Twister again. Deltamon laughs.

"You can't keep dodging forever, little birdy," he all three heads laugh, "Triplex Forces!" A small ball of energy forms in front of each heads mouth. A thin line of red energy connects the three spheres of energy. The void inside of the red lines fills up with the energy from the spheres and flies out at Biyomon. It hits her full force, knocking her down.

"Now for you DigiDestined," Deltamon says with a sinister grin.

"Not so fast!" Heromon cries out. Deltamon turns to see Heromon struggling to get up, using his sword as something to balance himself with.

"You think you can fight me?" Deltamon laughs, "Serpent Bite!" The cybernetic head lashes out and grabs hold of Heromon. Deltamon flings Heromon against a rock jutting out of the ground.

"Heromon!" Jesse cries out. "Magical Tapestry!" Magimon calls out, unleashing his attack. The attack barely fazes Deltamon, who backhands Magimon with his skull head/hand.

Biyomon is struggling to get up. Eggmon launches his Egg Pelter attack upon Deltamon. The eggs hit Deltamon in all of his eyes, blinding him for a moment. In his blindness, Deltamon lumbers in the direction of the DigiDestined.

"Oh no, he's coming this way!" James cries out, still cowering behind the rock. Jesse, Samantha, Daniel, and Brian all run for cover. But this doesn't help, as Deltamon trips over the rock James was hiding behind and begins to fall on him. James doesn't have enough time to get away.

"Hang on James, I'm coming!" Eggmon calls out as James' Digivice begins to glow. Eggmon is surrounded by that same strange light from before.

"Eggmon digivolve to Tamamon!" Eggmon calls out. "Tamamon, the Champion form of Eggmon," Tapirmon says, "his Blazing Sydrome really burns his enemies up." Tamamon looks like a much larger version of Digitamamon, but with legs and his shell isn't as tough.

Instead of Deltamon falling on James, he falls on Tamamon, who can easily hold him up. Tamamon flezes and knocks Deltamon off of him. Tamamon turns around and faces Deltamon. "Blazing Sydrome!" he calls out, holding his hands him fornt of him, the wrists touching. A ball of fire forms in front of Tamamon's hands and flies out at Deltamon. It hits him with great impact, knocking him out.

"Wow, cool!" James says in awe, looking up at his friend. Tamamon glows and returns to his Rookie form of Eggmon. "I guess I used up a lot of energy," he says, "so I can't stay Tamamon for long until I get used to it."

"Well, it looks like we may really be the DigiDestined," Brian says, "now lets go get Vilemon!"

"Fools!" Vilemon calls out from the top of Infinity Mountain, "you will face me when I say!" He fires his Nightmare Shocker at them, sending them flying to another part of the island.

When they hit the ground, or rather, the trees, they slowly climb down.

"Was that Vilemon?" Jesse asks Heromon, who was somewhat shorter than Daniel.

"Yes, that was Vilemon," Hermon says, "lets get back to Infinity Mountain and fight him and get your Crests."

"Right," Brian says, "lets go." He starts walking back in the direction of Infinity Mountain.