Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ In and Out of Realizations ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

The Tails of Four Demons

Chapter four:????

By KellyQ

'Come on, I think it's this way!' Kouji said over his shoulder making sure that the demon brunette was behind him.

He sure was. Kouji couldn't help but reach out and pull the other boy as they both picked up their speed. It wasn't long before they came to the battle ground to see both of their fathers fighting. Both boys just watched as great energy collide against each other.

'This is Awful-we got to stop them!'

They both went flying toward them ready to pull them apart. Before they could make it a sound of skin ripped braking through Kouji's ears. He turned his head to see that the demon boy was struck by an arrow. Kouji's eyes widen in complete horror as the demon boy dropped to the ground like a rock. The dark haired boy flew for the fallen boy but was stopped by a couple of Angel guards.

'Let me pass,' Kouji panicked looking over the guards shoulder, 'I need to help him!'

Blood was coming out of the young boy really fast and Kouji could feel the demon's pain. "He'll die if I don't help him!"

Another sound of skin ripped through the air as Kouji looked to see that five Angels had surrounded the young demon using some of their attacks to kill it.  The demon howled in pain as it begged for mercy. A couple of more angels came took hold of the angel prince by the arm and started to drag him away.

'No! I've got to save him!'

Kouji struggled against their grip until a gust of wind went past the prince causing him to stiffen getting a sent that almost smelled like the demon. Kouji closed his eyes feeling as though someone was whispering in the back of his mind that he was loved. Kouji lowered his head feeling as though part of him was taken away.


Kouji woke up with tears coming down his face. He covered his face with his hand and started to cry. Kouichi whom just woken up got out of bed and sat next to his brother; pulled him closed rocking him back and forth.

"Shhh. It was just a bad dream." Kouichi soothed still rubbing his brothers back.

Kouji finally calmed down after five minutes. "Some times I wonder why we're at war in the first place. I mean, the demon in my dream was not all that bad and they had to slaughter him!"

"Have you thought of what these dreams mean?" Kouichi asked with furm expression on his face.

"That's the thing that I'm afraid of-if I find out what it means."

The two remaied silent for awhile until Kouichi spoke up again. "How do you feel about the whole thing?"

"I do feel that there's no point in the war." Kouji answered truthfully.

Kouichi nodded his head. "I see. So what does the person in the dream mean to you?"

"What do you mean? I hardly knew the demon let a lone knowing his name."

"You'll have your chance soon enough-"

"Wha-what do you mean?"

Kouji's heart was racing. Was the person in his dream real? Will they actually get to met a real Demon? What if it was a trap? There was so many question running through the prince's brain and the only way he was going to get answers was play along.


"Why can't I come?" Shinya wined.

"Because, I don't want to have to worry about you."

"You just don't want me to have any of the fun!" Shinya argued back.

"That's not true!"

"Oh," Shinya countered back with a dark playful smirk, "if you don't let me come along, I'll tell mom and dad that you're talking to the enemy."

"You wouldn't!"

The young boy turned around with his nose in the air, and folded his arms. "If you don't want me to tell mom and dad, you'll let me come along."

"Fine," Takuya huffed angrily, "just make sure that-"

"Can I come too?" Another voice asked.

They both turned to see that it was Tomoki standing at the door way. Shinya walked up. "Can Tomoki come too?"

"Fine! But you'll have to keep him out trouble."


"When is mommy going to get better?" Suzi asked her brother.

"I'm going to get mom her medications since she's out." Lee explained.

"What's going on?" Ryo asked walking into the main room.

Lee rose to his feet took hold of Ryo by the arm, and walked out of the room into the hallway leaving behind a confused Suzi.

"My mom doesn't have much time to live if I don't get the medication..."

"How much time?" Ryo asked in serious tone.

"Who knows? The doctor couldn't give a proximate guess on how long she'll live."

"I'll come with you-"

"That's sweet of you, but someone needs to stay here and watch over Suzi-just incase my mother needs immediate care."

Ryo nodded his head. "I'll look after your sister and mother until you get back."

Lee pulled the brunette into a hug. "I knew that I could count on you."

Pulling apart they both walked into the main room to see Suzi playing with her stuffed rabbit. Ryo picked the little angel up and Lee went to get his coat and bag. Suzi could feet that something was up-something bad.

"Where are you going?" She asked seeing Lee walking towards the door.

"I'm going to get mom more medications," Lee reminded her, "Ryo is going to look after you. So you'll be a good girl, right?"

Suzi nodded her head as Lee gave her peck on the forehead-then looked at Ryo who looked back at the dark haired boy. They gave each other quick kiss on the lips, before Lee walked out.

To Be Continued ....