Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Space Between ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]







You can not quit me so quickly
is no hope in you for me
no corner you could squeeze me
But I got all the time for you, love
The space between the tears we cry
Is the laughter keeps us coming back for more
The space between the wicked lies we tell
and hope keep us safe from the pain,
but will I hold you again?
-Space Between- by Dave Mathews band-

TK's POV

It's been ten long years since that summer that I first went into the Digital World, but to be honest I wish I could forget it all, except for meeting my friends the whole experience seems like a waste. Though I am almost an adult, I realize that still I am the barer of the crest of hope. That dose not bother me, but the fact that I could care less about hoping is kind of depressing.
What is the point though, I know my family will never be together again, there is no hoping for a peaceful world, I know that's bull shit, the world will never be entirely peaceful, but thats the image people have of me; TK he never gives up hope, he'll keep the faith alive. Sadly that's true but sometimes I wish I could give up. I look across the class room, there's Kari, paying attention like always. There is one thing I don't hope for: her love, I know I all ready have that. Though neither of us have ever said anything, I know if either of us ever needed that love the other would be right there to give it, at least I hope so. Then it hits me, I still do have hope, and it's Kari that keeps that hope alive; but the space between what people think, and who I really am is to great to measure. Rather than think about it, I glance back at Kari. She seems to have an almost amazing glow about her, I know what it is; the beauty of light.

The space between
what's wrong and right
Is where you'll find me hiding
waiting for you
The space between, your heart and mine
Is the space we'll fill with time
-Space Between-Dave Mathews Band-

Kari's POV

There he goes, looking at me that way again. I know he cares for me so much, but I don't turn around to return the loving look, because of who I am. The barer of the crest of the light, the girl who can do no wrong. The child of light, so pure and innocent. So perfect it's almost sickening. That's who people think I am, but the space between who I am and what they think couldn't be more wrong, but I think the only person who truly understands that is TK.
Damn the crest of light, it keeps me from happiness, but only because I let it. I want so badly to tell TK how I feel, but I am also afraid to tell him. Afraid I will do something someday that will hurt him, or that would ruin the image that people have of me. Sometimes I want to scream in frustration, why do I care what they think? Why do I let it come to the point where it almost controls me? I pretend to pay attention to the teacher, willing TK to look away from me, but I know he won't. Some I'll tell TK what he means to me, regardless of how that changes my image to others. In fact starting now I don't care, slowly I turn around in my seat, meeting TK's glance, and smile, then I turn back around. I know it wasn't much, but to him it meant the world.
I know both of us live lives according to the way people think we should, but at least we have each other, and together I think we can over come the space between.