Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Rexmon Saga ❯ The Story Behind Rexmon ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Faith: So... hope you like the story guys... yeah... flame me if you hate it and pump up my non-existent ego if you hate it...

R+R! R+R! R+R! R+R! R+R!

Disclaimer: I own nothing. My money is all in my bank account for college. My parents own the food I eat. I am poorer than a third world country and I certainly don't own Digimon.

+-+-+-+-+

Episode 1: The Story Behind Rexmon

+-+-+-+-+

The eight children walked up the hill, accompanied by their friends, the digimon. Tai, the group's leader, was in front with his digimon friend, Agumon. Kari, Tai's little sister, walked beside him with Gatomon following close behind. Gatomon was a strange digimon in the fact that she originally was one of Myotismon's minions. Tai was still not sure what to make of how the feline Digimon had ended up changing sides, but he was suspicious it just had something to do with destiny. Following closely behind Tai and Kari, was Matt, and her little cousin TK, and their two Digimon, Gabumon and Patamon. After them were Joe and Bukamon. Everyone knew Bukamon, as Gomamon, but in their last battle with Myotismon, he had finally been able to reach his ultimate form, Zudomon, and as with the others that had reached that level, he had devolved back to the form that he was in when they first met. Next in line, was Kakeru, and his Digimon partner Biyomon , followed by Izzy and Tentomon, and finally, Brittany and Palmon brought up the rear. They were all headed for Gennai's underwater home.

The reason for this visit was simple enough, or so Izzy had told Everyone. They would visit Gennai, and find out more information on Kari's crest, and Gatomon's champion form, as well as, hopefully, to get any information on the new evil Digimon, that they would have to face next. Reasoning, that the others had agreed with. As they approached the lake the Gennai's house set at the bottom of, the water parted, revealing a set steps, that led further down into the lake. An elderly man stood on a foot bridge near to the steps, and as he watched the kids and Digimon approach him, he smiled, and walked over to great them. "I have been waiting for you to arrive." Gennai told them, as they stepped onto the ground, "we have much to discuss." So he led them into his house.

+-+-+-+-+

Demidevimon was accustomed to following Myotismon's orders, but now that he was gone, that meant that he was now in charge. But just as Demidevimon was getting comfortable in his new throne, a nasty looking Digimon entered the room, and just looked at him. Demidevimon began to tremble in terror, as he recognized this Digimon, "Raptormon", was all that Demidevimon could say. As Raptormon approached the throne, the smaller Digimon flapped its wings, and got out of it's way. Raptormon, sat down in the throne, and smiled a toothy grin, showing off his razor sharp fangs.

"Hear this," Raptormon began, "I am now in charge around here," he paused for a moment, "and my first order of business, is to destroy the digidestined."

In true cowardly form, Demidevimon landed in front of the throne, and bowed, "It will be done master." He paused for a moment, "And how will we do this?"

Raptormon just through his head back, and laughed, "By taking out the weakest link in their group. Isn't that right Ogermon?"

Demidevimon looked behind him, and saw a large green Digimon with a equally large head come out of the shadows, "Yes, I totally agree with you." And both Digimon began to laugh.

+-+-+-+-+

"I have a surprise for you," Gennai told the kids, after they entered the house.

"What kind of surprise," TK asked a bit eager to find out what it was.

"You will see soon enough" Gennai answered them, as they entered the library. In the library, stood a large yellow Digimon, with a small sword hanging from the back of its belt.

Agumon was the first to speak up, "Leomon", and the Digimon turned around, to face them. Sure enough, it was Leomon, the leader of the good Digimon on Vile Island, where the kids first arrived in the Digiworld.

Leomon smiled at the group, "It is good to see all of you again."

"Why are you hear Leomon?" Tai asked eagerly.

Before Leomon could say anything, Gennai spoke up, "There is time for that in a little bit, right now, I have some food ready for you all, if I can get some help to serve it."

Kakeru, Matt, and Kari volunteered help, and soon Everyone was eating. Tai swallowed down a chunk of fish, and then asked Leomon why he had come here again. Leomon put his food back down on his plate, and began to tell his story, "Well, to begin, after you had left Vile Island, things started to return to normal. Digimon no longer had to fear the black gears, or Devimon. We then began to hear about your adventures hear on Sever, how you had defeated Etemon, and got each of your crests and tags." Leomon paused for a moment, "We also heard about the appearance of Metalgreymon, Weregarurumon, Megakabuterimon, and Garudamon. It was also at that time that strange things began to happen on the Island. It was right after we heard about Birdramon's digivolve to Garudamon, that we found out that there was a new evil Digimon on Vile Island, named Raptormon. However, we were to late in finding out this information, because Raptormon had formed an alliance with Ogermon, who had taken Devimon's place as the leader of the bad Digimon of the island."

Matt broke in, "Not exactly the wisest of choices." Everyone had a laugh over that comment, and Leomon continued his story.

"Don't underestimate Ogermon, he is more of a leader than you think." Leomon paused for a moment, and then continued, "It was a short time later, that things started to get quiet on the island. It was only when Whamon stopped by the island, that we found out that Raptormon and Ogermon had left the island for Server, in search of you kids. I quickly settled affairs on Vile, and Whamon gave me a ride here. When I arrived, I was contacted by Gennai, and given directions on how to get here. When I arrived, he told me that you had gone back to your world, in search of a eighth digidestined. So I waited here for your return."

After Leomon finished his story and dinner was over, Everyone filled back into Gennai's library. "Just how dangerous is Raptormon?" Izzy asked, in his usual trying to figure everything out manner.

Gennai spoke up, "Even though Raptormon has not reached full digi-evolution, he is still very dangerous."

Leomon then spoke up, "But I have heard rumors, that Raptormon may reach his full evolution in only a matter of days."

"That's bad," Kakeru said.

"Well, how bad can it be?" Joe asked.

Gennai climbed up a ladder, and pulled an old book off of it, and then jumped down to the floor. He then flipped through it, and stopped on a certain page. He then placed the book down on the table. "Just take a look for yourselves." Everyone gathered around the book, and gasped in unison. On the page, was a huge Digimon that sort of looked like a dinosaur, with clothes on.

"That's it," said Tai, "Greymon could beat him, no problem." Everyone sighed, and looked away from Tai, except for Kari, who was still new to the group, and Gatomon, who didn't know any better.

Leomon spoke up, "Do not underestimate Raptormon, he is far more powerful than you think that he is."

Brittany then yawned, "Can we talk about this in the morning, I need to get my beauty sleep." Everyone looked at Brittany, and soon enough, TK started up and then Kari.

"That might be a good idea," Gennai began, "You will all need your sleep."

"Why?" Kari asked, as she tried to cuddle up to Tai.

"Because, tomorrow we return to Myotismon's castle, and try to find out what Raptormon is up to."

+-+-+-+-+

Raptormon stood on the balcony, and looked out over the land. Soon, he thought, I will be rid of those digidestined kids, and their digimon.

Ogermon stepped up behind him, "Master Raptormon, all is ready for tomorrow."

"Well done Ogermon," Raptormon said, without turning around. "Demidevimon!" He then shouted.

The small winged digimon flew down, and landed on the rail of the balcony. "Yes Master, what can I do for you?"

Raptormon smiled evilly, "In the morning, I want you to lead an attack, on that fool Gennai's home, and then when those annoying kids emerge have your troop fall back, and await my arrival."

Demidevimon nodded, "I will do as you ask Master." And as the small digimon flew off to make ready his plans, Raptormon smile grew more sinister.

+-+-+-+-+

The scene was very familiar, as the eight digidestined, and their digimon sat around the table, that housed their breakfast. The only change, was that Leomon, was also sitting at the table, eating a freshly caught fish. They were all about done with their meal, when Gennai walked in. "Good morning," Gennai said to the group, and they all recognized him. Gennai then continued, "Leomon and I were talking last night, after all of you went to sleep, and we figure, that an assault on Myotismons castle, is the only way for us to stop Raptormon before he establishes his place as the new leader of the evil digimon." A map slid down from the ceiling, in front of the door that Gennai came in from. The image on the map changed, and showed Myotismons castle. "Now this," Gennai began, pointing at the map, "is the entrance that you took to enter the castle the last time that you were there." pausing Gennai cleared his throat, "Now, you will not be able to reenter through it." The image then changed, "But you should be able to enter into another secret entrance on the other side of the castle."

Leomon then stood up, "It is a small opening, that I found on a scouting trip there before you arrived," Leomon paused for a moment, then continued, "and I have returned several times since, to open it more. It should be big enough for all of us to fit through at this time."

"Excuse me," Joe said, caution in his voice, "If you found this passage, then isn't there a chance that Raptormon has found it as well?"

Leomon nodded, "I took the necessary precautions, but there is still a chance that they have found it." Leomon paused, "I know that you are all worried about what will happen on this mission, but I assure you, that it is for the greater cause, not just for my world, but for your world as well. That is why, I am not going to make any of you come with me on this mission, I only ask for volunteers."

Each of the kids looked at their digimon. "I don't know about the rest of you," Tai said, "But Agumon and I are in."

"I may be a girl but I can fight as well as you! Gabumon and I are coming." Matt added.

"Tentomon and I are with you as well." Izzy put in.

"You'll need somebody to watch your backs, so Bukamon and I are in." Joe recited.

"You can't leave Biyomon and I behind." Kakeru voiced.

"How about it Patamon?" TK asked.

"Just try and stop me TK."

Kari looked at Gatomon, and she spoke up, "We're in."

"Well, since the rest of you are going, then I guess that Palmon and I had better go to." Brittany finished.

Leomon and Gennai smiled, and "Then get ready to go, we will leave as soon as we can."

+-+-+-+-+

Demidevimon hated this job. He was about ready to take over, when Raptormon and Ogermon showed up, and now he was back in the same boat that he was in before they had left for the human world. But at least, he could finally have his revenge against that traitor Gatomon. Suddenly, there was a rupture in the water, and out of it walked a huge digimon, and then the digidestined kids. He then turned to his army, "Get ready to attack", but before he could get out another word, he was trampled down by a stampede of digimon on the attack.

+-+-+-+-+

Before anyone knew what was happening, Leomon had pulled his sword out, and jumped up to strike at something. Tai was the first one to see what was happening, and yelled to the others, "Gazimon, and Nanomon are here, get ready for action." And with that, all of the digimon jumped up to the bank.

"Time to digivolve Everyone." Agumon told Everyone, and they all nodded in agreement. "Agumon digivolve to………..Greymon."

"Gabumon digivolve to………..Garurumon."

"Biyomon digivolve to………..Birdramon"

"Tentomon digivolve to………..Kabuterimon"

"Palmon digivolve to………..Togemon"

"Bukamon digivolve to………..Gomamon"

The Gazimon and Nanomon quickly ran away, when they saw the champion digimon standing behind Leomon, except for one Gazimon, who fired an electric bolt at the sky, in an attempt to hit Birdramon and Kabuterimon, only to miss them, and hit another flying digimon, who fell hard to the ground.

Kakeru quickly ran over to the fallen digimon, to see if it hurt. Izzy was right behind him, his laptop out, running his analyzer program. By the time he had found the digimon on his computer, the rest of the group had arrived.

"Who is he Izzy?" Tai asked.

"Give me a nano." A moment passed before Izzy spoke again, "His name is Pyromon, he is a Data type digimon, his attack is Fire Breath." Izzy took a breath to continue his briefing, when they heard evil laughter behind them. Everyone quickly turned around, and saw that Ogermon, and another digimon, who Everyone knew had to be Raptormon, was standing in front of them.

Raptormon looked at them evilly, "So you are the digidestined, I am not impressed."

"Well, you will be when we are finished with you." Tai yelled.

"Nova Blast" Greymon shouted, as a huge fireball came out of his mouth right for Raptormon, and hit it's target.

"Howling Blaster" Garurumon followed.

"Meteor Wing" cawed Birdramon.

"Electro Shocker" Kabuterimon continued.

"How about my Needle Spray!" Togemon puffed.

"Fist of the Beast King" Leomon finished.

They all waited for the smoke to clear, only to find that their attack had done no good, and both digimon where untouched. "Was that the best that you had?" Raptormon said, a hint of amusement in his voice, "Now try my attack, Sonic Blast" Raptormon opened his mouth, and wave emerged, knocking all of the digimon back, and returning them to there smaller rookie forms. Each of the kids ran their fallen friends.

"Agumon, are you ok?"

"No Tai, Raptormon's attack drained us. We have

energy to fight."

"Not all of us." Gatomon said, with Patamon and Gomamon on either side of her.

"Ok, Gomamon, your up." Tai said.

"Gomamon digivolve to……….Ikkakumon"

"Patamon, I know that you have only done this once before, but we need you to digivolve." Tai said.

"Harpoon Torpedo" Ikkakumon yelled as several missiles launched from his head, and went straight for Raptormon and Ogermon.

"I don't know if I can Tai" Patamon said.

"Sonic Blast" Yelled Raptormon, as Ikkakumon was hit by the same blast that hit the others. He then changed back to Gomamon.

"You have to Patamon, you and Gatomon are the only ones left to fight." Tai and Patamon watched as Gatomon charged Raptormon fast and hard, and then got hit and knocked back by Ogermons club. "Patamon, do it for TK."

Suddenly, Patamon started to glow, "Patamon digivolve to………..Angemon."

Ogermon looked up at Angemon, as he floated over them all. Taking this opportunity, Matt reached into her pocket, and pulled out a few granola bars, and gave them to Gabumon. "Eat these quick." Gabumon did as he was told, and then stood up.

"My energy is back." Gabumon quickly changes back into Garurumon. "Now, lets up this battle a little."

"Do it Garurumon." Matt yelled, as her crest began to glow. "Friendship!"

Angemon attacked, using his staff as his main weapon. "Light of Goodness"

"Garurumon digivolve to………..Weregarurumon."

Angemons attack struck Ogermon, sending him flying back into the wood, where he landed right on top of Demidevimon. Raptormon looked up, and Angemon fired again. But Raptormon was ready for the blast, and deflected it away from him. "Mega Claw" Raptormon looked over, just in time to see Weregarurumons blast come straight at him, and nail him, throwing him back on top of Ogermon and Demidevimon. Weregarurumon then changed back to Tsunomon, and Angemon reverted back to Patamon.

Kakeru and Kari helped Leomon up, and they all headed for the spot where Raptormon and his two henchmen lay on the ground. 'It's over Raptormon, you have lost." Leomon said as confident as ever.

"You are a fool to believe that Leomon." Raptormon said, evilly. "For you see, the rumors about me digivolving in a matter of days is false." A huge toothy smile broke Raptormons face, "Because I am ready to digivolve NOW." And as a collected gasp left Everyone's mouth, Raptormon began to glow, "Raptormon digivolve to………..Rexmon", and reenergized by his digivolve, Rexmon stood up and looked at the kids, and their digimon friends. "Capture Claw" Rexmon yelled, as both of his arms flew out, and grabbed Agumon and Biyomon, and handed them to Ogermon, who in turn put them into a large bag. He them grabbed Tsunomon, and Gomamon, and then Tentomon and Palmon.

He was about to grab Patamon and Gatomon, when he was suddenly hit by a fireball. The kids, and their digimon, looked over in the direction that the fireball came from, and saw that Pyromon was up and fighting. "Fire Breath" Pyromon yelled again, and shot another fireball at Rexmon and his group.

"So, you think that you are going to stop me, well, think again. Capture Claw." And Rexmon sent his arms out again to grab the small digimon.

Tai responded fast, and knocked Pyromon out of the way, only to be caught himself. "Run Pyromon run." Tai managed to choke out, but the small digimon just kept on fighting, slashing at Rexmons hand, and shooting fireballs at him.

"I will not give up digi-destoned, until you are free." Suddenly Rexmons other hand came out, and grabbed Pyromon, squeezing him tight.

"Pyromon" Tai yelled, and then something amazing happened, his Digivice and crest began to glow, and then Pyromon himself. "What? He's digivolving…" Tai smiled and shouted, "Courage!"

"Pyromon digivolve to………..Dragimon"

Shocked by what just happened, Rexmon let go of Tai, and watched as the giant dragon hovered in the sky above them. But before he could say anything, Dragimon let loose its attack on the three evil digimon, "Lava Flame" and an immense flame left Dragimons mouth, and fell on them.

Demidevimon was the first to flee, closely followed by Ogermon, who was still carrying the bag with Agumon, Biyomon, Tentomon, Tsunomon, and Palmon in it. Before running himself, Rexmon turned around, and faced what was left of the group. "You have not seen the last of me digidestined. I have your main group of digimon, and you will never see them again." And with that, Rexmon ran into the forest.

Dragimon, returned to Pyromon, and landed next to Tai. Gatomon and Patamon walked up next to him. Still shocked by what just happened, all Tai could say was "What just happened here?"

Gennai walked up from under the lake, and stood in front of the kids and Leomon, "So it has finally happened."

"What has?" Izzy asked.

"It was for told," Gennai began, "That the time would come when the digidestined would be without their digimon for a time, and that a new group of digimon would take their place in history." Gennai looked at Pyromon, "Pyromon here is the first of those new digimon."

"So that is why I had the overwhelming urge to fly this way this morning." Pyromon said, realizing what was happening.

"Exactly," Gennai began, "All of you must now venture out, to find those remaining five digimon, that will help you to get back your friends."

"Then lets go," Tai said, "and find them."

The others all agreed with him, except for Leomon, "Then I will remain here, and try to mobilize all of the good digimon, that way, when you return, our chances will be grater that we will get our friends back, and stop Rexmons evil once and for all." But before anyone could cheer, Leomon left the group, and went into the woods.

"I guess that is our cue to leave too." Matt said.

"Then I wish you luck on your quest." Gennai told them, as they began to walk in the opposite direction as Leomon went.

As they walked, Tai thought about all the good times that they had with their friends, and swore that they would find the other digimon, and free Agumon and the others, or die trying.

+-+-+-+-+

"WHAT" Rexmon shouted at Demidevimon.

"That digimon that helped them, is one of the new digimon."

"Then we must stop them from finding the other digimon." Rexmon commented. "Ogermon."

Ogermon quickly ran into the throne room. "What can I do for you Master Rexmon?"

"I have just learned that the digidestined are looking for new digimon, to help them get back their friends. Stop them, before that happens."

"It will be done my master." Ogermon said, and then left to start his job.

Rexmon walked out to the balcony, and placed both hands on the rail. 'These digidestined are going to be harder to beat than I originally thought. But I will defeat them, and succeed where Devimon, Etemon, and Myotismon have failed.' Rexmon then walked back into the castle.

+-+-+-+-+

To Be Continued in 'Episode 2: Tail Slash and Blue Fire'

+-+-+-+-+

Momentai.