Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




The wind blow softly through the dark streets of Odiaba




OK here is part2 to my first fanfic The Dark Key. I hope you like it. Not a lot happens in this part. Just brings you deeper into the story.

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon or any of its characters.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Dark Key
Part2: Dreams

The wind blew softly through the dark streets of Odiaba. Taichi Kamiya pulled his coat closer to his body in order to block some of the cold. Thoughts filled his mind, most of them were directed on Matt. What was wrong with him? Tai sat down on a bench near his apartment building. He was really worried. Matt had been acting strangely for several weeks, but why? Tai's mind drifted to events of the past few weeks.
The main thing he could remember was the good bye party. After defeating the last of the evil and setting the balance of the digiworld straight, Gennia came to the digidestined and told them that they would have to say good bye to their digimon again. He explained that in order to assure the safety of both worlds they would have to seal the digiport possibly forever. Everyone was upset about having to say good bye again, so Mimi came up with the idea that we should have a big good bye party. The party went great we held it at Digitamamon's restaurant. Everyone came, the digidestined their digimon, and even some other digimon that they had befriended during their adventures. That was the night when I had really noticed a change in Matt. He seemed like he was really on his guard, like he was waiting for something to happen. At first I thought his behavior was do to the separation. Everyone was a little distracted that day; it's hard to say good bye especially to your best friend. I know the thought of never seeing Agumon again made me more than just a little upset.

Well three months had passed since that night and everything seemed to be getting back to normal, that was until everyone started to have these disturbing dreams. Tai brushed a few stains of brown hair out of his eyes. A stream of sadness and worry flew cross him. He really missed Agumon, and these dreams or nightmares weren't making it any easier. He remembered the first time he had it. About four nights ago, he woke to the sound of his sister Hikari screaming. He rushed into her room to see what had happen. She had her head in her hands and was whispering something to herself over and over again. He would have ran to get his parents, but they were out of town for the week, visiting their grandmother in the country. Tai had convinced his parents that he could handle the household for a couple of days. With them not here he would have to help his sister. Tai rushed to Kari's side, and hugged her.
"Kari what's wrong?"
She didn't answer instead she just continued to mumble to herself. Tai could barley make out his sister's words.
"The darkness is coming. The darkness is coming."
"Kari snap out of it." Tai said to his sister voice filled with concern. "Kari talk to me. Are you ok?"
Kari stooped whispering to herself. Tears were forming in her eyes and she broke down and began to cry.
"Tai I'm so sorry, I tried to stop him but he was to strong." Kari said, not making eye contacted with her bother.
Tai just looked at his sister worriedly and wrapped his arm around her. " Don't worry Kari I'm here. You just had a bad dream."
Kari looked at him tears stilled filled her eyes. She wrapped her arms around him and continued to cry.
"IT felt so real Tai. The darkness got Gatomon, and you and everyone, I was left alone. I'm so scared."
Tai returned the huge. "Don't worry Kari. It was just a dream."
Kari let go of her bother and stared at him. She finally spoke. "IT felt so real. The darkness it was after me after all of us and he got Gatomon."
Tai tried to smile reassuringly at his younger sister. "Hey don't worry nothings going to happen to Gatomon. You heard what Gennia said; we defeated the darkness once and for all. There is nothing to be worried about, you probably just missed Gatomon that's all."
"But what if we didn't defeated all the darkness what if there is still something out there?"
"Then we face it together like always, don't worry Kari I won't let anything hurt you or Gatomon."
Kari nodded her head and laid back down in her bed. "Thanks Tai."
"No prob little sis." Tai shut his sitter's door and returned to his room.

Where am I? Agumon? Fear clutched Tai at the sight of his little organ digimon friend lying motionlessly on the ground. Tai tried to rush to his digimon' side, but something held him back. It felt like his body was frozen. Tai's hole body acted, like his skin was on fire. He tried to scream out but his voice wouldn't work. All around him was darkness. Not a single trace of light shown. Tai could here his friend screaming in pain. But he couldn't help them. He couldn't even help Agumon. Finally after what seemed like an eternity their screams silenced. No sound could be heard anywhere. Tai panicked he tried to move again, but it was no use, he couldn't move, he couldn't even speak. It was over he didn't have to see to know what had happen, his friend are dead, and it's all his fault. He couldn't save his friends. He let them down as a leader and as a friend.
Tai woke in a cold sweat, to see to ruby brown eyes starring at him.
"Huh…Kari what are you doing in here?"
Kari sat down on the side of Tai's bed.
"Well?" Tai asked siting up and wiping some of the sweat that had formed on his head away.
"You were screaming Tai. Did you have a dad dream?"
"Yeah. It was just like the one you had last night." Tai brushed his hair out of his eyes. "Kari I think we should have a digidesinted reunion."
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

OK what did you think? Part3 will have a big reunion so all the characters will be showing up. If you have any comments, or question e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com
Zoe