Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Orb ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]


Prologue


Something told Yuuta that he was lost.
It might have been a dumb thing to ask for several reasons. First, there was nobody there. Second, even if there was, they wouldn't be able to figure out neither. Lastly, what's there to describe in a open desert except sand? There was nothing that lived there. Even scorpions, which he heard to live in a desert. Just sand. Nothing else.
He was lost. In fact, he didn't even know how he got lost. A blink of an eye and whoosh-he was somewhere he'd decide not to call his living room. He was more than dumbstruck. He didn't know where he was, nor how he got there all the way from his house before he could even blink. There were no directions, no person to ask, and no idea of how far away from home he was. He'd been walking around for probably hours, and then he decided he stopped. He couldn't walk anymore with his feet, which were tired out than ever. And even if he could, he was tremendously sick of it.
He sat down on the sizzling sands of the desert. He was sweating like a waterfall. He opened his eyes and hoped to find something that would somehow get him out of it. No, there was nothing. He couldn't just sit down and hope for a miracle to befall upon him. He had to do something.
Fortunately, his legs were unwilling to.
He forced himself to stand up. Then he looked around again. Nothing. Nothing that would save him, nothing that would inform him where he were-nothing that lived.
The thought that he's the only thing living in the wide-open desert froze him down his back momentarily. What could live here, anyways? There was no water, nor food, nor a shelter. Even a cactus would dry out in here, thought Yuuta, realizing that he was dying of thirst. He was nearly seeing things. But he didn't mind, for he was already aware of things called 'mirage'. He needed water, not an illusion. He sighed, realizing again that there isn't any way to find water in a desert for the possible exception of-
An oasis!
Yuuta saw it. It was an oasis, which he had been also heard of to be in a desert. It wasn't a mirage this time; it was clear. So clear that he could see it through his eyes squinted. He stood up, bursting energy he hadn't even imagined of. Then he ran. Oh, how he ran. Every step he took the image got clear. Yes, it was not an illusion. Cool, fresh water it was! Gasping in thirst, he jumped into the pool. Coolness surrounded him, washing off his sweat. Sand definitely didn't feel like this.
He pulled his head out of the water and drank, as water slid down his neck. He'd never been so happy to see water. May blessing befall upon all oasis, he thought. He was experiencing a demo version of heaven.
So unfortunate the 'demo version of heaven' was irritated by a cold hand, reaching for his neck.