Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tamers No More ❯ Play Time ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Why do we have to stay here, Takatomon?"

Takato gave a slightly agitated sound as his digimon's complaining awaked him.

"Takatomon…" Guilimon spoke again, this time yanking on Takato's arm. Takato's mind was clearing. He remembered now. His eyes opened, and Takato remembered that they weren't his own. Takato was aware of so much more than he would have been as a human. He could smell the stagnant water of Guilimon's shelter. He could hear the far squeaks of a rat nearby. The new sounds and tastes and smells had been overloading the former human's mind since the transformation had ended.

"Takatomon!!" Guilimon whined.

"NO! We can't go Guilimon!" Takato snapped at the digimon. Guilimon's ears drooped as he hung his head. Takato kicked himself mentally for yelling at him again.

"I'm sorry boy…its just…" the tamer trailed off. Takato brought his hand…er…paw to his face. Takato had designed Guilimon, and subsequently he knew everyone of his body's new quirks. He remembered how he'd designed the paws. Sharp claws that the digimon could make hard as steel or as flexible as fingers at will. Takato absently flexed his claws. They bended and moved as he willed, almost in the same manner his hands would have. His hands… The anger was quick to Takato's mind. The claws became solid and rigid. He stuck them into the ground at his side. The claws did as he designed them to do, cutting deep into the ground. The quick release of anger was helpful and the tamer calmed back down.

"I just don't know what's happening here." Takato started, more for his benefit than for Guilimon.

" The second I got up today…nothing was normal." Takato stood up now, his voice slightly panicked. Guilimon was startled as his tamer started to rant.

"Just what happened?! Is this like a werewolf thing??? Is this gonna happen every full moon!? No, it can't be that." Takato went on.

" This was in the day. Maybe this is some sort of dream! Yeah!! It's got to be that! Guilimon! Pinch me quick!!" Guilimon was quite confused, but did as he was told. The digimon pinched his arm as hard as could without hurting him.

"OW!!" Takato cried out, but he was too panicked to realize he was getting hysterical.

"Now when I open my eyes…" he said as he covered his eyes with his paws. " I'll be home in bed. I get up and I won't be a digimon! I'll be me!" He cried out enthusiastically. He waited a few moments and uncovered his eyes. Guilimon's snout was in his face. He was still a digimon.

"Takatomon….are you ok?" he asked. Takato's eyes started to water again. Guilimon held the former human as he fell to his knees and let it all out again. Guilimon knew that Takato couldn't take this much longer…

"Hellllllo??????? Takato???? You home????" Henry spoke into the phone. The answering machine had picked up. Henry knew that Takato's parents wouldn't be home but he knew that Takato should be there. The tamer waited for a few moments more before hanging up the phone.

"Not there is he…" Terriermon spoke grimly.

"Hey don't worry." Henry told his digimon. Terriermon and Henry had become quite good at reading each other. Terriermon knew that Takato was missing, and Henry's description of the weird stuff at school…well the digimon knew that something strange was happening. Terriermon also knew Henry was a poor liar.

"So.." he started, " what's the plan?" Henry gave the digimon a smirk. Henry hated the idea of being the leader. He knew he could do it, but he didn't like it. Between him and his digimon however it had become a sort of running gag.

"Well.." Henry spoke coming up to Terriermon and hoisting him up onto his shoulder,

" we need to find our suspect." Terriermon giggled as Henry began to go into his detective skit.

"And, I deduce that the mostly likely location is…Guilimon's shelter!" he recited, the tamer doing a goofy Sherlock Homes impersonation. Terriermon giggled again as he took his usual spot on Henry's head, his ears wrapped around the boy's neck.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

Terriermon heard the vibrations coming from the hall and leaped off his tamer's head, landing back first on Henry's bed. The digimon knew the drill and went rigid and lifeless, the digimon now looking like the stuffed animal he was suppose to be. Suzie, completely oblivious to Henry, entered the room.

"Suzie!" Henry yelled at her. Suzie gave him a wickedly cute smile, knowing it would irritate him. As the small child begin to search the room, Henry started on her again.

"Suzie. What do you want…?" he started, the words obviously said many times before.

"I'm looking for…" she started, her eyes finding Terriermon on the bed.

"Ah! You!" she screamed with glee. Terriermon was quickly pulled into her arms were she crushed him with her snuggling.

"I'm going to "borrow" this one for a wittle while. Do you mind?" she asked her brother, giving him her full "pretty please" look. Henry snickered slightly at the panicked look on Terriermon's face. The digimon was being held upside down by a his feet. Both Terriermon and Henry knew what Suzie meant by "borrow". Terriermon had gone on for hours about the embarrassment and abuse that Suzie had inflicted on him. Dressing him up like a girl, putting makeup on him, even having tea parties with her other dolls. Terriermon was now shaking his head gently and waving his hands at Henry in a "Please no! Anything but this! DO SOMETHING!" manner. Henry smirked and decided to that Terriermon needed some time with Suzie. "Ok, Suzie. You can play with him until I get back." Terriermon's expression changed from panicked to pissed in an instant.

"Where are you going?" Suzie asked offhandedly as she started to pull Terriermon's ears.

"Oh, um..I'm..just gonna go say hi to Takato. I'll be back in just a little bit." the tamer told her.

"Ok, bye-bye." Suzie quipped as she happily pranced away to her room dragging the captive digimon behind her. Terriermon mouthed the words, "I'll get you for this…" as he was dragged away. Henry snickered again as he left his house. "Now, I think that you'll look good in the pink dress…" was the last thing he heard as he left.