Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tails of Four Demons

Chapter Two: Memories

By KellyQ

 

"Takeru, hear me out," Yamato said following his brother down the hallway, "it wasn't what you thought-Taichi was telling me some info that might help stop the war."

The young blonde stopped and turned around. "You believe that- 'thing'! What if he's a spy? What if-!"

Yamato sighed and shook his head. "You probably don't remember..."

"Remember what?"

"When you where eight years old? We got separated..."

Takeru flinched as his eyes widened. How could've he forgotten that? That day he was lost and couldn't find his brother. He did remember someone helping him-that happened to be demon. Yamato first tried to hurt the demon but Takeru came to it's defense saying that it was friendly. The young blonde tried to take one last mental picture of the demon before being dragged away.

Yamato watched his brother's expression change to realization. "Yep. The one you tried to kill just a few moments ago was the whom helped you four years ago."

Takeru sank to the floor curling up in a ball; his wings draped over his body as his Eagle like ears dropped to the side of his head shaking a little. Yamato gasped as he went to his brother's side looking really alarmed.

"Takeru, are you all right?"

"W-what have I done-"

By know Takeru was sobbing. Yamato pulled his brother into a hug rocking him back in forth. "Shhh. It's okay. You didn't recognize him."

Now Takeru felt worse that his brother forgave him for almost killing someone whom helped in the past. Yamato straightened his brother so they where eye level and smiled.

"Don't feel bad. In some ways you helped me find happiness."

"I...I...did?"

Yamato helped his brother up whom still looked shocked. "Yes. Meeting Taichi was the best thing that ever happened to me."

By know Yamato had his brother by the hands as they went around in caraculs. Takeru blinked in confusion as his brother let go him and walked away as though he was hit by a Cubit.


Once he got home, Hikari was the first to great her older brother at the door saying that she was really worried about him. Taichi smiled saying that the prince was out latter than he should've. I wish you would stop lying to me, Hikari thought watching her brother walk into the kitchen, I know you've been seeing that angel. She knew better than say something to her parents-knowing that if she did Taichi would never be the same.

"Taichi, are you sure that there's nothing I can help with?" Hikari asked out of the blue.

She walked into the kitchen see her brother cooking something on the stove. "Thanks sis, but I got it."

Hikari sat at the table just as Taichi put the plat of food in front of her. He put his plat where he was going to sit and sat down and started to eat. The vibes at the moment changed as Taichi looked at his food while eating. He finally spoke after five minutes of silence.

"Hikari, there's something I should tell you..." He said looking up at his sister, "you know about four years ago-when I went to find a cure for your illness? I met someone..."

Hikari reached out and took her brothers hand giving it tight squeeze before he continued. "and not just anyone-an angel. Two angels actually. They are both brothers. The eldest is really kind and-"

Taichi stopped right there. He didn't want to reveal the rest. That he was in love Yamato-sneaking out just to see his koi and figure out away to stop the war. Hikari smile as she chuckled inwardly seeing the soft look in her brothers eyes.

"I'm happy for you." She finally said still smiling.

"Thanks for-"

He stopped with great shock in his eyes. How did she know? "You-you won't tell mom and dad will you?"

"I won't. Knowing how important he is to you."

"Thanks Hikari, that means a lot to me." Taichi responded softly squeezing his sister's hand.


"There you are," Hirokazu said as Takato run up.

"What took you so long? Kenta thought you might've been kidnapped by angels and being tortured-"

By know both boys where giggling obvious that what they where going to say next was a joke.

"Tortured with feathers!"

By know they where laughing. Takato was not amused at all. He never understood why they both made jokes about serious maters. Both boys stopped laughing when they noticed that Takato wasn't taking it as a joke.

"Oh, come on Takato you know that we where just kidding." Kenta said offendadly.

"You guys don't know what Angels are capable of do you?" Takato said coldly looking straight at Hirokazu.

The spiky haired brunette could see slight anger in Takato's eyes. Kenta saw his koi shrink slightly looking slightly nervous. He looked back at Takato to see the look he was Hirokazu. He knew what that look meant. Takato would give Hirokazu that look when the other brunette wasn't in the mood for jokes.

"Geez Takato, he was just playing. Can't you take a joke?"

"If you guys want to play your more than welcome but I'm not going to be part of it."

Takato turned and walked away leaving Hirokazu and Kenta to look at each other. "I hate to say it but Takato's right. We should act more our age."

"Oh great," Kenta huffed playfully, "now my koi is acting dense."

"Oh," Hirokazu responded turning around and pinning his koi to the floor, "but that still doesn't mean we can't have fun."


Ryo walked down the hallway and into the main room to see Lee looking out the window deep in thought. The dark haired boy really hated this war-both sides have lost far amount of troops if not more. Ryo wrapped his arms around the other boy bringing his wings around them.

"What's wrong?"

"It's my father-they called and said that he had to go in."

Lee closed his eyes. Now what was he suppose to do? Now half of his family is gone leaving him; his little sister and his really sick mother. Ryo rested his head on Lee's shoulder feeling a slight pain himself that he couldn't do anything for his koi.

Damn those demons! He'll make them suffer for hurting Lee!

To Be Continued ....