Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ The Return of Masked Rider: Part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE ONE
 
(Part one)
 
It had been well over ten years since the evil Count Dregon and his minions had been put out of action. Prince Dex, also known as The Masked Rider of the planet Edenoi was responsible for putting his dastardly uncle out of power.
 
For years, he had lived with his adopted Earth family, the Stewarts, and grew to be a fine young-man, and also… er… learned more about how the Earth functioned and how not to overdo it with his… genius mind.
 
Dex however was much older now, considered to be in his late twenties. He and his companion, Ferbus had returned to Edenoi to begin repopulating their world back to its former glory, before Dregon had attacked and enslaved it.
 
Lexian, Dex's loving grandfather was pleased to have his grandson back, but he had warned Dex long ago. “You must be warned, Dex. Dregon was never truly defeated.”
 
“But Grandfather…” said Dex, “I had seen it with my own eyes. Count Dregon's Spider-base and all that he had assembled had been completely destroyed.”
 
Little Ferbus waved his little arms cooing, “Dex, gummy go-go. Dex, gummy go-go.” He was attempting to say that Dex was right. Lexian agreed too, “You must not let that fool you. Dregon is very much alive, I can feel it… and there may come a day when he will return to power.”
 
This sent shivers up Dex's spine. “I pray to the stars that such a day will not occur.”
 
 
Meanwhile, on Earth…
 
In Obadia, Japan. A typical Monday morning, ad time for another day at school. Sixteen year-old Davis Motomiya, the leader of the Digi Destined, a boy who's courage and strength in the face of outstanding odds that could not be denied…
 
…was walking to school groggily.
 
Yolei and Ken were walking with him, “What's the matter, Davis?” Ken asked. “You look like you hardly got any sleep.”
 
Davis groaned softly, “You think…? I was up all night cramming for that physics test today, and quite frankly I don't see what the point is.”
 
Yolei rolled her eyes, “Davis, you realize if you don't get your grades up that'll limit your choice in career options.”
 
Davis just snuffed, “I doubt wanting to open a Noodle-Cart and be a rich entrepreneur requires that much of physics.” but he said it to himself.
 
 
At school, Davis fell asleep in class, and during the test. The teacher flicked a rubber at him. “Are you awake now, Mr. Motomiya?” he asked with a straight face.
 
Davis just yawned, “Sorry, sir…”
 
The teacher sighed, “Never mind… you can write the test after school-- as usual.”
 
Some f the students laughed at him. Davis Motomiya, the mayor of detention city. Davis thought this was silly. “I've faced-off against horrifying scary monsters, defeated most of them single handed with Veemon, if it weren't for my courage and unwilling to give up the world would've been destroyed long ago… and I can't stay awake in school!” He thought to himself.
 
He turned his head towards the door, and saw Cassie, who was on the cheerleader squad. She gazed back at Davis and waved at him. Davis smiled nervously and waved back at him.
 
Cassie was a girl who was beginning to show likeness in Davis ever since she found out about his heroics in saving the world from Maylo-Myotismon. Only Davis just judged that she just had a silly school-girl crush on him. It would never happen…
 
Besides, there was only one girl who he preferred, and Davis roughly got to spend some quality time with her after school…
 
That's right, it was Kari. She had volunteered to wash blackboards in the entire school that day, and she stopped in the detention room while Davis was writing his test. “Some things just never change with you, Davis.” she said playfully to him.
 
“Hmm… I guess not.” Davis complimented back.
 
Kari smiled at him, and then continued to wash the board. Davis really liked it when she smiled at him, he took as signs that she was starting to actually like him. His crush on her had devolved over the years, and it was staring to feel much like the real thing.
 
But… who was he kidding? He knew that was another thing that wouldn't happen. Kari was well liked by a lot of other boys in the school, and she already went on a couple of dates.
 
She even had recently broken up with TK. They had dated for a few months but realized they would be better off as just friends. It wasn't working out. TK had a new girlfriend of his own, a blonde girl named Mina, who was also on the cheerleader-squad.
 
Still, Davis figured it best not to show Kari his blossomed feelings for her to himself. She had a lot going on, with school, her gymnast-class after school, and things like that.
 
He finished his test, and headed down the hall. He grabbed a soda from the pop-machine, but had barley raised it to his lips when he turned a corner and was confronted by the school bully. Ryuji, a big star on the school's football team, but also pompous and buffoonish...
 
Ryuji flipped Davis' hands and made him spill his soda all across his school-blazer. Some of the people in the hall laughed at him, and Ryuji mocked him with the usual, “What's the matter Motomiya? Leave your bib at home with your mommy?” he and Yuki laughed like hyenas, but Davis wasn't at all impressed.
 
“Piss off, Ryuji.” he grunted.
 
The entire hall went silent, “What did you just say…?”
 
“I said… Piss off, Ryuji.” replied Davis, “Can't you find anything better to do that pick on others just to feel good about yourself?”
 
Ryuji was growing angry, and rolled up his sleeves, “Yeah… I can do something, all right! I can wipe that ugly mug off your face.” He snarled. Davis stood ready to fight, but TK came round the corner, “Hey, hey… guys cut it out.” he said. “Davis, he's not worth the time, just walk away.”
 
Davis gritted his teeth, and then turned on his heel and walked the other way, “Hey!” Ryuji yelled, “Get back here! What you chicken, you need someone to fight your battles for you?”
 
Davis ignored him all the way, but he was still pretty mad. “I didn't need your help, you know. I could've taken him on.” he said to TK.
 
“Davis, don't be silly. He's half your size bigger than you are. You'd get hurt.”
 
Davis felt insulted, “What, you don't think I'd be able to handle it? Even though I faced monsters hundred-times bigger than that?”
 
TK's features hardened, “Hey, I was just trying to help you, but you know what, if you want to get hurt next time, then fine. See if I care.”
 
Davis growled fiercely at TK, and flexed his fists. “Hey! Cut it out, you-two.” Kari snapped as she came out of another room, “You're both acting like Tai and Matt.”
 
TK realized Kari was right, and he was willing to apologize for blowing his top, but Davis was already at the other end of the hall, in a huff. “Who does he think he is?” he muttered to himself.
 
As he made it to his locker, Cassie came out from behind the corner, “Hi, Davey.” She cooed. Davis blushed a little, “Uh… hey…! Uh… something on your mind.”
 
Cassie giggled, and said, “Just thought I'd let you know, I'll be cheering extra loud for you at the big soccer-game tomorrow, as a thank you for helping me study.”
 
“Really?” Davis asked, “Wait as minute. What do you mean helped you study? You're the one who helped me.”
 
Cassie giggled, “Yeah… but I always study better when I'm with someone… someone like you.” She winked at him and then spun round on her heel, her long brown hair gently brushed across his face, “See ya at the game, hotshot.”
 
Davis gulped hard, “Uh… bye.” He stuttered, “Dude… what was that all about?”
 
Kari and TK saw the whole thing from down the hall. “Did you see that…?” Kari asked. “Was, she was actually flirting with him?”
 
TK senses a slight hinder of jealousy in Kari's voice, but before he could answer, Mina came from behind and wrapped her arms around him, “Hey, Boo.” she flirted.
 
TK smiled at his girlfriend, “Hey to you Babe.” And they walked off arm-in-arm, leaving Kari all alone. Her mind still focused on what she saw between Davis and Cassie.
 
She never wanted anyone to know this, but… she really had begun to sprout feelings for Davis-- Ever since seventh grade, after the battle with Maylo-Myotismon, the way Davis pulled through, being immune to illusion-waves with his desire to defeat the evil, and helping everyone to believe in their goals and dreams, like hers to become a preschool teacher.
 
Davis really reminded her of her brother Tai. Not always the brightest, but none would veer be more brave, strong, and graceful, and even a little obnoxious to make her laugh. She had no crush on him-- It was the real thing.
 
Only… she wasn't sure if she could ever tell him, or he was even interested in her anymore. Especially with Cassie in the way.
 
 
In the Digital-World…
 
On top of a stormy mountain, a giant castle, in the shape of an evil creature, sort of a bird and spider, just stood there surrounded by Dark skies, roaring with thunder and lightning.
 
Inside, it looked very much like a giant laboratory, or the control-room of an old spaceship. Two large doors opened wide, and in floated a hovering-droid called Fact. She was followed by a strong man wearing thick armor, and a golden mask.
 
“All hail, the lord of evil! Fact chirped, “Count Dregon has entered the bridge.”
 
The Count tapped his scepter in his hand in a threatening manor. “My henchmen. Present yourselves!” he ordered.
 
Four other creatures approached the count and bowed on their knees. “Double-Face, at your service sire.”
 
“Cyclopter, ready to heed Your Majesty.”
 
“Nefaria, and your wish is my command, Count.”
 
“I am the minion known as Gork to you…
…Speaking in rhyme is what I do.”
 
Dregon seemed very serious at the sight of them all. “My wicked plans for the new conquest of Earth is ready to begin.” he hissed.
 
“Excellent Sire. Tell us.” said Double-Face.
 
Dregon went on explaining how he never once forgot how his nephew, Prince Dex, nearly destroyed him. For many long years he had been regaining his strength and devising new alternatives to conquer the Earth.
 
This lead him to discovering the Digital-World, where of which he could capture bits of lost information and DNA from destroyed creatures, preferable insect-types, and create horrifying new monsters to do his bidding made form the digital-information and bits of his own Insectivores.
 
Gork found this to be impressing. “Such an impressive and wondrous task…
…but what of Masked Rider, if I may ask?”
 
Dregon sniggered. “I have nothing to fear of that.” he said. “For my newest creatures possess newer strengths that not even an army of insectivores could combat.”
 
The minions began to like this new plot more, and more. “With all this power, Sire. There will nothing that can stop you from conquering the Earth, and the Digital-World.”
 
Dregon nodded, and then went over his selection of newly constructed creatures. “Now… which Digimon shall be the first to be unleashed?” he pondered. “Ah, yes… The Butterflytron shall do me well. I will dispatch a Butterfly that can take on the forum of a warrior.”
 
He grabbed the small container and placed on a round disk. “Fact… enter the proper coordinates for my creatures teleportation.”
 
Fact hovered and buzzed about, “Database has coordinated the location. Obadia Japan.”
 
Then in a FLASH, the container had vanished, whizzing through space, and dimensions. Then appearing in the Obadia park, as an ordinary butterfly which changed into a fierce creature, and began to scare the people in the park out of their minds.
 
“Gah, ha, ha, har…! I am the Buterflytron, and my loyalties are to Count Dregon. Surrender, Earthlings or feel the wrath of my SCALES OF THE SHINING BOLTS!” She flapped her wings vigorously which fired strong bolts of lightning, causing massive explosions.
 
“Hoo, hoo, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
 
Kari and TK met up with Yolei and Ken, and they all decided to go visit Cody. They didn't get to see him as much since he wasn't in high-school yet, but they still saw each other after hours, and on weekends.
 
Surprisingly though, as they started on their way, he was dashing up to them. He looked as if he were running for a matter of life or death “Cody?” asked TK, “What's the matter?”
 
Cody explained he was on his way home from school, when he passed by the park. “There's a huge creature attacking… its like nothing I've ever seen before.”
 
The others became shocked, and they decided to see for themselves. “I'll email Davis.” Kari said.
 
 
On Edenoi, Dex and his Grandfather began to sense horrible danger occurring on Earth. “It is just as I had feared.” cried Lexian, “It would appear that Count Dregon has emerged, and is continuing his assault on the Earth.”
 
Dex could see the monster, but it was unlike anything he had ever known Dregon to create before. “Grandfather… what if I am unable to defeat it?” he asked.
 
Lexian stared at his grandson telling him, “You must be prepared Dex. If there is no alternative to Dregon's new monsters, you know what you must do.”
 
Dex realized what his grandfather meant, and then prepared himself to be teleported back to Earth to begin the new battles.
 
 
Davis had received Kari's email.
 
And he and Veemon were off. “Gee… you think after sho long, that evil Digimon would learn by now.” Veemon said.
 
“Well… I guess we'll just have to teach `em then.” Davis said, “You ready?”
 
Veemon nodded, and that's when Davis pulled out his D3.
 
“VEEMON, Digivolve to;”
 
EX-VEEMON!”
 
Now they were able to fly on ahead to the park. Davis just hoped things wouldn't be so bad, because Kari warned him in her email that she and the others didn't have their Digimon with them. He and Ex-Veemon would basically be the only fighting edge.
 
However, upon their arriving in the park. “What the heck is that thing…?” Davis wondered.
 
It looked like a Butterflymon, but it was taller, skinner, and looked more vile than ever. Even the Digimon Analyzer could sense nothing, as this creature was not classified as an ordinary Digimon. “Let's go down and take a closer look.” Ex-Veemon suggested.
 
Davis agreed, but as they flew down closer, “Who…?”
 
Another mysterious creature appeared out of nowhere. A giant human-bug, was it? Something like out of a Power Ranger series Davis saw on TV.
 
 
Butterflytorn peered at the creature. “And what do we have here.” she hissed.
 
The creature stood proud and tall. “Hear me! In the name of the planet Edenoi, I will never allow Count Dregon to regain power, and enslave the innocent.” he shouted. “For I am… the Masked Rider!”
 
Butterflytron wasn't amused. “Masked Rider? Hah… bring it on, bug-boy. Let's see what you've got.”
 
A fierce battle had begun between the bug-man and Butterflytron, much to Davis and Ex-Veemon's amazement. The bug-man performed heavy-duty martial-arts moves, and even pulled a glowing-sword out from his belt, “ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
However, nothing he seemed to be doing was able to do no more than scratch Butterflytron. “Ha, ha, ha… you've had your fun, now it's my turn.”
 
The bug-man stood there, and was suddenly bombarded by Butterflytron's, “SCALES OF THE SHINING BOLTS!” Sparks and small explosions hit the bug-man from all ends and knocked him off his feet. When the smoke cleared, he just lay there and looked badly hurt.
 
“It's not use…” he cried, “My powers are not strong enough.”
 
Butterflytron was beside herself with snickers, “Heh, heh, heh… you bet they aren't.” She slowly began to pace towards the defenseless fighter. “Such a shame, I was hoping for a better challenge, but either way…” she stood ready to strike.
 
“Hold it!” called a voice from above.
 
“Huh…?” Butterflymon turned round, and saw Davis and Ex-Veemon land near her. “I don't know who you are…” Davis snapped, “But leave that guy alone and go back where you came from!”
 
Butterflytron just laughed. “Ha, ha, ha…! You threaten me? That is so funny I could almost believe you.” She held out her claws, “SWEET HONEY STRAW!” and sent a bombardment of honey-balls directly at the boys.
 
“Look out!” Davis cried as he rolled, and Ex-Veemon leapt out of the way. “VEE-LASER!”
 
KAPOW! The attack had hit, and managed to knock Butterflymon off her feet. “GRR! Oh yeah… try this…!” and she flew into the air and launched more honey-balls from above. Ex-Veemon got stuck. “Davis… I can't move!” he cried.
 
Davis realized this wasn't good. With Ex-Veemon tied up, the others, and their Digimon nowhere in sight, and the bug-man still down. “Aw man… what am I going to do?”
 
To Be Continued
 
Will Davis find a way to protect himself and his friend…?
 
Is the end of Prince Dex's powers?
 
Has Dregon finally proven himself to be stronger than anything?
 
Will the others arrive on time, and what will they find?
 
All this and many more revealed on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!