Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ The Prophecy ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




"Tai are you ok



Author note: here is the next part I hope you enjoy it. This part is a little longer then the others.

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon or any of the characters.

The Dark Key

Part 6: The Prophecy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

"Tai are you OK?" Kari asked her older brother as she walked out on to the balcony where Tai had set for the last hour. She hadn't even spoken to him when he got home. She didn't have a chance the second he arrived he walked straight for the balcony and remained there. "Tai will you please speak to me. Tell me what happened at Matt's please."

Tai exhaled a long breath and then released the air. How was everyone going to takes this especially TK, but there is no reason to believe something bad is going to happen. Maybe Matt is just a little freaked over the whole thing. Maybe someone other then me should go talk to him.

"Tai?" Kari asked. Her voice was soft and gentle just like her. Tai loved his sister and would give his life a thousand times to save hers.

"Kari it was Matt. He was the one who encountered the darkness."

"Why do you think he never told us. Is he going to be OK?" Kari's voice was filled with concern.

"I don't know if he is going to be OK. He seems to be going crazy. He punched me for no reason."

"Well nothing sounds out of the ordinary so far, and knowing you there probably was a reason." Kari teased but she still seemed worried.

"Yeah, but then he started to talk about death, and he also said that he was going to make the darkness stronger then the light." Tai thought for a few moments on what to do then spoke with Kari again. " Kari I think you should get everyone over here but don't tell Matt. We need to figure out what is wrong and how we can help him. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"OK Tai now why are we here?" Yolei asked as she walked through the entrance of the Kamiya's apartment. Following her was Cody and Ken.

"Would you just come in, and have a seat."

"Well now that you are all here I can begin." Izzy stated as he opened his laptop and began to bring up some files.

Davis rolled his eyes and was about to say something about how Izzy spent too much time with that computer when he noticed someone was missing. "Hey wait we can't start yet we're not all here where is Matt?"

"Yeah I'm sure he'd like to hear this too." Yolei said in agreement with Davis.

Tai looked to the ground remembering everything that had happened earlier with Matt. He still hadn't told everybody, the only ones he told where Kari, TK and Izzy. He was just about to say why Matt wasn't coming when Kari spoke up and saved him from having to explain.

"Matt is the reason we are all here. We think something is wrong with him and we don't know how to help him."

"Or if he even wants help." TK added. He was really upset that Matt never told him about any of this. They never kept secrets from each other.

"What do you mean there is something wrong with him? Is he in trouble or hurt?" Sora asked worried about her friend.

Tai spoke up this time. "No he's not hurt, but he is in trouble. I went over to speak with him to day and he totally flipped out, but that is not why I've called you here. Well it is but it isn't." Tai couldn't find the right words to say. Normally he could handle this kind of stuff but after what happened with Matt he was just too shook up to think straight.

Izzy saw how Tai wasn't functioning correctly and decided to help explain the situation. "What Tai means to say is that we have discovered the person who first encountered the dark force that has been plaguing our dreams." All attention was directed from Tai to Izzy as he continued to explain. "Apparently it was Matt who made contact with the darkness, but that is not the only thing we need to talk about. You see I have discovered a most interesting phenomenon. When I was searching through some of my old data about the digiworld I came across and ancient prophecy. I still need to translate it of course but I think it may be related."

"What makes you think it's related?" Joe asked completely confused by all this.

"Well you see I have already translated some of it and it seems to match so far."

"What does it say?" Ken spoke up as curiosity got the better of him.

"Well it talks about our dreams. I don't have it all translated but here is what I have so far.
And darkness shall take friendship from the light and lead him to power and sorrow. Friendship shall bring terror upon the lost digiworlds. But then do to an act of kindness he will find the light again. He will then return to the guardians and they shall cast out the evil of one world and return to their own. Peace shall rein until the light is threatened again. Dreams of darkness will open the gate and a forgotten past shall be remembered. After the deal of death is made the light will have three days left to shine then the guardian's world will be lost to darkness." Everyone looked at Izzy with confused looks.

Davis was the first to break the silence. "Well that was deep, but what exactly does it mean Izzy?"

"To be honest I don't know exactly what it means, but I'm going to work on translating the rest of the prophecy and see if that would help me to better understand the rest of it. However I think the first parts are incidents that have already accord considering we have already experienced the dreams of darkness.

"Well what is a guardian and what is the deal of death?" Asked Mimi. This prophecy stuff really freaks her out.

Everyone started chatting softly or asking Izzy a bunch of question he didn't have the answers to excepted Tai. He remained silent. For some reason he could get that one part of the prophecy out of his head. 'After the deal of death is made the light will have three days left to shine then the guardian's world will be lost in darkness.' then something dawned on him. Matt had said something like he would understand in three days, and Matt called him a guardian.

"So that's what he meant." Tai said softly to himself, but his statement still seemed to capture the interest of the rest of the group.

"UH? What are you talking about Tai?" Kari asked as she got up from he seat and moved over to where her brother was sitting.

"When I was talking with Matt he said something about me understanding all of this in three day. That might be what the prophecy meant. He also called me the guardian of courage, so that most mean we are the guardians."

"So that means that our world will be the one lost to the darkness." Cody said with sadness in his voice.

"I guess so." Tai said honestly.

"Well maybe there is more. Perhaps someone should go talk with Matt and try and get some answers." Joe suggested as he rose from his spot. "I would like to be the one to volunteer but I have a huge exam coming up so I have to hit the books. I'll talked to you guys later." Joe said as he exited the Kamyia's apartment.

"By Joe." Everyone said in unison excepted Tai and TK.

"It's times like these I wish I had to study." Confessed TK. "But just the same I would like to be the one who volunteers to talk to Matt after all he is my brother."

"TK are you sure he's been acting a little crazy lately. Maybe you should let one of us older kids go."

"Tai don't treat me like I'm a little kid. Besides he's my brother I have a obligation to help him, and I'm going to weather you like me to or not."

"If I didn't know any better I would have that you where Matt just now TK. You've grown up so much." Sated Soar as she stood. "I think TK should talk with him he might be able to reach him, but what ever happens you will have to call and tell me because it's about to be my sift at the flower shop. Bye all."

"I'm sorry you guys but I have to go with her I promised I'd help, bye." And with that both Sora and Mimi where gone.

"Well before I take off I should tell you that I'm not going to be in town for the next couple of days. My family is having a reunion out of town and already told my mom and grandpa I would be attending."

"That's OK Cody I'm sure we'll be able to mange without you. I hope you have fun with your family."

"Thanks Kari the rest of you aren't upset are you?"

"Well I'm not considering Davis and I wouldn't be here either."

"UH? What do you mean ken? Why wouldn't you guys be here?" Kari asked.

"I'll tell you why because Ken and I are such hot sot soccer players that we have been chosen to go to this really cool soccer convention out of town."

"Yeah and I have to go to that thing to I already volunteered to help out with some computer stuff at the convention."

"That's OK Yolei. It's probably better that you and the others wouldn't be here, we don't know what is going to happened but if it comes down to it we may have to fight Matt. And I don't want any of you new kids to have to worry about that."

"Really Tai? You don't mind that we wouldn't be here to help." Asked Cody. He really hated to leave if they might need him, but he did promise his grandpa.

"Well in that case I'm going to go home and pack for the trip." Said Yolei as she was picturing what close she was gong to bring with her.

"I should probably be going to it's getting kind of late and I don't want my parents to worry." Said ken as he got up and headed to the door.

"I've got to go to bye guys." Said Cody as he exited with ken and Yolei.

"You guys just e-mail if you need any help and I will be there to save the day." Davis said in his cocky tone. He then realized how distressed TK looked. "Hey don't worry about Matt he's strong. We crest of friendship guys can handle anything and Matt will make it through you just watch."

TK had to smile at that Davis may be dense at times but he had a good heart and he was defiantly meant to inherit the crest of friendship. "Thanks Davis your right Matt will be fine."

"Anytime TP." Davis answered as he walked out the door, and joined the others to head home.

"OK TK, if you're going over there then you need to stay focused and try to get as many answers as you can. If possible then try and get him to return here with you." Izzy sated as he closed his laptop to address those who remained.

"Yeah and be careful we don't know what is really wrong so we don't know how he will react." Said Tai as he led TK to the door.

"Hey, don't worry you guys I can handle this. I'm sure Matt will be back to normal in no time."

"Yeah, but be careful anyway I don't want you to get hurt."

After seeing how everyone was worried TK decided to give in. "OK Kari I'll be careful. I will come back here after I talk with Matt and who knows maybe he will come with me." After that TK exited and headed for Matt's apartment.

After TK left Tai collapsed on the couch. It had been a really long day, and he just wanted to rest till TK returned. He did feel bad about sending him, but TK is like his brother stubborn and Tai had a feeling he wouldn't have taken no for an answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For some reason it was really cold this evening. The day started out warm and bright with rays of sunlight dancing in the air and landing softly on the ground warming all that it touched. But now dark clouds have completely dominated the sky and chilling winds blew.

The walk over to Matt's and his dad's place was way to short. TK walked to up to Matt's apartment and knocked quietly. He waited for a few moments but there was no answer. He finally decided to use his key and go inside. As he walked inside he could hear nothing. The apartment was pitch black and dead silent, but he noticed that the balcony door was opened so he went to see if anybody was out there.

"Matt?!" TK was a bit surprised to see Matt out here, especially with it being so cold outside and it seemed to be even colder up here. "Matt what are you doing up out here?"

Matt didn't look at TK instead he look out on the city that lay before him. "Thinking not that it is any of your business." Matt's words came out harsh and cold, shocking TK. "So what brings you out here anyway little brother?"

TK took a step towards his brother, but still Matt wouldn't look at him. "I just wanted to see if you were OK."

"OK? Why wouldn't I be OK?"

"Look Matt Tai told us about what happened earlier. He said that you admitted to being the one who first encountered the dark force."

Matt finally looked at his brother. His eyes were still cold and emotionless. "Really, and what do you intend to do about it?"

"UH? What do you mean Matt?"

"I know you have the prophecy guardian, but it won't do you any good. I still have the upper hand, and even if you do learn to translate the full thing you still won't understand what it means."

"Matt what are you talking about and how did you know about the prophecy?"

"Does it matter? Just leave I don't want to speak with you."

"But Matt" TK couldn't finish because Matt had gotten up and garbed him by his shirt collar. "Matt What are you doing?" TK asked with fear as he was raised off the ground.

"I gave you a chance to leave next time you had better take it." And with that Matt threw TK back into the apartment with the almost inhuman strength he used earlier with Tai. "Tell our friends that the next time we might that what I have done to you is only a fraction of what I will do to them." And with that said TK got up as quickly as his body would allow and ran out of the apartment slamming the door behind him. The fall didn't really hurt him but the emotional pain would make up for that.

After TK had left Matt collapsed on the ground and let the tears he had been holding back fall freely. He new his friends and his brother would never forgive him as far as he was concerned his life was over. "It's over." He whispered to himself.

"No Yamato it is only begging."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hope you liked it. Please review I need comments and flames. Also I will try to get the next part out as quickly as I got this one. If you have any questions or ideas please e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com
ZOE