Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Maiden of Light ❯ Interlude: Return of the Empress ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own "Digimon" or the characters, used in this story. They belong to someone else (I don't know who and I don't really care), so don't sue.

I own only what I have created (which isn't much).



" " - speech
** ** - thoughts
< > - change in place and/or time
* * * * * * - prophecy
~ ~ - telepathy


**********


Interlude 1: Return of the Empress


**********


<Somewhere in the World of Darkness>

 

Darkness. Nothing but darkness. The sky was dark, covered by black clouds. In any direction to the horizon no color could be seen except black and all shades of gray (mostly the darker ones though). Under the sky was a sea. It could not compare to the Dark Ocean but was quite large nonetheless. In that sea there was an island. Not very large because part of it was underwater due to a battle that had taken place on it long ago. But it wasn't small either. In the center of that isle was a special place, looking exactly the way it has always looked. A place that has remained undamaged by the battle which caused part of the island to sink in the sea and by time.

Four columns that form a square mark the borders of the place. The columns would look like small control spires if they were black. But their color is blood red (the only colorful objects in this world) and their power is quite different from that of the spires. In the center of the square is a black pool two meters in diameter, full of black unmoving water. The walls of the pool are in the form of a perfect circle and are made from some kind of black marble. There are no other buildings in the square area. The whole place has an eerie feeling about it, even more so because no sound can be heard. All is absolutely quiet. For now at least.

There are no digimon on the island. Or any other living creature for that matter. Though the digimon that lived there was destroyed long ago, everyone is still afraid to go in fear that her threat will turn into reality and she will come back one day. No digimon with at least one brain cell wants to be there when it happens.

Above the pool data is swirling in circles. It never stops moving and in time more and more clouds of data are attracted to the vortex and become part of it. But it is no random data that is gathered there. It is the data of the digimon that lived on that island but was defeated long ago. This however is not known to anyone.

Another small cloud of data was added to what was gathered already. But this time it did not end with this. The data cloud began to spin faster. Then it started to change and take form. In less than a minute it turned from a bunch of floating data into something else.

The data above the pool was replaced by what looked like a human girl floating in the air. The "girl" had deathly pale skin, long straight black hair, black eyes and purple lips. The nails on her hands were long, sharp and black. She was dressed in some sort of black robe that left the top of her chest visible, but hid everything below that. She took a look around, then at herself, and smiled.

"At last!" Her voice echoed around on the quiet island. "I am back. I was defeated and turned into a bunch of data that floated around aimlessly. But now I am back and those responsible shall pay dearly. No one will stay in my way again. No one!" She stopped her speech, gently landed on the ground beside the pool and turned towards it. Then she began thinking.

**I don't have all of my power yet. So for now I am limited to my human form. I used to call myself Dellia when I looked like that. I think I'll use that name again. I doubt anyone remembers it after all these years. Now I must first find out what is the situation here and in the other worlds. While doing so I'll also find the rest of my data (or at least some of it). Then I'll restore my true power. I also need to find my crest. And I must find NeoDevimon's digiegg. I remember the place I left it well, but things surely changed during my…"absence". So that knowledge will be of little use. And when it is all done, the time of the dark prophecies will come at last. The Council and the Chosen Ones shall fall before me together with all who dare to defy me and I will at last rule supreme.** She then looked at the pool before her. **Thoughts about the future will get me nowhere. I have wasted enough time. It is time I start searching for the information I need.**

Dellia pointed the palm of her right hand at the pool. Her hand started glowing with purple light. The pool's surface started glowing with such light as well, then pictures started to appear. Each lasted a few seconds, then was replaced by another one. She kept looking for almost a minute until she saw three kids. Something in them attracted Dellia's attention. **These kids… Something in them…** She concentrated on the picture before her. **Dark spores! I can feel dark spores implanted in them! But they are not my dark spores. No, these are weaker. And they are all dormant, waiting to be awakened. But who could have planted them? In all my life I have met only one person who could create dark spores. A digimon called Millenniummon. I remember him well. That idiot dared to challenge me! And more than once too. When I destroyed him as Millenniummon, he came back as Moon=Millenniummon and was stronger than before. I destroyed him again and he came back again, this time as XeedMillenniummon, only to fall before my might once again. And so it ended. A pity, really. A few more increases in his power and he would've been quite a challenge. But of course all that was a long time ago, I must not forget that fact. During my absence ten Millenniummon may have risen and fallen. Or maybe there is another digimon who can create dark spores. Not very likely, but not impossible. I'll find out more about this later.** She returned her attention to the pool.

Less than a minute later her interest was attracted by the image of a girl. Dellia concentrated and studied her. **Ah, yes. How wonderful! YOU, my dear, will have the Crest of Darkness. Perfect. Of course, your digimon partner won't be very happy, but who cares. I can easily "persuade" her to serve me. I will even make you her tamer.**

After a couple more minutes she had found five more parts of her data. Much to her joy all were in the same world she was in, and not too far either. Then the picture of an Anubismon appeared and attracted her attention. She concentrated once again and a second later her eyes widened in surprise when she realized what she sees and feels. **My Crest! That Anubismon has my Crest! I don't believe it! I thought the Sovereigns would have hidden it someplace where it would be well guarded. It seems I was wrong. My Crest is here, in this world, held by that Anubismon. In my weakened state and with the power of my Crest in her hands she could actually try to fight me if I simply go and demand that she gives it to me. Looks like I'll have to leave the retrieving of my Crest for later, after I have regained some more of my power. I think what I found already would be enough. But this Anubismon reminds me of the one that served The Ring of the Ancients. I wonder what happened to them and to her after I imprisoned them?** Responding to her will the picture in the pool changed and showed her what she wanted to see. **All members of the Ring are still in their prison where I put them. And it seems someone has sealed Anubismon and her servants as well. A pity, really. If any member of the Ring was to free himself, I would not be as merciful as last time and destroy them myself. Oh, well, at least they are not a threat to me.**

Dellia continued to look at the pool's surface and the pictures that appeared one after another. Then the image of an angel appeared. **What is this? An Ophanimon? But not the Ophanimon that is one of the three Celestial Angels. This is another one. And she has quite a lot of servants too. I should keep my eyes on her, just in case.** She continued her work. The only thing that attracted her attention was NeoDevimon's egg. **Ah, so this is where it is now. Good. It won't be a problem to get it even in my weakened state, if I decide so.** She continued to look for a while longer. **I see the power of darkness has grown, but so has the power of light. The East sector looks quite well defended. The South one on the other hand seems to have been through great peril recently. Large parts of it have been devastated. I should find the one responsible and destroy him to make an example what happens to those who dare destroy any part at all from my Kingdom. But that can wait. Let's see if there's anything else of interest.**

Five minutes later she decided she had found a few more digimon that could eventually try to cause her trouble. She also found something that improved her mood a lot. **It seems the Council is but a shadow of what it once was. They have been nearly destroyed in my absence. How nice. Now I don't have to waste my time with them. But enough of this. I have wasted more than enough time here. I should be going. Nothing comes to those who stay and wait. I have work to do.**

After the last thought she was about to leave when the images of two people appeared in the pool. Something in them attracted her attention. **Those two… One of them looks like a human. I would swear she is one if couldn't sense that in truth she's a digimon. The other is a digimon, but I have never seen one like her before. Perhaps that "girl" created her. Those two are special. I can feel it. I should watch them closely. I can sense dark power within them. They may play an important role in the future.**

Dellia spent one more minute looking at the images shown by the pool to make sure nothing else will be of interest. Then she turned around, rose a few feet above the ground, and started flying towards the coastline. She got there right on time to see a Scorpiomon get out of the sea. The Ultimate saw her and headed straight for her. Obviously he intended to attack her. What had attracted him was unknown. It could have been her voice when after her revival she had spoken or it could have been something else. Either way the digimon obviously didn't have a single brain cell in his head or he would have stayed as far away from the island as possible. Dellia curved her hand into a fist and it started glowing with purple light. She flew at the digimon and hit him with her fist before he could react. The force of the strike threw Scorpiomon in the air and few feet away from her. Before the Ultimate got even half way on his trajectory it burst into data which she quickly loaded, restoring the energy she had wasted on him. **Stupid weak digimon. But his Twin Blade attack may prove useful until I restore all my power. You never know.**

With that finished she left in search for the rest of her power.


**********