Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Maiden of Light ❯ New Power ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own "Digimon" or the characters, used in this story. They belong to someone else (I don't know who and I don't really care), so don't sue.

I own only what I have created (which isn't much).



" " - speech
** ** - thoughts (if any)
< > - change in place and/or time
* * * * * * - prophecy
~ ~ - telepathy
`Zeon's words/thoughts'


**********


The Dark Maiden of Light

Chapter 5

New Power


**********


Make your choice, Alice, and accept your destiny.

Time to make a choice…


Alice needed only a few seconds to decide. And her decision was she would not give up and go back now even if she could. She had gone this far. She had done what had looked as impossible at the beginning. Now it was too late to change her decision. She would go to the end.

"Very well. I accept."

`Then touch me with your hand.' Told her the Zeon in a warm tone.

The blond girl reached forth and touched the white ball of light. The next moment she was engulfed by white light and the world around her disappeared. The last thing she felt was the ground starting to shake.


Outside Flamedramon was just about to enter the cave when the ground under his feet was shaken by an unknown force. It was like an earthquake, but lasted only seconds, then stopped as suddenly as it had begun.

"What was that?"


Alice opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that she seems to be higher and all alone. There was no sign of the Zeon. Then she noticed she feels… different… in a way she could not explain. She took a quick look at herself. She was dressed in a robe of some sort that left the upper part of her chest visible, revealing deathly pale skin. Her nails were long and black. She decided to continue looking at herself later, after she finds a big enough mirror (or a substitute for one). For now she decided to try talking to the Zeon. **Are you here?**

`Of course. Where else would I be?'

**And I have everything we agreed upon?**

`Yes, everything without exception.'

**Good. Because I have a battle to win.** She turned around and noticed her backpack lying down on the ground. It had fallen when the transformation had begun.

Lilithmon mode change too… human mode!

She turned back into Alice, then picked up her baggage and headed out.


Flamedramon remained on his place waiting to see if another quake will follow. After nothing happened for a while, he decided it's safe to enter the cave. Before he could however, the girl he had met earlier came out and stopped few meters in front of him.

"Ah, you're back. Why? Did the little ground shake scare you?"

"No, I came to see if there is any way to make you leave me alone."

"Tell me what I wanna know and I'll be gone before you know it."

"And why should I tell you anything at all?"

"Because otherwise you'll be in big trouble."

"Is that a threat? Because if it is, it is a hollow one. You are no threat to me, dragon."

"You seem very confident in yourself all of a sudden."

"I am, and why not?"

"Why not? I can crash you like a bug, that's why!" The dragon started growing angry.

"You can try. And I'm not going to stop you. After all, it is your funeral. If you're in such a hurry to get deleted, who am I to stop you?" The girl continued speaking in a calm voice.

The dragon narrowed his eyes and spoke in a menacing tone.

"You are insulting my patience and pushing your luck, girl."

"Oh, really? Well then, why don't you do something about it?" The girl sneered.

"You dare challenge me?" The warrior of fire could not believe it. Not even the most insane of all humans would provoke the wrath of a digimon when they are all alone. No one was that crazy. And yet, this girl was doing just that. "Do you wish to die or something?"

"No, but maybe you do, because you keep threatening me."

"I had enough of you, girl! Either you answer my questions right now, or I'll make you regret the day you were born!" Now he was really angry.

"Very well. Do your best." The girl in front of him remained calm as if there's nothing to worry about.

"Arrrght! This is it! I'm tired of trying to be nice with you. Fire Rocket!" His fists ignited on fire and several flaming missiles were thrown at the girl. **You shouldn't have angered me, girl.**


Alice watched the flaming missiles approach her. Her face didn't even flinch once. When the first rocket had nearly reached her, she sidestepped to the left, avoiding it effortlessly along with the next two. Then she moved again, this time to the right, then to the left again, dodging the rest of the balls of flame.

"Is that all?"

**What the…** The armor could not believe it at first. "Nice reactions. I'm impressed. Flame Fist!" He tried punching her, then kicking her, but all of his attacks missed.

**Wow. I never thought it would be so easy to dodge the attacks of another digimon.**

`That's because he's too far below your level. If he digivolves, you'll have to fight in one of your digimon forms.'

**Thanks for the warning.** "Are you finished already?"

"Finished? Ha! That was just the warm up." Flamedramon got in the air and moved a few meters away from the girl before stopping. "Fire Rocket!" The dragon was engulfed by red and yellow flames that grew larger until he was like a giant fireball. Then he launched himself at Alice. The blond girl watched the approach of the ball of flames without moving. **That thing must be at least two meters in diameter.**

`That thing might actually hurt you if you just stay and watch without doing anything.'

**I know.** The gothic girl simply crossed her hands in front of her face and braced for the impact. She didn't have to wait long.

Flamedramon crashed into Alice's crossed hands headfirst and the result was a huge explosion that engulfed everything within twenty meters radius in fire and flames. Dust and smoke hid the place where the two combatants had been. It all cleared after a minute, revealing a small crater twenty centimeters deep and five meters wide. In its center were Alice and Flamedramon. The vaccine was breathing heavily, obviously from exhaustion. The blond was standing the same way she was before the explosion. She uncrossed her hands and took a look at herself. Few small pieces of her dress had been ripped off, but except for that she was unharmed.

"No way! You can't be alive! Unless… Of course! You have found a Zeon! This is why all of a sudden you weren't afraid of me. This must also be the cause for the short earthquake. Excellent. A Zeon will be great help to us in the war."

"And how do you intend to take it?"

"Well, since you surely won't give it to me willingly I'll have to kill you."

Suddenly golden light surrounded the armor.

Flamedramon golden armor digivolution too… Magnamon!

When the light disappeared, Magnamon took Flamedramon's place.

"Aha. Fine, have it your way."

Alice was encased by white light.

Alice mode change too… Ultimate mode!

LadyDevimon took the girl's place.

"An Ultimate mode? Why would anyone want to be an Ultimate when they can be a Mega? Oh, well, all the better for me. Especially since I have the type advantage. Magna Blast!"

A dozen missiles were fired from under Magnamon's shoulder and thigh pads.

"Evil Wing!" LadyDevimon countered with a wave of fiery bats that intercepted all missiles and destroyed them before they could get even half way to the virus.

"Magna Blast!" This time the golden armor digimon fired gold beams from his shoulder, thigh, and shin pads instead of missiles. The virus managed to dodge them all, but few nearly hit her.

"Not bad. Not bad at all, girl."

"Thank you." She answered to his attack with red beams from her eyes. The warrior dodged them all with ease. Then her hand transformed into a lance and she tried to impale her opponent, but he caught the lance in his hand and tried to knee her in the stomach. The Ultimate blocked it with her knee, then tried doing the same using her other knee, but her attempt was blocked as well. After struggling for a while, the two pulled away from each other.

"I grow tired of this. Magna Explosion!" Magnamon's body illuminated a golden radiance that formed a large sphere around him. The sphere then started growing larger and moved in LadyDevimon's direction.

"Darkness Wave!" The virus tried to hold off the sphere with a wave of bats. The two attacks met and started struggling for power. At first they looked even, but after a few minutes Magnamon's attack started winning slowly.

**I'm losing. I wish I had a D-ark right now. A single power card would be enough to end this.**

Finally LadyDevimon gave up on trying to hold off the enemy and tried to dodge instead. She almost succeeded in avoiding the attack. The sphere still hurt her a little, but disappeared before the virus could be seriously hurt. Both combatants were tired from the fighting.

"Okay, enough games. I don't have all day."

Magnamon was surrounded by golden light again.

Magnamon crystal armor digivolution too…Imperialdramon!

When the light vanished, the much larger form of Imperialdramon was revealed. The virus noticed that he had gone directly to Fighter Mode. **What about Imperialdramon Dragon Mode? Did he skip it?**

`No, he didn't. An Armor Imperialdramon has only Fighter Mode. No Dragon or Paladin Mode.' Explained the Zeon.

**The last part is logical. After all, Imperialdramon can't digivolve to Paladin Mode without the help of Omnimon.**

`Or so people say. No one has seen an Imperialdramon PM in our world since… I don't know when.'

The whole conversation with the Zeon had taken only a few seconds. Now the virus redirected her attention to her opponent. He was waiting, probably resting to restore some of his energy.

"Well? Shall we continue? Or are you waiting for a special invitation?"

"…" LadyDevimon didn't say a word. Again she was encased by white light.

LadyDevimon mode change too… Mega mode!

Lilithmon smiled. "Hopefully you'll be more of a challenge than you were before."

"No need to worry." The ancient dragon wasted no more time. "Positron Laser!"

The viral Mega avoided the beam and returned fire. "Phantom Pain!"

Imperialdramon was surrounded by darkness and pain surged through his body, but he ignored it. He had taken worse than this in the past. "Splendor Blade!" A single strike was enough to rip apart the darkness. (A/N: I have no idea what this attack looks like, so I won't describe it. I found it on an old site, so it may not even be real.) As soon as he did this, he moved forward and tried to kick his opponent, but due to her smaller size she dodged it.

"Eden Lost!" Lilithmon threw a massive skull, brimming with black fire on the inside, towards her assailant, but he avoided it. The attack was a little bit too slow. **Darn! I never thought something so big could be that fast. But I have faster attacks than this one.**

"Darkness Spear!" The viral Mega threw a spear made of darkness at the dragon. It was fast enough to hit him in the left hand before he could evade it. Much to her surprise however the wound was completely ignored.

"Positron Laser!" Again he missed, but this time he was closer to hitting her. The attack was followed by three quick kicks, all of which almost found their mark.

"Eden Lost!" Due to the small distance between the two the dragon could do nothing but take the attack dead on. The skull exploded upon impact, pushing him a little back. The vaccine growled from pain and anger.

"Phantom Pain!" As soon as the darkness surrounded Imperialdramon Lilithmon launched her next attack. "Eden Lost!" the attack hit the dragon in the head just when he used another Splendor Blade to free himself. "Darkness Spear!" This time the spear hit him in the chest, causing a lot more damage than the previous.

Lilithmon took a deep breath. She felt tired. **Looks like I spent too much energy in this battle. I better end it quickly.**

"Positron Laser!" Imperialdramon fired another purplish spiral laser beam from his cannon. The viral Mega dodged it and surprised her opponent with a melee attack. "Nazar Nail!" She hit the dragon in the head and one of the nails on her right hand pierced his left eye. He let out a roar filled with anger and pain. "Eden Lost!" One more skull and the battle ended, the Mega emerging victorious. Without thinking, just following her instinct, she loaded the data that remained. It restored her lost energy.

Neither of the two combatants ever noticed the digimon watching them from above.

`Congratulations, my dear. Looks like from all the digimon in our world you chose one of the strongest for your first opponent.'

**What makes you so sure he's one of the strongest?**

`Most digimon, regardless of their level, would not ignore your Darkness Spear attack as if it was a flea bite. Which means this one was stronger than most.'

**Great. Me and my luck. Well, at least he was alone. If all his friends are like him, I'd hate to meet them.**

After that the demon empress reverted back to her human form and picked up her backpack, which she had left at the entrance of the cave. Se noticed her dress was as good as new. There was no sign that any part at all had been previously ripped off. It would probably be a strange sight to see a Lilithmon carrying a backpack in her hands, but she couldn't be sure she would not need the things she had taken, so leaving it here was out of the question.

Alice turned back into her Mega mode and got in the air. Since she couldn't tell where is north, she chose a direction at random and followed it.

Few minutes later she noticed a data storm to her left. It changed its direction and headed towards her. **Funny. It is as if the data storm is following me.**

`It is. Remind me to tell you why. Now fly faster. If it reaches you, there is no telling in which part of the world we'll end.' Lilithmon did as told and soon the data storm changed its direction again, abandoning the chase. After that nothing happened for a while.


Few hours later she saw a small lake not far ahead and a little to the left. An hour ago the land had turned into grassland. Lilithmon decided to stop at the lake and take a good look at her new self at last.


Ten minutes later Lilithmon landed near the lake. A few water digimon she did not see very well submerged immediately in fear of her. This caused a few small waves to appear on the lake's surface, but vanished quickly and soon the water was calm again. It was also clear enough to act as a mirror.

Lilithmon took a long look at her reflection. She was dressed in a robe of some sort. The robe was purple in color, but the upper most part was black. The upper part of her chest was left visible, revealing nearly deathly pale skin. She had human hands. Her nails were long, black, and looked quite sharp. Her sleeves were very long and reached to the ground when holding her hands down next to her body. They were almost completely hiding her hands. She was wearing high leather boots that reached to over the knees. The boots were open on the front, leaving the nails on her feet visible. On her back she had small black bat-like wings and four tentacles, all four with sharp ends and reaching to the ground. The upper two were a bit larger than the lower two. She discovered she could control all of them freely. Her head could be seen. Her face was like the face of any human, only paler. She noticed her eyes could change color from purple to black and back. On her forehead she had a small diadem of some sort. It was black in color. Her hair was black, long and straight. It reached ten centimeters below her shoulders and there was something in it. Overall Lilithmon looked really beautiful. (A/N: The description is based on three (two of them almost the same) pictures I have seen, combined with a little bit of creativity added by me (mainly about her haircut). If I find I have made any mistakes while describing Lilithmon, I will correct them… eventually. The same goes for missed details.)

The reflection clearly showed her what Beelzemon had meant with "You sure are pretty. And big where a girl should be." It was the only thing she hadn't quite understood back in her dream.

**Wow. I look better than on the cards.**

`If you are done looking at your precious reflection, could we please go? There is a data storm approaching us from behind.'

The viral Mega turned around and saw that there really is a data storm approaching. Without further delay she continued on her way.

 

<An hour later>

 

Lilithmon was flying at high speed forward towards the horizon. Right now she was above a small river. She had seen a lot of different digimon for the past hour, but none was stupid enough to attack her. She noticed a small wooden bridge not far ahead. Much to her surprise there was someone standing in the middle of it. It was a humanoid figure, dressed in a white robe, with the hood hiding his (or her, it was impossible to tell) face. The figure was looking at her. When he was sure she had seen him, he signaled her that he wants to talk to her.

**I wonder who that is? It looks like a human, but what would a human be doing here? Well, I guess it won't hurt to ask.**

The Mega slowed down and landed on the bridge to the robed figure's right. He turned to face her.

"Welcome to our world, Alice. I am Kynai. It's so nice to finally meet you." The voice that came from under the hood was deep and without a doubt was the voice of a man.

The demon woman looked at the man before her with surprised expression.

"How do you know my name?"

"We know a lot about you, Alice."

"We? You and…?"

"Me and the other members of the Council… what's left of it anyway. We are but a shadow of what we have been once."

"The Council? What's that?"

"The explanation will take time, and that isn't something we have. There is no telling when will the next data storm appear. We should go, now."

"Go? Wait a second, I just met you! You can't seriously expect me to follow you only because you want so!"

"I can understand your distrust. But I assure you I am as trustworthy as your dead friend Dobermon was. I apologize if I'm bringing back a memory that is still too painful."

"How do you know about me and Dobermon on the first place?"

"We've been watching you for years. Ever since you were sick as a little girl. In fact, the reason for your illness is also the reason we started watching you. I know what the doctors said, but they were wrong."

"If that is so, what was the real reason?"

"This is not place nor the time to explain. We must go as I already said."

"Yes, you said that. What you still haven't told me is why should I trust you?"

"Two reasons. First, you don't have a choice. We know how you managed to open the portal and come here, but you don't and even if you did, you are lost. You can't go back without our help. Second, we serve the fifth Sovereign, Huanglongmon. Don't you think one of the Sovereigns is trustworthy?"

"No, I don't. After all, he didn't help in the battle against D-reaper, did he? And you could be lying about knowing how I came here. But, as much as I hate to admit it, you are right about me not having any choice. Very well, I will come with you. But don't expect me to trust you."

"Of course. Did I mention we can give you a D-ark?"

"No."

"I knew I forgot something. But enough talk. Let us go while we can."

"Lead the way."

The man, Kynai, left, followed by the dark beauty.


**********


Any comments and suggestions are welcome.

The next two chapters are going to be peaceful, no fighting at all. Instead they will explain a few things, like for example why there are five sectors instead of one or why Megidramon didn't crash Beelzemon like a bug.

One more thing: Does any of you know what the picture on Ophanimon's shield looks like? It is something like a unicorn with his horn coming out from the shield, but on all pictures I have seen at most half of the picture is visible, so I can't tell for sure. If you know, please tell me.